Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-04-16, 10:12   Link #121
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

Dr. Dre '2001' is awesome.
best rap song ever: Stil D.R.E.

Eminem 'Marshall Matters LP' is great too. I don't like his stuff after that.

but, truth be told, I don't LIKE rap, I just think it's funny.
Old 2007-04-18, 03:14   Link #122
Misa

I like dip set, kanye, common, mos def, talib, lil wayne

but rap is not my favorite !!
Misa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 08:41   Link #123
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa View Post
I like dip set, kanye, common, mos def, talib, lil wayne

but rap is not my favorite !!
you heard the song with dipset and kanye? (well cam and kanye)
i think its called get down, but theres two get downs so yea its confusing ><
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:32   Link #124
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
There are many great rap/hip-hop bands out there, it's really an awesome genre, someting I didn't realize from the beginning, because of the crap that's usually on TV. After having heard Public Enemies classic "It takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back" I started checking out other artists and I'm quite fond of hip-hop today. Some of my favorites right now are Public Enemy, Nas, Deltron 3030, Snoman and Madvillain.
Old 2007-04-20, 14:49   Link #125
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Ya'll should really check out that DangerDoom and Lupe Fiasco too, again if you're tired of that $hit they plaster all over MTV and call it hip-hop (Although I will make an exception for Lil Wayne since he's from my hometown and has underground mixtapes that are lyrically amazing)...
Old 2007-04-20, 15:09   Link #126
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Ya'll should really check out that DangerDoom and Lupe Fiasco too, again if you're tired of that $hit they plaster all over MTV and call it hip-hop (Although I will make an exception for Lil Wayne since he's from my hometown and has underground mixtapes that are lyrically amazing)...
isnt lil wayne with dipset now?
Old 2007-04-20, 16:11   Link #127
FallenRain

I enjoy Rap sometimes, i usually focus on eminem and other mediocre rappers.
FallenRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 16:57   Link #128
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtyped View Post
isnt lil wayne with dipset now?
I have no idea...I just listen to his local mix-tapes which are way hotter than his album...His wordplay is ridiculous...
Old 2007-04-20, 17:00   Link #129
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Quote:
I have no idea...I just listen to his local mix-tapes which are way hotter than his album...His wordplay is ridiculous...
yea every1 aroudn here listens to his mixtapes and all that. u hear from 911 to katrina. isnt that underground?
Old 2007-04-21, 21:07   Link #130
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

Quote:
DangerDoom and Fiasco........sounds like a lethal combination. I shall check it out.
Old 2007-04-22, 12:18   Link #131
Acseru

Send a message via MSN to Acseru
I am one of those "rap-haters". Well i have nothing against it if someone listens to it but i dont like it for some reason. I only listen to Anime-music and Heavy/metal
Acseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 12:41   Link #132
-Shana-

Yea, well that's almost too natural I guess.. And my favorite rapper is Tupac and I still listen to his stuff. But I listen to Canibus, Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, Mos Def, sometime Lil Wayne and Lil Boosie. Only thing good about Lil Wayne is his punchlines, and as for Boosie, I like listening to real talk stuff. Probably why Pac is my favorite. lol
-Shana- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 12:47   Link #133
-Shana-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remittance Man View Post
I'm very picky about my rap, due to the history of it and the corruption of its original purpose.
Rap and hip-hop, when they were introduced, were songs about life! They had meaning, they had purpose! Now...what is it?
"I'll take you to the candy shop, I'll let you lick the lollipop..."
"Bitch, I'mma KILL YOU!"
"I go into the club, one hand on my gun..."
It's a bunch of stupid Americans cursing to a beat. And it's thanks to douchebags like NWA, Public Enemy, and 50 CENT that rap is just...terrible now, for the most part. I like some of Eminem's stuff...and Snoop Dogg is just flat-out cool...but otherwise, rap has gone to shit.
An exception to this statement is the soundtrack to the little-known Xbox launch game entitled Jet Set Radio Future. Listen to the songs in that game, and you'll see what rap and hip-hop SHOULD be.

Oh fuck no. NWA is one of the best groups in all music. Not just rap, ALL music. The only person/people you can blame for anything you hear on the radio is the broadcasters themselves. If they want to put shit on the radio then they will. No one else has control of it.
-Shana- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 13:37   Link #134
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shana- View Post
The only person/people you can blame for anything you hear on the radio is the broadcasters themselves. If they want to put shit on the radio then they will. No one else has control of it.
Not really. If nobody would listen to crap there would be none on the radio. It's the people listenig to it that are to blame if you have to.
Old 2007-04-22, 13:46   Link #135
DrewGSR

RAP is the best to listen in the club and one of the best to dance to. Trance is alright but shit, can't keep with that pace for a long amounts of time. Rap you can slow down on certain songs and grind easier.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 04:21   Link #136
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukyuu View Post
I am one of those "rap-haters". Well i have nothing against it if someone listens to it but i dont like it for some reason. I only listen to Anime-music and Heavy/metal
Give Sage Francis a listen. If you still hate rap after that then gg, rap's just not your cup of tea.
Old 2007-04-29, 06:00   Link #137
animeffs13240
V for Victory

I listen..but not much

Being from Memphis the rap scene is pretty big since some big name rappers have come from there (Young Buck, Yo Gotti, Three six Mafia)
I listen to it sometimes but not much. I don't really listen to the big name artist that sing about the same stuff like selling drugs, partying (I mean I don't want to hear a song about how low someone's chain is)
I like Jedi-Mind tricks, but I love Immortal Technique. He doesn't rap about the mainstream stuff he talks about corruption, government, and stuff like that. I actually heard he turned down a mulit-million dollar deal because the company wanted him to change up his lyrics. (If you get a chance to listen to him check out his song Dance with the Devil...it is a pretty powerful song talking about a kid who went into drug deals and wanted to be iniated by a gang, some powerful stuff.)
Old 2007-05-03, 14:54   Link #138
Wacram Glaziuz
Norweagain Anime Lover!
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Wacram Glaziuz
hmm, to answer your question Does anyone like Rap?

well there are many who like Rap, but, personally i dont like alot of rap, only like... two songs or something, EminEm - when im gone and some other songs by him, and Bone Thugs N Harmony ft. Akon - I Tried

but now days i only listen to Trance ^^ and Linkin park, ... some Fort Minor, and umm, System of a down, Kamelot, Gorillaz ... i think Fort minor and Gorillaz is Some Rap/hip-hop songs ^^ Love it ^^ allso, i listen to what people here call "Anime music" ... well it is really Japaneese Techno/pop/rap whatever... ^^ Really nice indeed^^

Last edited by Wacram Glaziuz; 2007-05-03 at 15:16.
Wacram Glaziuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 19:59   Link #139
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

I like rap as rhythm and poetry only. And I dispise the all rage against police and gangster hiphop part of it.

I love rap for the deep messages and original themes they come up with. Lyrics are usualy a big part of rap when you put the famous and clu-like money whores aside...

I like mostly listen to french rap for the content but some other I like are The Roots, Taleb Kwali and yeah sometimes eminem can do it too cause I admit talent he has when he feels like using it..
Old 2007-06-10, 22:21   Link #140
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

So.....some solid rap releases for 2007:

Canibus - For Whom The Beat Tolls
Much better than the sub-par content he's been putting out since Rip The Jacker. Multi-syllables, obscure scientific, philosophical, historical, and religious references galore.

Pharaohe Monch - Desire
Consistent as always, Pharaohe delivers conscious messages (When The Gun Draws) and tries to educate the youth with his lyrics, flow, and crisp delivery.

Talib Kweli - Eardrum
Upon hearing the song Listen a while back, this album immediately sounded promising. And that's exactly what it is, excellent beats, same conscious and witty lyrics. Definitely worth checking out.

and now I await Rakim's new album.