Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 18:37   Link #1281
ultimawar2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Misa View Post
I'm curious...what would you describe as 'romance'?
I'm sorry to say but im too dumb to comprehend those kinda questions, i cant describe romance in words.
Old 2007-05-15, 18:49   Link #1282
ultimawar2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Misa View Post
Not too scared at least not in apologizing to Inoue, he felt ashamed and guilty for not having protected her, and for screwing up that resulted in her injury when he knew that she expected him to keep her safe. Just like a brother would younger sister.

'He knew to that she expected him to keep her safe?'

Just what do you mean by that? i think you mean "he thought" because Inoue didint want to be protected by him all the time, thats why she ran into the fight like an idiot and got injured, but keeping that aside i dont think he sees her as a younger sister as you mentioned, remember his biggest vow was to protect his friends, just because he protects her or keeps her safe all the time it doesn't mean he sees her as a younger sister.

And he NEVER forces anything upon her unless absolutely needed(not that i remember him forcing anything upon her) he always lets her do as she wish, and understands her feelings, except for her romantic feelings for him which he is completely oblivious to.

I mean c'mon if you were in ichigo's shoes would you really be able to tell if she liked you? She only thinks about her true feelings for him when shes at home, she acts completely normal in school.
Old 2007-05-15, 19:40   Link #1283
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimawar2 View Post
the relationship between ichigo and Rukia is different, Ichigo vowed to protect her god knows how many times because she is what changed ichigo's world by giving him shinigami powers. Ichi and Rukia understand each other very well and share feelings but the feelings aren't best described as romantic.
On the other hand, their relationship is different than the one Ichigo has with everyone else and it’s been evolving the whole series; that’s part of what makes me and several others think it has a much better chance of growing than the other ones.

Quote:
Ichigo was too scared to face Inoue after everything that happened to him(losing to the Arrancar and the whole Hollow thing) that's why Rukia dragged him along, its not like he said what he said just for rukia's sake is it?
No, but the scene shows that Rukia has good perception noticing what’s bothering Ichigo and, most importantly, can do something about it. It contrasts Orihime’s inability to do the same a few chapters earlier and demonstrates the good bond between Ichigo and Rukia, making me consider the scene pro-IchiRuki instead of pro-IchiHime.

Quote:
ishida x inoue is impossible right as of now, we havent seen anything between ishida and inoue, and do you honestly thing inoue would lose her feelings for ichigo so easily? unless kubo has some tricks up his sleeve it just seems that way for me.
There’s been hints Ishida likes Orihime at various points throughout Bleach and the two worked pretty well together in Soul Society. As for Orihime, she seemed to fall in love with Ichigo too easily so I wouldn’t find it unnatural for her to lose those feelings easily.

Quote:
but in the end i dont think anything will happen, it'll probably just end with a smile between rukia and ichigo in a warm evening sunset at the end or atleast i predict
I’m hoping Kubo has a better ending planned than the one you predict.

Quote:
edit: im very sorry but i dont have time to quote 932587532 people in this thread so i hope you get a general idea of what i believe will happen from the above
Actually, only three people responded to you. All of our answers were roughly the same, though, so it doesn’t matter that you only replied to Alea Misa.

Quote:
And he NEVER forces anything upon her unless absolutely needed(not that i remember him forcing anything upon her) he always lets her do as she wish, and understands her feelings, except for her romantic feelings for him which he is completely oblivious to.
Uh, basically all of Orihime’s feelings around Ichigo are romantic. Also, being able to understand Orihime’s romantic feelings would be a rather important thing for Ichigo to be able to do if he’s going to have a relationship with her.

Quote:
I mean c'mon if you were in ichigo's shoes would you really be able to tell if she liked you? She only thinks about her true feelings for him when shes at home, she acts completely normal in school.
I’ve always found it unbelievable how oblivious some anime characters can be to the fact certain girls like them, and Ichigo is one of those characters.
Old 2007-05-15, 20:29   Link #1284
Starwing

@Tyan, wow, those quotes you pointed out ARE extremely intelligent. If you don't mind (and whoever you're arguing with doesn't mind), could you encourage them to post here as well? I would love to see what else he/she has to say.

Lendra and you have already posted such great arguments. I feel like I'm being redundant and repetitive, but meh. Hopefully I'm saying something interesting/semi-different.

Quote:
Really? Ichigo acknowledged that her reiatsu shrank--but he didn't take action until after Ulquiorra provided an explaination as to how he 'knew' Rukia was dead.
I always say that circumstances in literature doesn't matter as much as the outcome/decision. A villain with an abusive childhood is still a villain at the end of the day (unless he reformed), etc. So the fact that Ichigo went back for Rukia (something he hasn't done for anyone else) is more important than the circumstances.

But regardless, even if we argue about the circumstances, it really can go either way. We don't know what Ichigo was planning to do before Ulquiorra showed up. On the panel, Ichigo turned his entire body around (unlike the time when Chad went down), which can imply that he was going to turn back. And like you've all said, there wasn't enough time.

Quote:
I also wasn't under the impression that Ulquiorra would use Rukia's death as an attempt to goad Ichigo into a fight with himself--he was just stating (what he felt was) the obvious--like he did with Chad to Inoue. Ulquiorra doesn't understand why anyone could be concerned with matters of life or death (as he stated in chapter 262 to Inoue), so I don't think he'd use something that he doesn't understand as an attempt to provoke Ichigo to fight with him. Ulquiorra does know, however, that Ichigo and company are there to rescue Inoue--which is why he used his kidnapping of her as the first provocation.

I admit though, it confused me when Ichigo expressed doubt in Inoue's loyalty. Especially so after seeing him vehemently (almost) deny her defection to the arrancar--before he was stopped by Renji.
We don't know what Ulquiorra's intentions are, so it can be taken either way. The result can't.

Ulquiorra did not expect Ichigo to turn back for Rukia. Neither did he expect Ichigo to sense Rukia. Thirdly, he didn't expect Ichigo to have doubts about Orihime's loyalty. Third-party observation is always important in literature and Bleach especially. They help us pinpoint what is unexpected and important.

They are there so readers do not misinterpret the text. (Which people still do, sadly... -.-') So while readers should be able to question Ulquiorra's motives in that chapter, it's harder to question Ichigo's because it's observed by Ulquiorra and spoken of by Ichigo.

Quote:
If his goal truly was to get to Rukia as soon as possible, it just goes to show how much of an impulsive and rather irrational thinker Ichigo really is. If he really got a hold of himself, he would've realized that there isn't much that he could do to help Rukia himself, considering he has shown no skill whatsoever in kidou previously (and has never been formally taught how to use kidou), and Nell can only heal so much with her drool. If his intent were really to save/help Rukia (and Chad XD), he'd want to get to Inoue first--in which to do so he would have to defeat Ulquiorra as quickly as possible.
Actually... it is also strategically sound to go back for Rukia and bring her to Orihime or a healer. Going back is always faster and easier than going forward, because many of the enemies are taken down. Taking Rukia (physically smaller and easier to transport) to Orihime is also far easier than breaking Orihime out of her cell and being chased all the way back to Rukia. A bonus to that is that Nell can also help with some of the damage.

Either paths have their advantages and disadvantages. In war, most strategists would have their forces pull back and regroup. So that argument can also go either way.

But besides that, I agree with Lendra that Ichigo wasn't thinking at all. Hasn't been thinking ever since he entered HM. He didn't ask Ulquiorra where Orihime was. So there's two possibilities there: 1) he already knows where Orihime is, which is unlikely because they had to split up and search for her, and Ichigo gave no indication that the situation changed. 2) He forgot. Which is sad because it shows that Orihime's location is not is priority during that fight.

So obviously Ichigo wasn't fighting to get to Orihime. He was just being a bit stupid.

Quote:
I'm still not so sure that he does have faith in her ability to take care of herself in a combat situation. For example, when Rukia returns from her encounter with D-Roy, Ichigo asks "What about that guy!? You defeated him?" He clearly expresses disbelief there. Also, to say that Rukia is "more than his nakama" doesn't mean that she is of a romantic significance to Ichigo, per se. She changed his world by giving him the power to truly protect those he cares for (including her), and to help the dead in a way that he hadn't been able to do so before. That's certainly something an 'ordinary friend' wouldn't be able to do--so she is more than just a friend in that regard, but as of right now in the manga, it's far too early to tell where this 'more than a nakama' statement will lead.

Bottom line is (for me): It's not that I think that Ichigo and Rukia don't have a relationship of some sort. They obviously do. They're fun to watch together (most of the time...sometimes they grate on my nerves a little. How so? One word: BOUNTO *headdesk*). However, the likelihood of a full blown romance strikes me as highly unlikely. That would just make their unique and special bond lame. Not every bond between a boy and a girl has to end in romance.

In the end, I'm just not convinced that Ichigo cares more for Rukia than he does for Inoue (or Chad :jk. I'm on the same page as Matsumoto is in regards to importance--Inoue and Rukia are both very important to Ichigo. If either one of them died, Ichigo would be lost. That's it. Short and simple.

As has been mentioned before though: at the end of the day, it's only speculation.
Lendra already answered most of this rather superbly.

I do think that all of us would be disappointed if IchiRuki became some sort of mushy romantic relationship. There are, however, many of us who already view their relationship as romantic, or think that is the natural progression of the relationship.

While it is true that not all deep/meaningful relationships between a guy and a girl needs to end up as romantic, the same is true for all unrequited loves --> they don't have to end up requited. However, it is a FACT that a whole lot more deep/meaningful relationships become romantic than unrequited loves become returned.

Ichigo and Rukia's relationship already has many elements of a romantic relationship. Not much would be changed at all. They will still change each other's worlds. They will still be there to support and motivate each other. They will still bicker like old wedded couples. They will still be able to read each other like books. They will still feel most at ease around each other, and want to be with each other. --> Practically the only thing we add is physical attraction. Can anyone honestly say that being physically attracted to each other will destroy their present relationship?

I do think Matsumoto's words have some value. However, I do not think Orihime is anywhere near as important as Rukia is to Ichigo at the moment. Go compare panels of when they meet/think about each other/talk to or about each other if you doubt this. Rather, I think Matsumoto's words will come true in the future.

Both girls will be important to Ichigo in different ways. Orihime will be an important friend while Rukia will be the partner. <--That's my take on it.

@ultimawar2,
^^' everyone's already said what I wanted to say. But I'll try to add a little more.

Quote:
'He knew to that she expected him to keep her safe?'

Just what do you mean by that? i think you mean "he thought" because Inoue didint want to be protected by him all the time, thats why she ran into the fight like an idiot and got injured, but keeping that aside i dont think he sees her as a younger sister as you mentioned, remember his biggest vow was to protect his friends, just because he protects her or keeps her safe all the time it doesn't mean he sees her as a younger sister.
Orihime had to tell herself not to rely on Ichigo. Her first instinct was, "I'll have to hold on until Kurosaki-kun gets here" and it's implied that she believes after Ichigo gets there, he'll be able to protect them.

So yes Orihime did think Ichigo was going to protect them all. She doesn't blame him, of course, but it's stated that she looks to Ichigo for protection instinctively.

I agree that Ichigo protects everyone, and that doesn't mean he treats Orihime like a younger sister. However, because he has vowed to protect so many people, his vow to Orihime is not as significant. Orihime herself isn't even happy about that vow, and she's never been greedy.

Ichigo's vow to Rukia, you could also argue that it's not significant. However, the scope of that vow was much greater. Ichigo swore to his soul, it was paralleled with Renji (for whom it WAS a big deal), and his expression was far more vivid. It doesn't matter WHY Ichigo vowed to protect Rukia or Orihime. When comparing the vows themselves, Rukia's had the greater impact.

Quote:

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think Ichigo interacts enough with Orihime for us to say that he lets her do whatever. If you don't mind, could you give some examples?

He let Orihime got to SS, but then he also allowed Chad and Ishida. So that can't be it. He's also let Rukia fight numerous times (he could've thrown off Pyon if he didn't want Rukia fighting D. Roy). Generally, he's given his friends the freedom to fight until recently.

Because I remember Ichigo forcing Orihime to go eat dinner at Shiba Kuukaku's place instead of letting her wait for him. This is a type of rejection. Ichigo didn't know how important it was to Orihime, but it doesn't change the fact that Orihime was saddened by this.

After fighting Yammi and Ulquiorra, Ichigo didn't even try to put on a happy face for Orihime. If he truly understood Orihime well, he would know that she hated his sad face, and wouldn't he have at least tried to make her feel better?

At the vaizard's secret hideout, when Orihime came to find Ichigo. Ichigo said... probably 3 sentences before going back to training. He didn't notice Orihime's sadness, or that she's just been berated by Urahara, nothing? This isn't understanding.

But I apologize, I'm not too familiar with IchiHime moments. So if you could point them out, that'd be great.

@Adam, o.O I actually think Ichigo knows. But that's just me.
Old 2007-05-15, 21:49   Link #1285
Alea Misa

Adam, Starwing has said what I meant, well articulated by the way. ^^

Quote:
Actually, yes, I would, but that's another story.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Alea Misa; 2007-05-18 at 17:32.
Old 2007-05-15, 23:47   Link #1286
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyan View Post
Is IchiRuki as popular as people say they are? I've just met so many anti-Rukia people and IchiOri fans that I'm beginning to wonder. Though, in real life, I've never come upon any of those. My friends aren't IchiRuki shippers, but they believe their gonna' end up together, so I place them in the "thumbs-up for IchiRuki" catagory. I heard this pairing is incredibly popular in Japan...? ^^
Ichi x Ruki is definetly the most popular pairing in Bleach. If you go to their official fan page you can see. Ichi x Ori fan site is gone now cause they only had around 100 members. And Ichi x Ruki fan sites has over 1000 members. As for the anti-Rukia peoples, Ichi x Ori fanz have nothing better to do than talk bad about Rukia cause in the manga Orihime is jealous of Rukia. And Rukia has a closer bond to Ichigo and Rukia is 3 times as Orihime according to the official poll.

And as for the poll I'm not suprised at all Ichi x Ori came 50. It's one-sided and I know alot of people who hate the pairing them liking it.
Old 2007-05-16, 00:00   Link #1287
evenex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodymix View Post
Ichi x Ruki is definetly the most popular pairing in Bleach. If you go to their official fan page you can see. Ichi x Ori fan site is gone now cause they only had around 100 members. And Ichi x Ruki fan sites has over 1000 members. As for the anti-Rukia peoples, Ichi x Ori fanz have nothing better to do than talk bad about Rukia cause in the manga Orihime is jealous of Rukia. And Rukia has a closer bond to Ichigo and Rukia is 3 times as Orihime according to the official poll.

And as for the poll I'm not suprised at all Ichi x Ori came 50. It's one-sided and I know alot of people who hate the pairing them liking it.
So true. And why the heck would people expect Ichi x Ori to be in the top 10? I went to alot of Japanese sites like these and most people hate this pairing

Spoiler:

As for the anti-Rukia thing, most Ori fanz are anti-Rukia fan and unfortunatley, they stand out alot. If you look at Rukia fansites and Orihime fansites, Rukia has about 1300 members while Orihime fansite only has 100 members. And in the official Bleach poll Rukia had higher vote than Orihime.
Old 2007-05-16, 00:30   Link #1288
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
the relationship between ichigo and Rukia is different, Ichigo vowed to protect her god knows how many times because she is what changed ichigo's world by giving him shinigami powers. Ichi and Rukia understand each other very well and share feelings but the feelings aren't best described as romantic.
The same can be said about Ichi x Ori. So far we don't see any scene where theres a hint that Ichigo loves Orihime. Plus the scene where Ichigo said he promised to protect Rukia with his 'Soul', I say that was quite a romantic scene. Of course, Ichigo is never going to say 'I'm going to protect Rukia cause I love her' but when he protected Rukia from SS, the readers could tell he he did it because Rukia is more that a nakama to him. And with Orihime it was more like 'Sorry you got injured. Next time I'll be there for you'

Quote:
Ichigo was too scared to face Inoue after everything that happened to him(losing to the Arrancar and the whole Hollow thing) that's why Rukia dragged him along, its not like he said what he said just for rukia's sake is it?
But I won't put his speech in a romantic way.

Quote:
ishida x inoue is impossible right as of now, we havent seen anything between ishida and inoue, and do you honestly thing inoue would lose her feelings for ichigo so easily? unless kubo has some tricks up his sleeve it just seems that way for me.
To tell you the truth, Ishida x Orihime relationship is more developed than Ichi x Ori. In SS arc Ishida and Inoue understood each other. Ishida understood that even if they are an enemy, Orihime could never harm anyone. Orihime understood Ishida cause about his whole quincy and Shinigami thing. And with Ichi x Ori relationship, Orihime wants to understand Ichigo but the person who understands Ichigo the most is Rukia.

Quote:
but in the end i dont think anything will happen, it'll probably just end with a smile between rukia and ichigo in a warm evening sunset at the end or atleast i predict
I think it's going to be a Ichi x Ruki ending too. If KT is smart enough he should know want sort of endings fanz want. I hope...

Wow, that was long. And I can't get bothered double checking it for mistakes. Maybe after...
Old 2007-05-16, 00:46   Link #1289
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Lol, it's those times again when someone brings up an argument supporting Ichi x Ori and the whole Ichi x Ruki fanz come bashing in.

But yea, I think most people prefer a Ichi x Ruki ending where it's not too cheesy, ruining the whole plot of Bleach :P

In my opinion I like where the Ichi x Ruki relationship is heading. It's not drawn over the top and the readers could tell they are meant for each other. With Ichi x Ori relationship KT has done nothing special about it, like "The Rain drags the Black Sun Down, but the White Moon dried up the Rain" or "Memories In The Rain". With Ichi x Ori relationship you just need to look at it from the surface but Ichi x Ruki has a relationship in the very deep way
Old 2007-05-16, 01:01   Link #1290
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenex View Post
So true. And why the heck would people expect Ichi x Ori to be in the top 10? I went to alot of Japanese sites like these and most people hate this pairing
Well, Ichigo x Orihime is typically the second-most popular pairing around here so I found it surprising it did so poorly in Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenex View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Lol, it's those times again when someone brings up an argument supporting Ichi x Ori and the whole Ichi x Ruki fanz come bashing in.
It'd be nice if the Ichigo and Orihime fans were vocal more often so I could come bashing in more frequently. Unfortunately, I think Naive's ardent replies scared off a bunch of them.
Old 2007-05-16, 01:20   Link #1291
SaraPandora27

No offence but I just wish that the OrixIchi fans can at least put up some good arguments based on solid fact and credible evidence. All I've seen so far are half-baked points and even some who still bent on the OrixIchi pairing because of the hair colour . Oh, please, COME ON!

I'd be more interested if they can pose some parts from the manga suggesting the possible romance between Ichigo and Orihime.

IchixRuki fans however are the complete opposite and I enjoy reading their counter arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam E View Post
Well, Ichigo x Orihime is typically the second-most popular pairing around here so I found it surprising it did so poorly in Japan.

Spoiler:

It'd be nice if the Ichigo and Orihime fans were vocal more often so I could come bashing in more frequently. Unfortunately, I think Naive's ardent replies scared off a bunch of them.
Old 2007-05-16, 01:31   Link #1292
Leous

Quote:
Lol what can I say people here know what they like, so it's no suprise to me that they bash (or should I say destory ) any argument against Ichi x Rukia and any support for Ichi x Orhi
Quote:
Yes Do Come In ( says the spider to the fly). Your more then welcome to voice your opinion (Leous>>>>> sharpen his knife and laugh evil waiting)
Old 2007-05-16, 03:54   Link #1293
sorbet
vicious fan

Quote:
Not only in Japan though, most Asian fans don't like IchiOri pairing at all. HitsuHina, GinRan and now UlqOri are way more popular than IchiOri from the beginning. It's only in the english fandom where it's the second most popular pairing.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ch 237:

Quote:
Now IchiOri fans have their own little forum I doubt we'll see them more. Not that I miss them and their weak arguments that much.

Last edited by sorbet; 2007-05-16 at 04:47.
Old 2007-05-16, 04:19   Link #1294
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorbet View Post
Not only in Japan though, most Asian fans don't like IchiOri pairing at all. HitsuHina, GinRan and now UlqOri are way more popular than IchiOri from the beginning. In fact only when I entered english fandom that I realised IchiOri is the second most popular pairing.
Not really, when you look at their official fansites Ichigo and Orihime's one got deleted cause only like 100 members joined in. Gin x Ran, Hitsu x Hina and all those other pairings has about 400 members or less. Ren x Ruki has around 500 members and Ichi x Ruki fansite has over 1000 members (and the sites are in english)

One of my m8 lives in Japan and I asked him about these whole 'pairing' thing in Bleach and he said 'Most people in Japan support Ichi x Ruki x Ren pairing and alot of people hate Ichi x Ori pairing' which I was glad to hear.

Ichi x Ruki x Ren 4eva!

Quote:
Spoiler:
I found that scene alright. Except I find alot more Ichi x Ruki moments more romatic than that one-sided action.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-16, 05:09   Link #1295
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Spoiler for manga:

Last time i checked though, rukia is madly popular in Japan.

by the way, what the hell is with all the spoilers in here? Just in this page ive already seen "____ is dead". wtf?
Old 2007-05-16, 08:32   Link #1296
Tyan

Unlike everyone else, I don't feel much hate for the "I-love-you-so-much-Kurosaki-kun-and-I-would-fall-in-love-you-over-and-over-again" scene. The whole thing about Orihime being in love with Ichigo is always centered around herself, and I actually find it interesting how she could become so obsessed with him. I wonder what Kubo is planning for her.

I once read (as an argument for IchiOri); "I definitely ship IchiHime. They care so much about each other".... ehe, yeah. It always surprises me to see people who actually believe Ichigo is in love with her. Even now, it's doesn't even seem like there's a chance that he'll fall in love with her - but to believe he already is? I wonder what they're seeing. Or perhaps I'm just so blind with Ichigo and Rukia that I simply can't understand their thoughts. Yeah, that may be it.

It's good to see people being a little bit nicer with Rukia over in Asia. It always pains me to see anti-Rukia posts.

(.. I'm sorry for not making so much sense in this post, I just felt like writing random things. )
Old 2007-05-16, 09:34   Link #1297
Seda
Bleach Follower

Send a message via MSN to Seda
IchigoxRukia all the way... ^-^

Last edited by Seda; 2007-05-16 at 12:54.
Old 2007-05-16, 11:44   Link #1298
Jaimie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seda View Post
RenjixRukia all the way... ^-^
This is a thread about Ichigo/Rukia and Ichigo/Orihime.

My vote goes to Ichigo/Rukia, of course.
Old 2007-05-16, 11:54   Link #1299
sorbet
vicious fan

Seda: This is IchiOri or IchiRuki debate thread ^^ And from the latest development in manga, I'll say IshiRen has an upper hand right now.

@ Tyan: Ichigo and Orihime care so much about each other? After reading 275 (including this week spoiler) I fail to see how they care and understand each other.

The latest argument we have is Ichigo's secretly in love and how did we know it?

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by sorbet; 2007-05-16 at 13:12.
Old 2007-05-16, 12:49   Link #1300
Alea Misa

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by Alea Misa; 2007-05-18 at 17:33.
Closed Thread