5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.47%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-13, 05:58   Link #181
Stretch5920

I guess Suzaku forgot about Shirley basically throwing herself off a building earlier that day. That's not suicidal behaviour at all.

Anyway it's completely normal for people to be more angry/emotional about what happens to Kallen than what happens to a bunch of no name people. You are supposed to care about what happens to characters more than nobodies.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:02   Link #182
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Anyway it's completely normal for people to be more angry/emotional about what happens to Kallen than what happens to a bunch of no name people. You are supposed to care about what happens to characters more than nobodies.
Ugh, no you're not. In general (in Bokurano they had a very nice discussion about this) and also in this particular episode: Sunrise wants you to realize that Lulu is doing something wrong. They deliberately showed the black knights doubting their mission and CC in tears - the viewer is supposed to second guess Lulu's actions.

Shinji: You're completely right.
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:03   Link #183
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Yeah its like Suzaku's acts of heroism while trying to kill himself. People had a problem with that. Lelouch is deluding himself now too.
How is he deluding himself? He knows he's doing it for revenge. That why he wanted to be there to:-

A.Have a good gloat at V.V.
B.Hopefully Kill V.V.
C.Be sure the cult is gone.

He may blame them for what happened with Shirely but in kmow way does he think what he's doing is heroic. What needs to be done yes, but not heroic.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:08   Link #184
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
Ugh, no you're not. In general (in Bokurano they had a very nice discussion about this) and also in this particular episode: Sunrise wants you to realize that Lulu is doing something wrong. They deliberately showed the black knights doubting their mission and CC in tears - the viewer is supposed to second guess Lulu's actions.

you missed my point. People will care about what happens to a character more than a bunch of nobodies. Nowhere did I say that Lelouch/Suzaku is right/wrong.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:09   Link #185
Aquaman OS

That's the point. He's thinking he's avenging Shirley when in reality they had nothing to do with it. It was his fault for getting her involved and keeping Rolo around and Rolo's fault for killing her. He's using them as a scapegoat.

Yeah its probably better for the world if they die but that's not what Lelouch is focusing on. He wants them dead because of Shirley. He's deluding himself.

In season 1 Suzaku was pulling off heroic acts like saving Lelouch and saving the hostages which were good things, but Suzaku really only wanted to die.

He's doing a good thing and deluding himself into thinking he's doing it for that reason but deep down, he's doing it for his own selfish behavior.

Meanwhile Suzaku is preparing to drug Kallen, because it's a necessery evil to finding out the truth about Zero so he can make a move on him before he kills anyone else.
Who's the hypocrite now?
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:11   Link #186
Galerian

Well Lulu crossed the line in this episode. Good thing he didn't bring Todo and Li. They would probably start a mutiny on the spot, even if they knew precisely what was going on in that underground city. His chosen entourage is a good indication that Lulu himself also knows that if word gets out of this massacre, he'll have a true mutiny on his hands.

The black knights have an country of their own now, powerful allies and a well developed military. I wouldn't be suprised at all if they just decided that they don't need Zero anymore after they find out what he has done.

Cornelia: How Bad-ass can you get? Finding a damaged Gekka, thinking 'Hmmm, design is good, but it needs more guns' and equipping it with said guns all by herself in record time. How she managed to lift the weapons etc. is beyond me, but as long as Cornelia is responsible I am totally buying it!
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:12   Link #187
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I haven't seen the episode yet since I didn't have the time, but from the screenshots I saw... Kallen's hot. More so than before. I guess the whole leaving her out one episode did the trick.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:13   Link #188
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post

Clearly, Lelouch's crew didn't undertsand why they had to do this. It seems they really didn't undestand why they had to kill women, children, men they didn't even know...

As you said, I guess even C.C. didn't think he will go that far. The plan was to take control of the Cult and use it against V.V., but Lelouch doesn't care anymore about C.C. or even his crew, he acts like a fool who only wants revenge. He will pay for this sooner or later.
Daniani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:14   Link #189
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
That's the point. He's thinking he's avenging Shirley when in reality they had nothing to do with it. It was his fault for getting her involved and keeping Rolo around and Rolo's fault for killing her. He's using them as a scapegoat.

Yeah its probably better for the world if they die but that's not what Lelouch is focusing on. He wants them dead because of Shirley. He's deluding himself.

In season 1 Suzaku was pulling off heroic acts like saving Lelouch and saving the hostages which were good things, but Suzaku really only wanted to die.

He's doing a good thing and deluding himself into thinking he's doing it for that reason but deep down, he's doing it for his own selfish behavior.

Meanwhile Suzaku is preparing to drug Kallen, because it's a necessery evil to finding out the truth about Zero so he can make a move on him before he kills anyone else.
Who's the hypocrite now?
Well Suzaku had a hardon for revenge in Ep 24+25 which caused him to drop his no killing principle and gank the OotBK. He wanted revenge on Zero and if you got in his way tough shit. Lulu is just doing what Suzaku did.

Plus Rolo was sent from the cult and he killed Shirely. In a way it was very indirectly rseponsible. When people lose someone they love they don't think rationally and just want to blame someone. In Lulu's case the cult were the patsies.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:15   Link #190
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
My, my...

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:16   Link #191
Aquaman OS

But thats exactly what Suzaku was doing.

They now have both done good/necessery evil for the greater good, only to satisfy their own selfish desires, atoning for killing father/atoning for getting Shirley killed/vengence.

If Mao were still around he'd have a field day with Lelouch now.
Old 2008-07-13, 06:18   Link #192
mayaramayana
A proof is an argument.

Lelouch and Suzaku have same aims. But they go through different ways. Now, probably neither Lulu nor Suzaku are going through the right path.

We don't even know if the right path really exists.....

This episode is really... deep, somehow...
mayaramayana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:19   Link #193
Galerian

Quote:
Who's the hypocrite now?
Well at least Suzaku didn't open fire a few episodes back when all the Black Knights dressed up as Zero, because that is what Zero/lulu would have done judging from what he did in this episode.

With regards to ethics, I think it is save to say that Suzaku values innocent lives a lot more than Zero. Sure he is going to drug Kallen, but that just cold. It is not evil. Kallen is a know Black Knight. Sure Suzaku is violating our world's rules on how to treat POW's, but that is about it.

To rival Lulu in this episode he should have threatened to shoot an innocent child he plucked from the streets if Kallen didn't tell him what he wanted to know.
Old 2008-07-13, 06:20   Link #194
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post

Plus Rolo was sent from the cult and he killed Shirely. In a way it was very indirectly rseponsible. When people lose someone they love they don't think rationally and just want to blame someone. In Lulu's case the cult were the patsies.
No one said that isn't true but if someone kills someone who is important to me, I could kill the culprit, but that doesn't mean I will say "the world has to recognize I'm right". If I do something like that, I will be send to prison, I know I will have to pay for what I did. That's even more wrong if I kill the family of the one I hate. That's what Lelouch is doing.

I understand Lelouch, he's acting like a human, but that doesn't mean he was not wrong.
Old 2008-07-13, 06:20   Link #195
Aquaman OS

To rival Lelouch he would have had to have gone to kill Lelouch in cold blood anyway without confirming if he was Zero just in case he might be a danger later on.
Old 2008-07-13, 06:23   Link #196
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ahahahaha! Brilliantly done, Lelouch!!
Spoiler for ep14:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:27   Link #197
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahahahaha! Brilliantly done, Lelouch!!
Spoiler for ep14:
Did you see how the Cult People reacted??? They didn't seem to have any grudge against CC.. V.V. takes CC place and the Cult people are just pawns who are afraid and used by V.V..
Old 2008-07-13, 06:29   Link #198
Galerian

Quote:
To rival Lelouch he would have had to have gone to kill Lelouch in cold blood anyway without confirming if he was Zero just in case he might be a danger later on.
That would actually make sense to me. Killing him wouldn't even be necessary though. Taking him to the Imperial Capital and throwing him in a well secured jail would have done just fine. It would be completely logical with regards to 'not taking any chances'.

But this is a whole different discussion.
Old 2008-07-13, 06:33   Link #199
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniani View Post
Did you see how the Cult People reacted??? They didn't seem to have any grudge against CC.. V.V. takes CC place and the Cult people are just pawns who are afraid and used by V.V..
Hmm? Of course, they screamed and regretted they ever came to the place. Or are you talking about how they reacted to C.C.?
Yeah, C.C. seemed close to them and vice-versa...
Mah, the anime doesn't seem to plan to show anything on what they did, so I can't tell whether they were all forced or not. They were there, they did something, wrong place at the right time, deletion, OK. Though even if it isn't OK, they are dead now and I never knew them to care about them, so I'm not exactly going to feel sad over their deaths.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 06:45   Link #200
Riful
Of The West

Those scientists said to CC "Did you come to save us?". Not sure if they meant save from that attack or save from the order ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Mah, the anime doesn't seem to plan to show anything on what they did, so I can't tell whether they were all forced or not. They were there, they did something, wrong place at the right time, deletion, OK. Though even if it isn't OK, they are dead now and I never knew them to care about them, so I'm not exactly going to feel sad over their deaths.
That's a very very sad thing to say. Really ... you don't have to feel sad, but you shouldn't feel like it doesn't matter at all either. "wrong place wrong time" is simply cruel ...
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote