4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.68%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-17, 07:18   Link #201
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I think someone has probably mentioned this, but the reason why Euphie decided so quickly on implementing a special place for the Elevens to regain their national identity is probably linked to her meeting with Nina and how she feels about herself.

It is correct to say that it's hardly a plan at all, and while she may have given thought as to what to adminster or implement in the Special Administrative Region, it doesn't seem at the moment she has given thought to what consequences might derive from such a bold announcement. I think the word is a 'whim'.

Her actions can probably be 'justified' by the fact that she's royalty-used to doing what they want whenever they feel like it with little fear of restraint or opposition.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 07:36   Link #202
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Her actions can probably be 'justified' by the fact that she's royalty-used to doing what they want whenever they feel like it with little fear of restraint or opposition.
Actually, as I said before, it's more like a "let them eat cake" act from a royal who had no political knowledge whatsoever. Rest assured Cornelia would not have made the same mistake.

Further, worse than Knighting Suzaku, this act Euphie took isn't something that can happen just because she said so. The line has been crossed, and at the very least the fellow royals would not be pleased.
Old 2007-03-17, 07:43   Link #203
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow. I thought this was just going to be a light hearted episode about the school festival but *DUN DUN DUN* Euphie made a bold announcement that will have deep and dire consequences. Freaky Nina, who adores Euphie even, looks really disturbed by Euphie's announcement.

I can just see it now. Huge riots in the streets and public turmoil...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-17, 08:01   Link #204
claudius

Well it's a complete train wreck now.
Spoiler:

The only thing that can salvage this show now is the return of Orange-kun, and more C.C. cheesetastic comedy.
claudius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 08:14   Link #205
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Wow. I thought this was just going to be a light hearted episode about the school festival but *DUN DUN DUN* Euphie made a bold announcement that will have deep and dire consequences. Freaky Nina, who adores Euphie even, looks really disturbed by Euphie's announcement.

I can just see it now. Huge riots in the streets and public turmoil...

Spoiler:
It's called 'the calm before the storm', I suppose. I suppose even Nina would look somewhat mortified, since we all know by now she views Elevens as 'dangerous beings capable of anything', as would most generic Britannians.

I have no answers to your first question, though. Maybe a look at the spoilers thread might provide you with some.

As for the second...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Well it's a complete train wreck now.
I certainly don't think so and hope that will not happen. While episode 20 was quite the sappy and cheesy one, episode 21 seem to imply that there's something shocking that's going to happen later, and it will probably impact Lelouch or Suzaku in more ways than one.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 08:18   Link #206
saner

I've just watched this episode.

It seems that Euphemia is still naive as ever. As I thought she isn't on the same level as Lelouch, but her actions created big problem for Lelouch.
saner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 09:14   Link #207
Trax
Rock beats scissors

CC's pizza shock ftw. That was incredibly funny, she's a total addict.
Nina's 11-fear ftl. Hadn't she noticed that the school grounds were full of elevens before she got so shocked by Euphemia's announcement?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 10:04   Link #208
nil
nothing yet..

My favorite scene is apparently mistranslated in Your-Mom sub.

Spoiler:
nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 10:52   Link #209
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Anyways, I got some questions. Near the end of the episode where the masses were chasing Euphie we see a girl, dressed up as a witch, with effects of the Geass on her. What did Mr. Zero command her to do?
You have a bad memory, haven't you? It's a girl Lelouch used in one of the first episodes to test out the duration of his Geass, only to find out it lasts forever . He commanded her to make scribbles in the wall.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 10:55   Link #210
SinsI

And a lot of other things were mistranslated too. That marriage - Milly wasn't talking about Marianne, she was talking about her own future.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 11:28   Link #211
Juvyniled

When reality hits, it's going to hit hard. That is undoubtedly what is going to happen to Euphemia. Given her character and her nature (impulsive, spontaneous, ignorant), she would've never planned it out. It would've been a better idea for her to plan it out... but even if she had involved Lelouch as VCV mentioned, he would only be manipulating her as well. Lelouch needs to drag this conflict out as long as necessary for him to uncover the truth and effectively take down the empire. Lelouch can't conduct in a time of a peace (imagine that, a champion of justice attacking the nation that just gave independence to the people it conquered) just as Suzaku can't conduct in a time of war. The circumstances are bound to conflict with each of their goals, and if each of them doesn't respond, their goals will drift further and further away. So maybe Lelouch might not manipulate his sister if she proposed that idea to him first, given that she is rather close and friendly with him. How do you suppose he would've responded? "Sure, I'm all for it... just let me finish this war."

I'm not saying the empire is nice, but the empire isn't like previous totalitarian regimes. They don't slaughter people on the whim, they retaliate when antagonized. Hey, if the rebels didn't want innocent people involved, take the battle elsewhere. I haven't seen such atrocious acts like the empire taking up civilians hostage to call out rebels yet (which if they did, would be utterly sadistic). The reason they kill people in the ghettos is oblivious to the people directly witnessing it or involved. But for us, we know there were others involved in the whole incident. Imagine if it was a real poison bomb. Would they simply think, "Oh, they're hiding amongst innocent civilians. We can't touch them." If they don't make an effort to get it back, they would only be kicking themselves in the ass. *offtopic* Which is also why insurgents have it so easy in taking the American soldiers down; they're hiding amongst the civilian population.*offtopic*

At this point, I'd like to see how episode 22 plays out to determine whether
Spoiler:
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 11:38   Link #212
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
You have a bad memory, haven't you? It's a girl Lelouch used in one of the first episodes to test out the duration of his Geass, only to find out it lasts forever . He commanded her to make scribbles in the wall.
Carve-tan is such great fun. especially since they just traced over the old animation. ^_^ wish there'd be some more fanart of her, but I guess she's too boring for it. ;_;

Quote:
And a lot of other things were mistranslated too. That marriage - Milly wasn't talking about Marianne, she was talking about her own future.
as to be expected of a speed sub. :\

still, as long as you take everything in it with a healthy dose of salt, it's a nice way to get the basic idea for the many people who have little or no japanese skills.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 12:14   Link #213
Juvyniled

Ah I see what went down after watching the episode.

Euphemia really gave herself some bad rep with the Britannians. It's pretty clear that even deep down they still harbor feelings of contempt for the Elevens. And now I'm really resolved in believing that Lelouch will retaliate to this matter. Euphemia practically undermined his efforts in declaring the zone (as I initially suspected) and there's no doubt that doesn't settle well with Lelouch. Disregarding all the discrimination they would receive, I do not believe the Elevens will be mercilessly used as bait. And really, the Special Administrative Region is nothing more than a puppet government. They will still be monitored, and without the fighting, Schneizel can continue his research on the ruins and Cornelia can be sent off to conquer new territory. Though, there is still a fair possibility of a trap. Yet, the conflict will continue to go on, since the nationalists aren't looking for peace; they want their country back to themselves.
Old 2007-03-17, 12:19   Link #214
Ansa

Man I sick of this crap about Yuffie=Lacus and Suzaku=Kira, honestly the characters are so freaking different there is no relation besides the pink haired princess and her brown haired mech riding savior. Lacus and Kira and characters made to be with near little fault, Suzaku and Yuffie have more faults then any other two characters in the whole show. both sets of characters may be trying to obtain the same things but that's where the line gets drawn, Suzaku is completely misguided in his beliefs and ideals and we all know Yuffie is just far to naive for her own good.

Honestly I'm really getting sick of people talking about all the Yuffie/Lacus and Suzaku/Kira crap, they may have been somewhat valid early on but now it's really nothing more then topic filling nonsense.

Anyway, now that I've seen the sub I really have to say that Yuffie is going to get screwed in the next two episodes one way or another, obviously her plan won't work out, how exactly we don't know but honestly I hope Yuffie does live through it all.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 12:29   Link #215
Juvyniled

@Ansa: I really haven't seen much of those direct comparisons since early on.... Although I can really understand why you're venting. This show is definitely separate from GS(D) and even if it's similar, they're not the same. But nonetheless they're all characters. To say that Yuffie IS Lacus and Suzaku IS Kira is absolutely absurd. But they can be compared can they not? The key thing is, Lacus and Kira have been so embedded in people's memories that it is much more easier to draw comparisons to these two. Sure, it gets wearisome and repetitive when they keep coming to that conclusion, but they're all similar. Lacus and Kira are traditional heroes, and that is basically the design for Suzaku and Euphemia. Mind you, I am NOT saying they are the same. But for the sake of characterization, people do draw comparisons in that manner.
Old 2007-03-17, 12:41   Link #216
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Man I sick of this crap about Yuffie=Lacus and Suzaku=Kira, honestly the characters are so freaking different there is no relation besides the pink haired princess and her brown haired mech riding savior.
many of us will feel the same joy of Kira and/or Lacus dying if Suzaku or Euphie ended up dead.

of course they're not the same. but obviously they're meant partially to be parodies (thus the look), so there are enough similarities for some of us still pissed over GSD to place our excess hate on.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 13:04   Link #217
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I'm not saying the empire is nice, but the empire isn't like previous totalitarian regimes.
Given how old the empire is, I'd say it's doing pretty good. They have the best technology and medicine in the world. They are very environmentally conservative (What with all those solar panels) and boast a high standard of living.

THe special administration is a good idea but as already pointed out was poorly implemented. I still don't see why it would be a good idea to announce it like that in front of the school and in that awful attire...

I still doubt that Schneziel is going to do anything because he didn't come to Japan to fight Zero in the first place. Though I'm curious as to what Cornelia is going to do.

And did anyone just want to go in and strangle Nina when Euphie was making that annoucement? Argh. You'd wish Suzaku would've tripped and stomped on her as he made his way to Euphie.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 13:17   Link #218
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
THe special administration is a good idea but as already pointed out was poorly implemented. I still don't see why it would be a good idea to announce it like that in front of the school and in that awful attire...
I really believed the directors set Euphemia up nicely for a huge downfall. She's this shining beacon of joy and cheerfulness and always so optimistic, that you'd almost be thinking, she's gonnna get hit hard like that Lloyd-lookalike got whacked with the hammer (poor kid ). She is so unsuspecting too. And Euphemia was the one who put herself into this compromising situation. Firstly, the knighting of Suzaku. She's always got good intentions, but she doesn't consider what others may think (or does she). And look at what the Britannians are thinking, "She's got an Eleven for a lover." I believe it was beautifully pieced together to bring her down. And this will change her overall, for better or worse. Though, since she is
Spoiler:

Quote:
And did anyone just want to go in and strangle Nina when Euphie was making that annoucement? Argh. You'd wish Suzaku would've tripped and stomped on her as he made his way to Euphie.
LOL!
*squish*
Suzaku: Whoops, did I do that?
Old 2007-03-17, 14:05   Link #219
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
And did anyone just want to go in and strangle Nina when Euphie was making that annoucement?
No but I really, really wanted to strangle Euphie. And Suzaku while I was at it. I think they might just as well have called Euphie Miss "Moe Plot Device", it would have suited her so well. Although I guess Viletta after she lost her memory also has a good claim for this name.

Quote:
But instead, Euphie performed the Code Geass equivalent of "let them eat cake!"

Well put. One has to wonder how the heck has Euphie survived to this date, being so dumb and naive. Cornelia has to be a true genius in sister-protecting.

This whole double personality business is getting more and more annoying, all kinds of coincidences and contrived situations are needed to keep Karen and Zero from being exposed as terrorists or the identity of Zero known to his subordinates or Viletta from being recognized or...you get the idea. CC's love of pizza stopped being funny like ten episodes ago, come on Sunrise, surely you can come up with some new jokes.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 14:22   Link #220
Juvyniled

Certainly she is naive and ignorant, but how in this case dumb? Euphemia has naively proposed a more than workable plan. It'll essentially stop the fighting because if the rebels continue to fight, they'll destroy any chance of peace for the Elevens. Is racism an issue? Sure. But it's not as if Britannians will go out and start lynching Japanese people. Britannians have a superiority-complex, but in time they would become more and more accustomed to the situation. And Euphemia is alive up to this point because she's been living in a sheltered environment. She has done nothing up to this point to really incriminate herself (though one may argue that knighting Suzaku could have caused turmoil). This however, is going to make her a target, since we know Lelouch isn't at all satisfied. And Lelouch will essentially foil this proposal anyhow.