AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-06, 11:24   Link #1
LocrEpinS

Romantic-Comedies w/ happy endings.

I'm still new to the anime community and have only watched a few dozen animes in my time.
Alot of the popular animes i was following(Zero no Tsukaima, Utawarerumono, School Rumble S2) had finished and i'm really in need of some new animes to take their places.

I've gotten a list of them on anidb.info already: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...ist&uid=172683
But here's a summary of animes i've watched and the ratings i gave them, respectively.

It seems weird that all my animes are rated very high, but i believe the main reason for that is because i usually only download them once i'm sure that they're infact as good an anime as it seems

Chobits [9]
D.C.: Da Capo [9]
School Rumble [9]
D.C.: Da Capo 2 [9]
Shadow Warrior Chronicles aka Utawarerumono [9]
School Rumble Ni Gakki [8]
Shuffle! [9]
Karin [9]
Canvas 2 ~Rainbow Colored Sketch~ [9]
Shana of the Burning Eyes aka Shakugan no Shana [9]
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [9]
My Days With Midori aka Midori no Hibi [9]
Elfen Lied [9]
Twin Love aka Futakoi [8]
Final Approach [7]
Girls Bravo - Second Season [8]
Twin Love 2 aka Futakoi Alternative[9]
Magikano [8]
Zero`s Familiar aka Zero no Tsukaima[8]
Yumeria [7]
Amaenaide yo! [7]
Lamune [8]
Amaenaide yo!! Katsu!! [7]
Soul Link [8]
Girls Bravo - First Season [8]
Rec [9]
Looking up at the Half-Moon aka Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora [10] !!!!!!!
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan [7]
School Rumble: Ichi Gakki Hoshuu [9]

List compiled on: 7th October 2006

I'm into animes that have very meaningful and touching stories, and not into ones which have alot of useless action. I'd prefer if the anime was made after 2K since the ones b4 that date aren't very visually appealing to me.

So quite literally, i'm trying to find good-looking, meaningful storied and hopefully new(within the past few years) animes.

Oh yeah, and don't suggest animes with too much ecchi(such as Love Love, it seemed ok on the outside but omg i scraped it after watching the first ep)

Hope this isn't asking too much. Thx in advance ^^.

Last edited by LocrEpinS; 2006-10-09 at 04:14.
Old 2006-10-06, 11:33   Link #2
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Let's see....Kanon (2006) just came out and it has elements of comedy and romanticism. However, the anime just came out yesterday so if you want you can watch its original version Kanon.

--> If you want something new to watch other than Kanon's remake, then watch Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na ~ Crescent Love ~.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-10-06, 11:36   Link #3
andromeda0201

Ouran High School Host Club
Ai Yori Aoshi
Suzuka
Kage Kara Mamoru
Honey and Clover
Mahoraba heartful days
Peach Girl
Onegai Teacher and Twins
Old 2006-10-06, 11:36   Link #4
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Let's see....Kanon (2006) just came out and it has elements of comedy and romanticism. However, the anime just came out yesterday so if you want you can watch its original version Kanon.

--> If you want something new to watch other than Kanon's remake, then watch Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na ~ Crescent Love ~.
Thx, i'll keep kanon '06 in mind and have a look to see where i kept the original kanon anime and have a look at it once i find it.
Old 2006-10-06, 11:40   Link #5
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun
Ouran High School Host Club
Ai Yori Aoshi
Suzuka
Kage Kara Mamoru
Honey and Clover
Mahoraba heartful days
Peach Girl
Onegai Teacher and Twins
Wow, posts are coming pretty quick, thx for that.

Onegai Teacher and Twins seems a little on the ecchi side, so just a question: about how much ecchi does it contain?
The other animes i think i have downloaded somewhere so i'll make a note to watch them.
Old 2006-10-06, 11:50   Link #6
andromeda0201

well if you could watch Amaenaideyo and girls bravo I dont think you'd have the problem with the ecchi content in Onegai teacher and onegai twins. There really isn't that much in those
Old 2006-10-06, 12:03   Link #7
MamoruUsagi

List of romance

Sailor Moon
Bokura ga Ita
Fushigi Yuugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Mars
High School Debut
The Devil Does Exist
Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
Wild Act
Missile Happy!
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
Doubt!!
Absolute Boyfriend
Fushigi Yugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Kare First Love
Ultra Cute
Paradise Kiss
Mars
Sensual Phrase
Happy Hustle High
Ultra Maniac
Akuma De Sourou
His and Her Circumstances
Punch!
Kare Kano
Kaikan Phrase
Love Attack
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Sailor Moon R
Sailor Moon S
Sailor Moon SuperS

Sailor Moon has 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The romance is wonderful. The couple are boyfriend and girlfriend during the series and get married and have a child. Their are lots of romantic kisses. Tuxedo Mask is a wonderful character. I've been a fan since 1995.

Fushigi Yuugi is 18 manga volumes. It's really romantic, the couple are boyfriend and girlfriend during the series and get married. I recommend you read the manga, the manga is 18 volumes long and the anime only goes up to volume 13. The Fushigi Yugi manga is very romantic.

Ayashi no Ceres is a great manga, but the anime takes out everything. Only read the manga, do not watch the anime. The manga has romance, sex, drama and more. The anime cuts out half the plot and all the sex.

Marmalade Boy is a romantic series that is realistic. The couple are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the middle of the series. It is 76 episodes and 8 volumes.

High School Debut is another.

The Devil Does Exist is a realistic romance series.

Love Attack

Mars is a realistic series with a couple that is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and lviing together and engaged and in a relationship.

Happy Hustle High, the manga, is romantic and funny. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend early on and it's really cute, romantic and funny.

Wild Act is a great romance.

Doubt!! is a romance/comedy manga.

Ultra Cute

Absolute Boyfriend is another romantic comedy.

Kare First Love is a romance manga with drama. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend early on and date during the series.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, His and Her Circumstances, Kare Kano, a completely different series from Kare First Love is an anime and a manga. It is a completely different series from Kare First Love. The manga is 21 volumes, the anime goes up to volume 7. It's really good, His and Her Circumstances.

Mars is a romance/drama manga. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend early on and date during the series. Rape, sex, dating and engagement are covered.

Peach Girl is a realistic manga. The manga is great, the anime cuts out a lot and waters everything down, changing sex references to kissing. The manga is 18 volumes. Volumes 1-8 are sold as Peach Girl 1-8, volumes 9-18 are sold as Peach Girl Change of Heart 1-10. You might accidentally buy the wrong volumes, so make sure you get the right volumes.

Bokura ga Ita is good.

Sensual Phrase is romantic and mature.

Akuma De Sourou is realistic.

Paradise Kiss has a couple that is dating and boyfriend and girlfriend and in a relationship.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-07-08 at 20:37.
Old 2006-10-06, 12:05   Link #8
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun
well if you could watch Amaenaideyo and girls bravo I dont think you'd have the problem with the ecchi content in Onegai teacher and onegai twins. There really isn't that much in those
Yeah, 'guess.
I gotta admit though, as much as i liked the story of both those animes, the ecchi was a bit of a put off(it shows in the ratings).
Old 2006-10-06, 12:08   Link #9
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamoruUsagi
List of romance

Sailor Moon has 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The romance is wonderful. The couple are boyfriend and girlfriend during the series and get married and have a child. Their are lots of romantic kisses. Tuxedo Mask is a wonderful character. I've been a fan since 1995.

Fushigi Yuugi is 18 manga volumes. It's really romantic, the couple are boyfriend and girlfriend during the series and get married. I recommend you read the manga, the manga is 18 volumes long and the anime only goes up to volume 13. The Fushigi Yugi manga is very romantic.

Ayashi no Ceres is a great manga, but the anime takes out everything. Only read the manga, do not watch the anime. The manga has romance, sex, drama and more. The anime cuts out half the plot and all the sex.

Marmalade Boy is a romantic series that is realistic. The couple are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the middle of the series. It is 76 episodes and 8 volumes.

Kodomo no Omocha is another.

Happy Hustle High, the manga, is romantic and funny. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend early on and it's really cute, romantic and funny.

Doubt! is a romance/comedy manga.

Absolute Boyfriend is another romantic comedy.

Kare First Love is a romance manga with drama. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend early on and date during the series.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, His and Her Circumstances, Kare Kano, a completely different series from Kare First Love is an anime and a manga. It is a completely different series from Kare First Love. The manga is 21 volumes, the anime goes up to volume 7. It's really good, His and Her Circumstances.

Mars is a romance/drama manga. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend early on and date during the series. Rape, sex, dating and engagement are covered.

Peach Girl is a realistic manga. The manga is great, the anime cuts out a lot and waters everything down, changing sex references to kissing. The manga is 18 volumes. Volumes 1-8 are sold as Peach Girl 1-8, volumes 9-18 are sold as Peach Girl Change of Heart 1-10. You might accidentally buy the wrong volumes, so make sure you get the right volumes.

Stellvia of the Universe is another romance series.

Bokura ga Ita is good.

Pichi Pichi Pitch Mermaid Melody is cute.

Ultra Maniac is a romance/comedy.

Sensual Phrase is romantic and mature.

Akuma De Sourou is good.

Maison Ikkoku is alright.

Tokyo Boys & Girls and Hot Gimmick are some others.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is a romance drama.

All of these except for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Ayashi no Ceres have happy endings.
Cheers m8, i'll have a look through them on ANN and AniDB.
I don't really read manga though, mostly an anime fan.

Some are quite old though, it's kinda selfish being picky and all but i just can't help it.
I got into anime around a year ago so it's hard to try and watch animes that're around the '90s or even b4 that time.
"If you received a psx, would you still want to get a snes?"(it's arguable but most wouldn't, though it's true there're some snes games which just never die, and i guess, this goes for anime aswell)
Sorry if this sounded offensive in any way('not meant to be), 'just thought it was a good quote.

Quote:
All of these except for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Ayashi no Ceres have happy endings.
I already have Kimi ga Nozomu Eien but i'm very hesistant to watch it because i've heard sooooo much about how sad it is, and i guess ur quote justifies it has a sad ending aswell >_<.

Thx again for the list.

Last edited by LocrEpinS; 2006-10-06 at 12:31.
Old 2006-10-06, 12:14   Link #10
MamoruUsagi

Sorry about that, I lot of my recommendations are manga and the manga versions are better. I'll post some links for you in a couple minutes.

Fushigi Yuugi

Ayashi no Ceres

Marmalade Boy

Happy Hustle High

Kare First Love

Mars

High School Debut

Kare Kano

The Devil Does Exist

Ultra Cute

Sensual Phrase

Love Attack

Paradise Kiss

I think Marmalade Boy (76 episodes) is the one that fits your taste most.

Happy Hustle High is a manga that also fits your taste.

Also, I should mention that Absolute Boyfriend is more of a happy middle series, I don't want to spoil the ending, but let's just say that it's if you're looking for a happy middle, not happy ending.

I was an anime/manga fan in 1995, so I guess a lot of my recommendations are older ones. But I understand, everyone has their own taste and being picky is fine, I have my thing where most romance series I love, the couple have to be boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series and in the middle of the series, instead of in the end. Their are some exceptions, but I lot of the series I like, the couple has to get together earlier on and be dating and be boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series. However, the Othello manga has such good characters that I make it an exception, but most manga I read has to have a couple that is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating for a long time in the series, so we see the couple as a dating couple. However, there are some exceptions.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2008-08-30 at 16:12.
Old 2006-10-06, 12:52   Link #11
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Sorry about that, I lot of my recommendations are manga and the manga versions are btter. I'll post some links for you in a couple minutes.

Fushigi Yuugi I read all 18 volumes. The manga is wonderful.

Ayashi no Ceres

Marmalade Boy

Happy Hustle High

Kare First Love

Mars Yes, he is a guy, he looks a bit feminine, but he is more masculine in the books. They become boyfriend and girlfriend early on.

Kare Kano

I think Marmalade Boy (76 episodes) is the one that fits your taste most.

Happy Hustle High is a manga that also fits your taste.

Also, I should mention that Absolute Boyfriend is more of a happy middle series, I don't want to spoil the ending, but let's just say that it's if you're looking for a happy middle, not happy ending.

I was an anime/manga fan in 1995, so I guess a lot of my recommendations are older ones. But I understand, everyone has their own taste and being picky is fine, I have my thing where most romance series I love, the couple have to be boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series and in the middle of the series, instead of in the end. Their are some exceptions, but I lot of the series I like, the couple has to get together earlier on and be dating and be boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series. However, the Othello manga has such good characters that I make it an exception, but most manga I read has to have a couple that is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating for a long time in the series, so we see the couple as a dating couple. However, there are some exceptions.
Yeah, true.
I'm not very worried about when the characters' romance starts but it starts to get annoying when they carry on forever while alternating back and forth between their relationship and the anime's story itself(School rumble is a somewhat semi/half -example, where there is some romance but mostly comedy. Though this anime is very good[personally rated ~9], it's not one which i would strongly consider a "romance" anime).

I'm not so much into animes with love-triangles but most are fairly good.
Harems tend to bore the life out of me unless it has alot of drama, is interesting and original.
My ideal anime is one that's realistic, touching, moving and original yet simple.
As you can see, this anime:

Looking up at the Half-Moon aka Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora [10] !!!!!!!

is the only anime i've rated 10, and regardless of it being only 6 episodes it has got to be the best anime on earth. It's quite short and there isn't much of a lead up to the ending, aswell as most future event being depicted b4 they actually happen, but nonetheless it was a great anime.
This is definitely a must watch for romantic-comedy/romance anime fans.
Old 2006-10-06, 18:39   Link #12
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Kashimashi Girl Meets Girl is hands down my favorite romantic comedy anime. While some people didn't like the way the series ended, I truely enjoyed it (it made me cry a little I was so happy with the ending). Don't let the title fool you, it isn't some sort of "oh look girls making out" type anime. The main character is a boy who gets hit by an alien spaceship, and when the aliens heal him they accidently turn him into a girl. The story then focuses on how this change affects his relationships. It's very good (although make sure to watch a couple of episodes before passing judgement, the first episode is not representative of the entire series).

I almost forgot about Nana! Nana is awesome. It's currently being broadcast so I don't know if the ending will be happy or not (although by the way the series is going I think it will have a happy ending). And it's schedualed for 50 episodes, so there's plenty to keep you occupied!
Old 2006-10-06, 21:24   Link #13
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo View Post
Kashimashi Girl Meets Girl is hands down my favorite romantic comedy anime. While some people didn't like the way the series ended, I truely enjoyed it (it made me cry a little I was so happy with the ending). Don't let the title fool you, it isn't some sort of "oh look girls making out" type anime. The main character is a boy who gets hit by an alien spaceship, and when the aliens heal him they accidently turn him into a girl. The story then focuses on how this change affects his relationships. It's very good (although make sure to watch a couple of episodes before passing judgement, the first episode is not representative of the entire series).

I almost forgot about Nana! Nana is awesome. It's currently being broadcast so I don't know if the ending will be happy or not (although by the way the series is going I think it will have a happy ending). And it's schedualed for 50 episodes, so there's plenty to keep you occupied!
Yeah, I had my eye on Kashimashi for a while now but i wasn't really planning to watch it on the sole basis that was a shoujo-ai anime heh.
But the ratings did seem pretty good, so i might aswell give it a try since you said it isn't the "kind" of anime i thought it was .

Thx for the recommendation.
Old 2006-10-07, 06:56   Link #14
fizzer123

Honey and Clover. This is an absolute must if you want a meaningful series. The ending is happy, but not the conventional "happy ending" (i.e. lets hold hands and walk into the sunset happy)

It's targeted at a more mature audience, so if your in college, you'll be able to identify with most of the themes and characters.
Old 2006-10-07, 07:01   Link #15
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzer123 View Post
Honey and Clover. This is an absolute must if you want a meaningful series. The ending is happy, but not the conventional "happy ending" (i.e. lets hold hands and walk into the sunset happy)

It's targeted at a more mature audience, so if your in college, you'll be able to identify with most of the themes and characters.
Yeah, i've heard good comments about that series, i guess i'll finish downloading the other eps which i haven't already obtained and probably watch it afterwoods.

btw, that was a funny example just then .

Thx.
Old 2006-10-07, 23:40   Link #16
darkanimeghost
your insominac lover

Send a message via MSN to darkanimeghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo View Post
I have to agree about kashimashi because it was great and the ending no matter how many times you watch it its still great.
Old 2006-10-08, 02:07   Link #17
ThoHell

Just finsiehd Final Approach, it was pretty good. It's got romance/comedy and some other stuff, it's about 13 episodes.
Old 2006-10-08, 04:34   Link #18
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'd go with whoever has recommended Honey and Clover as well as its subsequent second season. It isn't your typical happy ending, however - it's as bitter as it is sweet.
Closed Thread