AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2023-07-23, 02:51   Link #4621
jagt

Wiki updated. Reis, now Fenris, is looking more and more like a demon who had the luck of surviving to tell the tale after meeting the dragon king to me.
Old 2023-07-24, 19:23   Link #4622
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihoperorin View Post
I feel like I've said too much so I don't want to continue attacking the novel but, here goes nothing.

Ok, let's assume that Celia is a descendant of Lina's familiar (it was just Reiss speculation iirc), the rules state that "When you become a familiar, everyone forgets you." Everyone includes family, it's not a sharingan that they can take out of an Uchiha's eyes and plant in another's. I have nothing against what you said, but surely we both know it's all assumptions. Ofc, you're probably right on your assumptions, but they are still assumptions for now.

Now on Lina, We don't know what her plan is, aside from the part where she sends Rio on a goose chase, did she intend to have him break the rules? We don' know. We have no idea what she planned on having Rio do, Rio himself has no idea. inb4, Lina herself has no idea lol. Would be comedy gold if Celia breaks the rules tho. Dragon king, 6 wise, great spirits, demi gods and all have been shackled to the supreme rules and trying to circumvent them forever, and then in came the genius sorceress of Beltram, the alumni of Bletram's royal academy; Celia Claire, breaking the rules, in two weeks or something. Ig she's a pro speed runner.

As for L tho, I can't see her giving Rio any info; she is probably a wise god or a familiar of one who went to talk with Rio to ascertain whether he is the same dragon king she apparently knows, ain't no way she'll offer him any info. Tho, now that you brought it up, how come Rio and Sora don't find it suspicious that L just up and talked to them, and right after they left the dungeon at that? Last vol Rio needed to call out to the receptionist while he was standing in front of her for her to recognize him, I guess he's having a momentarily bout of stupidity or memory loss, whatever suits Kitayama, either that or I'm having that bout and forgot some of the rules' mechanisms.

Anyway, I'll stop here as I really dissed the story enough, a bit too pessimistic even for my taste, hope I didn't ruin the fun for anyone. Altho, a bit too late for that.
About Celia not being forgotten: It's not like Celia herself became Lina's familiar; all that happened was she awakened her ancestor's powers through a sort of atavism. She herself isn't the Homunculus Familiar; she's a descendant of that Familiar.

It was what Reiss/Fenris thought, yes, but it hasn't been completely debunked in the novels yet and Celia's awakening seems to be backing it up. She also heard that voice right before receiving all that knowledge. Plus, the heightened processing power and increased wisdom are characteristics of the Wise Gods, and we know that Familiars gain the characteristics of their Transcendent masters.

@Jagt: Thanks for the work on the preview and the new drama CD. If Reiss really is a demon, I wonder if he and Nidoll are the demon version of Transcendentals with Eru being a familiar of one of them.

I also agree with Zan (his latest post).
Old 2023-07-25, 12:24   Link #4623
Roberto1

this is rubbish, so finally and after enduring reis for 20 volumes we know his real name, "Fenris", that name clearly inspired by fenrir the god slayer in norse mythology, such a name is too much for trash like reis,

the imbecile author should have saved that name for a real villain, one who is worthy of that epic name, reis is just insignificant trash, even the villains of the powerpuff girls (a show for 8 year olds) are better villains than reis.

I have already said it many times, one of the main problems of this series is reis, kitayama can't expect reis to be respected as a villain after having introduced him in vol 1 and never having given him the respect of a main antagonist, reis is supposed to be the biggest threat that rio has faced in his entire journey yet he is so pathetic that I am ashamed of the guy, Reis is WEAK, DUMB, COWARDLY, LOSER and nothing works out for him ever, and now kitiyama wants introduce a DWARF as his "assistant/sister/right hand"?

ARE WE AS READERS SUPPOSED TO HAVE RESPECT FOR THEM AS VILLAINS?

WE ARE SUPPOSED TO THINK "WOW, REIS THE CRACKHEAD AND HIS SISTER THE IMP, WHAT TERRIBLE ENEMIES"

ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO COMMAND RESPECT/FEAR?

EVEN HIS DESIGNS ARE PATHETIC, REIS HAS ALWAYS LOOKED LIKE A FUCKING CRACKHEAD AND THE OTHER IS A DWARF

these 2 rubbish instead of inspiring respect or fear, they make me sad and angry at how pathetic they are

Those 2 are useless garbage, they don't fulfill the function of villains, the only solution is to kill them and introduce a VILLAIN THAT IS WORTH IT, but after 20 volumes it is clear that writing a good villain is outside of kitiyama's capabilities

Kitayama is such a mediocre and talentless writer that it impresses me how his rubbish novel has gone so far, even calling this crap a "novel" is an insult to other novels, I already said it and I'll say it again, this novel is afloat only because Riv does a majestic job with the illustrations of the girls, the girls are the ones that keep this garbage afloat, the readers are only here for the girls and no one can deny it

Last edited by Roberto1; 2023-07-25 at 12:44.
Roberto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-26, 14:07   Link #4624
Collbrande-Ex

I am new haven't even read all the summaries yet.

So just some thoughts, though none of these would be possible or I am not even sure would qualify as good writing for the story of Seirei Gensouki.

The new girl is a partial manifestation of the great fire spirit that wants to twist Takahisa towards following her wishes maybe through trying to change her into the object of his obsession. She is going in the roundabout way because if Takahisa is consumed and dies she will end up back at start position.

Her actions could follow:

a) Her objective would obviously be the end of the enslavement system however before that she wants revenge against Lina and set her sites on Miharu, Finally culminating in a battle between Aisha and Takahisa however due to some unforseen circumstance the tides turn against the girls, Aisha and Miharu end up fusing into Lina temporarily killing Takahisa. Post battle after Miharu and Aisha separate parts of Miharu's hair have changed colour.

b) She instead focuses on ending the system, Takahisa vanishes in pursuit of this goal killing anyone that hinders it. Miharu, Masato, Aki and Satsuki come to the realization that Takahisa is beyond redemption or saving and have to come to terms with the reality that Takahisa will have to die. Eventually culminating in a battle between anyone other than Rio where Takahisa is killed by said person.

Toss in a battle between Satsuki and Takahisa solo at some point with the spirit of fire attacking Satsuki about using them as mere tools never thinking about the spirits situation, even toss in that they in some way suffer every time they use their divine weapons. Can't imagine how Satsuki will deal with that one doubt the other heroes would really even care.

On Rio's side we have everything of prologue and first part.

Elle shortly after their meeting tempts Rio with a possible way to the 12th level.

However:

a) with the chaos of Takahisa's descent into madness and no hope of saving Rio sends Sora to the mansion to protect the girls because though Aisha is strong she is but a single individual and there are a lot of girls.

b) Reis/Fenris attacks with the golems targeting Aisha, Celia and Christina with the attack on Christina serving the purpose of drawing Galarc's attention from the others, following a similar path as a) Sora returns to protect Christina by Rio's request.

The reason Rio doesn't return is because of the bait offered by Elle clouding his judgement. The volume ends with Sora returning to the girls and Rio entering the dungeon solo. The why he wasn't suspicious of her could be something like a feeling of desperation to escape God's rules.

Oh also

- Reis/Fenris is a demon god/familiar.
- Elle is a wise god that has taken up residency in the human world trying to overturn the rules and the labyrinth is an experiment to achieve that end, Lina however caused some mischief to her experiment to hide whatever this secret is.

Why they are working together can remain a mystery for a bit.

You could even end with Elle saying something like "Lina's greatest gift wasn't foresight it was the ability to treat everything as a game, what makes it worse she always wins", giving us a titbit of a portion of Lina's personality.

This is also the reason for both wise gods and demons inaction because they have become so paranoid that they could end up being merely pieces in Lina's game(plan) they hinder themselves trying to make perfect plans that can escape becoming a part of Lina's plans

Last edited by Collbrande-Ex; 2023-07-26 at 18:00. Reason: Changed ending of sentence from mischief to plans
Collbrande-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-26, 15:45   Link #4625
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Lina was also trying to find a way to break the rules, plus she and the original Dragon King loved each other which is proven by their reincarnations being in love too. Why would she cause mischief?
Old 2023-07-26, 17:18   Link #4626
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collbrande-Ex View Post
I am new haven't even read all the summaries yet.

So just some thoughts, though none of these would be possible or I am not even sure would qualify as good writing for the story of Seirei Gensouki.

The new girl is a partial manifestation of the great fire spirit that wants to twist Takahisa towards following her wishes maybe through trying to change her into the object of his obsession. She is going in the roundabout way because if Takahisa is consumed and dies she will end up back at start position.

Her actions could follow:

a) Her objective would obviously be the end of the enslavement system however before that she wants revenge against Lina and set her sites on Miharu, Finally culminating in a battle between Aisha and Takahisa however due to some unforseen circumstance the tides turn against the girls, Aisha and Miharu end up fusing into Lina temporarily killing Takahisa. Post battle after Miharu and Aisha separate parts of Miharu's hair have changed colour.

b) She instead focuses on ending the system, Takahisa vanishes in pursuit of this goal killing anyone that hinders it. Miharu, Masato, Aki and Satsuki come to the realization that Takahisa is beyond redemption or saving and have to come to terms with the reality that Takahisa will have to die. Eventually culminating in a battle between anyone other than Rio where Takahisa is killed by said person.

Toss in a battle between Satsuki and Takahisa solo at some point with the spirit of fire attacking Satsuki about using them as mere tools never thinking about the spirits situation, even toss in that they in some way suffer every time they use their divine weapons. Can't imagine how Satsuki will deal with that one doubt the other heroes would really even care.

On Rio's side we have everything of prologue and first part.

Elle shortly after their meeting tempts Rio with a possible way to the 12th level.

However:

a) with the chaos of Takahisa's descent into madness and no hope of saving Rio sends Sora to the mansion to protect the girls because though Aisha is strong she is but a single individual and there are a lot of girls.

b) Reis/Fenris attacks with the golems targeting Aisha, Celia and Christina with the attack on Christina serving the purpose of drawing Galarc's attention from the others, following a similar path as a) Sora returns to protect Christina by Rio's request.

The reason Rio doesn't return is because of the bait offered by Elle clouding his judgement. The volume ends with Sora returning to the girls and Rio entering the dungeon solo. The why he wasn't suspicious of her could be something like a feeling of desperation to escape God's rules.

Oh also

- Reis/Fenris is a demon god/familiar.
- Elle is a wise god that has taken up residency in the human world trying to overturn the rules and the labyrinth is an experiment to achieve that end, Lina however caused some mischief to her experiment to hide whatever this secret is.

Why they are working together can remain a mystery for a bit.

You could even end with Elle saying something like "Lina's greatest gift wasn't foresight it was the ability to treat everything as a game, what makes it worse she always wins", giving us a titbit of a portion of Lina's personality.

This is also the reason for both wise gods and demons inaction because they have become so paranoid that they could end up being merely pieces in Lina's game(plan) they hinder themselves trying to make perfect plans that can escape becoming a part of Lina's mischief.
You know it's the golden age of hypotheses, so why not, but Takahisa dying is unlikely, the spirit having that much freedom is also unlikely also on the point of the heroes using the spirits' powers like they own the damn thing, I believe it sorta probably goes both ways.

Because when you think about it, it makes sense if the only reason the wise gods could seal the great spirits is that the great spirits gave them their consent, as in they willingly got themselves sealed, and the only way for that to happen is if the six wise told the great spirits that they are going to prepare human sacrifices for them to circumvent the rules and fight properly.

So if my assumption holds true, then the six great spirits possessed a bunch of kidnapped children willingly, fully knowing the children would die soon from the great spirits' powers, the great earth spirit even called Erica a puppet and that this wasn't her fight, so maybe I'm on to something. And if so then it goes both ways, the great spirits threw kidnapped children (first gen heroes) under the bus and possessed them and the unknowing children (first and current gen heroes) used the powers like they are entitled to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Lina was also trying to find a way to break the rules, plus she and the original Dragon King loved each other which is proven by their reincarnations being in love too. Why would she cause mischief?
I hate to say it again, but bro, implicit is false until explicitly stated as true.
hihoperorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-27, 00:46   Link #4627
ivaannom
性欲の権化

Welp 2 colored illustrations from Takahisa's side(this one and another with the girl. Oh and also the cover) and 1 with Eru's side. I guess that's it

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Edit: The preview is out, you can check the illustrations and index there

https://viewer-trial.bookwalker.jp/0...45637b9f&cty=0
Old 2023-07-27, 01:07   Link #4628
Xan2341

We knew it was coming, but its looking like Vol 24 is mirroring volume 23 in its focus on characters. Rio's part seems to fade after chapter 1. Celia's part is most likely chapter 2, then Takahisa takes the volume the rest of the way. I take it, vol 25 will also have Takahisa again, unless he slips away after becoming a villain here.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-27, 12:21   Link #4629
jagt

Toc:

Prologue

Chapter 1: At the holy city Tonerico

Chapter 2: Return.

Chapter 3: At the world that extends outside the castle.

Chapter 4: Search.

Chapter 5: Already too late.

Chapter 6: The darkness’ holy fire.

Epilogue
Old 2023-07-27, 13:08   Link #4630
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
Wiki updated. Reis, now Fenris, is looking more and more like a demon who had the luck of surviving to tell the tale after meeting the dragon king to me.
Thanks for the translations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaannom View Post
Welp 2 colored illustrations from Takahisa's side(this one and another with the girl. Oh and also the cover) and 1 with Eru's side. I guess that's it

Images

Thanks for the updates

Quote:
Toc:

Prologue

Chapter 6: The darkness’ holy fire.

Epilogue

The chapter composition aside, seeing that illustration makes me think that Riv and Kitayama like Takahisa quite a lot, I wonder if Kitayama intends to have him be a recurring phenomenon, you know sorta like Reiss.

But I'm somewhat hopeful from seeing the chapters. On one side, it seems like the climax that Kitayama was talking about will be completely focused on Takahisa, I wouldn't be surprised if Rio wasn't even mentioned in vol 25. On the other hand tho, if the chapters are anything to go by, vol 24 will be fast paced and might be alternating between mansion girls search side and Takahisa side until finally merging the two sides. Whatever the case, fast paced is good.

Last edited by hihoperorin; 2023-07-27 at 14:30.
Old 2023-07-27, 15:03   Link #4631
Collbrande-Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaannom View Post

Images

A beautiful character design wasted on Takahisa. Thankfully Kitayama most likely has forgotten about the existence of Gigi from the beginning so we don't have something like Takahisa meeting Gigi's little sister or niece.

Quote:
Toc:

Prologue

Chapter 6: The darknessÂ’ holy fire.

Epilogue
So Rio appears for a chapter.

Now I am pretty sure Elle is a wise god
Reis is either as jagt said a demon or another wise god.

Their objective might be to repeat their first mistake again thinking they found a way to avoid a repeat or they plan on opening another gate and releasing a flood of demons on the world.

Then I guess we jump to Celia's return.

No clue why you would search for Takahisa even if he is a hero he is useless.

Then the rest is Takahisa ending with black flame Takahisa. I am guessing he reaches Erika level assimilation but instead of the fire spirit trying to control him or use him he takes full control of the fire spirit's power and corrupts it with his "darkness". Hoping this results in him vanishing for a couple books his Miharu creepiness is annoying.

My question is if he reaches a certain point of assimilation will he magically remember Rio?
Collbrande-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-27, 15:32   Link #4632
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
You know it's the golden age of hypotheses, so why not, but Takahisa dying is unlikely, the spirit having that much freedom is also unlikely also on the point of the heroes using the spirits' powers like they own the damn thing, I believe it sorta probably goes both ways.

Because when you think about it, it makes sense if the only reason the wise gods could seal the great spirits is that the great spirits gave them their consent, as in they willingly got themselves sealed, and the only way for that to happen is if the six wise told the great spirits that they are going to prepare human sacrifices for them to circumvent the rules and fight properly.

So if my assumption holds true, then the six great spirits possessed a bunch of kidnapped children willingly, fully knowing the children would die soon from the great spirits' powers, the great earth spirit even called Erica a puppet and that this wasn't her fight, so maybe I'm on to something. And if so then it goes both ways, the great spirits threw kidnapped children (first gen heroes) under the bus and possessed them and the unknowing children (first and current gen heroes) used the powers like they are entitled to them.
The Great Spirits were betrayed. That's what's been stated. So, I don't think they agreed to being sealed--because the sealing is probably part of the betrayal. Erica was already a puppet so in that regard, the Great Spirit of Earth wasn't exactly wrong. But that doesn't have to mean what you're suggesting.

Quote:
I hate to say it again, but bro, implicit is false until explicitly stated as true.
If you're talking about Lina and the Dragon King being in love, then what you said doesn't always hold true. At least in this case, it doesn't because of reincarnation. In stories with reincarnation, the feelings of love carry over to the reincarnated person. So yes, Haruto and Miharu being in love tells us that Lina and the Dragon King were in love too. And if you notice, Rio also loves Miharu because Haruto loved her. It carries over.

What you're saying only holds true for whether a female character is a virgin or not: unless explicitly stated, assume she's a virgin. But this isn't about virginity.

Edit
@Collbrande-Ex: I believe Takahisa should remember Rio once he becomes a Transcendental, which he will when he assimilates more with the Great Spirit inside his weapon. That's also how Rio and Aishia transcended.
Old 2023-07-27, 16:50   Link #4633
hihoperorin

Quote:
The Great Spirits were betrayed. That's what's been stated. So, I don't think they agreed to being sealed--because the sealing is probably part of the betrayal. Erica was already a puppet so in that regard, the Great Spirit of Earth wasn't exactly wrong. But that doesn't have to mean what you're suggesting.
Sure, I already said I was just hypothesizing, so no it doesn't hold true, it's just a wild idea, nonetheless, I didn't mean they agreed to being sealed, I meant the great spirits agreed to fusing with mortal/human vessels as a way to circumvent the rules, then when they did fuse the fusion turned out to include a seal and an enslavement.

Quote:
If you're talking about Lina and the Dragon King being in love, then what you said doesn't always hold true. At least in this case, it doesn't because of reincarnation. In stories with reincarnation, the feelings of love carry over to the reincarnated person. So yes, Haruto and Miharu being in love tells us that Lina and the Dragon King were in love too. And if you notice, Rio also loves Miharu because Haruto loved her. It carries over.

What you're saying only holds true for whether a female character is a virgin or not: unless explicitly stated, assume she's a virgin. But this isn't about virginity.
I smell copium but, who am I to judge man, either way who cares about side characters like Rio and chess grandmaster Lina Karpov when we're getting a Takahisa montage.
Old 2023-07-28, 05:30   Link #4634
ivaannom
性欲の権化

Eru proposes to Rio

Images
Old 2023-07-28, 05:48   Link #4635
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So cute.....man, why does she have to be an enemy (if she is)?

He should reject her, though, since he already has Miharu and the others--he just needs to somehow get them to remember him. And she's a loli which is already out for me.
Old 2023-07-28, 05:53   Link #4636
ivaannom
性欲の権化

Quote:

He should reject her, though, since he already has Miharu and the others--he just needs to somehow get them to remember him. And she's a loli which is already out for me.
It's most likely just a joke, she liked his food not him so the propose is a joke
Old 2023-07-28, 08:34   Link #4637
hihoperorin

But how did going to a restaurant end in Rio cooking for her?

Quote:

Out of curiosity, what do you think of Celia, Alma, Latifa and Charlotte being in the harem?
Old 2023-07-28, 08:50   Link #4638
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Celia is too good to pass up, but the rest of them I have to put up with.
Old 2023-07-28, 12:04   Link #4639
Xan2341

Quote:
But how did going to a restaurant end in Rio cooking for her?

Out of curiosity, what do you think of Celia, Alma, Latifa and Charlotte being in the harem?
She is probably an airhead when it comes to the outside world. In the preview I raised an eyebrow when she told Rio and Sora, she hasn't ventured out in awhile, but there is a good restaurant nearby. I assume this place existed hundreds of years ago and she will find it either is gone or that part of the city has completely changed. She'll probably be unable to counter too which leaves Rio to suggest an alternative.

To your other point, you need Charlotte in the harem if it is ever going to happen. She has been laying down plans left and right with the girls, just waiting on Rio to be open to the idea.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-28, 12:36   Link #4640
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan2341 View Post
She is probably an airhead when it comes to the outside world. In the preview I raised an eyebrow when she told Rio and Sora, she hasn't ventured out in awhile, but there is a good restaurant nearby. I assume this place existed hundreds of years ago and she will find it either is gone or that part of the city has completely changed. She'll probably be unable to counter too which leaves Rio to suggest an alternative.
Nice detail you caught there, indeed that would make total sense.

Quote:
To your other point, you need Charlotte in the harem if it is ever going to happen. She has been laying down plans left and right with the girls, just waiting on Rio to be open to the idea.
I just don't get why people hate on any of the girls, perhaps some fans project the heroines on Rio and dislike them if they see them to be too different from him or unworthy of him, who knows. Either way Miharu, Latifa and Charlotte (the ones that get bashed the most,) are fine the way they are, I personally feel they don't need to be saints (Charlotte), pull a one man army (Miharu) or act reserved around their older brother (Latifa).

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai