AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-24, 00:33   Link #61
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
I'm of the opinion that Eleonora is based on Catarina Claes.

I'm wondering about this "hair color discrimination" plot device. While I'm sure is a real thing nor is it otome Isekai-exclusive (the first time I read it was in Detective Conan), I have a feeling that it's used far more frequent in this genre and, given the isekai escapist element, is an allegory for a different type of prejudice. I'm not sure which kind(s) of prejudice the authors are aiming for, but the other time I saw it in an otome isekai, it's still about neurodivergence... Spoilered due to it being LN-only.

Spoiler for Hamefura, Novel 2:
I've seen a few series where a character is judged for their hair color. Usually red hair in fact .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There were so many hilarious scenes in this episode, it's hard to pick my favorite.

Yumiella is a huge dork but she's also quite smart. She understood the King and Queen's intentions very quickly. While they may appear to be a lot nicer than their jerk of a son, I thought the way they're attempting to cling to power to be rather disgusting, going as far as to tell Yumiella not to kill the Demon King just so their son can do it and cement their authority. I'm leaning toward them being smarter/shrewder rather than nicer.
I think they definitely have a political interest in her but there scene together afterwards makes it look like they are genuinely fond of her to a certain extent, especially the queen.
Old 2024-01-24, 02:52   Link #62
Alchemist007
*Author

Pretty good episode, Elenora is looking like a fun character.

https://streamable.com/d42367

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2024-01-24 at 03:05.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 18:04   Link #63
SamCurt

If the Queen's description of Duke Hillrose's faction still makes me somewhat sympathetic to them--on par with the Barons i.r.t of John of England--then this purple-haired guy's manifesto pretty much killed any sympathy I still have.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 12:43   Link #64
Frontier

Why is Alicia confronting Yumiella about being the Demon Lord? Because that idiot prince is spilling state secrets, of course! And he has no problem doing it in public in front of all the students. And while Yumiella is against stereotyping, Alicia's Harem has no problem defending her against...the person she is accusing of stuff that isn't true. Real nice guys .

"I may be the Hidden Boss, but I'm not the Demon Lord." Title Drop !

But these weaklings don't have a leg to stand on against Yumiella, but she's nice enough to give them leveling up tips in the most grind-happy, dangerous, and solo way possible...even if it has the opposite effect than intended and just makes everyone think she's a weirdo. But she really tried !

And now that she's concerned that Alicia's reservations against her are because she's reincarnated too and remembers the game, it's up to Yumiella to stalk Alicia and get some answers! But she's not another reincarnated player but just your typical Otome game Heroine progressing her relationship with boys who just has the wrong attribute affinity for getting along with Yumiella .

I see Yumiella is weak against cast...any excuse for Fairouz Ai to say "nyan nyan." Though too bad she's so OP that she scares them off. Right in front of the male lead, too !

I don't think anyone is going to miss the former principal, but this Ronald guy seems super suspicious, especially with Makoto Furukawa using his super smarmy voice. But so far as fake as his smile is, he seems reasonable enough and clear in fulfilling the kings' policies and working with Yumiella. Just too bad Yumiella trouncing the boys is making them act out of character .

Who better to put in charge of helping students level up that Yumiella? Too bad their level up methods looks super inefficient and simple to her, something she shares with Patrick, who has combat experience and seems pretty reasonable. Though even he didn't expect Yumiella to straight up summon monsters to attack them !

Good thing Patrick is quick to organize everything and get everyone to apply proper tactics, and they manage to slay the first onslaught...because Yumiella summons yet ANOTHER gang of monsters so that they can level up the Vanguard. But at least she restrains the monsters so it's all good, right ?

Yumiella is so OP that virtually nothing can hurt her, but Patrick defending her despite that still means a lot, especially when it's the first time someone has ever been so genuinely concerned for her. And the way she blushes and feels something in her heart...I see where this is going .

Well, she did say she would mention when she was about to use the monster summoning flute before she uses it...again...and again...and again. That poor class. But at least they're leveling up !
Old 2024-01-30, 13:42   Link #65
SamCurt

Edwin's yelling about the Demon Lord on the campus is, indeed, divulging state secrets. But his telling Alicia privately probably doesn't count as this, since the King expected Alicia to know about the Demon Lord thing eventually.
Old 2024-01-30, 14:09   Link #66
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

She said it! She said the thing!!!

Otherwise we finally met Patrick. And yea, that poor class.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 14:29   Link #67
SamCurt

After this episode, I have a feeling that Count Dolknesses will monopolize the country's military power for at least a few generations. The reason being, it seems, the only people of the next generation who are willing to grind like Yumiella does will be her children (with Patrick, I guess).
Old 2024-01-30, 16:54   Link #68
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-01-30, 18:51   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The prince is a complete idiot, but I think a little better of him for defending Yumiella when he was alone with Alicia. Just wish he had done it publicly

Patrick seems like a competent love interest. He's everything the three stooges aren't. Yumiella's antics will no doubt cause him a lot of grief, but sticking with her will be worth it.
Old 2024-01-30, 18:54   Link #70
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dang, Eleonora's got it going on! Edwin doesn't know what he's missing !
Old 2024-02-01, 15:05   Link #71
SamCurt

While I understand works in this genre usually don't care about anachronisms, since the "medieval world" is just a thin veneer on modern society, but, still this show is kinda peppered with this, with all the talks about photos of marriage prospects and Ronald's numerous sugar cubes added to his tea...
Old 2024-02-05, 04:52   Link #72
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
While I understand works in this genre usually don't care about anachronisms, since the "medieval world" is just a thin veneer on modern society, but, still this show is kinda peppered with this, with all the talks about photos of marriage prospects and Ronald's numerous sugar cubes added to his tea...
This is definitely not based on the middle ages, more like late 1800's. It's still a thin veneer of the 1800's though.
Old 2024-02-06, 12:05   Link #73
Frontier

Look at Ronald trying to keep a straight face and enjoy his sugar cube-laden drink while Yumiella is admitting she regrew her whole arm as a child! And then she's debating if she could regrow her own head if she had to! Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she could .

I'm not surprised the three stooges are stealing kills from their own class and standing out, but it also means Alicia isn't leveling up at all, which is a problem. Does this call for a personal lesson from Yumiella? Somehow I think it would go the way Ronald imagines, not Yumiella, but I can't blame the girl for hoping .

Edwin's popularity sinking because everyone thinks he's a liar and because he wastes so much time with Alicia gives me life! Not that it helps with the rumors surrounding Yumiella though .

Things are going well between Yumiella and Patrick though! Not only does he have no reservations about talking to her, but he treats Yumiellas a person, not listening to any of the rumors about her or the wariness the rest of the class shows her, and they're building up a solid and supportive rapport .

Of course said rapport also leaves Patrick felled during their practice bouts...but at least she can heal him! And he's getting used to the...graphic nature of said healing. And she seems to feel surprisingly bad about hurting him .

They even bond over their hair colors! Patrick having gone through similar issues with his grey hair being mistaken for black, but that just makes him appreciate Yumiella's lack of concern over her own and being true to herself all the same. They even compliment each others' hair! And having someone actually call her hair "pretty" seems to have delivered a critical hit to Yumiella, right down to legit blushing !

Yumiella is stuck on healing duty, plays rock-paper-scissors with dark bind, and is a little overzealous in properly healing everyone...but she just can't help but think the class isn't taking it seriously enough and should be fighting appropriately for their level. And if they don't want her calling down monsters, maybe they can fight her? Okay, yeah, better the monsters than the Hidden Boss...though her frustrating Patrick and feeling like she disrespected him by acting familiar has got Yumiella depressed and self-conscious. Poor girl .

I'm actually surprised Alicia went to the trouble of trying to apologize to Yumiella, knowing how naturally terrified Alicia is of her, but the moment is ruined because of COURSE Edwin had to show up and assume the worst of Yumiella. Get a clue, idiot .

Yumiella is a little tired of being judged, of people not accepting her, and feeling like she has no place anywhere...but it's Patrick who sticks up for her and defends her methods, even standing up to Edwin, and that means everything. Especially when he's fine with her just calling him "Patrick" and was never mad at her at all. It leaves Yumiella happy and just wishing she could be friends with him...and maybe more !
Old 2024-02-06, 13:25   Link #74
Greenish Growth

This dry humor is great.

I like these kinds of isekai heroines. They are cute and funny. I hope that modern warfare obsessed isekai heroine can get an anime too.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-06, 18:53   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Patrick is a really good love interest. Well, friend for now, although Yumiella's self-esteem is too low for her to think that's what they already are. A lifetime of isolation and then discrimination can do that to you. He actually managed to make her smile for the first time in the series!

Now I'm waiting to see more of Eleanora. Potential for a lot of fun there.
Old 2024-02-06, 21:03   Link #76
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Patrick is a really good love interest. Well, friend for now, although Yumiella's self-esteem is too low for her to think that's what they already are. A lifetime of isolation and then discrimination can do that to you. He actually managed to make her smile for the first time in the series!
Not to mention blush !
Quote:
Now I'm waiting to see more of Eleanora. Potential for a lot of fun there.
At this point I feel like she's going to take Yumiella complimenting her chances with Edwin as an excuse for them to become real besties even if Yumiella isn't interested .
Old 2024-02-13, 12:04   Link #77
Frontier

It's Summer Break and Yumiella is spending her leisure time with none other than Patrick! Trying to learn the finer points of swordfighting while still sending Patrick flying, but at least he's getting used to it and he's literally the only person who would try to keep up with her like this .

Yumiella is always willing to teach others the art of proper leveling up! But the class s more interested in the gossip surrounding her and Patrick, especially how they just seem to compliment each other so well .

With the Three Stooges gone, Yumiella and Alicia can finally hold a conversation! And with Yumiella's help, Alicia is able to draw on a positive memory from her childhood to help with her Light magic! It's just nice to see the two girls getting along better now .

Yumiella is quite bold to invite Patrick to her room to enjoy some sweets! Though her maid would be there...but it still has quite the effect on Patrick. But the two just enjoying it together in the cafeteria is still equally cute .

A Martial Arts competition with a magic/swordfighting tournament? Well, Yumiella has enough sense to not participate lest she steal the show...but then they have to advertise a Dark Magic enhancing amulet that Yumiella just can't resist. You have to work for your rewards during game events! Especially for a prize that literally only she could want, because it was deliberately set up that way .

Well, it's good that William has acknowledged Yumiella's strength and finally apologized to her. Now he doesn't see her as an enemy, but merely a rival to compete against. Though he's still a Level 20 talking big to a Level 99 .

Honestly the way everyone in Yumiella's block reacted, is it any surprise they all forfeited rather than fight her? Even though she fully intended to help them show off, but her sword flexing was too much .

Of course William wouldn't give up without a fight, and he even has an endgame-tier weapon, but not only is he underleveled to be able to use the blade, it's no match against YUMIELLA PUNCH! And of course Adolf (?) is the only one who saw it and realizes that it wasn't just her generic sword that broke William's legendary weapon. I almost feel bad for him. Almost .

It's also nice to see Oswald commend Yumiella and acknowledge her as well, on-top of properly apologizing, even if he's also honest about not liking her and seeing her as a rival as well. But still, better than before .

Alicia shows off her light magic, Edwin shows off his sword magic, Oswald shows off his expert mastery of the four elements, and that leaves Yumiella with some stiff competition (in their minds) .

I love how Yumiella was disappointed that Patrick wasn't watching her from the front row and she wanted to show off to him...while he backed away in terror knowing EXACTLY what was going to happen .

Yumiella brings back an old favorite...BLACK HOLE! And this time at full power! And it's a sight to behold! Especially when it induces a mini typhoon. It's so overwhelming and terrifies everybody they just reward her 300 points just to make sure she stops. That's one way to win !

I love how Yumiella gets the amulet but Ronald and Patrick both question why she even needs it as OP as she is...but they just have to accept that any true gamer needs every gear they can get .
Old 2024-02-13, 15:12   Link #78
Greenish Growth

Well that was a lot of fun.

It would make sense that her Black Hole would cause bad weather considering she produced such a low pressure area over the entire region.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-13, 16:35   Link #79
magnuskn

I can't help but think that Yumiella making the three stooges, erm, main love interests super-competitive with her is stifling Alicia's growth, which will come to bite them all in the ass when the demon lord comes in and there is need for a powered-up light mage to dispatch him.
Old 2024-02-13, 17:00   Link #80
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I can't help but think that Yumiella making the three stooges, erm, main love interests super-competitive with her is stifling Alicia's growth, which will come to bite them all in the ass when the demon lord comes in and there is need for a powered-up light mage to dispatch him.
The only progress Alicia has made was thanks to Yumiella...