AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-29, 14:38   Link #101
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-29, 15:44   Link #102
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Applehell; 2023-07-29 at 16:45.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-29, 17:44   Link #103
Strahan

Well, this episode answered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Andrews thinks he can take on Nanao and Oliver? Together? Does he have a death wish ?
It's not that he thinks he can win, the wimp just never intended to fight them in the first place lol.

I was rooting for the Garuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

It's annoying having to use spoiler tags to talk about a current episode. It should be assumed that if you click a show's thread, you may see spoilers up to the latest aired episode. If you come here and aren't up to date, that's your own dumb fault heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-29, 23:32   Link #104
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Well, this episode answered

It's not that he thinks he can win, the wimp just never intended to fight them in the first place lol.

I was rooting for the Garuda

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's annoying having to use spoiler tags to talk about a current episode. It should be assumed that if you click a show's thread, you may see spoilers up to the latest aired episode. If you come here and aren't up to date, that's your own dumb fault heh.
I just did it cause the other poster did.

No what I mean is that he remorse creating the situation that lead to Garuda's rampage which endangered the safety of the students, but was too terrified to do anything about until he saw how hard out two protagonists were fighting face the reason why their were different from him.

The fact he landed one hit irrelevant, the point is that he eventually worked up to courage deal with situation and put aside his own insecurities and realized that Oliver & Nanao weren't trying to belittle or they thought they were better him. They also aren't showing off like him to earn praise or pride either. This more can be said for the other first years students who bullying Katie or throwing bottles at Nanao for criticizing their bloodsport or treatment of demi-humans which he never did. This also not only end up saving their lives but helped Oliver's plan to tear the Garuda's magical defenses (the wind spirits) so Nanao could deal the killing blow. Oliver had expected him to have runaway and leave all responsibility of cleaning up the mess to Oliver's group.

Like I said the kobold hunt was obvious tasteless but was more of means to end for Rick and rather something he did for pleasure. The wider mage society is more to blame for normalizing that kind of thing, which feeds to Katie point about mages often seeing lesser sentiment creatures as resources for their own gain rather being with their culture. Its also to blame for him having such a chip on his shoulders to begin with. He and Chela became estranged entirely due pressures of his family demanding him to be the best in everything. Oliver understands this after last episode which why he wasn't trying treat him like bully.

Last edited by Applehell; 2023-07-30 at 02:03.
Old 2023-07-30, 01:25   Link #105
magnuskn

Quote:
Nobody is making you do this, I have no idea why Applehell did so, either. ^^
Old 2023-07-30, 08:13   Link #106
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
This show is definitely in the Harry Potter tradition of their magical society being barbaric in the extreme in some of its aspects.
Can you please elaborate on this? What was barbaric about the magical society in Harry Potter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
Even in the most dangerous school activities in Hogwarts, like the Tri-Wizard tournament, you had teachers working round the clock in the background (in tandem with the magical government) setting up precautions and safety charms to keep students as safe as possible, they also went around at night throughout the castle and the grounds doing rounds to make sure students were not outside during curfew and/or there were no intruders trying to harm them.

The asshole teachers were the exception, not the rule... also most of them were the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers and got some sort of bad outcome
Spoiler for just in case:
Heck, the one time Harry fought against Malfoy and almost killed him Snape, of all people, was there to save him and do his job as a teacher, it felt like an actual school with actual teachers/guardians, as opposed to what we have here where the teachers might as well not exist.
Old 2023-07-30, 11:58   Link #107
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Can you please elaborate on this? What was barbaric about the magical society in Harry Potter?

Even in the most dangerous school activities in Hogwarts, like the Tri-Wizard tournament, you had teachers working round the clock in the background (in tandem with the magical government) setting up precautions and safety charms to keep students as safe as possible, they also went around at night throughout the castle and the grounds doing rounds to make sure students were not outside during curfew and/or there were no intruders trying to harm them.

The asshole teachers were the exception, not the rule... also most of them were the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers and got some sort of bad outcome
Spoiler for just in case:
Heck, the one time Harry fought against Malfoy and almost killed him Snape, of all people, was there to save him and do his job as a teacher, it felt like an actual school with actual teachers/guardians, as opposed to what we have here where the teachers might as well not exist.

Bruh, this episode just literally had kids sent to detention for a classroom brawl that broke the schools rules and that was literally most violent thing to occur on school grounds since the troll incident which is also currently under investigation by the faculty. You can't even duel on school grounds without being upperclassmen and having instructor present. Otherwise you have normal classes where kids spend they time learning which you see every episode. Garland also prevented two kids from nearly killing each other 2 episodes ago. Last the worst you get in lessons so far is small injuries like Katie's which can be fixed nearly instantly the next day. So I don't get how schools part isn't a valid because kids get trouble going to places they shouldn't. By that logic all magical schools should be disbanded. There is also only been on asshole teacher which you somehow extrapolated everyone else despite bmost of them being fairly normal outside some particular idiocracies.

Darius is the only one whose harmed anyone at any degree and is clearly written to be a strict and indifferent person.

The most dangerous part of Kimberly has constantly been the labyrinth and it has the bare minimum of security (As noted instructors and upperclassmen patrol only first floor for underclassmen) is by design. As type headmistress in episode said, the point hardened reliable mages, not merely educate them and students are given a degree freedom to develop self-reliance and problem solving. Its not like HP which branded being safe but actually constantly screwed up security measures by obvious holes or shear neglance and unlike Kimberly its danger areas aren't located in one place but randomly all over the school. KImberly doesn't hide its risks you know what you sign up for coming here because it well known elite school for its tough standards unlike Hogwatts where dangers more due to incompetenace because that school actually tries. Its like complaining about a male centric harem show having too many girls.

Last edited by Applehell; 2023-07-31 at 02:33.
Old 2023-07-30, 13:01   Link #108
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Oh, you know, the general treatment of various magical creatures, their justice system is basically getting put before a panel of powerful people and not having a trained lawyer at your side, old-school medieval racism galore and so on. If we add the Fantastic Creatures universe to this, summary execution on the whim of a corrupt policeman (who, despite turning out to be the main villain in disguise, ordered that execution through the regular wizarding system), as well as incredibly cruel prison sentences (i.e. getting fed to monsters).
Old 2023-07-30, 19:10   Link #109
Strahan

Quote:
The fact he landed one hit irrelevant, the point is that he eventually worked up to courage deal with situation and put aside his own insecurities and realized that Oliver & Nanao weren't trying to belittle or they thought they were better him. They also aren't showing off like him to earn praise or pride either. This more can be said for the other first years students who bullying Katie or throwing bottles at Nanao for criticizing their bloodsport or treatment of demi-humans which he never did. This also not only end up saving their lives but helped Oliver's plan to tear the Garuda's magical defenses (the wind spirits) so Nanao could deal the killing blow. Oliver had expected him to have runaway and leave all responsibility of cleaning up the mess to Oliver's group.
Yea, at least his character grew a lot in the episode. Hopefully he'll be less of a douche from now on

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Nobody is making you do this, I have no idea why Applehell did so, either. ^^
Like Applehell said, I too saw others doing it so I just assumed it was the rule. This forum seems pretty strick about spoilers, reading the rules it seems quite important to the mods. So I assume by your reply then talking about just aired is ok then? Good to know.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 00:27   Link #110
magnuskn

Quote:
Like Applehell said, I too saw others doing it so I just assumed it was the rule. This forum seems pretty strick about spoilers, reading the rules it seems quite important to the mods. So I assume by your reply then talking about just aired is ok then? Good to know.
Future spoilers, yeah, the mods are very strict about that. If a series has a light novel / manga, the mods will often delete spoilers and issue a warning to somebody blatantly spoiling stuff. If the episode has aired, you can post about it freely.
Old 2023-07-31, 02:28   Link #111
Applehell

Quote:
Yea, at least his character grew a lot in the episode. Hopefully he'll be less of a douche from now on
If nothing else i think can you also trust Chela's word that he's isn't really is that bad of a guy, his family forced him put an act for sake of its pride, but deep down he doesn't like it. The anime left out one line when she was talking about in him episode 3, which is that he used be different when he was younger, before Andrews Household start putting more responsibilities on him as its heir.
Old 2023-07-31, 04:45   Link #112
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 09:26.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 22:13   Link #113
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ah yes, exposed Nanao .
Old 2023-08-04, 12:01   Link #114
Frontier

I had totally forgotten Oliver had a Protector of sorts. Probably because she hasn't really done anything but talk to him, though not for lack of wanting to help him. Seems like she also knows about Oliver's backstory and what he's out to do ?

Katie got through to the troll! Yay! Finally a win for Katie !

Well, no surprise the school is basically not going to bother investigating what happened in the labyrinth. It was basically just underground student business and was resolved as such. But hey, Nanao is now in her popular phase so I guess that's a win ?

But Oliver contributed too! As the girls are happy to profess...and Chela knows the best way to reward a man is with a victory kiss. And Nanao is more than happy to kiss Oliver herself (own your man, Nanao!). Oh, and his sister/cousin is there too and is pretty close to Oliver. Will someone think of poor Katie and her obvious crush on Oliver? Though Nanao didn't get her kiss from Oliver either .

Potions class with Darius doing his best Snape impression! Good thing Oliver is there to make sure nobody gets themselves killed, blind, or blown up, even throwing himself on a cauldron grenade to protect Pete. And now he has Darius' attention .

Well, nice to see relations with Andrews are at a point where he can dole out helpful advice to Oliver about steering clear of Darius (though knowing he's the Snape, I'm expecting the rumors of what he does to students who have his eye might just be rumors). He even lead them to the girl who pranked Katie in the first episode and started all this mess. Chela definitely seems to appreciate Andrews' help .

It's sweet watching Oliver teaching Nanao how to use her magic, though their training session also leads Oliver to put two and two together and realize what really happened with the Troll .

I guess it wouldn't be an episode of this show without at least something bad happening to Katie. Getting kidnapped by the Senpai you admired because she wants to dissect your brain to find out why a Troll wants to talk to you (Katie's just a nice girl!!!) is pretty bad .

So Miligan is basically a Civil Rights extremist who experimented on Demi-Humans to give them the ability to talk so they would be seen as more human. I mean, intention-wise I can kind of see why you'd do that, but it's still basically experimenting on living creatures for a mad science experiment. And Miligan is pretty twisted herself seeing what she's willing to do to Katie. And that's before we find out her parents implanted a Basilisk's curse into her, at the cost of her other siblings. Pretty messed up family all around. Looks like it's Oliver and Nanao vs Snake-Eye Miligan .
Old 2023-08-04, 14:31   Link #115
magnuskn

Yeah, such overprotective parents. I guess just not for her fellow siblings.

Anyway, Oliver probably will have to show off now why he's obviously a cut above the other students (as shown again and again this episode). Well, except Nanao, I guess.
Old 2023-08-04, 15:39   Link #116
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So Miligan is basically a Civil Rights extremist who experimented on Demi-Humans to give them the ability to talk so they would be seen as more human. I mean, intention-wise I can kind of see why you'd do that, but it's still basically experimenting on living creatures for a mad science experiment. And Miligan is pretty twisted herself seeing what she's willing to do to Katie. And that's before we find out her parents implanted a Basilisk's curse into her, at the cost of her other siblings. Pretty messed up family all around. Looks like it's Oliver and Nanao vs Snake-Eye Miligan .
Its ironic isn't? Given that whole thing that is driving the rights movement is ethics, yet some extremists who forget that apply a mages ideology, which disregards that very thing to problem-solving. A talking troll with human intelligence might be a wondrous thing in a vacuum but only if you ignore the fact it was done against it will and treated like lab rat.
Old 2023-08-04, 20:56   Link #117
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not shocked this girl is so warped. Considering she was raised in a family where the parents actually kept moving that eye from one victim child to the next until one didn't die. I really don't think the value of a basilisk eye is exactly worth losing 5 children to. Yeah, that's a cool defensive weapon...but kind of defeating the purpose if you let it kill most of your children.

At the same time...this girl is still absolutely warped. She's looking all over for answers when the obvious answer is looking at her in the face. She tormented and messed with these creatures. Of course they don't have any interest in talking to her. Plus encouraging her by talking would lead to even more victims. Not that she's planning on stopping, but you can bet things would escalate if her acts were proven to work.

Poor Katie. Not sure if I feel worse about the kidnapping or her utterly doomed crush on Oliver . She's at least got a good chance of being rescued here. Even if it means facing that some people "on her side" aren't any better than the people hosting gladiator style hunts. Unfortunately she's got no hope when it comes to Oliver. Nanao is just way too dazzling. Hard to surpass that. She has the great quality of caring about other creatures and being a good person. But I don't think that will help her here.

Katie may have to settle for the pretty plausible ship with Guy.
Old 2023-08-04, 22:13   Link #118
Five_Overs

I was expecting the mastermind of the troll and garuda to be revealed this episode, but why does it have to be Milligan-senpai. :'-(
I thought she was going to be an ally of the protagonist's, but why did she turn out to be the villain. Damn it.
Old 2023-08-05, 11:54   Link #119
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_Overs View Post
I was expecting the mastermind of the troll and garuda to be revealed this episode, but why does it have to be Milligan-senpai. :'-(
I thought she was going to be an ally of the protagonist's, but why did she turn out to be the villain. Damn it.
She was made out to be pretty villainous in the OP. The only question is whether she could be brought around.

I'm actually enjoying this show. It strikes me as the most chuuni'est show ever while taking it absolutely seriously but it's still fun so far.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-11, 12:03   Link #120
Frontier

Oliver and Nanao vs Miligan! Oliver and Nanao make for a very effective tag-team, but not only do they have to worry about her Basilisk eye but the fact that Miligan is much more experienced and powerful than the both of them. But try they shall if they're to stop her and save Katie !

You can try and burn her alive or slice her with wind, Nanao will find a way to survive it or deflect it with her blade so naturally. Not bad for someone still inexperienced in magecraft .

Oh, of course she just happened to have another Basilisk eye on her hand...right when Nanao is about to strike her. But then Nanao does the most hardcore thing ever and CUTS THROUGH SPACE AND TIME TO SLICE MILIGAN'S HAND OFF!!! And it's a move so awesome that it turns out to be none other than a new Spellblade...the Seventh Spellblade !

Dang, Nanao was this close to finally getting her victory smooch before the student body showed up. I mean, points for showing up (thanks to Carste) but still .

Well, Katie's been through a lot. Her Senpai betrayed her, used her, and almost dissected her. She could so easily be depressed, but...thanks to the experiments the troll will survive, Oliver and Nanao saved her, and basically everything worked out, so why shouldn't she be happy and grateful? She's alive and well, well enough to steal a kiss from Oliver (and give one to Nanao in the interest of fairness), and now she can go to Miligan to her face how she feels and slap her for what she's put her through, and she's ready to do her best to change things for the better. And there's no better victory for Oliver than seeing that Katie's sincere kindness survived this intact .

Now Oliver gets roped into a teacher sidequest with Grenville, who turns out to have basically been behind everything. He helped Miligan with her experiments because he was planning to...cure stupidity. Yes, that's right. Which meant human experimentation at some point. Grenville's a real piece of work, which makes it all the easier for Oliver to reveal the REAL reason he's at this school .

So, yeah, turns out Oliver isn't at this school to learn magic, he's there on a revenge quest against the people who murdered his mother, Grenville included. I guess he takes after his father so much that no one's noticed the resemblance, because the cute blonde witch in the ED is none other than Oliver's mother and Grenville was part of the group that killed her. And she was the master of the Fourth Spellblade, which Oliver inherited and used against Grenville. It also seems like Oliver has the ability to choose the fate that aids him the most? Is that part of the Fourth Spellblade ?

Grenville tortured his mother, the least Oliver can do is make him experience that same torture until he asks for death, which Oliver is happy to oblige him. Well, that's one down...and six more to go .

Seems like Oliver is a lot more special than he let on, apparently he's leading this hidden faction with his siblings/cousins bent on taking down the murderers of his mother...which is none other than the rest of the faculty at Kimberly. And Oliver is planning to take them all down one-by-one. Through Nanao Oliver saw a path of the blade bathed in love, but he's still stuck on the path of vengeance. None moreso than to the biggest betrayer, Emmeralda, who stabbed his mother in the back .