AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-30, 12:20   Link #36221
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Edit: also that much for getting PHH Caster Morgan. Like why? We get two Losbelt versions of the same before getting one PHH one. oO
Especially given that there already is a caster version of the Losbelt Servant. Feels more like we got Vivian.
Actually, Vivian is another name for lostbelt Morgan. Reading her profile, this is Morgan after she was summoned to Chaldea, which you can tell because she's back being her old happy and optimistic self.

The new Summer event is written by Nasu himself, and perhaps not coincidentally, the title is Servant Fest 2023. The remaining 3 Summer servants are the Tam Lin, with Oberon also getting his Summer attire.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 15:37   Link #36222
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Each year they keep pushing the envelope for those memorial short movies.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 16:51   Link #36223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the NA news was Jalter and Raikou getting a banner on August 6th, a Melty Blood Type Lumina campaign, Seiba getting a rerun of her Melty Blood banner, Dantes getting his rank up early, Back to school campaign with Illya and Miyu finally getting their rank ups + a banner, and Summer 6 happening in August (most likely the final week).

I fully expected Jalter to get a banner for Samurai Remnant's release so I'm confused she's getting one now. Apparently they stated a couple weeks back they're going to nerf our Clairvoyance which is partly what started the whole "they're going to merge servers!!" panic but I guess what they'll be doing is putting original banners up more often. It just so happens Jalter is one of my remaining few targets from the current roster so I welcome it. Good thing I've been working on free quests.

As a side note, I wasn't aware "Aesc"'s name in Japan is Tonelico, but I get why they changed it. Obvious copyright problems. Were her eyes always blue? I didn't notice it during LB6. That's one way to tell her and Castoria apart.
Old 2023-07-30, 18:17   Link #36224
Rizare

The anniversary feels kinda... underwhelming? I understand it would be challenging if not impossible to top Arcueid, but we aren't receiving as many Quartz, no animation update unless they're lining them up with the strengthenings, no gameplay or gacha change beside extra bond for initial frontline servants.

As for Tonelico, kinda same ballpark as Skadi in that she looked like she was going to be a summer servant, but instead got released as the anniversary servant.

As for gacha experience, it was pretty bad. It took everything for Tonelico, got 3rd Ibuki from GSSR. Thankfully, since you can customize the destiny gacha, I got Okita but if not her, then it was someone new at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As a side note, I wasn't aware "Aesc"'s name in Japan is Tonelico, but I get why they changed it. Obvious copyright problems. Were her eyes always blue? I didn't notice it during LB6. That's one way to tell her and Castoria apart.
From what I heard, the localization is appropriate since Tonelico means ash tree and Aesc is thus a good match since it's the Old English for that.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 22:05   Link #36225
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

First time to get multiple SSRs in a GSSR. Just did the regular one with Koya, Kama and Okita Alter Swimsuit. My heart fell when Koya appeared first so now she's NP2. But then rainbow circle appeared and I finally got swimsuit Kama, with a bonus Gareth Saber that's now NP3(wish it could have been Okita for a triple SSR whammy). Really sweet. Though now that I think about it, I got both Kamas through GSSRs. She's pretty demanding to only be obtainable through paid quartz.
Still thinking if I should do the Destiny Order GSSR.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 04:49   Link #36226
MartianMage

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

SAlter can 6CE now.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 22:39   Link #36227
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
NeroFest is rolling!

An event like this really does let all the planning and rolling feel pretty satisfying. It's hilarious just letting Melusine run over absolutely everything. Crits for some enemies and just AOE wiping the map with others. This lotto will be pretty fun.

At this point I don't need a ton of resources so I'll be fairly casual with it. But no complaints about rolling through the same NP animation over and over when it's a satisfying NP to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizare View Post
The anniversary feels kinda... underwhelming? I understand it would be challenging if not impossible to top Arcueid, but we aren't receiving as many Quartz, no animation update unless they're lining them up with the strengthenings, no gameplay or gacha change beside extra bond for initial frontline servants.

As for Tonelico, kinda same ballpark as Skadi in that she looked like she was going to be a summer servant, but instead got released as the anniversary servant.

As for gacha experience, it was pretty bad. It took everything for Tonelico, got 3rd Ibuki from GSSR. Thankfully, since you can customize the destiny gacha, I got Okita but if not her, then it was someone new at least.

From what I heard, the localization is appropriate since Tonelico means ash tree and Aesc is thus a good match since it's the Old English for that.
Yeah, I get that feeling. Though I guess the lack of gameplay changes might be because they released various updates earlier in the year. Could have saved it for the anniversary, but maybe they felt pressed to get stuff out earlier. From what I can tell, definitely fewer quartz than JP got last year, although it seems like that amount was significantly higher than usual so maybe it's more of a return to the norm rather than making the previous year the standard. Though I don't blame people for wanting more quartz since...you always need more with this game.

Maybe they figure that "choose your own adventure" GSSR is enough . I agree it's not a crazy anniversary. The lack of animation updates hurts. They've really just plain given up on doing that at all it seems.

I'm good with the Aesc choice. Mostly since with that swimsuit version it really seems like they wanted to free up a slot for the Summer event. From the silhouettes it seems like they wanted to make sure to get as many LB6 characters into that event as possible.

Interesting info on the Aesc name business. It does seem to work. Though honestly I hadn't heard the Tonelico name (since I tired to avoid spoilers before it reached NA) so Aesc just seemed normal to me anyways.
Old 2023-08-01, 00:54   Link #36228
XFire
150% done

Quote:

We're in an intermission period right now, so presumably they're saving the real big stuff for next year. U-Olga is waiting in the wings to crash the servers and ruin the financial futures of the entire player base, and they still have a few other Type-MOON heroines they could release like Aoko or her sister to copy the Arc phenomenon. Or they could just release Shiki. Or Shirou but as himself instead of Archer or Muramasa.
Old 2023-08-01, 06:55   Link #36229
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Yep, it's a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
We're in an intermission period right now, so presumably they're saving the real big stuff for next year. U-Olga is waiting in the wings to crash the servers and ruin the financial futures of the entire player base, and they still have a few other Type-MOON heroines they could release like Aoko or her sister to copy the Arc phenomenon. Or they could just release Shiki. Or Shirou but as himself instead of Archer or Muramasa.
Shirou as himself would be weird. By the time he becomes good enough to accomplish great deeds he'd look just like Emiya. And wouldn't he have the same skillset? Emiya being summoned as a Caster would make more sense, I think. Maybe an alternate version who did manage to become a real hero.

They could release the Fate/Strange Fake servants too, perhaps when the anime starts airing. And soon there'll be the Samurai Remnant servants, though I have no clue how popular Saber will be. She seems a bit too similar to Artoria, but I guess that might actually contribute to her popularity.
Old 2023-08-01, 07:16   Link #36230
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Yep, it's a good one.

Shirou as himself would be weird. By the time he becomes good enough to accomplish great deeds he'd look just like Emiya. And wouldn't he have the same skillset? Emiya being summoned as a Caster would make more sense, I think. Maybe an alternate version who did manage to become a real hero.

They could release the Fate/Strange Fake servants too, perhaps when the anime starts airing. And soon there'll be the Samurai Remnant servants, though I have no clue how popular Saber will be. She seems a bit too similar to Artoria, but I guess that might actually contribute to her popularity.
There's the theoretical "Golden Path" Shirou who successfully manages to reach Avalon in Realta Nua, by becoming a real hero and surpassing Archer.
Old 2023-08-01, 12:06   Link #36231
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Actually, Vivian is another name for lostbelt Morgan. Reading her profile, this is Morgan after she was summoned to Chaldea, which you can tell because she's back being her old happy and optimistic self.

The new Summer event is written by Nasu himself, and perhaps not coincidentally, the title is Servant Fest 2023. The remaining 3 Summer servants are the Tam Lin, with Oberon also getting his Summer attire.
I know the point is that we still have no actual Morgan, and now got Berserker as a Caster. :/

Quote:

There is still a huge potential of historical figures like King Alfric, the rest of the Round Table Knights, Zerker Jack, actual jack, the rest of the Tamamos (We've already seen and heard Aria in a trailer now) PHH Morgan, William Wallace, William the Conqueror, La Hire.
Heck by the way they phrased one of DaVinci's sentences they could even give us PHH Coral and Aurora as a joke...I can actually see PHH Aurora having been genuinely nice and just withering away due to that.
MiniBB... I mean Murian.... Several Tsukihime characters and so on.

E: uhm since the event doesn't seem to tell... Why the heck did Brynhilde claim to be Mash?!

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2023-08-01 at 13:29.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 12:33   Link #36232
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I think if you want to do an actual Shirou an easy way is doing a Fate/Kaleid sequel event and just using Miyu-verse Shirou. Some good possible ascensions there, the movie showed some good NP options, and could think of a few good reactions to some of the servants already in Chaldea. The downsides of his situation wouldn't matter since it's FGO and he'll at least have enough power to hang with characters already allowed to be in the game anyways. Though I'm sure many would prefer one based from FSN itself.

Honestly the game isn't going to run out of options for servants anytime soon. All the more so with variants of ones already released being easy enough to come up with. Goodness knows they might run out of ideas...and actually do something with Heracles! Truly baffling that Berseker Heracles from FSN is one of the only ideas anyone has ever had for that famous mythological figure!

Lots of options for the future though.
Old 2023-08-01, 16:31   Link #36233
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly I think if you want to do an actual Shirou an easy way is doing a Fate/Kaleid sequel event and just using Miyu-verse Shirou. Some good possible ascensions there, the movie showed some good NP options, and could think of a few good reactions to some of the servants already in Chaldea. The downsides of his situation wouldn't matter since it's FGO and he'll at least have enough power to hang with characters already allowed to be in the game anyways. Though I'm sure many would prefer one based from FSN itself.

Honestly the game isn't going to run out of options for servants anytime soon. All the more so with variants of ones already released being easy enough to come up with. Goodness knows they might run out of ideas...and actually do something with Heracles! Truly baffling that Berseker Heracles from FSN is one of the only ideas anyone has ever had for that famous mythological figure!

Lots of options for the future though.
Heracles hasn't had anything besides Berserker because of Strange Fake. They (normally) try to leave Servants who are actively participating in another part of the franchise out of FGO, at least for their first outing.

Alcides is both Archer Herc and Avenger Herc and probably a bunch of other shit, so we probably won't get anything new for him till SF finishes it's novel run.
Old 2023-08-04, 00:27   Link #36234
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
According to an interview, Tezcatlipoca was given a much bigger role after Nasu researched about Latin America lore and found out how much Tez transcended human morality.
Old 2023-08-04, 11:10   Link #36235
grecefar

just ascended barghest to the last stage and... damn.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-04, 16:37   Link #36236
Homura7

Quote:
E: uhm since the event doesn't seem to tell... Why the heck did Brynhilde claim to be Mash?!
Because someone messed with her head. Who, you ask, the same culprit who did this. My apologies in advance for the nightmares this might give you when going to bed:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2023-08-05, 06:24   Link #36237
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Because someone messed with her head. Who, you ask, the same culprit who did this. My apologies in advance for the nightmares this might give you when going to bed:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Hmmm who likes to mess with people's heads and is good at illusion related magic...
Clearly: Merlin or Tamamo. Given that it's a Nero event, most likely the latter. Especially that Lancelot thing looks like a fox prank.

---

Heracles: Was a real pain. I hope Morgan learned her lesson and will stop demanding ton dismiss him

Scathach &Cu: If I had know that Cu gets instakill on everything I wouldnb't have concentrated on Scathachach. - Luckily still won with Discuri (Yeah they are they reason I wanted to remove Scathach )

Gil: I did somehow manage to defeat him with Melusine as main DD, but it feels like you are supposed to use Herc or Eresh here. In fact, I think Herc with double buster Mommy would have done great...
I also made a mistake there and used Kagetora instead of Scathach.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-05, 06:42   Link #36238
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Gil: I did somehow manage to defeat him with Melusine as main DD, but it feels like you are supposed to use Herc or Eresh here. In fact, I think Herc with double buster Mommy would have done great...
I also made a mistake there and used Kagetora instead of Scathach.
I used Melusine and she raped his ass in two turns with the MLB damage CE equipped. And that was with using only my Castoria, she might have done it in one turn otherwise.

The only battle that has given me trouble so far is the Prototype one, but that's because I was doing it wrong. Nero was still a pain spamming Imperial Privilege (even with the damage CE on Morgan I was doing potato damage), I only beat her in the one run where her buffs missed.
Old 2023-08-05, 07:01   Link #36239
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Spartacus melted to Van Gogh.
Old 2023-08-05, 07:55   Link #36240
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Spartacus melted to Van Gogh.
You tell me, and I beat him without using the event CE.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon