Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-06, 13:36   Link #20721
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post

‘Long Live Zimmerman’ Spray Painted On Ohio State’s Black Cultural Center

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/0...ltural-center/

Oh yes, long live Zimmerman, especially since he shot to death a no good black person. Obviously Trayvon had it coming to him.

Zimmerman should get jail time for causing public outcry and social disharmony due to his incompetence alone. I really mean that.
Old 2012-04-06, 14:10   Link #20722
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In some sad way, its kind of funny watching how stupid the "white power" and "neo-nazi" types are in responding to this tragedy.... "rah rah rah.... uh, isn't Zimmerman kind of half-white or sumthin'? And what kind of name is Zimmerman?"

Stupid *and* dangerous seems to be a popular theme...
Old 2012-04-06, 14:56   Link #20723
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

For those that back Zimmerman and are also racists, they can overlook the fact that Zimmerman is half Hispanic since he is also half white and Trayvon was black. So when Obama is half white-half black, it is the 'one drop rule', but when Zimmerman is half white-half Hispanic, it is a reverse direction of the 'one drop rule'. Wonderful bunch of people they are.
Old 2012-04-06, 14:59   Link #20724
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's a merit based thing, which you've got to admit is a step in the right direction from pure racism. Too bad the "merit" in this case is shooting an unarmed kid, but what the hey, baby steps.
Old 2012-04-06, 15:02   Link #20725
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In some sad way, its kind of funny watching how stupid the "white power" and "neo-nazi" types are in responding to this tragedy.... "rah rah rah.... uh, isn't Zimmerman kind of half-white or sumthin'? And what kind of name is Zimmerman?"

Stupid *and* dangerous seems to be a popular theme...
I can't wait for this to get out then.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-06, 15:14   Link #20726
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

New shootings in France:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17638387
Old 2012-04-06, 15:37   Link #20727
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Come to think of it, as of 2 days ago, it marked the 20th anniversary of the start of the Siege of Sarajevo. The siege is unique in a way that the defenders comprised of people from almost every European race/religion - Muslim, Orthodox, Catholics, Christians, Jews, etc; they put aside their differences and fought for their lives, and for the 11,541, to their deaths.

Our hearts go out those who lost people and parts of importance : they represent the best of humanity brought out by the ugliness of war.

Bosnia remembers war, still scarred and divided

May fate not let this happen again.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-06, 16:09   Link #20728
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wow, are we blasé or what? Hadn't even heard of it.
Old 2012-04-06, 16:42   Link #20729
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Events in Syria suggest otherwise.
Old 2012-04-06, 17:55   Link #20730
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That's an image spam that I think is a-ok in this case.... and ... of course, it will happen again because the people who need the lesson skip class.
Old 2012-04-06, 19:18   Link #20731
AnimeFan188

Navy jet crashes into Virginia apartments, at least 9 hurt

"A U.S. Navy F/A-18D fighter crashed soon after take-off into an apartment complex
in Virginia on Friday, sending fireballs into the sky, heavily damaging half-a-dozen
buildings and injuring nine people.

All the injuries, including those to the F/A-18 crew, were minor, officials said, but the
search of the Mayfair Mews apartment complex was not complete. Both crew
members ejected from the aircraft before it crashed into the buildings in Virginia
Beach, and one pilot was rescued while still strapped into his ejection seat.

Initial indications were the F/A-18D "suffered a catastrophic mechanical malfunction"
during a training flight, Navy Captain Mark Weisgerber said."

See:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8350EX20120406
Old 2012-04-06, 22:37   Link #20732
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Oh yes, long live Zimmerman, especially since he shot to death a no good black person. Obviously Trayvon had it coming to him.

Zimmerman should get jail time for causing public outcry and social disharmony due to his incompetence alone. I really mean that.
I agree.
Both sides on this need to wait until after the grand jury has its say and Zimmerman gets his day in court.

Zimmerman needs to be arrested for not following the suggestion of the 911 dispatch, since he clearly chased down Martin.
I don't care if Martin attacked him afterwards, the dumb bastard (Zimmerman) put himself in the situation to begin with.
Old 2012-04-06, 23:05   Link #20733
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's an image spam that I think is a-ok in this case.... and ... of course, it will happen again because the people who need the lesson skip class.
I wouldn't be surprised if the leader of thoses ''action'' do study that ''class'' a lot. The one following the orders in another hand....

Edit:
The Law of the Gun in Florida
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/op...n-florida.html
Tampa council delays vote on 'Clean Zone' protest rules for GOP convention
http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgo...ention/1223612
Old 2012-04-07, 00:10   Link #20734
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I agree.
Both sides on this need to wait until after the grand jury has its say and Zimmerman gets his day in court.

Zimmerman needs to be arrested for not following the suggestion of the 911 dispatch, since he clearly chased down Martin.
I don't care if Martin attacked him afterwards, the dumb bastard (Zimmerman) put himself in the situation to begin with.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trayvon attacked first but out of self defense. Some guy looking about 30-ish is stalking him in a bad neighborhood. Trayvon's girlfriend said he was on the phone with her shortly before he was shot (she even says she hears Zimmerman talk to him before the line goes dead) and he was telling her he was concerned about a threatening man following him. Zimmerman probably approached Trayvon and then perhaps reached into his jacket for his gun, and Trayvon attacked because he thought he was going for a weapon. Zimmerman ain't too bright, so maybe he walked right up to Trayvon, and actually pulled out his gun. Who wouldn't attack Zimmerman at that point? Many would try to wrestle the gun from his hands rather than 'see where things go from there'.

It's ironic. You have the Zimmerman supporters saying "he was standing his ground". It was probably really a matter of Trayvon standing his ground.
Old 2012-04-07, 00:47   Link #20735
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Edit:
The Law of the Gun in Florida
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/op...n-florida.html
Tampa council delays vote on 'Clean Zone' protest rules for GOP convention
http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgo...ention/1223612
That NYT piece is just complete hyperbolic bullshit.

The "Clean Zone" is about protestors like Tea Partiers and OWS, not "clubs, hatchets, switchblades, pepper spray, slingshots, chains, shovels and all manner of guns that shoot water, paint or air."
Thus the opinion piece is putting forward a strawman argument.
The hoplophobia of some people never ceases to amaze me.

By the rationale of the NYT opinion piece all "bladed-weapons" should be banned judging by what just happened in Hungary.

Man kills four in Hungary sword attack

http://in.news.yahoo.com/man-kills-f...035946174.html

It's ridiculous.

Urzu 7 wrote:
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Trayvon attacked first but out of self defense. Some guy looking about 30-ish is stalking him in a bad neighborhood. Trayvon's girlfriend said he was on the phone with her shortly before he was shot (she even says she hears Zimmerman talk to him before the line goes dead) and he was telling her he was concerned about a threatening man following him. Zimmerman probably approached Trayvon and then perhaps reached into his jacket for his gun, and Trayvon attacked because he thought he was going for a weapon. Zimmerman ain't too bright, so maybe he walked right up to Trayvon, and actually pulled out his gun. Who wouldn't attack Zimmerman at that point? Many would try to wrestle the gun from his hands rather than 'see where things go from there'.

It's ironic. You have the Zimmerman supporters saying "he was standing his ground". It was probably really a matter of Trayvon standing his ground.
It's a pity there were not more witnesses to this crime/tragedy.
I'd like to know who attacked who first.
My gut tells me it was Zimmerman who, either through incompetence or arrogance, is responsible no matter what.
The problem with this whole affair is that it is being completely blown out of proportion by the media (among others) and this does nothing to help get to the bottom of what actually happened.
Old 2012-04-07, 00:51   Link #20736
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is hard to get the story, or read the mind of a dead man.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:04   Link #20737
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
This is something I continually disagree with the left on, and one of many reasons why I can't be pigeonholed as a Democrat.

Gun control in its current form fails to accomplish its stated goals. It just doesn't work. Stop wasting money and time on it. Really, guys, just stop it. It's stupid. You'll ban weapons that look "menacing" (lol evil black rifles) yet are functionally no different than your grandfather's Browning .308 hunting rifle. You'll ban weapons with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. You'll ban accessories, flash suppressors, ported barrels and other accoutrements that aren't really an issue.

Do all of that, and criminals somehow still manage to get black market assault rifles. Real assault rifles, not civilian-legal replicas--actual fully-automatic military weapons. No matter how hard you shit out your "feel-good" gun laws, the bad guys still get guns.

Oh, I wonder why that is? Maybe it's because your punitive measures don't work. Repeating the same action and expecting a different result each time is a definition of insanity.

Gun control in America is stupid.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:07   Link #20738
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And the real assault rifles (and other fully automatic weapons) have been banned or restricted since the 1930s. Without any of these "feel good" laws.
Old 2012-04-07, 01:49   Link #20739
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And the real assault rifles (and other fully automatic weapons) have been banned or restricted since the 1930s. Without any of these "feel good" laws.
Yeah, and they still manage to get them somehow. The money should be put to use shutting down black market arms smugglers, not making me sign 200 pages of forms and wait two weeks to buy a .22 target pistol to go play with at the range.
Old 2012-04-07, 03:35   Link #20740
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Exclusive: Pakistani with U.S. bounty said helping de-radicalize militants
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8350BA20120406
Quote:
An Islamist leader who had a $10 million American bounty placed on his head this week has been helping Pakistan de-radicalize militants under efforts to stabilize the strategic U.S. ally, a top Pakistani counter-terrorism official said on Friday.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international