Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 03:16   Link #141
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianna View Post
Which reminds me - I came across some pages of William and Hakim meeting as children Does anyone know if that was in some special book
It's the chapter 9 of "Emma, Bangai Hen".

Quote:
From iitran web site
The "Emma, Further Tales" manga fills in details from the "Emma" manga, both before and after the events in that storyline, now concluded.

Each chapter explores the motivations or simply shows a day in the life of a particular character from the story.

Find out about the romance between Doug and Kelly in their early days, or follow the adventures of Eleanor as she overcomes her heartache and begins to live again, or visit with Tasha and her family on her day off.
Old 2007-05-15, 06:02   Link #142
Karnot
Banned

The picture is as ugly and blurry as in the first season.
Anyone seen the DVDs ? Is it any better ?
Old 2007-05-15, 06:43   Link #143
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
emma picture usually blurry
btw the ending songs on emma second act already out or not???
Old 2007-05-15, 12:39   Link #144
Miles Teg

Spoiler for selected screenshot from episode 5:
Old 2007-05-15, 17:28   Link #145
servidor

I just saw the raw version of episode 5, knowing from IIchan's traslation of the manga what it is about, and I can't hardly wait to see the fansub.

I had mixed feeling about the episode, on one hand I have noticed that escenes of the episode, at the beginning as well as in past episodes, had a low quality animation, yet the finals escenes, especially the last were beautiful animated.

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2007-05-16, 01:16   Link #146
kira-sama

there's had a story further tales Eleanor
btw was the emma bangaihen chapter 9 already out??
Old 2007-05-16, 18:14   Link #147
kujoe
from head to heel

I just watched episode 5. And man, man, man... William, you idiot!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-17, 08:59   Link #148
whispers
IIChan Translation Group

http://torak.no-ip.info/tracker/torr...5D.avi.torrent

Eleanor shows some ankle! Emma gets some tail! Hakim, you Romeo, you! It's time for yet another maidtastic episode!

DANCE DANCE DANCE
Old 2007-05-17, 09:36   Link #149
wao
OK.

kujoe basically said it spot on. I agree 100% with every word of that post of his - have you been reading my mind? God, that last scene... I had seen it in the manga but it just made me go all a-flutter and oooooh....

Dammit! *tears hair out*

Spoiler:

No surprise that episode 5 was storyboarded by the director himself, of course....
Old 2007-05-17, 10:55   Link #150
katsumi
ghostly member

Episode 2

First I have to say, I really apreciate those trivia pieces at the end of each episode and this time it was a lot and added greatly to the context understanding. It's always nice to spend time with your favourite hobby and learning something kinda by-going

Before, I didn't care too much for Eleanor, but I can feel for her after this episode. It hurts to long for someone who clearly isn't interested.
William's little brother is just cute! I can understand how one look in his little face makes his elder sister & brother's heart melt.

The ending of the episode gives a feeling as if Emma's und William's path are going cross each other again in the future. (= Who is that woman on the portrait? A relative of William's?)
Old 2007-05-17, 12:10   Link #151
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumi View Post
The ending of the episode gives a feeling as if Emma's und William's path are going cross each other again in the future. (= Who is that woman on the portrait? A relative of William's?)
If you want to know before Episode 3:

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2007-05-17, 16:52   Link #152
katsumi
ghostly member

Ah, thanks servidor, I thought so, but wasn't sure about it.
Old 2007-05-18, 06:35   Link #153
hailstorm

I just watched Episode 3 and I shall share some insights from my brilliant gutter mind.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-18, 12:55   Link #154
kira-sama

just watched episode 3
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-18, 13:01   Link #155
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmmm..as much as i love this series, and more in love with Emma's character..I still cant like William very much in Season 2. William is a guy who gives up rather easily. Even though it may be impossible for him to find Emma again, but i wish he had tried to do something about his dependance on his family's wealth. After all, William really doesnt have an identity of his own. Iwish he tried to establish himself independantly, and live with Emma away from his family.

But then again, it is obviously easier said than done. But still, William softening up to Eleanor just because she likes him, is a very bad move, since he still loves Emma, and this way, he will end up hurting Eleanor even more.
Old 2007-05-18, 13:59   Link #156
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
kujoe basically said it spot on. I agree 100% with every word of that post of his - have you been reading my mind?
No, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
But then again, it is obviously easier said than done. But still, William softening up to Eleanor just because she likes him, is a very bad move, since he still loves Emma, and this way, he will end up hurting Eleanor even more.
You already said it yourself. The realities of his situation place him in a seemingly no win situation. Class distinctions, responsibility to the family and adherence to the norms of society... Disregarding such things are never a simple matter despite how good one's intentions are. I can't really blame him for succumbing to these pressures, which further serve to heighten the romantic aspect of this love story.

However while I find his softening up to Eleanor somewhat distasteful, I also read it as his way of trying to move on as fast as possible—and ultimately, failing at it. Moreover, I think it would be quite mean of him to simply shove her off out of his life, but then being all gentlemanly and kind sure doesn't help his situation. He should've just taken a vacation or something instead.

There's something intimately tragic about every major player in the show. And while I find some characters more likeable than others, I really can't say if I'm able to dislike anyone at all. I guess for me, that's a sign of a good story. (Yes, that includes Eleanor's parents...)

Last edited by kujoe; 2007-05-18 at 14:10.
Old 2007-05-18, 22:51   Link #157
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3.

Wait... what? HOOLY CRAAP!

I mean, the wheel turns, even if it is turning slowly. But, it looks like we're starting to see the first step in Emma and William reuniting... as well as a new, veeery interesting element being introduced.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-22, 09:06   Link #158
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Ok, I just want to say sign me up for a dark haired guy with hairy side-burns that kicks ass. Hahahaha!! I'm just commenting on episode 1. Of course by now everyone is up to the later episodes. I not to long ago finished ep. 3.
Again thanks to Iichan for those wonderful references notes. Man talk about the days.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2007-05-22 at 13:06.
Old 2007-05-22, 09:38   Link #159
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 3.
...as well as a new, veeery interesting element being introduced.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for element:
Old 2007-05-22, 18:32   Link #160
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer
Spoiler for element:
Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance, seinen