AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-10-21, 12:21   Link #1
syntex
Error 641

How to get rid of this virus?

Yep I got a virus dont know if any of you encountered it but it was going around on MSN messenger something along the lines of "hey i think this is a picture of u: and then a link, but it actually downloads a file called photo.exe which i opened knowing full well .exe is really suspicious haha stupid me now i got the virus on my computer but most of it is already removed except this little bugger stuck in C:\Program Files\Common Files\{E4C496ED-0BB6-4105-1106-030310240001}\Update.exe now I got antivirus software popping up every 3 min telling me i got the virus but it cant clean it or quarantine it and i tried to remove it manually without sucess heres the report if that can help:

thx for all the help in advance
syntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 12:39   Link #2
Kupop
#BlastoMayo Tyrant

Send a message via AIM to Kupop
I'm assuming you've already tried rebooting into Safe Mode or the command prompt and deleting it there. If you haven't, I suggest trying that (F8 at the first loading screen).
Kupop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 20:51   Link #3
someguyouknow
eh?

how about a boot disk? like The ultimate boot disk or hirens boot disk?
Old 2006-10-23, 19:47   Link #4
sleeplessNites
being rock till senseless

The file in question is likely in use. Kill the program before attempting to clean it.

if the os is XP or 2K, you can try Ctrl+shift+Esc ( task manager ), on its process tab, "end process" to any weird looking program. At the worst case of wrong termination, just reboot the PC.

Alternatively, use system restore.
sleeplessNites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 10:44   Link #5
Shounen
Away for good

My tip is format C:\
and dont ever use any Norton or symantec product again.
Norton Anti virus likes RAM, and will glady eat alot of it.

2nd if you intend do this anyway, be sure your always updated (up 2 date atleast by them...) so that your safe from those trojans and worms that Nortons knows about (and not the ones that it dosent know about at all..).

As far as I can see Norton leaves that what it dosent understand/knows about is " left alone". Which is really great ^_^. Other anti viruses usally quarantine the files untill any "safer" risk/action is taken.
Shounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 18:23   Link #6
ryomakun

Norton is bloatware, sometimes report virus that really isn't there. What i suggest is that, you BOOT to safe mode with networking (HOW: Tap F8 rapidly (that's what i do) as you start your computer). Use your Firefox With Java Run Time Environment installed and go to http://housecall65.trendmicro.com Scan Your computer online and have it fix right there and then. NO SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD NEEDED. ^_^ Then after fixing, uninstall norton, install a good firewall such as Zonealarm, Install antispyware such as LAVASOFT then install a Free anti virus such as AVG. ^_^

AVG might not be the best, but AVG is better than a norton product that has its license expired. Alot of my customers have norton in their PC but they still get virus, why? Because they have expired license, with AVG you won't have this trouble since it is free.
ryomakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 20:38   Link #7
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Use this to see what process is currently locking the file: http://www.dr-hoiby.com/WhoLockMe/

Then kill the process and delete the file.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 10:32   Link #8
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shounen View Post
My tip is format C:\
and dont ever use any Norton or symantec product again.
Norton Anti virus likes RAM, and will glady eat alot of it.

i agree on my first pc i used Norton but int he end i had a troyan on it and the virus scan was infected as well so it didnt work in any way, i prefer AVG which is free
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 04:21   Link #9
tritoch

err.. I've had no virus protection whatsoever in the past 2 years and lucky me haven't been infected yet

Dude, prevention is the best defense against this sort of thing. If you think its a virus, 90% of the time, you're right. So don't aimlessly download stuff from the internets! haha

Ad-aware by Lavasoft is a good antispyware utility. Get it.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 04:45   Link #10
ryomakun

tritoch, you are very lucky then ^^. I encountered website that injects virus to your machine as soon as you load them. Sometimes these sites just got hack by a hacker so you may never be sure if the site you visit is safe. Like you say, prevention is the best defense and Antivirus is a prevention ^^. Just want to point out to our readers on the forum that it is important to have antivirus.
ryomakun is offline   Reply With Quote