AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2023-03-03, 18:21   Link #4501
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
And I want to ignore Roberto but I can't ignore him completely, so I'll just say this into the air while hoping he hears: the rules arc is just an arc so it'll eventually end, and Rio, Sora and Ashia are seriously trying to find a way to break God's rules here, too, so there's no reason to not believe that the girls in the harem will remember Rio and Aishia later on.
Yeah sure, in 5 more vols rules might eventually go away but then what? the status quo its the same as it was before the rules, everyone is just friends, all that shit about a "harem" are just delusions bro, harem in this novel is not real boi, wake up
Old 2023-03-03, 21:55   Link #4502
Xan2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
Reis obviously wasn't the dragon king's or Lina's familiar or had any relationship with them going by how he seems to completely ignore all of the information related to them or the existence of things known to them like the reincarnation magic. Reis can't be either a familiar of any of the great spirits because Sora said that all of them were humanoid spirits and Reis isn't one. Reis can't be a wise God or some of their familiars either, his lack of knowledge about everything related to the wise Gods, the transcendentals, the familiars, the rules, the heroes... discard him as one. On the other side Reis has a lot of knowledge and abilities that should belong to people from the demon side like controlling monsters and turning wyvers or other creatures and even humans into monsters for gaining control of them. It is also unknown to which side belonged the knowledge that he used to patch up Lucius' body like the stone that closed the whole in his chest after entering it just like when Reis was creating revenants or Lucius' new eye and arm. The fact that Reis saw solestal magic before and was familiar with it could mean that he fought in the past against people who could use it, something that might hint at Reis being a survivor from one thousand years ago, that it was when that magic became lost knowledge. Lastly, Reis also made at times comments that gave the impression that he didn't consider himself human or at least that he doesn't incluse himself in the whole known as humanty.

That's more less the what Reis seems to be know or not that I can think of right now.
Reiss did allude to the existence of divine sorcerers created by the Seven Wise Gods in volume 19 which may have been a category separate from familiars. So chantless magic, celestial magic, etc those sorcerers may have been able to pull off (The Claire family can at least perform celestial magic). Which is why Reiss doesn't draw a conclusion based on that. I do think he knows how familiars come to be, in volume 22 he first thought Celia's evolution was due to Rio. Though there I agree, that logic solidifies that Reiss has no idea about the Dragon King if he was lumping Rio into a wise god category. I do think its too soon to rule out Reiss of one category or another based on his existence as its unclear. Reiss in earlier volumes was described by Aishia as giving off conflicting signals on his being, having traits of spirits, monsters, and human all in one. The author does need to give us some details on him after 23 volumes in my opinion. We really haven't been given anything, but Reiss is always growing off page into roles or revealing knowledge when the situation changes for Rio, but the readers are never given any follow-up on how he obtained that information or perhaps insight into previous revelations.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-04, 02:42   Link #4503
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
Yeah sure, in 5 more vols rules might eventually go away but then what? the status quo its the same as it was before the rules, everyone is just friends, all that shit about a "harem" are just delusions bro, harem in this novel is not real boi, wake up
Yours is one way to look at it against our harem outlook. Except, Roberto, Kitayama has delivered well up to this point, he might tease and troll but he delivers in the end, and his delivery at points that matter is usually above a certain threshold of quality, hence we have no reason to discredit the harem progress plot point at this stage.

The turning point I believe, will be the few volumes right after all the girls remember Rio. If in those vols we get no drive and no action for progress from neither Rio nor the girls that means we were duped, simple as that. Or we get the romance progress we've been expecting and you're one embarrassing guy who got it supremely wrong but was so confident.

On Reiss, after reading jagt's summary of the width of his knowledge, I can't help but think, Reiss is getting out of his depth real quick. I'm going to speculate that the divine war was mostly three different phases:

1/ the wise gods messed up and the demons arrived. demons + monsters VS 6 wise gods + humans ensued. 6 great spirits join in. Wise betray them. The fight continues but with the addition of the nukes=heroes.

2/ dragon king and Lina join in the fray. They, or rather, he shows them how war is done. drives the demon race to near extinction. They might also have fought the wise gods faction; heroes, human armies and all. Anyway, the 2 overuse their divinity and are nearly dead, the rest we know from Aishia's mem.

3/ All the strong are gone, only small fries remain in all sides of the battle. A low level war of heroes/humans VS demons/monsters ensues. This is what the humans know in their history and records as the heavenly demonic war and it is also the battle where Reiss played an active role.

If I got the flow of events right, then Reiss will most likely be losing his position as a main villain and most of his relevance once we get some real answers about him, which the author sort of teased on vol 23 when he said something along the lines of "nobody knows what the man called Reiss fights for or against."
hihoperorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-04, 10:57   Link #4504
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihoperorin View Post
we have no reason to discredit the harem progress plot point at this stage.
bro what are you talking about?, we got all reasons to discredit the "harem progress" at this stage, before the whole rules mess rio said multiple times he was against a harem, i remeber cuz he said it to cristina clearly and bluntly.
In addition to that, when Charlotte organized a meeting to talk about this topic, all the girls concluded that Haruto was the type of man who would only love one woman

I don't know what other proof you need, you already have the opinion of the MC and all heroines

Quote:
The turning point I believe, will be the few volumes right after all the girls remember Rio. If in those vols we get no drive and no action for progress from neither Rio nor the girls that means we were duped, simple as that."
i dont like the word "duped", you are suggesting the author deceived his public, but he did not, he already wrote haruto's pov and girls pov on the matter, if you choose to ignore it it's ok, but dont feel betrayed later, author is not deceiving you, you are deceiving yourself
Old 2023-03-04, 18:33   Link #4505
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
To be more precise it is solestal magic, written kenjinmahou in kanji, the kanji for wisdom,God, magic, and technique/method that put together gives wise God magic with the katakanas so, re,su, ta, ru, ma, ji, tsu and ku above that put together gives you solestaru magicku, that in englist it would be solestal magic, for the word to be read as celestial magic like the official translation says the katakanas would have to be se, re, su, shi, a, ru, ma, gi, tsu and ku, celestiaru magicku when put together that in english would be celestial magic, but as I said already the word celestial isn't the one used in the raws.
Japanese authors aren't good with English. And either way, "celestial" would make more sense. Like I said before, "solestial" isn't even a word, anyway.

Rio said he doesn't want a harem, and the girls concluded at that party Charlotte organized earlier that he's not the type to love more than one woman, but things can change. Miharu isn't the only one who loves him, so he may choose to make them all happy. We'll see.

@Xan: Reiss' case is very weird and confusing. I still think he's likelier to be a demon, though.
Old 2023-03-04, 20:20   Link #4506
jagt

Quote:
Japanese authors aren't good with English. And either way, "celestial" would make more sense. Like I said before, "solestial" isn't even a word, anyway.

Rio said he doesn't want a harem, and the girls concluded at that party Charlotte organized earlier that he's not the type to love more than one woman, but things can change. Miharu isn't the only one who loves him, so he may choose to make them all happy. We'll see.

@Xan: Reiss' case is very weird and confusing. I still think he's likelier to be a demon, though.
The authors don't always use existing words for naming things inside fantasy novels, it wouldn't be the first time anyone uses an invented word in a book, and even if there had really been a problem with the author's english I seriously doubt that there isn't a sngle person among all of HJ Bunko's editorial department that can't say if there is a typo or not. Don't get me wrong, if I have to choose I think celestial magic sounds better, but it isn't what it is written in the book, so I won't use that term.

About Rio not wanting a harem, Rio's reluctance isn't due to him being against polygamy, he simply is unable to enter a romantic relationship with anyone, losing his mother at Lucius' hands made Rio really scared of forming a family just to fail to protect it again, that's why he doesn't want to have a romantic relationship or getting married with anyone, even less an harem.
Old 2023-03-04, 21:19   Link #4507
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
The authors don't always use existing words for naming things inside fantasy novels, it wouldn't be the first time anyone uses an invented word in a book, and even if there had really been a problem with the author's english I seriously doubt that there isn't a sngle person among all of HJ Bunko's editorial department that can't say if there is a typo or not. Don't get me wrong, if I have to choose I think celestial magic sounds better, but it isn't what it is written in the book, so I won't use that term.
Good point. I guess we'll stop here, then.

Quote:
About Rio not wanting a harem, Rio's reluctance isn't due to him being against polygamy, he simply is unable to enter a romantic relationship with anyone, losing his mother at Lucius' hands made Rio really scared of forming a family just to fail to protect it again, that's why he doesn't want to have a romantic relationship or getting married with anyone, even less an harem.
This can be fixed, and I believe the girls were already in the process of healing him. Miharu can definitely do it, and so can Aishia and Celia. It'll be fine.
Old 2023-03-05, 22:07   Link #4508
Roberto1

Quote:
This can be fixed, and I believe the girls were already in the process of healing him. Miharu can definitely do it, and so can Aishia and Celia. It'll be fine.
you are delusional pal, in the same vol when the girls talked about haruto and the harem, miharu did not show any intention to share, neither celia, miharu even said something about "not losing to the rest" the main girls don't want to share shit, nor does haruto want harem, he has said it like 4 times, but you refuse to listen.

Quote:
what is wrong with you? Do you pay any attention to the readings you do, or do you only read what you want to imagine?, He literally and clearly told Cristina that he did not like the idea of ​​polygamy,
he say it so clearly that there is no room for an interpretation of his words, everything else you wrote is just excuses, your mind invents crazy theories and far-fetched interpretations to feed your fantasies.

In addition, Haruto rejected the harem after volume 14, that is, after Lucius death, Rio rejected the harem after the completion of his revenge arc not before.

so the excuse of" revenge prevents the harem" no longer serves you, right now your current excuse should be the rules, the "rules prevent the harem" and when the rules break down you will have to find a new excuse, and it will be "new holy war prevents the harem", then the demon king will appear and he will be the excuse,"demon king prevents the harem" and so you will continue until the end of the novel.

you live in the clouds jagt, Detached from reality, i pity you.

Last edited by Roberto1; 2023-03-05 at 22:29.
Roberto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-06, 00:53   Link #4509
hihoperorin

Quote:
you are delusional pal, in the same vol when the girls talked about haruto and the harem, miharu did not show any intention to share, neither celia, miharu even said something about "not losing to the rest" the main girls don't want to share shit, nor does haruto want harem, he has said it like 4 times, but you refuse to listen.

what is wrong with you? Do you pay any attention to the readings you do, or do you only read what you want to imagine?, He literally and clearly told Cristina that he did not like the idea of ​​polygamy,
he say it so clearly that there is no room for an interpretation of his words, everything else you wrote is just excuses, your mind invents crazy theories and far-fetched interpretations to feed your fantasies.

In addition, Haruto rejected the harem after volume 14, that is, after Lucius death, Rio rejected the harem after the completion of his revenge arc not before.

so the excuse of" revenge prevents the harem" no longer serves you, right now your current excuse should be the rules, the "rules prevent the harem" and when the rules break down you will have to find a new excuse, and it will be "new holy war prevents the harem", then the demon king will appear and he will be the excuse,"demon king prevents the harem" and so you will continue until the end of the novel.

I'm surprised Roberto; you actually have reading comprehension level 1. You can read words and understand their meaning. The thing is tho, we have reading comprehension level 3 or 4, we include intonation, interpretation, past events, consequences, motives, personalities, circumstances and a bunch of other things when we read the story, that's why jagt's statement seemed out of touch to you. It might feel overwhelming for you right now, but hopefully, one day you will get there too my friend.
Old 2023-03-06, 06:37   Link #4510
jagt

Quote:

For all of that you ask to not be called bot or troll I see that as always you continue to pull out one of the most obvious and old bot/troll teachniques of talking while letting out on purpose, and very obviously, details that don't suit your point or even making up things for the sake of spreading your misinterpratation of the facts.

You say Miharu doesn't seem to have any intention to share or of losing to the other girls but forget, on purpose obviously, that Miharu is a japanese girl that wasn't raised with polygamy in mind and taught to accept it like the rest of the girls, the same for Satsuki. You also don't say that there has already been plenty of examples of japanese girls changing their minds in regards to that in a lot of other isekai or fantasy novels either, you again don't say that a lot of heroines from novels with harems taking similar stances in regards to not losing to the others was never a problem for those novels to have an harem ending too.

You say Celia refuses to share too but she never did such statement with her words, actions or even just inside her mind. You have claimed the main girls don't want to share letting out Aisia,and of course on purpose, who is all in for whatever Rio decides, and that none of the girls said ever they would refuse to be part of Rio's harem if he ever asks them to.

Another thing, that again on purpose, you continue to not to say, is that the girls just don't cooperate because, mistakenly, believe that Rio is against polygamy when he really isn't, as I already explained why in my previous comment. The four times you say Rio said clearly to be against poligamy don't exist either, there was just one time and motivated by Rio's inability to enter in a romantic relationship with someone due to his emotional problems and not to opposition to the harem concept, something that was also explained in the same volume 16 where that "rejection" of an harem was made.

You say I live in the world of clouds when you are the one putting clouds in front of what doesn't suit your point to hide it, typical troll hyphocresy. You say you pity me but I pity way more the you who is so needed of attention that needs to do something as empty and dumb as to post here lies about books that you don't read for getting it, one more typical troll trait.

Quote:
I'm surprised Roberto; you actually have reading comprehension level 1. You can read words and understand their meaning. The thing is tho, we have reading comprehension level 3 or 4, we include intonation, interpretation, past events, consequences, motives, personalities, circumstances and a bunch of other things when we read the story, that's why jagt's statement seemed out of touch to you. It might feel overwhelming for you right now, but hopefully, one day you will get there too my friend.
He might actually have good reading comprehension, but for one's reading comprehension to be relevant that someone needs to read the books, something Roberto doesn't, at best he uses the uncomplete information from the summaries or some mtl to pretend he does and he ignores on purpose whatever that he doesn't consider usefull for making up crap against the series, making his reading comprehension even more irrelevant.

Last edited by jagt; 2023-03-06 at 13:50.
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-06, 08:39   Link #4511
hihoperorin

Btw guys, I really don't get where everyone got the idea that Miharu is against a harem from. Iirc all she basically said was "these girls are actively trying to get closer to Haru-kun, I'm no good as I am, I have to change myself and close the distance with him." Essentially, "watashi mo maketcha irrannai." Then all of a sudden people decided that means Miharu refused to share. She wasn't even thinking about sharing or whatnot, just her relationship with Rio.

Did I maybe misremember here?
Old 2023-03-06, 10:58   Link #4512
jagt

Quote:
Btw guys, I really don't get where everyone got the idea that Miharu is against a harem from. Iirc all she basically said was "these girls are actively trying to get closer to Haru-kun, I'm no good as I am, I have to change myself and close the distance with him." Essentially, "watashi mo maketcha irrannai." Then all of a sudden people decided that means Miharu refused to share. She wasn't even thinking about sharing or whatnot, just her relationship with Rio.

Did I maybe misremember here?
In volume 16 Miharu thought to herself that she didn't want to give Rio to anyone else, but that was a conclusion that she arrived at starting from the mistaken, in my opinion and for the reason I explained above, premise that Rio just wants one partner, but it is unknown what would have been her thoughts without a mistaken premise. Rather than refusing to share, all of the girls think Rio himself won't give them the option of sharing to begin with, something that it is also preventing them from being more cooperative among them in regards to Rio just like Charlotte wishes. I personally think any claim of any the heroines being against poligamy until they refuse to share while being clearly aware of they having the option of just doing so would be quite weak, but since volume 16 there has been a lot of apocalypse believers using Miharu as an excuse for rising their pancarts of "OTP end is near" becuase of that sentence.
Old 2023-03-06, 12:59   Link #4513
Marco
A lazy reader.

I believe this brief interaction is a good depection of their willingness (Satsuki, Miharu and Celia's) to accept the fact that Rio has the "responsibility" to embrace the feelings of not only Miharu but Celia, too; both in their perspective and in Rio's own mind (freely taken).

Quote:
“Stop that, Char. These two still haven’t given their greetings yet,” Satsuki said, scolding Charlotte for trying to monopolize Rio’s attention. “I have a lot I want to say too, but Celia and Miharu worked really hard while Haruto was gone, remember? So let them talk to him too. Go on, you two.”
She pushed the hesitant Miharu and Celia towards Rio.
“Erm...”
They exchanged slightly embarrassed looks with each other.
“Welcome back.”
They celebrated Rio’s return with gentle smiles.
Images
Miharu and Celia
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-06, 22:59   Link #4514
Roberto1

Quote:
You also don't say that there has already been plenty of examples of japanese girls changing their minds in regards to that in a lot of other isekai or fantasy novels either, you again don't say that a lot of heroines from novels with harems taking similar stances in regards to not losing to the others was never a problem for those novels to have an harem ending too.

Are you serious? you lost your mind pal, You can't make those comparisons,
Those other "examples" of which you speak happen in other novels written by other authors, that does not mean shit for Yuri, he has all the creative freedom of his work, and yuri has already made clear his position in hte harem topic, only that you do not want to understand it, You only dedicate yourself to ignoring all the signs that Yuri has written to warn that there will be no harem, and with your obsessive mind you have decided to go through everything to imagine a supposed "harem" that does not exist

Quote:
You say Celia refuses to share too but she never did such statement with her words, actions or even just inside her mind. You have claimed the main girls don't want to share letting out Aisia,and of course on purpose, who is all in for whatever Rio decides, and that none of the girls said ever they would refuse to be part of Rio's harem if he ever asks them to.
Celia is the most jealous bitch of the entire pseudo Harem, she spends her day blocking the rest and getting jealous of everyone,even the 10 -year -old girls, of course celia does not want to share.

"none of the girls said ever they would refuse to be part of Rio's harem if he ever asks them to"

At this point, I don't know if you just want to make me angry, or you really don't pay attention to the reading, or maybe we are reading different light novels. What kind of alternate reality do you live in?

The Rio that I have read over the years would never, ever, for any reason and under any circumstances ask the girls he knows to start a polyamorous relationship.

the protagonist that I have read during these 20+ volumes is not capable of such a thing, not even in your wildest dreams, if you really think after all this time that Rio is capable of something like that, you really have gone completely crazy, you have not paid an ounce of attention to Rio personality during all this time.

Quote:
the girls just don't cooperate because, mistakenly, believe that Rio is against polygamy when he really isn't.
you're starting to irritate me, are you going to make me look up the volume, reread that part and copy and paste the parts where rio EXPLICITLY said he didn't like the idea of polygamy perse?

Are you going to make me look for it? Think carefully about your answer, because I'm going to do it if necessary, and you're going to look like a fool in front of everyone, because Rio said explicitly, clearly and without hesitation that he did not liked the idea of the harem,He didn't say anything about thinking about it later, nor did he give any subjective answer that you could interpret, he clearly said
"I don't like the idea of polygamy,"

Last edited by Roberto1; 2023-03-06 at 23:12.
Roberto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-07, 00:31   Link #4515
Marco
A lazy reader.

Quote:
Those other "examples" of which you speak happen in other novels written by other authors, that does not mean shit for Yuri, he has all the creative freedom of his work, and yuri has already made clear his position in hte harem topic, only that you do not want to understand it, You only dedicate yourself to ignoring all the signs that Yuri has written to warn that there will be no harem, and with your obsessive mind you have decided to go through everything to imagine a supposed "harem" that does not exist
I don't think you're one to talk about obsessive minds. You're doing exactly what you're accusing us of: reading blindly and whiping out some strange interpretations.
While I agree that mentioning other works to make a point does not really hold weight here, you're not actually judging Miharu, the one we have to observe through Yuri's writing, as you ought to. It might come as a surprise to you, but with this work's kind of narration, the protagonist's (and all the characters') words are not necessarily absolute.
I'm not going to explain the circumstances under which Rio and the girls talked about poligamy, because Jagt already explained it really well.
As we are talking particularly about Miharu and Celia, the former also said previously that "he doesn't have to choose me, but I still will be with him", and the latter said "you don't have to take responsibility about me not being able to marry as a noble". As strange as it is to mention these kinds of expressions, they are key to undestanding the charcters' motivations and, consequently, the kinds of developments we can logically expect.

Quote:
Celia is the most jealous bitch of the entire pseudo Harem, she spends her day blocking the rest and getting jealous of everyone,even the 10 -year -old girls, of course celia does not want to share.
She's jealous, but not unwilling, as you'd have realized were you not so blinded by the intensity of your emotions.

Quote:
"none of the girls said ever they would refuse to be part of Rio's harem if he ever asks them to"

At this point, I don't know if you just want to make me angry, or you really don't pay attention to the reading, or maybe we are reading different light novels. What kind of alternate reality do you live in?

The Rio that I have read over the years would never, ever, for any reason and under any circumstances ask the girls he knows to start a polyamorous relationship.
I agree with this reading of his character. But the main point we've been making is not this one where Rio takes the clear intention to "solve" things this way, but the one where Rio comes to accept their feelings in the way they want him to. He's clearly aware that he has to address Celia, Miharu, Sayo and Latifa's feelings, not to mantion Charlotte's as his relationship with her is of a different nature, as it is with Aishia.

Quote:
he clearly said
And why did he say it? That's Jagt's point.

Edit:

Quote:
you're starting to irritate me, are you going to make me look up the volume, reread that part and copy and paste the parts where rio EXPLICITLY said he didn't like the idea of polygamy perse?

Are you going to make me look for it? Think carefully about your answer, because I'm going to do it if necessary, and you're going to look like a fool in front of everyone, because Rio said explicitly, clearly and without hesitation that he did not liked the idea of the harem,He didn't say anything about thinking about it later, nor did he give any subjective answer that you could interpret, he clearly said
Do you mean this part?

Quote:
“If I may ask... Will it be expected of me to have multiple wives like the nobility?”
“It’s common for high-ranking nobles to have multiple wives. Your position as a noble is extremely unique, but considering your achievements, I believe many will want you to do the same,” Christina speculated in response to Rio’s troubled question.
“They’ll want me to do so... But will it still be possible for me to remain faithful to one wife if I so desire?” Rio asked, inquiring if the opposite interpretation of what she said would apply.
“Yes. The greatest reason why noble families have multiple wives is to keep the key positions they manage within their own bloodline. Those who don’t mind leaving important positions to branch families or trusted retainers marry only once, but they’re in the minority. It’s common for multiple wives to be demanded of them later, and they end up unable to refuse...” Christina explained regarding the polygamy system.
The head house was where the head of the family shouldered the finances, while branch families were separate houses that made their living independently of the head house. Generally, branch families were created when nobles married wives who couldn’t give heirs to the family. In cases where one left the head house by marrying into another, no branch family was formed.
There was also a polygamy system to make sure there would always be an heir to the family, but if one was willing to bring someone from the branch family in as an heir, then there was no need for multiple wives either. There weren’t many nobles willing to think this way, however.
“I see... I’ve learned much today. Thank you very much,” Rio said to her in awe.
“Based on this conversation, it sounds like you are opposed to having multiple wives?”
“Yes, to be honest...” Rio nodded, fairly unenthusiastically.

“Umm... I apologize for asking out of the blue, but is that because you have a specific person in mind already?”
“A specific person, huh...? I wonder...”
“I’m sorry, that was rude of me to ask. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to,” Christina apologized quickly.
“No, that’s not what I meant... I’m just unable to think about love and marriage at this time.” Rio looked troubled, contemplating for a long moment before revealing his thoughts with a frown. However, his tone wasn’t entirely negative. “But if I had a little... just a little bit more confidence in myself... I think I’d be able to consider things positively then.”
He expressed his thoughts regarding marriage with a faint smile. He might have accomplished his revenge, but he wasn’t able to immediately switch over to the idea of marriage and happiness so easily. There was still a part of him that looked down on himself. But at the same time, he potentially felt a vague hopefulness too.
What do you think? Is it as clearly and absolute as you say it is?

By the way, while it's slightly annoying to read so much negativity and intensity, it's kind of interesting to push the exchange of ideas in this way.

Last edited by Marco; 2023-03-07 at 01:05.
Old 2023-03-07, 02:03   Link #4516
hihoperorin

Quote:
In volume 16 Miharu thought to herself that she didn't want to give Rio to anyone else, but that was a conclusion that she arrived at starting from the mistaken, in my opinion and for the reason I explained above, premise that Rio just wants one partner, but it is unknown what would have been her thoughts without a mistaken premise. Rather than refusing to share, all of the girls think Rio himself won't give them the option of sharing to begin with, something that it is also preventing them from being more cooperative among them in regards to Rio just like Charlotte wishes. I personally think any claim of any the heroines being against poligamy until they refuse to share while being clearly aware of they having the option of just doing so would be quite weak, but since volume 16 there has been a lot of apocalypse believers using Miharu as an excuse for rising their pancarts of "OTP end is near" becuase of that sentence.
Exactly this, now I remember why I mis-recalled, because the girls were thinking based on the premise that Rio only accepts a one-on-one relationship, duh ofc Miharu would want him to herself then, was she supposed to give up on him for the other girls? This point is not about sharing him, it's about having him in the first place and for only one person, they're exclusive, if Celia has him, Miharu can't and so forth.

Quote:
*Insert joker* Why so serious?

Anyway, Roberto buddy, there are no such stakes here, he's not going to look like nothing to nobody, we ain't no bunch of high school brats looking to put each other down. *Insert unhinged kizoku reijou voice* Anata, obaka-san desu wa ne, o-hohohoho. just kidding man.

Quote:
the protagonist that I have read during these 20+ volumes is not capable of such a thing, not even in your wildest dreams, if you really think after all this time that Rio is capable of something like that, you really have gone completely crazy, you have not paid an ounce of attention to Rio personality during all this time.
Once again, you talk so confidently, I think everyone has the right to dunk on you so hard once Rio himself in his own words says that he thinks it may be insincere of him but he'd rather not lie to himself, that he romantically loves them all and asks the girls to give him a chance at proving that a harem can work.

(Bruh, aren't I the one so confident in his speculation)

Heck where in the past 23 vols did you get the impression that Rio if he fell for all the girls would say "I love them all but I'll give up right now." If anything Rio has shown that he can be:
- real flexible and tolerant from his interactions with people, unless the other side tries violence first to which he answers with the necessary amount of violence. He's humble by nature and doesn't tell people what to do.
- unhinged and free as shown when he looked for Lucius and fought him to the death, in the process of which he broke into the Proxia castle and duked it out with the emperor with no cares in the world. Or when he kidnapped Celia, etc...

He's basically a chilling dude capable of sick stuff, but doesn't care to stick his nose in anything as long as the people he loves are safe and sound. A typical harem protagonist would spend a Goku vs Frieza worth of chapters beating around the bush before taking action then he would be having a monologue about how he might get executed if he seriously injured the heroes they worship in a battle, or how his nerves can't bear to fight an emperor or a princess or talk back to a prince without a care, scared of their political power. Meanwhile we got Rio here dishing out true social hierarchal equality to whoever asked for it and people still think this guy is a wimp cuz he didn't run to confess to over ten girls, bloodied coat and all , the moment he killed his nemesis, using childish terms like beta or whatever to describe him.

If anything he's the type to think it through thoroughly before arriving to a conclusion, and while I do agree with you that Rio pre-vol 10, Rio pre-vol 14-6 would all have rejected the notion of harem after serious thought even if confessed to by the girls, that is not because he is against a harem, it is because he is against a relationship altogether, believing someone like him can not make them happy. Furthermore, the setting in which Rio opposed a harem was "am I also obliged from a noble society pov, to practice polygamy?" Besides, the girls have had a really grand influence on his way o thinking, coupled with him being unhinged and flexible (how I see him), it is very much possible that his brain reaches the harem following his heart. As for his feeling, in vol 16 Rio couldn't tell Celia that it's better for her to get married, thinking to himself that the him before killing Lucius could have easily said it, that's a flag/hint for Celia romance. Then at the end of the same vol he said to Miharu that he tried to do it but couldn't let go of either the part of him as Haruto or the existence of Mii-chan for Haruto, there you go Miharu romantic flag/hint. Now if those two are in, that's the gates of harem opening up, any other girl becomes a matter of development.

Remember that his mems as Ryuou still haven't returned yet, we don't know what effects that personality with an eternity of life experience will have on him. It may change some parts of him and it may make him finally accept himself as all three personalities, cuz lets be honest, the whole Rio is not Haruto schtick Rio is going with is just him gaslighting himself. Lina may be a different case but this guy just stayed the same and kept dying and reviving, while losing memories the first time, losing memories doesn't make you a different individual, and since he kept reviving either way, one might argue that dying was the same as sleeping to him, sleeping too doesn't make him a different individual.

Last edited by hihoperorin; 2023-03-07 at 02:50.
Old 2023-03-07, 06:06   Link #4517
jagt

Quote:

Why can't I make those comparisons then? Because they make your point weaker and you don't like it, not something I need to care about. As you said Yuri has all of the freedom to do as he pleases, even for doing things like others do, something very possible when a lot of authors use to read others' works for knowing what they compete against and want it or not might be influenced by it. I already explained several times how the position of Yuri in regards to the harem you speak of doesn't exist and why and is just something you made up in another show of a bot's typical selective blindness. Something you continue to ignore on purpose while accussing me of doing exactly what you do, typical troll hyphocresy as always when it is about you.

As Marco already explained jealousness and unwillingness are not the same. Something very obvious to realize and include in one's point when not in the middle of exhibiting a troll's typical selective blindness.

Get as angry as you want, I couldn't care less. And yes, we problably have been reading different novels, the novels that everyone reads and the version created in your head by your selective blindness. The point has never been what Rio would ask or not but what would happen if he asks, if the girls would be unwilling or if they would have refused when asked that question, and there isn't a girl that looks like she would refuse. Not to say that Rio has been growing more accepting of the idea of romance and conscious of the need to answer the girls' feelings with the pass of time as Marco already explained, the day when he asks that question could end up being not so far for what we know.

Thanks Marco for saving me the work and time of searching for the part of the book that exemplifies the best this troll's selective blindness.

Last edited by jagt; 2023-03-07 at 07:07.
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-08, 00:03   Link #4518
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
While I agree that mentioning other works to make a point does not really hold weight here, you're not actually judging Miharu, the one we have to observe through Yuri's writing, as you ought to. It might come as a surprise to you, but with this work's kind of narration, the protagonist's (and all the characters') words are not necessarily absolute..
words are not absolute yes, i agree, the problem is that actions are, and Rio actions and thoughts are the antithesis of MC who ends up with a harem, he simply doesn't have what it takes to have multiple women with him, And not only do I notice it, all the girls around him know it, that's why Charlotte's small meeting failed, and they all concluded that his style was not polygamy.

Quote:
I'm not going to explain the circumstances under which Rio and the girls talked about poligamy, because Jagt already explained it really well.
As we are talking particularly about Miharu and Celia, the former also said previously that "he doesn't have to choose me, but I still will be with him", and the latter said "you don't have to take responsibility about me not being able to marry as a noble". As strange as it is to mention these kinds of expressions, they are key to undestanding the charcters' motivations and, consequently, the kinds of developments we can logically expect..
It's funny that you put those dialogues between Rio and Celia, precisely in that volume, in my opinion, if there were to be any development between those 2, that was the moment, but when Celia said that line "you don't have to take responsibility about me not being able to marry as a noble"
The problem was that Rio didn't even think for a second about taking responsibility FOR HIMSELF, the idea didn't even come to his mind, which is very sad for celia really, the bastard even suggested celia looking for another guy HAHAHAHAAH

Quote:
She's jealous, but not unwilling, as you'd have realized were you not so blinded by the intensity of your emotions..

It doesn't really matter what Celia wants, Rio isn't cut off to have more than one woman, and I know what you're going to say, "he can change" but the truth is that's impossible, we're already in vol 22 at least more than half the whole novel for sure.l, rio would need such an abrupt and radical personality change that it would be simply unnatural, people can change yes, but the change that he occupies is so radical that it can no longer happen, time has already run out.

Quote:
I agree with this reading of his character. But the main point we've been making is not this one where Rio takes the clear intention to "solve" things this way, but the one where Rio comes to accept their feelings in the way they want him to. He's clearly aware that he has to address Celia, Miharu, Sayo and Latifa's feelings, not to mantion Charlotte's as his relationship with her is of a different nature, as it is with Aishia..
and he will address their feelings, i agree on that, just not in the way you expect (i dont get why you bring sayo though, she is already rejected) the same fate awaits charlotte and latifa, i dont undertand how you concluded they got the sligtest chance

Quote:
“If I may ask... Will it be expected of me to have multiple wives like the nobility?”
“It’s common for high-ranking nobles to have multiple wives. Your position as a noble is extremely unique, but considering your achievements, I believe many will want you to do the same,” Christina speculated in response to Rio’s troubled question.
“They’ll want me to do so... But will it still be possible for me to remain faithful to one wife if I so desire?” Rio asked, inquiring if the opposite interpretation of what she said would apply.
“Yes. The greatest reason why noble families have multiple wives is to keep the key positions they manage within their own bloodline. Those who don’t mind leaving important positions to branch families or trusted retainers marry only once, but they’re in the minority. It’s common for multiple wives to be demanded of them later, and they end up unable to refuse...” Christina explained regarding the polygamy system.
The head house was where the head of the family shouldered the finances, while branch families were separate houses that made their living independently of the head house. Generally, branch families were created when nobles married wives who couldn’t give heirs to the family. In cases where one left the head house by marrying into another, no branch family was formed.
There was also a polygamy system to make sure there would always be an heir to the family, but if one was willing to bring someone from the branch family in as an heir, then there was no need for multiple wives either. There weren’t many nobles willing to think this way, however.
“I see... I’ve learned much today. Thank you very much,” Rio said to her in awe.
“Based on this conversation, it sounds like you are opposed to having multiple wives?”
“Yes, to be honest...” Rio nodded, fairly unenthusiastically.
“Umm... I apologize for asking out of the blue, but is that because you have a specific person in mind already?”
“A specific person, huh...? I wonder...”
“I’m sorry, that was rude of me to ask. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to,” Christina apologized quickly.
“No, that’s not what I meant... I’m just unable to think about love and marriage at this time.” Rio looked troubled, contemplating for a long moment before revealing his thoughts with a frown. However, his tone wasn’t entirely negative. “But if I had a little... just a little bit more confidence in myself... I think I’d be able to consider things positively then.”
He expressed his thoughts regarding marriage with a faint smile. He might have accomplished his revenge, but he wasn’t able to immediately switch over to the idea of marriage and happiness so easily. There was still a part of him that looked down on himself. But at the same time, he potentially felt a vague hopefulness too.

The problem with this paragraph is the interpretation that you people are giving it, first he rejects the idea of polygamy clearly and concisely, then comes the line that confuses you

"No, that's not what I meant... I' I'm just unable to think about love and marriage at this time.”

However, in this part of the text he refers to a monogamous marriage , why you ask? cuz he said AFTER stating he was not into having multiple women, then cristina and Rio started talking about a normal marriage, and then rio proceeds to think that with time he will be able to achieve the necessary confidence and positive thinking to 1 women, I would say that your interpretation of the text is extremely positive bordering on naivety.
Old 2023-03-08, 00:38   Link #4519
Roberto1

Quote:
Once again, you talk so confidently, I think everyone has the right to dunk on you so hard once Rio himself in his own words says that he thinks it may be insincere of him but he'd rather not lie to himself, that he romantically loves them all and asks the girls to give him a chance at proving that a harem can work.
It's not going to happen bro, before he says something like that, the pigs will fly, Reis will be a good villain and I will become a millionaire, Just start rereading RIO monologues, it's easier for that guy to get killed before he says that

I am confident because I know the way this author yuri likes to throw bait, I also knew that date a live and Yuragi-sou no Yuuna were not going to end up in a harem, believe me, I have a nose for this type of authors, they sell pure smoke and they like to throw bait to his readers

Quote:
Heck where in the past 23 vols did you get the impression that Rio if he fell for all the girls would say "I love them all but I'll give up right now." If anything Rio has shown that he can be:
- real flexible and tolerant from his interactions with people, unless the other side tries violence first to which he answers with the necessary amount of violence. He's humble by nature and doesn't tell people what to do.
- unhinged and free as shown when he looked for Lucius and fought him to the death, in the process of which he broke into the Proxia castle and duked it out with the emperor with no cares in the world. Or when he kidnapped Celia, etc...

He's basically a chilling dude capable of sick stuff, but doesn't care to stick his nose in anything as long as the people he loves are safe and sound. A typical harem protagonist would spend a Goku vs Frieza worth of chapters beating around the bush before taking action then he would be having a monologue about how he might get executed if he seriously injured the heroes they worship in a battle, or how his nerves can't bear to fight an emperor or a princess or talk back to a prince without a care, scared of their political power. Meanwhile we got Rio here dishing out true social hierarchal equality to whoever asked for it and people still think this guy is a wimp cuz he didn't run to confess to over ten girls, bloodied coat and all , the moment he killed his nemesis, using childish terms like beta or whatever to describe him.

If anything he's the type to think it through thoroughly before arriving to a conclusion, and while I do agree with you that Rio pre-vol 10, Rio pre-vol 14-6 would all have rejected the notion of harem after serious thought even if confessed to by the girls, that is not because he is against a harem, it is because he is against a relationship altogether, believing someone like him can not make them happy. Furthermore, the setting in which Rio opposed a harem was "am I also obliged from a noble society pov, to practice polygamy?" Besides, the girls have had a really grand influence on his way o thinking, coupled with him being unhinged and flexible (how I see him), it is very much possible that his brain reaches the harem following his heart. As for his feeling, in vol 16 Rio couldn't tell Celia that it's better for her to get married, thinking to himself that the him before killing Lucius could have easily said it, that's a flag/hint for Celia romance. Then at the end of the same vol he said to Miharu that he tried to do it but couldn't let go of either the part of him as Haruto or the existence of Mii-chan for Haruto, there you go Miharu romantic flag/hint. Now if those two are in, that's the gates of harem opening up, any other girl becomes a matter of development.
i don't understand why you wrote all this, we are talking about why rio is not capable of having a harem and you write all that to me, you write all that making rio sound like a cool guy and bad ass guy, but sorry but that's not true either, rio is not even close to be cool, he really is a complete retard, you omitted all his stupid/coward things he has done.

(Sparing the life of Reis about 5 times, sparing the life of the 3 who accompanied Lucius about 6 times, sparing the life of Duran, sparing the life of Proxia, sparing the life of Charles, etc.)

I could write paragraphs and paragraphs about his stupid mistakes and the times he behaved like a coward, unfortunately my bedtime is coming up, I'm already 20 years old you know, I can't resist sleeping as much as before

Quote:
Remember that his mems as Ryuou still haven't returned yet, we don't know what effects that personality with an eternity of life experience will have on him. It may change some parts of him and it may make him finally accept himself as all three personalities, cuz lets be honest, the whole Rio is not Haruto schtick Rio is going with is just him gaslighting himself. Lina may be a different case but this guy just stayed the same and kept dying and reviving, while losing memories the first time, losing memories doesn't make you a different individual, and since he kept reviving either way, one might argue that dying was the same as sleeping to him, sleeping too doesn't make him a different individual.
It's true, his memories are still incomplete, however those floating memories are not going to trigger a change in his personality as you expect, and the proof of that was in Sora's first appearance, in which she mentions that despite having another body he remains the same as before (the same herbivore,pacifist who doesn't have what it takes, he has been fighting against his cowardice for 22 volumes, in my opinion he already lost that battle)
Old 2023-03-08, 01:31   Link #4520
Marco
A lazy reader.

Quote:
words are not absolute yes, i agree, the problem is that actions are, and Rio actions and thoughts are the antithesis of MC who ends up with a harem, he simply doesn't have what it takes to have multiple women with him, And not only do I notice it, all the girls around him know it, that's why Charlotte's small meeting failed, and they all concluded that his style was not polygamy.
What is that characteristic you seek in Rio?
What kind of person does he need to represent to opt for a harem?

While you give your opinion on this, let me elaborate on what I think that characteristic is. As we're discussing a Japanese story, and having read a fair share of harem works (to the point I just want a healthy romance), I can tell it is immaturity and a lack of self-steem, and in a comical, broader and less serious sense: a sexual approach, i.e., ecchi.
Then I have to repeat what Jagt has already said: Christina was not wrong to assume Rio only wants a single wife, neither was Charlotte in taking that direction in her little experiment, which provoked the obvious reaction in the girls.
Rio is a likable, quiet man. But Yuri has properly developed many more aspects of his character. One of those is his determination to do things when push comes to shove. I'll give an example below.

Quote:
It's funny that you put those dialogues between Rio and Celia, precisely in that volume, in my opinion, if there were to be any development between those 2, that was the moment, but when Celia said that line "you don't have to take responsibility about me not being able to marry as a noble"
The problem was that Rio didn't even think for a second about taking responsibility FOR HIMSELF, the idea didn't even come to his mind, which is very sad for celia really, the bastard even suggested celia looking for another guy HAHAHAHAAH
Quote:
“Then it’s decided. If you’re worried about my marriageable years, then don’t. I told you back in the academy, I don’t intend on getting married anytime soon.”
Rio opened his mouth to say something like “you’re better off getting married,” or “you may not be able to marry for a while because of this,” but he couldn’t say anything. The words he would have perhaps uttered if he had still yet to accomplish his vengeance on Lucius didn’t come out. However, he didn’t know the reason why.

And so, that’s why... It’s not like I want you to take responsibility for it or anything, okay? Y-You don’t have to worry about it if other people think I’m your fiancée! Oh, but you might be worried about yourself, huh?! Celia’s face grew redder and redder, her words becoming more incoherent.
Please calm down, Rio called out to her with a wry smile.
R-Right...
I know we just left the fortress, but let’s go back to Princess Christina and tell her you’ve officially accepted the assistant role.
Okay... Celia replied hesitantly.
You just lied.
Here we have to understand that we may not be seeing words, something explicit, but there is something behind, a meaning in these interactions.

Quote:
It doesn't really matter what Celia wants, Rio isn't cut off to have more than one woman, and I know what you're going to say, "he can change" but the truth is that's impossible, we're already in vol 22 at least more than half the whole novel for sure.l, rio would need such an abrupt and radical personality change that it would be simply unnatural, people can change yes, but the change that he occupies is so radical that it can no longer happen, time has already run out.
Now let's go back to the topic of progress.
23 volumes, out of which 20 transpired in lapse of time of more or less a single year.
And in that year, we started with Rio finding his determination to push through with his vengeance, to him fulfilling it with barely anytime to think about his future with all the events going on around him.
That's why I have to ask again: what is it you are expecting of him?
I believe Yuri is also going out of his way to call us out on that. He has, two or three times, said (inside the novel): people change, but not immediately.

Quote:
and he will address their feelings, i agree on that, just not in the way you expect (i dont get why you bring sayo though, she is already rejected) the same fate awaits charlotte and latifa, i dont undertand how you concluded they got the sligtest chance
I'll give the example I mentioned above.
When Celia quentioned him whether he was willing to take her away and build a life with her, he said "if that's what you want, I'll do it".
I expect you might say that he was just bluffing, but those who are properly reading the novel will agree that this is not the only time Rio has shown his determination and how flexible he can be with those he cherishes.

Quote:
The problem with this paragraph is the interpretation that you people are giving it, first he rejects the idea of polygamy clearly and concisely, then comes the line that confuses you

"No, that's not what I meant... I' I'm just unable to think about love and marriage at this time.”

However, in this part of the text he refers to a monogamous marriage , why you ask? cuz he said AFTER stating he was not into having multiple women, then cristina and Rio started talking about a normal marriage, and then rio proceeds to think that with time he will be able to achieve the necessary confidence and positive thinking to 1 women, I would say that your interpretation of the text is extremely positive bordering on naivety.
Christina assumes correctly that Rio is unenthusiastic about having multiple wives, but she doesn't know why and questions him whether it's because he wants to love one woman, and he answers precisely to that "I'm just unable to think about love and marriage at this time". That is to say: he doesn't state that he's against polygamy because wants to love a single girl, but because he's not ready and wants to change in order to cross that bridge when he has to.
In addition to that, and this is just as important, as he's talking with Christina about the ways of nobility, his stance rejects not the idea of polygamy per se, but what it implies as a noble, i.e., political marriages.

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai