Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-17, 11:48   Link #181
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Indeed. Right now, she's kind of a ghost/vampire hybrid in terms of magic signature. If Franken removes the vampire signature from her, she'll be a full-fledged ghost who can exist on her own in the Demon World again. However, there's probably more to it than that, hence why Wolf doesn't want him to do that.

Fuyumi has a bit of Staz's vampire magic inside of her, along with the ghost magic she already had. This means she needs to recharge on both to exist in the Demon World and just absorbing ghost magic apparently isn't enough to sustain her, meaning she must drink Staz's blood regularly to keep on existing (at least until Staz can find a way to bring her back to life)..
Watched the sixth episode, and the plot is nicely patching up together and thickening to the next level.

I'm very convinced that Staz fight against Akim was just a test side-show for Braz to witness his little brother's, unlocked magic potential for the real reason he took the trouble of going down to the commoner's Demon World. Now that the deal is in effect, Braz's is using it as a leverage so that Staz cannot refuse to do what he truly intends.

Moreover, both Franken and HydraBell were involved with the magic-spatial user that not only stole Hydra's magic, but also delivered as a literal present to Franken's doorstep the core body that will be used to make Akim.
I'm wondering now, if Braz's also connected to the whole equation theater with the mystery and elusive thief.

BTW, ....

Never mess with shounen manga and anime. And, never mess with the guy that came with the ultimate move that Staz's was interrupted from doing.

We love anime and manga so much, and so we respect the guy who made that move the trademark of his.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 19:35   Link #182
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep7:
Old 2013-08-18, 22:22   Link #183
GundamZZ
残念美人

It's quite clever that they show the handles for standing passengers.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 01:52   Link #184
Traece
:cool:

You know, Liz might be one of my favorite little sisters to date. She doesn't whine, or scream, or act unruly. She's not violent, nor overly resentful. She's cute, and childish, but adaptable. I really wish her character had considerably more screen time, because she really is a great character! Even if she is a bad girl.

Caught up these last three episodes, now that I'm getting out of my slump a bit. As always, the anime references and real world references were too much for me. The DBZ bits were great, but even those scenes paled in comparison to Miyazaki. I lost it when he said that.
Old 2013-08-19, 09:44   Link #185
ookamigirl

It was fun watching Staz team up with his bro and sis.
Staz and his siblings are living in a totally different worlds.
It's amazing how different they are, despite being family.
Well, at least Staz was bonding with his sis.
Looks like the kid just needed someone to spend time with her.
I wonder what his brother is scheming though...
Nice episode this time, really enjoyed it ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 12:39   Link #186
kuromitsu

Well, this was cute. Liz's issues and her warming up to Staz wasn't anything new or particularly interesting, but she was adorable with that stuffed doll, and Fuyumi finally got some development... well, perhaps not, but in any case, she got to do something on her own and by her own will before she was back to being a damsel in distress. I don't really mind, though. She's cute.

Perhaps it was due to the different situations Brazz was in this episode, but I liked Kimura Ryouhei a lot better than in the previous ep. And on the seiyuu front, we have Kaji Yuuki as a character who might be Bell's brother? (He kind of looks like her, and it would explain where the clothes that she gave Staz came from.)

As for Staz himself, I must admit he's starting to annoy me a little. For one, I still don't really see any chemistry between him and Fuyumi (although it was nice to see him being upset about not being there when she needed him). And two, his general attitude combined with his newfound power is just a bit too much for me. :/ I hope a change will come soon...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-08-19 at 12:53.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 14:49   Link #187
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

You know I should be seriously annoyed at Fuyumi being a DiD all the time, but I"m not ...

Great episode. Liz is too damn cute.
Old 2013-08-19, 21:58   Link #188
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Blood lad is so amazing. I've seen it through episode 6 so far. All of the characters are really well done. I never actually read the manga before, but I love the anime. The animation is really amazing. I find the cartoony animation preferable to most "upscale" animation for some reason (even SNK or Railgun animation...)

His parody of Goku... was hilarious Makes me love Staz.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 23:15   Link #189
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

He failed to use Goku's signature move because he said he was just a mere poser. XD lol
I couldn't stop laughing when Braz shot Fuyumi on her boobs or between those bulges. Raise your hand and start cheering. This anime can't fail to amaze me.
Old 2013-08-20, 13:12   Link #190
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

It's weird. Fuyumi has been a Damsel in Distress for half of the show now and hasn't really gotten much development, aside from what we got in this episode. And yet, I like her. She'd make a great older sister for Liz and I found it funny how she scoffed at Staz for disliking her food, especially because Liz really liked it.

So now the question is, can Braz really find a way to revive Fuyumi, or is she stuck to being a ghost forever? And what ls the catch? Also, can Staz find a way to keep Fuyumi from being kidnapped all the time?
Old 2013-08-20, 14:08   Link #191
erhyka

Yeah I'm not liking the whole damsel in distress, but I guess she can't really do much about it since she's currently pretty powerless. I do like her character though, mostly because she serves as an older sister figure to Liz, whose obviously a very lonely child.
erhyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 15:28   Link #192
SQA

Quote:
It's weird. Fuyumi has been a Damsel in Distress for half of the show now and hasn't really gotten much development, aside from what we got in this episode. And yet, I like her. She'd make a great older sister for Liz and I found it funny how she scoffed at Staz for disliking her food, especially because Liz really liked it.

So now the question is, can Braz really find a way to revive Fuyumi, or is she stuck to being a ghost forever? And what ls the catch? Also, can Staz find a way to keep Fuyumi from being kidnapped all the time?
Fuyumi is an obvious "plot device character", but rather than make her a blank slate, they did the smart thing: she's just a generally normal high school student with big breasts. She acts fairly normal and is attempting to not lose it over the insane world she'd been dropped into.

This series would be a lot worse if they tried to make her character on-par with the rest of the cast. You can't do that with a human in a non-human setting. At least without going really nuts.

Though I am grateful they didn't make her "too normal". Because the reality is any normal high school girl would be on her 3 mental breakdown at this point. That would have gotten old (and killed the comedy) quite a while ago.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 03:00   Link #193
Calca
Expressionless

Liz is very squeezable
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 07:34   Link #194
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:

I thought pretty much nothing of Fuyumi at all before this week - didn't like or dislike her. I was fine with that because this is a cast full of larger-than-life personalities, so one character being a plot-driver is fine. But she had a good week - her interactions with Liz were easily her best moments of the series.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 12:11   Link #195
TrueDevil
Not from this world

Nah I dont really like Fuyumi except for maybe her boobs.
Its the same with the door space chick she is far too annoying but I guess she has her place in the anime.
Wolf and Staz are really well made as characters especially their friendship and past is really well written.
Though I dont like how weak Wolf is in comparison to Staz it was still a good fight.
Oh yeah and lol STAZ WHAT A POSER!
TrueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 06:54   Link #196
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.7

so staz & family arrive give fuyumi some blood & meet staz's brother & sister now to staz's base have lunch give both staz & bell don't trust staz's brother give a mini ring only fuyumi can do 3 times call liz.

then staz & his brother grab fuyumi get some dna give seem "hmm" cause staz still bother by his brother & that after he left tell liz keep watch.

during which liz got stuff animal from staz, fuyumi's cooking, anime watch, & even bath time with fuyumi got all fine til fuyumi gone missing.

so staz go like tell everyone find fuyumi doing all type of searching or staz go wild to smash the demon world & have liz find fuyumi as well cause their older brother put tracker on fuyumi & suspect is assume is blonde guy.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 11:39   Link #197
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

There were lots of stuff going around in the seventh episode.

How much Braz cannot be trusted? and how much he will keep on acting suspicious?

He's now gone to work entirely inside his lab and wants no outside interruptions, hence, his reasons to tell Liz not to come to Acropolis, until he says otherwise.

If Bell doesn't dare to come up of a itsy, bitsy thought about attempting to play cute and fooling around Braz, that's because Braz himself is a super power on it's own to be reckoned with, though I believe sincerely that magically-unlocked Staz is capable now to stand against Braz.

Ok. So we have Liz staying at Staz's under Brazs' orders, but while at the beginning she remained sort of hostile and fearful, it was thanks to Fuyumi (and let us not forget Staz's anime and the toy doll he purchased for her), that the bratty vamp kid eventually started to warm up and leaving her conch shell.

Those were nice moments spending with Fuyumi and Staz; the three of them like a sort of creepy, supernatural, but loveable family spending the afternoon watching cute anime movies.

Now for the bad news was that Fuyumi sort of got spirited away, though the uncertainty lies if she truly fade out of existence? or if she was abducted during the midst of the night?

Staz suspected that Braz might be involved in such dirty business?

Yet, we still have our mysterious blond stranger, who might have had a hand in such doing.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 21:21   Link #198
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

ep. 8

Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-25, 23:04   Link #199
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep8:
Old 2013-08-26, 01:31   Link #200
Calca
Expressionless

From the looks of the preview, I'd say Bell's mom kidnapped Fuyumi just to force her to cosplay.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen