AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-02, 13:19   Link #321
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Poor Sakura,she never had a chance frmo the beginning.
I was browsing through an image gallery a few weeks ago and I ran across some CGs from Nekonekosoft's last game, Scarlett. Now I know it is common practice to recycle character designs in games and anime, but my jaw dropped when I saw this one.

I don't know very much about this game and I haven't been able to determine what the name of this character is, or what role she plays in Scarlett. There were a couple of pictures after this one, but I can't post them - let's just say that "Sakura" must have grown a bit less shy since she moved away.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 13:35   Link #322
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

One of the few series where every female is likeable
I didn't know Sakura could do that
Old 2006-11-03, 01:23   Link #323
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Because the same team behind Da Capo: Second Season is behind Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~
Kuso~, So that's why the character and fashion design looked soo much like D.C.'s.

This(D.C. and G~ER~ being similar) completely rules out the possibility of G~ER~ being similar to Lamune imo.

I'm sure everyone would agree that D.C. is quite different from lamune, If not for the "feel" of the anime then for the immensely different story lines.

--------Off topic---------
D.C. was a great anime imo, but it played around alot with your emotions(sad, happy, sad, happy etc.), and though that gave the anime more value if you will, it can't completely void you of the feeling of annoyance.

Oh and the ending really pi***d me off totally(though it's still one of the top anime ~_~). Reason being i don't like endings where they give you the impression that "there's more"(i'm not sure if D.C.II is going to be made into an anime either, let alone D.C.II even continuing some of the stories i would've liked to see in the previous anime).

Lamune's ending was much nicer ^^.
LocrEpinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 22:58   Link #324
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

I just finished watching this. Where's the kiss?
Old 2006-11-03, 23:01   Link #325
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
With the whole series mainly being about there build-up to start the relationship, i believe not having a kiss scene is for the best. It leaves us the viewers to choose how it happens.
Old 2006-11-03, 23:14   Link #326
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
With the whole series mainly being about there build-up to start the relationship, i believe not having a kiss scene is for the best. It leaves us the viewers to choose how it happens.
Half the the series was spent on developing the worthless side characters that you don't even care about. You just had to watch the last scene in each of them where Ken and Nanami develop their relationship a bit more. The amount of time wasted on the side characters for a 12 episode series was simply disgusting. The last few episodes were so good too.
Old 2006-11-03, 23:44   Link #327
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Seems to me covering Nanami with spurting sticky fluid at least matches a kiss. And all those worthless side characters created the community in which their relationship developed. Each episode seemed important for that environment in which their relationship grew.

Otherwise, please don't assume you're speaking for anyone but yourself

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-11-04 at 00:07.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 00:28   Link #328
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Sweet anime show. We really don't need to see them kiss because we all know how they really feel about each other. A kiss would be a nice bonus but its not needed in this case. Though Belldandy and Keiichi from AMG is another thing. Their relationship is so annoying. A kiss would probably end the annoyance, well at least for me.
Old 2006-11-04, 00:37   Link #329
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
Sweet anime show. We really don't need to see them kiss because we all know how they really feel about each other. A kiss would be a nice bonus but its not needed in this case. Belldandy and Keiichi from AMG is another thing. -_-
"We really don't need to see them kiss because we all know how they really feel about each other".
(Good quote dude!)
That's completely true.

PS - I haven't watched this show for a long time(am still waiting for the HD one to finish) and i can't remember if they had kissed or not at the end. But all i know is that i remember liking the ending quite a fair bit, so i'd be happy to say that even if they kissed it wouldn't of made much difference to the already surperb ending.
Old 2006-11-04, 00:46   Link #330
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocrEpinS View Post

PS - I haven't watched this show for a long time(am still waiting for the HD one to finish) and i can't remember if they had kissed or not at the end. But all i know is that i remember liking the ending quite a fair bit, so i'd be happy to say that even if they kissed it wouldn't of made much difference to the already surperb ending.
Are you referring to Ah My Goddess?
Old 2006-11-04, 00:55   Link #331
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Are you referring to Ah My Goddess?
Hmm, i thought i was referring to Lamune.
Wasn't that what the last few posts were about?
~Or did i miss reading a few previous posts..
Old 2006-11-04, 01:09   Link #332
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocrEpinS View Post
Hmm, i thought i was referring to Lamune.
Wasn't that what the last few posts were about?
~Or did i miss reading a few previous posts..
Oh nvm, my mistake I misread your post. I'm kinda tired right now.
Old 2006-11-04, 01:12   Link #333
LocrEpinS

Quote:
Oh nvm, my mistake I misread your post. I'm kinda tired right now.
Lolz, no worries.
Guess this forum is global and we live in different time zones.

Just curious, is that what happened in AMG too?(don't give too much detail because i'm thinking of watching the series)
Old 2006-11-07, 18:55   Link #334
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just a note to anyone seeding/leeching etc.... the batch torrent for Lamune dvd is active. Anyone still trying to collect files should switch to that one.

(small kudos to utorrent because it was smart enough not to automagically create a whole new folder of files rather than hooking up to my existing files ... sometimes I had to do housekeeping with Azeurus when I'd switch from single torrents to a batch torrent). I've got everything except for about half of 11 but I'll leave it up til only tumbleweeds drift by.
Old 2006-11-07, 19:15   Link #335
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Half the the series was spent on developing the worthless side characters that you don't even care about. You just had to watch the last scene in each of them where Ken and Nanami develop their relationship a bit more. The amount of time wasted on the side characters for a 12 episode series was simply disgusting. The last few episodes were so good too.
I am highly disappointed in you, tun. You do(should, need to) realize that the first episode started from the get go a look into what built up that so-called relationship that you speak of. And, in case you haven't noticed, [almost] every episode started with a peek into the past, and each episode covered that peek into the past with a stepping stone into that so-called relationship. You add to the fact that Kenji and Nanami have never admitted to one another, wou will remember the "100 favors" part of their past, you will remember that one of the girls liked him since childhood, you will remember that once that was taken care of the time of admittance was at hand, and you will remember that if none of that would have happened, we'd have a whole new wtf'kin confusing series. So be glad this wasn't a 3 episode so-many-plot-holed I-don't-understand-a-thing OAV series, be glad that the amount of time wasted set up that so-called built up relationship you speak of, be glad that the last few episodes were good because of the amount of time wasted on the "worthless side characters", and just be gun dam glad that you were able to see that last scene, because I guarantee you, if you had just only watched that last scene at the beach, you'd have begged for the "worthless time spent on the side characters nobody cares about". Overall, be thankful for something no one forcefully imposed one you, for something that cost absolutely nothing, for something...that wasn't even made with you, or me, in mind.

Because if you ask me, all of my Lamune related questions were answered during the broadcast run of Lamune, all but one question:

Is there more after this?

I'm highly disappointed in you for the fact that you're in the L-R distro as well, and I had expected much better from you than this....you get the idea.

Now, with that said, I have some more translation checking to do. Hope you understand what it means to be an anime viewer and be godmn proud of it.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 19:50   Link #336
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I am highly disappointed in you, tun. You do(should, need to) realize that the first episode started from the get go a look into what built up that so-called relationship that you speak of. And, in case you haven't noticed, [almost] every episode started with a peek into the past, and each episode covered that peek into the past with a stepping stone into that so-called relationship. You add to the fact that Kenji and Nanami have never admitted to one another, wou will remember the "100 favors" part of their past, you will remember that one of the girls liked him since childhood, you will remember that once that was taken care of the time of admittance was at hand, and you will remember that if none of that would have happened, we'd have a whole new wtf'kin confusing series. So be glad this wasn't a 3 episode so-many-plot-holed I-don't-understand-a-thing OAV series, be glad that the amount of time wasted set up that so-called built up relationship you speak of, be glad that the last few episodes were good because of the amount of time wasted on the "worthless side characters", and just be gun dam glad that you were able to see that last scene, because I guarantee you, if you had just only watched that last scene at the beach, you'd have begged for the "worthless time spent on the side characters nobody cares about". Overall, be thankful for something no one forcefully imposed one you, for something that cost absolutely nothing, for something...that wasn't even made with you, or me, in mind.

Because if you ask me, all of my Lamune related questions were answered during the broadcast run of Lamune, all but one question:

Is there more after this?

I'm highly disappointed in you for the fact that you're in the L-R distro as well, and I had expected much better from you than this....you get the idea.

Now, with that said, I have some more translation checking to do. Hope you understand what it means to be an anime viewer and be godmn proud of it.
You probably already know what I watch almost solely romance anime, so I have pretty lofty standards. I absolutely loved everything about Ken and Nanami, so anything that wasn't spent on them was a waste of time simply because it wasn't going to be as good as showing more development between the two. I think the biggest problem was that you could tell that they were going to devote an entire episode on telling one side character's story after another when they did the Tae sempai episode. Lamune got off to a great start so it pissed me off that they were going to deviate from it. The side character's stories added almost nothing to my appreciation to the show.

lol @ trying to tell anime viewers to be grateful. That's a whole nother issue anyway. And watching anime is not free. The opportunity cost of watching it is my time, which I could have used to do something else or watch a better anime.

And there's really nothing to be proud of by watching anime. No one respects you for it. No offense to Vexx, but I hope I'm not watching anime past 21 years old. This "hobby" has already made me waste enough of my life.
Old 2006-11-07, 20:16   Link #337
mangatron

Quote:

And watching anime is not free. The opportunity cost of watching it is my time, which I could have used to do something else or watch a better anime.
You know, I said something on IRC several years ago to a frenchie I highly respect: "Free is a good word....when used properly lol"

And that's where my variations come from. The anime is there, it's available, and it was you, and only you who chose to sit down(or stand up, or lie down) and watch it. I'm sure the download program didn't speak to you and say "watch me, I'm a romantic anime"

Quote:
And there's really nothing to be proud of by watching anime. No one respects you for it. No offense to Vexx, but I hope I'm not watching anime past 21 years old. This "hobby" has already made me waste enough of my life.
And there you have it. I've been watching [anime] since birth, and I'm proud of it. I'm a highly respectable person in this community. And I'm happy for that, because it's what I chose to do. As for it being a "hobby", that too was all your doing. I buy anime collectibles and have spent alot of time and money into them. But it's not a waste to me, because I chose to do those things, and everytime I look back, I smile and say "I was happy then, and still am happy". I guess, what I'm trying to say is, I'm an anime viewer, an anime fan, and I never, ever thought of this being a....hobby.

I hope when you reach that time in your life, that you would at least be happy knowing you've met someone like me. What, no one in the L-R distro told you how wacked up crazy I am?
Old 2006-11-07, 21:09   Link #338
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
You know, I said something on IRC several years ago to a frenchie I highly respect: "Free is a good word....when used properly lol"

And that's where my variations come from. The anime is there, it's available, and it was you, and only you who chose to sit down(or stand up, or lie down) and watch it. I'm sure the download program didn't speak to you and say "watch me, I'm a romantic anime"
Other people recommended it to me knowing that I am a romance anime fan. Do you want me to just ignore them? How am I supposed to know how much I will enjoy it unless I actually sit down and watch it? You can't be so black and white about it.

Quote:
And there you have it. I've been watching [anime] since birth, and I'm proud of it. I'm a highly respectable person in this community. And I'm happy for that, because it's what I chose to do. As for it being a "hobby", that too was all your doing. I buy anime collectibles and have spent alot of time and money into them. But it's not a waste to me, because I chose to do those things, and everytime I look back, I smile and say "I was happy then, and still am happy". I guess, what I'm trying to say is, I'm an anime viewer, an anime fan, and I never, ever thought of this being a....hobby.

I hope when you reach that time in your life, that you would at least be happy knowing you've met someone like me. What, no one in the L-R distro told you how wacked up crazy I am?
Highly respectable person in what community? That's pretty vague when I don't know anything about you, your current residence, your job, your social standing, etc. to be able to validate that. It's not gonna be the same everywhere, and being an otaku certainly is nothing to be proud of in the US, I can tell ya that.

I certainly understand what you're saying, because anime has given me plenty of happiness. But now it's coming to a point where it's doing more harm than good for my (social) life.

I didn't need to be told, I already knew.
Old 2006-11-07, 22:05   Link #339
mangatron

Quote:
Highly respectable person in what community? That's pretty vague when I don't know anything about you, your current residence, your job, your social standing, etc. to be able to validate that. It's not gonna be the same everywhere, and being an otaku certainly is nothing to be proud of in the US, I can tell ya that.
I meant here, this community, Animesuki forums. But, that's understandable since you joined Dec 2005. It was the start of that year that I made a commotion in this forum, which is lost now due to the great hack of 2005. And not just here, my torrents released on various other sites were hugely popular as well(ToHeart2 anyone? ). I can't even hide on IRC, I've had people call out to me and I don't even know them lol. Scary stuff, that's what I get for going global with the same nick lol

Someday if you hang around long enough you'll see more from me than just the RAWs world

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
I didn't need to be told, I already knew.
But how could you already know that? I have more than 2 years of back history with L-R, it's kinda creepy of you saying that when you didn't know about me here

Now, not to be off topic, but I was actually replying to your posts in a way to get your spirits back up. You seemed upset being discouraged of Lamune's outcome, and, well, your red emote threw me off I hope you didn't get my messages the wrong way

Because at about the same time I was posting a friend of mine on IRC was feeling down, and I tried to lift his spirits back to his old self. I don't know if I helped or not, but he seems ok now
Old 2006-11-07, 22:20   Link #340
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't consider watching anime any more a waste than watching any other form of entertainment. I think watching most commercialized sport is a waste of time (an "opiate" for the masses). Most of the live-action programs on american tv are not so much "compelling drama" as inch-thick melodrama with little character development (there are some excellent exceptions).
In my case, I only really got hooked on anime a few years ago, I also game, do SCA, read science fiction and history, volunteer at my son's band and debate activities, and tinker with computers/software -- all of those are wastes of time to someone I'm sure.

There, that's my offtopic comment over the discussion.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, nekoneko, picture magic, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, visual novel adaptation