Notices

Old 2006-11-01, 21:12   Link #21
JaneSame
T-today J-Juniah!

Arrested Development, Strangers with Candy, and Twin Peaks
JaneSame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 22:35   Link #22
Knightmare213

No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get into Firefly. But Serenity, the movie that was based and acted as a sorta-sequel for the series was a kick-ass.

I was also surprised to hear Stargate SG-1 was being cancelled. It's a good series, but I guess my focus will be on Atlantis now.

And one series that I'll be very sad for its end would be Battlestar Galactica. Even if gives a perfect ending (and I really don't doubt that the writers will), I'll still be sad.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 01:26   Link #23
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

F-Zero GP Legend aka F-Zero Falcon Densetsu...

I'm a die-hard F-Zero fanboy and that's nintendo's only claim to my pocket. Shit, I got the N64 just for F-Zero X!

FALCOOOOOOOOOOON PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!
Old 2006-11-03, 11:51   Link #24
General_Norris
Ouendan member

Takesi's castle. Now they are reairing them again but there are not new episodes.
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 13:31   Link #25
hooliganj
Team Player

If we're talking live-action, then any of the shows that tried to pair off with The X-Files on FOX Friday nights - The Adventures of Brisco County, Strange Luck, Kindred - The Embraced, Profit, Millennium - all good shows. Several of them were better than X-Files, IMO, especially Brisco County.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 18:50   Link #26
copyninja07
Fumoffu!

Send a message via AIM to copyninja07 Send a message via MSN to copyninja07
Full Metal Panic, Basilisk ... and a few more i can't think of right now
copyninja07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 13:54   Link #27
Astrayred
-=ARX-7 Arbalest=-

Send a message via MSN to Astrayred
Definitely "Odyssey 5"
Plot Outline: After witnessing the destruction of the Earth from orbit, a group of astronauts is sent back in time and given 5 years to prevent the disaster from happening.
Too bad it ended without any conclusions...
Old 2006-11-04, 20:28   Link #28
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj View Post
If we're talking live-action, then any of the shows that tried to pair off with The X-Files on FOX Friday nights - The Adventures of Brisco County, Strange Luck, Kindred - The Embraced, Profit, Millennium - all good shows. Several of them were better than X-Files, IMO, especially Brisco County.
Haha, yeah Briscoe County Jr. kicked a$$...Just the right amout of cheese, action, and comedy...

For old school I'm gonna say Small Wonder, about the girl that was a robot...I just used to like that $hit... Mystery Science theater 3000, after the replaced the main guy with somebody else the show started to suck though...

Obviously Firefly that got slammed from the very start when Fox didn't even air the correct first episode

Fox is the WORST network for giving good shows a chance to prosper...

Fortune Hunter on Fox (It was like a James Bond show that was realy cool)

Fastlane on Fox (Still have no idea why this show was canned it was like Miami Vice meets 21 Jumpstreet...I mean it wasn't on the level of Law and Order or CSI (interms of being serious), but it was a bangin' colorful show with lots of cool settings, awesome cars, chicks and violence...

Bernie Mac show (such an underrated family comedy..People got kinda confused that Bernie Mac was actually capable of having a family type show when his actual stand-up comedy is really offensive and somewhat vulgar...He flipped the script but I still loved that show and it's messages, and Fox as usual sent it packing without a proper ending, never giving it a decent time-slot and changing air-nights each season)

Also Arrested Development as mentioned...
Old 2006-11-04, 23:48   Link #29
Xefiris
Lord of bored!

Send a message via AIM to Xefiris Send a message via Yahoo to Xefiris
GetBackers... this one hurt... They should have made more.

Inuyasha was disapointing too.
Xefiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 19:49   Link #30
Masaru katou
I love the cars

Scryed, they put a $%&# named ''super milk chan show'', it really stinks, or i don´t like it .
GANTZ: #$%&!, why the channel discontinued it?, i didn't see it completely!
That are all.....
Masaru katou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 06:55   Link #31
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Firefly seconded.

And one from my youth that anyone of my age group who lives in the UK probably remembers: Tripods. Old 80's sci-fi drama series produced by the BBC. Extremely well written and thought out, but the third and final series was never produced because they were afraid it'd flop. They just didn't have the balls to go through with it, for which I will likely never forgive the BBC.

It's always the really great stuff that gets cut short, in both live action and anime
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 07:21   Link #32
Loniat
Paranoid Android

There was this TV series a long time ago, when I was a kid actually, called American Gothic. It had a very interesting plot, and I believe that a second season was never made, unfortunately.

Well, looking at wikipedia about American Gothic, it says it was from 1995, so I was not so young as I remember. My memory betrays me, and this is a sign that I am much older that I would like to be.

Last edited by Loniat; 2006-11-07 at 08:04. Reason: time correction
Loniat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 16:11   Link #33
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get into Firefly. But Serenity, the movie that was based and acted as a sorta-sequel for the series was a kick-ass.

I was also surprised to hear Stargate SG-1 was being cancelled. It's a good series, but I guess my focus will be on Atlantis now.

And one series that I'll be very sad for its end would be Battlestar Galactica. Even if gives a perfect ending (and I really don't doubt that the writers will), I'll still be sad.
SG-1 is being cancelled? I didn't know that. I really liked this series too.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 16:35   Link #34
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I lost interest in SG-1 after the end of series 7. I get my fix from Atlantis now, so it's not that big a deal for me
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 22:34   Link #35
phantom_ryder

Buffy!!!! Why SMG?! why did you let the show go?! *sniff.. so many fun memories..

nah, but seriously. i found this to be such a damn well written series it was insane!
phantom_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 23:17   Link #36
Renvi
Seimei

Invader Zim. I effing loved that show. So funny...
Renvi is offline   Reply With Quote