Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-08, 18:49   Link #141
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
tramadrama the presence of the Kyubi was said to be the reason of Naruto's abnormal stamina chapter 90.
Thank you Hunter, this is the chapter I was looking for with another discussion awhile back also. Tiger check that chapter out. I understand what you are saying though about the twice amount of chakra thing. That's true.

I'm just continue my quest to make some realize that they are truly understimating the influence of Kyubi on Naruto. Naruto couldn't possibly do these things that are getting done for this long without him, like this whole training thing.

I don't know if the translation in mine is accurate, but the word root was used, which means "at the core," the catalyst, the reason, the "because," the equivalent of a root in a flower. No root, no nutrients, no anything.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 19:15   Link #142
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-class uchiha
Well, I don't doubt tha Oro can take on Konoha by himself, though he would lose, he actually did have a lot of ppl help him.
and can you tell me who can beat oro other than tsunade, sandaime and jiraiya then...? even four tailed naruto couldn't even kill oro.... oro cannot be killed with his uber uber regenerations.... the most konoha can do is kill him only like probaly 2 lives of his yet he has like 6 more..?
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 19:58   Link #143
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by a03
and can you tell me who can beat oro other than tsunade, sandaime and jiraiya then...? even four tailed naruto couldn't even kill oro.... oro cannot be killed with his uber uber regenerations.... the most konoha can do is kill him only like probaly 2 lives of his yet he has like 6 more..?
HES LIKE A CAT!
Yamatofruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 20:02   Link #144
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

I use to think that Kabuto could take Oro...but he's in love with him.
Old 2006-09-08, 20:08   Link #145
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
I use to think that Kabuto could take Oro...but he's in love with Oro.
I guess you assumed Kabuto would have first poisoned Oro before starting their fight. I don't see any other way for Kabuto beating Oro. But, as you said, the word fair has no meaning in the Naruto world, so maybe Kabuto is assumed to obtain the upper hand by being the most unfair.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 20:09   Link #146
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by a03

@ a03
I agree w/ you and believe that nobody at the moment can beat Orochimaru one on one in konoha. The only ones that would get close are Tsunade or Jiraiya (if you count him). What I meant was that if they ALL ganged up on Oro he would die ie

Orochimaru vs Tsunade + Jiraiya + Hyuuga Clan + Kakashi + Gai + Asuma + Kurenai + Yamato + ANBU , etc... [I'm pretty sure Jiraiya and Tsunade can handle him by themselves].
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 20:27   Link #147
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
I guess you assumed Kabuto would have first poisoned Oro before starting their fight. I don't see any other way for Kabuto beating Oro. But, as you said, the word fair has no meaning in the Naruto world, so maybe Kabuto is assumed to obtain the upper hand by being the most unfair.
Nah, Kabuto's coolness factor went down substantially since the first time he was introduced. I thought that we were in for this great character that has some kind of demon beast within him or something. When he got pissed during the chunnin exam, I thought to myself, "WOW!" When we found out that he was a traitor, I was like, double WOW. Then the story behind him, or lack thereof, was triple WOW! Now we have him completely living up to Oro's desires. Kabuto is one of those nagging, disappointing characters in Naruto. Kishi never expanded on his back story and the look on his face during the chunnin exam and that sucks. What would save him is if we found out that he was one of the remaining jinchuuriki.

It's kind of sad that new characters can pop up and completely supercede the old. Hidan's last words in this chapter was one of the best one-liners in Naruto. The ladies love'em, hell, I love'em and think he has the best weapon in Naruto. New characters are cool to have and I'm not saying that they shouldn't exist, but when you think about the underdeveloped characters like Tenten, Shino (my favorite character), and Hinata, it can be a little frustrating at times, but ya gotta deal with it in this story.

But it's safe to say that out of all of the Naruto characters, Kabuto had the best window of opportunity to kill Oro thus far. Plus, he's gained Oro's trust.
Old 2006-09-08, 20:28   Link #148
tkdtiger

Quote:
Thank you Hunter, this is the chapter I was looking for with another discussion awhile back also. Tiger check that chapter out. I understand what you are saying though about the twice amount of chakra thing. That's true.

I'm just continue my quest to make some realize that they are truly understimating the influence of Kyubi on Naruto. Naruto couldn't possibly do these things that are getting done for this long without him, like this whole training thing.

I don't know if the translation in mine is accurate, but the word root was used, which means "at the core," the catalyst, the reason, the "because," the equivalent of a root in a flower. No root, no nutrients, no anything.
Oh cool. I wasn't discounting you in anyway. I do think think KB has had alot of influence on naruto, but it's def. not the only thing. I think it's was mentioned that Naruto shouldn't rely on the KB, but to start and use his own strength, which I think suggests that people like Jiraiya and Kakashi definately believes that Naruto can become much more stronger if even without the use of KB. Naruto just hasn't realized it yet, but now I think it has been shown that Naruto wants to depend less on KB.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 20:57   Link #149
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
And only 3 akatsuki has shown to be some what "immortal" - oro, sasori, and Hidan
Does anyone else find that disturbing? Only 3? That's three too many. I'm so tired of the Cells and the Maijin Buus. Why can't there just be an uber ass ninja that just duck deathblows? Why does he have to be the idiot and take them head-on and regenerate? Even Kabuto and Tsunade can regenerate. I don't want to count Hidan because that's part of his attack, I guess, but the others, come on. Oro should be able to just be damn good without the help of regeneration. Sasori, on the other hand, he just talked a good game is all, but all this does is constantly linger on chapters. The Sasori/Chiyo/Sakura fight started strong and ended up being unnecessarily long.
Old 2006-09-08, 21:00   Link #150
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Does anyone else find that disturbing? Only 3? That's three too many. I'm so tired of the Cells and the Maijin Buus. Why can't there just be a uber ass ninja that just ducks deathblows? Why does he have to be the idiot and take them head-on and regenerate?
Because then the author introduce a Naruto blowing part of the planet just to kill them....
Old 2006-09-08, 21:18   Link #151
.opi
whatever..

Send a message via AIM to .opi Send a message via MSN to .opi
Quote:
Originally Posted by a03
eh.........i'm almost 100% sure that if oro came in by himself and faced konoha he would get his ass kicked...............

sure oro can regenerate almost any damage done to him, but he did say that the blast from the 4-tail naruto had enough power to kill him, which means its not inifinite regeneration..........so on one hand if you have naruto with kyuubi, add Kakashi who has the MS which i'm sure if it actually hit Oro would kill him, Maito Gai with an amazing speed and close range fighting, and if you have shikamaru with his amazing strategies, i'm sure those 4 alone could give oro a hard time............
.opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 21:28   Link #152
Rurik
Golden

opi...i been wanting to say this for a long time..but your sig is killer, its always crank me out when I see it, specially Mr Orange face of shock

And yeah, Oro can't crush Konoha by himself, but he is (or Sasuke) the main piece to acomplish this dream.
Old 2006-09-08, 23:04   Link #153
Struggler

Rurik, you should see that w/ music:
http://orangestory.ytmnd.com/

About the chapter:
I can't really see Team Asuma beating these 2. Unless, Asuma could summon Emma. I hope he summons Emma.
Struggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 23:44   Link #154
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struggler
Rurik, you should see that w/ music:
http://orangestory.ytmnd.com/

About the chapter:
I can't really see Team Asuma beating these 2. Unless, Asuma could summon Emma. I hope he summons Emma.
Oh sweet!

Funny thing about Emma though. In the tunnel when Saru confronted Orochimaru, only Sarutobi was left standing, even Emma was down hurt!

In regards to this chapter, I can't see Shikamaru letting Asuma die, though its weird that Kurenai seems resigned to let him... maybe there is a secret plan...

Emma would be TIIGHT!
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 23:49   Link #155
Ashura3

1. I still feel the idea of Jiraiya not approaching the idea of elemental vs physical chakra with Naruto in the past 3 yrs absolutely ridiculous. I seriously hope there's some other great new development in Naruto that we haven't seen so far simply because he's only been up against super ninjas as of yet.

2. I feel the best impression left from a fight between Asuma and co. and the Akatsuki duo is if the Akatsuki duo are fine whereas the Konoha group return with serious but not life threatening injuries. I dunno, make Asuma lose an arm or something. (And DON'T make Tsunade be able to regenerate it. -_-) This way we see that Konoha aren't a bunch of wimps, but yes Akatsuki IS that strong, and Kishimoto is original enough to not repeat the outcome of other fights.

And please please please implement proper strategy into the fights instead of powerup here, powerup there. We saw a hint of that with the initial attack.
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 00:17   Link #156
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Does anyone else find that disturbing? Only 3? That's three too many. I'm so tired of the Cells and the Maijin Buus. Why can't there just be an uber ass ninja that just duck deathblows? Why does he have to be the idiot and take them head-on and regenerate?
You can't really compare them to Cell and Majin Buu as far as cheap regeneration powers. Oro isn't invulnerable, he just has the ability to switch bodies. That, and he's so skilled with the kawarmi technique it sometimes seems like he can't be hurt. Sasori was almost invulnerable but had a weak spot (which he for some reason decided to loudly draw attention to with a huge kanji sign). Hidan is the only one who so far seems immune to all attacks, but I'm guessing there's a limit to how much damage he can take. For example, I don't think he could be decapitated and live, but he could probably be stabbed all day and still survive. Deidara's "death" scene though, was obviously a direct rip-off of Cell's and he seems to also have regeneration ability to some extent, but he still used an exploding KB instead of actually exploding and regenerating from nothing. So yeah, there's a lot of cheap characters, but not anywhere near DBZ yet. There's also the hope that the Akatsuki leader will be the badass shinobi you're hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struggler
About the chapter:
I too hope to see the Monkey King again. The diamond staff against Hidan's sycthe would be a fight to remember. While we're at it, I really want see Gamabunta summoned at least one more time. And what about Gamachiki.? It'd be awesome if he's grown huge over the timeskip like Akamaru has.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 00:40   Link #157
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

I have a question

How can Oro switch bodies again? And what's the jutsu called?
Yamatofruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 01:00   Link #158
jcc2k4
boku wa kamisama desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamatofruit
I have a question

How can Oro switch bodies again? And what's the jutsu called?
talk about off topic!
jcc2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 01:41   Link #159
Ryuujin

Quote:
Does anyone else find that disturbing? Only 3? That's three too many. I'm so tired of the Cells and the Maijin Buus. Why can't there just be an uber ass ninja that just duck deathblows? Why does he have to be the idiot and take them head-on and regenerate? Even Kabuto and Tsunade can regenerate. I don't want to count Hidan because that's part of his attack, I guess, but the others, come on. Oro should be able to just be damn good without the help of regeneration. Sasori, on the other hand, he just talked a good game is all, but all this does is constantly linger on chapters. The Sasori/Chiyo/Sakura fight started strong and ended up being unnecessarily long.
QF the fucking T! I hate regenerating villains...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 02:11   Link #160
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
@ a03
I agree w/ you and believe that nobody at the moment can beat Orochimaru one on one in konoha. The only ones that would get close are Tsunade or Jiraiya (if you count him). What I meant was that if they ALL ganged up on Oro he would die ie

Orochimaru vs Tsunade + Jiraiya + Hyuuga Clan + Kakashi + Gai + Asuma + Kurenai + Yamato + ANBU , etc... [I'm pretty sure Jiraiya and Tsunade can handle him by themselves].
Akatsuki and the Sannin cant fight with soo many comrades...

Especially the Sannin....(that is if they want to get all out) the damage they leave behind is too much...which is exactly why 3rd Hokage wants/can to fight when no one interferes..

If you look back at the fight of the Sannin then Hyuuga Clan etc. etc. have to dodge the entire time...and the area of destruction may be too huge to run out on foot.

Look at the fight of Naruto 4t vs Oro....it was hard to get even close...