AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-06-13, 09:15   Link #21
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
I stick by my theory that Tobi IS Obito or if he isn't and IS from Konoha then he is a mole within Akatsuki and Jiraiya's spy.
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 09:40   Link #22
othafa

Jiraiya is shown several times providing information about the akatsuki that has nothing to do with Orochimaru, including information that could only have been obtained after Oro left the organization. He could only have obtained this if he was spying on Akatsuki himself, or if he had spies of some kind doing that for him.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 09:52   Link #23
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
Jiraiya is shown several times providing information about the akatsuki that has nothing to do with Orochimaru, including information that could only have been obtained after Oro left the organization. He could only have obtained this if he was spying on Akatsuki himself, or if he had spies of some kind doing that for him.
Such as...? Not saying that you're necessarily wrong. But I honestly can't think of any time where Jiraiya has provided information about Akatsuki that could only be obtained by someone inside the organization. Maybe I am overlooking the instances though. But if he did have all this info, why is that even post-timeskip Konoha still seems to be largely clueless about its members and the organization's intentions? Jiraiya should 've been able to provide them with that information.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 10:15   Link #24
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I dont think Yuura was working for Akatsuki.....but rather....he was working for Sasori
Old 2007-06-13, 10:16   Link #25
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Such as...? Not saying that you're necessarily wrong. But I honestly can't think of any time where Jiraiya has provided information about Akatsuki that could only be obtained by someone inside the organization. Maybe I am overlooking the instances though. But if he did have all this info, why is that even post-timeskip Konoha still seems to be largely clueless about its members and the organization's intentions? Jiraiya should 've been able to provide them with that information.
Maybe not, on the one hand your most likely right. If Tobi was a spy then Konoha would have a lot more information then they do now. But on the other hand, Jiraiya is a self proclaimed master of information gathering (or something to that effect). I doubt he'd do something as careless as telling every tid bit of information he receives from Akatsuki to Konoha. Especially since we're dealing with nine master shinobi here. Don't you think if he told Konoha everytime he found something new out it would tip off the AL or anyone else in that group that theres a spy in their ranks?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 10:31   Link #26
Mists

Tobi is from Konoha...he must be Obito, rescued by PLant man (I forget his name).

Of course Kishi could be playing us along and it would be...what? Sai's brother? It must be someone we know though...

I'm surprised Dedeira in the spoilers hasn't mentioned anything about Kakashi's level. I wonder if Kakashi gets on the scene and does his Mangekyuo, Sasuke is surprised, but Tobi is also. He didn't know he could obtain those eyes without killing his best friend, but now that his best friend has arrived........

Or perhaps he's been working up to have Deidera as his best friend. The thing is, why would Obito join Akatsuki? It must be some interesting revelation, I mean why would he join especially if he was upstaged by Itachi? Perhaps there's an interior mission within Akatsuki of some sort of betrayal, hence why he wears the mask and how he seemed to be a new character out of the blue who just joined after Sasori died.

I wonder about the 2 other members that replaces the two other dead...

And did Akatsuki suddenly start getting rid of the head protector with a scratch? Obviously tobi doesn't have one!
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 10:37   Link #27
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Tobi is from Konoha...he must be Obito, rescued by PLant man (I forget his name).

Of course Kishi could be playing us along and it would be...what? Sai's brother? It must be someone we know though...

I'm surprised Dedeira in the spoilers hasn't mentioned anything about Kakashi's level. I wonder if Kakashi gets on the scene and does his Mangekyuo, Sasuke is surprised, but Tobi is also. He didn't know he could obtain those eyes without killing his best friend, but now that his best friend has arrived........

Or perhaps he's been working up to have Deidera as his best friend. The thing is, why would Obito join Akatsuki? It must be some interesting revelation, I mean why would he join especially if he was upstaged by Itachi? Perhaps there's an interior mission within Akatsuki of some sort of betrayal, hence why he wears the mask and how he seemed to be a new character out of the blue who just joined after Sasori died.

I wonder about the 2 other members that replaces the two other dead...

And did Akatsuki suddenly start getting rid of the head protector with a scratch? Obviously tobi doesn't have one!
Maybe kishimoto doesnt want to show which villaige Tobi is from just yet
Old 2007-06-13, 10:39   Link #28
Mists

As much as everyone from the beginning suspected Tobi was Obito, I surely hope Kishi pulls this off. it can still be a great revelation even though we all basically think it's him.....
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 10:59   Link #29
itachi29al

If Tobi is obito then i think the reason he wears a mask is to hid his ugly face. After all half of his face.maybe more, was crushed with rocks.
Also if he is Obito shouldn't he know some fire Jutsus, i am pretty sure we saw him do some fire jutsus in gaiden.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 11:45   Link #30
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Maybe not, on the one hand your most likely right. If Tobi was a spy then Konoha would have a lot more information then they do now. But on the other hand, Jiraiya is a self proclaimed master of information gathering (or something to that effect). I doubt he'd do something as careless as telling every tid bit of information he receives from Akatsuki to Konoha. Especially since we're dealing with nine master shinobi here. Don't you think if he told Konoha everytime he found something new out it would tip off the AL or anyone else in that group that theres a spy in their ranks?
I agree about Tobi not being a spy, but what we were actually trying to determine is whether or not it's possible Kabuto could've known about Tobi and put his information in the black book. I don't think Kabuto had/has any spies in Akatsuki and that he got his info about Akatsuki from Oro and Sasori who were both members. Tobi became a full member only after Sasori died and Oro had long since left, so he shouldn't be in the book as a member. But we don't know how far back Tobi's history with Akatsuki goes, since Zetsu and Deidara both seem to know him well even before he became a member, so I guess the book could still contain info about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I dont think Yuura was working for Akatsuki.....but rather....he was working for Sasori
Which basically means he was Akatsuki's property. The AL sacrificed Sasori's subordinates for his transformation jutsu and Sasori whined about it a bit but ultimately didn't have much say on how they were used.

I was kinda confused about this passage in spoiler #3
Quote:

Scene switches to Naruto
There is no picture, birthplace entry on Tobi's page.

Naruto: What the hell is going on?
Yamato: What on earth is that!?
Hinata: ...

Under Tobi's picture, the birthplace is written. That place is Konoha.
It indicates that Tobi's page is blank with no picture or birthplace. Then a few lines later it mentions both the picture and birthplace. If somehow this spoiler turns out to be true, then I'd like to see that explained.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 11:55   Link #31
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

all 3 spoilers seem pretty fake.

Btw, why are they, especially yamato, surprised that more than one akatsuki member could be an ex konoha nin? They act as if Itachi is the only missing nin from konoha, as if its not possible there aren't other rogues out there. If I remember correctly, the very first story in naruto opens with a rogue konoha nin who uses naruto to steal a scroll for a hated konoha enemy.

The fact that yamato of all people is surprised, yamato the guy who wasn't shocked at all sort of weird sights from the kyubi-transformation of naruto to kakuzu's ragged appearance before his death, is proof enough that its a big fake. I mean, remember what he said when he first saw kakuzu and talked to kakashi? It was so matter of fact his tone was. LOL. FAKE!
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 12:10   Link #32
naruto89

im led to believe that in the 3rd spoiler there is sum confusion as to whether it definately names "konoha" as tobi's birthplace, possibly a translator's mistake ?
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 13:12   Link #33
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I think it would be a real amazing thing if it turned out that Tobi = Jiraiya
Old 2007-06-13, 13:17   Link #34
Advent
Cloud

tobi cant be possibly jiraiya because jiraiya can never be a good boy!!!
Advent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 13:33   Link #35
naruto close friend

I heard that naruto has a form of sharingon called the orange odama Sharangon is this true?
naruto close friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 14:11   Link #36
cani
Thatīs my way of ninja

nope..bullshit
cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 14:37   Link #37
SemiRayman

Send a message via MSN to SemiRayman
I do think that Jiraiya has a spy is within the organisation, but i reli dnt think tht Tobi is Obito, i kinda cant see that one happening...but hey weirder things have happened
SemiRayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 15:56   Link #38
Sasuke_Bateman
No

I just pray to god Tobi isn't Obito, i don't wanna be wrong.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 16:15   Link #39
rman0099
On my nut

As much as I argued against Tobi being Obito, Kishi has been setting him up to be Obito pretty good. Look at his reactions...Falling over, overly worried and emotional towards his partener, and of course the one eye hole. Kishi makes Tobi seem like an emotional wuss like Obito used to be.

The only thing that bugs me is that after his sharingan was activated, Obito did act a bit tougher. I just don't get how Tobi could be Akatsuki if he is as weak as he is acting or why Kishi would make the character take a step backward (if he proves to be Obito). There must be something else there behind his act.....Nobody likes weak/whiny Akatsuki. They're supposed to be the ultimate bad guys!!
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 16:31   Link #40
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099 View Post
The only thing that bugs me is that after his sharingan was activated, Obito did act a bit tougher. I just don't get how Tobi could be Akatsuki if he is as weak as he is acting or why Kishi would make the character take a step backward (if he proves to be Obito). There must be something else there behind his act.....Nobody likes weak/whiny Akatsuki. They're supposed to be the ultimate bad guys!!
That doesn't have to be true. Sometimes people are considered criminals because they helped a criminal or is associating with one. In this case if Tobi is Obito then he became a criminal by associating with Zetsu not because of strength. Also a S-rank criminal can be considered one based on brains, strength, or history. It doesn't have to be strength that makes Tobi an S-rank criminal.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote