AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-14, 08:47   Link #201
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farodin View Post

On another note anyone else read those eyecatches.Really informative stuff.Just shows that atleast the producers or the author gave some thought about the world and its setting.
They've actually cut alot of the political and world building out of the anime.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 11:18   Link #202
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Yep it's still fanservice but at least it has a reason haha. But basically, Limlisha is not a Vanadis so she still had to wear full body armor (which was slightly changed here in the anime). Ellen does not need armor due to the magic sword will automatically protect the users so she relies more on mobility. Still, it's fanservice considering the design.

Well, it's definitely a harem series. No doubt about that. However, I don't think it's trying to disguise it at all. Like I said, it's harem but the primary focus is on something else. It's unlike SAO where it feels obviously "HEY LOOK AT ME! I'M HAREM... BUT I'M PRETENDING I'M NOT!". This one is more "I'm harem but currently I'm busy with the war and you will need to wait for a break once in a while."
That sounds a good deal better.

Quote:
On another note anyone else read those eyecatches.Really informative stuff.Just shows that atleast the producers or the author gave some thought about the world and its setting.
Attack on Titan did same thing and I rather liked. It's nice because it can bring about certain expositions that would otherwise be awkward in conversations. Admittingly this does not work so well when watching it live on tv though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Yeah, I had feeling that was case with the first 2 episodes. I'm guessing this only 1 cour if the studio is already compressing the novels to this degree.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-10-15 at 03:08. Reason: wording
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 11:33   Link #203
Farodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
This makes me curious.How much did they actually cut out?And if it's one cour how many volumes of the LNs will be adapted?
Farodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 13:05   Link #204
Enternal

Eye catches? I seen the 1st one but haven't seen the 2nd one. They don't seem to be that quickly subbed or I just can't find them. Could someone PM about them? But yeah like Iron Maw said, these really works out well since you can't really explained everything "live" in the story especially since it's an adaptation from a book.

Oh yeah, for those who probably wonder why they shot Zion in the hand instead of just killing him with a headshot,
Spoiler for Episode Spoiler:

Quote:
This makes me curious.How much did they actually cut out?And if it's one cour how many volumes of the LNs will be adapted?
Well, it's a quite a lot. Even in this episode, when Ellen and Tigre were heading off, there were talks about the battle strategy and prediction of what Zion would do. Internal monologs are also cut out a lot and those explained the slighting changing views and difficult feelings that Tigre had as he lived there with Ellen and the rest for a month. Basically he felt very welcomed there as an archer.

However like I said before, even though they cut out a lot of things, I still felt that the director have put a lot of thought into trying to adapt it the best that he could. Sure, it will never be the same as the novel due to lacking so many details including crucial details but there's a lot of effort as far as I'm seeing. Therefore, hopefully it will boost sales of the light novel significantly at least.

Anyway, they're trying to cram in 6 to 7 volumes into 13 episodes it seems.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 13:56   Link #205
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Eye catches?
There are three. Two in episode 1, and one for the second half of episode 2.

Quote:
Anyway, they're trying to cram in 6 to 7 volumes into 13 episodes it seems.
It's only 5 Volumes, and what they're cutting out is mostly fanservice scenes. Please check that the info you're posting is true before you post it, else people will think that the anime is trying to be a repeat of Magical Warfare when it's doing so much better.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 15:19   Link #206
ikramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
There are three. Two in episode 1, and one for the second half of episode 2.

It's only 5 Volumes, and what they're cutting out is mostly fanservice scenes. Please check that the info you're posting is true before you post it, else people will think that the anime is trying to be a repeat of Magical Warfare when it's doing so much better.
lol apart from removing most if not all world building, politics, economics and methodology. Also for the most part removing the character development and character interactions that take place in the source material and by doing so dumbing down the plot apart from that its JUST great. Also the anime left a lot of questions that were not only answered in LN but in alot detail also skiping one fanservice scene is not anything to write home about and adding dumb camera angles and breast bounce more than make up for it so you check your info btw were talking about the novel not manga.
ikramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 16:14   Link #207
Newhope

They haven't removed all that much so far.

Sneaking out of into the town wasn't all that important, the only thing I'd say that was important cut was Tigre asking about arifar and ellen telling Tigre to find out himself.

Other than that the pacing in episode one the anime is fine.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 16:30   Link #208
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikramit View Post
lol apart from removing most if not all world building, politics, economics and methodology. Also for the most part removing the character development and character interactions that take place in the source material and by doing so dumbing down the plot apart from that its JUST great. Also the anime left a lot of questions that were not only answered in LN but in alot detail also skiping one fanservice scene is not anything to write home about and adding dumb camera angles and breast bounce more than make up for it so you check your info btw were talking about the novel not manga.
Dude, the anime just started, calm down. Also, it appears they're pulling an Attack on Titan in the fact that they're adding supplementary information in the eyecatches instead of infodumping it in the actual show. If they're doing that, that means they're actually trying to put in as much information as possible within whatever constraints are on the anime.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 16:51   Link #209
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnnn, how to say this... Let the story tell itself?

Most of what some people were saying about the info and scenes that were left out, one can infer that they could/did happen on their own. You don't NEED all of the world building blocks already set up for everyone to see - that's not telling a story, that's selling a presentation. All of the other supplemental info can be added as the story goes. Besides, I just love seeing Ellen.
Old 2014-10-14, 21:54   Link #210
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnnn, how to say this... Let the story tell itself?

Most of what some people were saying about the info and scenes that were left out, one can infer that they could/did happen on their own. You don't NEED all of the world building blocks already set up for everyone to see - that's not telling a story, that's selling a presentation. All of the other supplemental info can be added as the story goes. Besides, I just love seeing Ellen.
I donno, from the other poster up there stating which stuffs are left out.

It feels like this series is going to be a "rush" one.

That means it will only have one season and end in one season.

Instead of whereas if you add in all those other left out stuff, you could basically add another 3~4 episodes or more (in which means you could have enough material later for a second season)

Either way, I am still reading the manga anyways, lol
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 22:18   Link #211
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Come on now, it can't get any worse than Sword Art Online. It spent all its time from episode 1 to 9 in meandering and frustrating episodes. People seems to often forget that anime is meant to just serve as an introduction to the people to seek the original materials like manga and light novels.

Let me give you another example. If you think you feel disappointed that it left out all the strategy and intricate battle plans in light novels then I can say the same for the anime 'Berserk'. No matter how great it is, it had numerous omissions that could've improved the anime. But that's another story.

I'm liking this anime. It does a lot of things right without the awkward transitions. Both main characters have very strong presence and two have the instant chemistries. Also the villain characters may be bad for the sake of being bad, it did a good job explaining the setting that there is a strong prejudice going on not like the certain anime airing this season. Unless it's the franchise that is already big and famous, I roll my eyes when I see some kind of criticisms these anime get when the most anime share the same flaws. One flaw I can only see as a legitimate criticism is the character of Titta as I suppose a lot of people could find her annoying, not me though. I like her quite more than Ellen.
Old 2014-10-15, 00:32   Link #212
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Come on now, it can't get any worse than Sword Art Online. It spent all its time from episode 1 to 9 in meandering and frustrating episodes. People seems to often forget that anime is meant to just serve as an introduction to the people to seek the original materials like manga and light novels.

Let me give you another example. If you think you feel disappointed that it left out all the strategy and intricate battle plans in light novels then I can say the same for the anime 'Berserk'. No matter how great it is, it had numerous omissions that could've improved the anime. But that's another story.

I'm liking this anime. It does a lot of things right without the awkward transitions. Both main characters have very strong presence and two have the instant chemistries. Also the villain characters may be bad for the sake of being bad, it did a good job explaining the setting that there is a strong prejudice going on not like the certain anime airing this season. Unless it's the franchise that is already big and famous, I roll my eyes when I see some kind of criticisms these anime get when the most anime share the same flaws. One flaw I can only see as a legitimate criticism is the character of Titta as I suppose a lot of people could find her annoying, not me though. I like her quite more than Ellen.
It's easy now, since most of the 1st novel is very easy to cut, but as it gets into the thick of things, it's hard...very hard....mahouka hard.

There's going to be grand army on army battles of epic back to back scales and stuff, even cutting down the bare minimum, it's still a lot of "thickness" that's hard to skip.

Unless they rewrite the middle to latter half of the first arc, it's going to feel like mahouka and it's "fanservice, boom, end" wtf style.

And the cast list...is pretty huge for the 1st arc as well.

----
trying to put historical accuracy to this is foolhardy, in fact most people that do it...are plainly wrong by the shrear fact they put in dinosaurism, aka, the era and the region of period of over 1000 years is use as agurment, when it can never happen because you are overlapping too big of a differation (read knight vs samurai *hint it can never happen, ever*).

It is very true that in our real history, no matter which region you are from, metals for anything is hard to come by, and proper constructed armor worse. This is not even considering good quality steel is worse off.

If the anime even attempted to be half ass realistic, it would spend it's entire budget on drawing the diffent half ass armors and designs in a single frame, as that's basically what soliders really had...crap-tastic armor (at worse they were self made from pots and other utensils, at best they were looted from previous wars)

Even if it was army elite brigade (which doesn't really exist in history) the armor of those may not even protect against arrows depending on the era, the design, the craftmanship and of course the weight of the bow class.

----

Finally, plate armor was very very rare until the late middle ages, even if it was restricted to head and chest...and well...only mounted attackers get those due to the shear problem of those in melee combat...and guess what.. while glancing blows are great and all... If you get hit by one straight on with an arrow...you are about as deadly as squirrel from the concussion.

Football helmets with proper shock absorbing materials (not to mention just fits) were not scientifically possible in those days. Getting hit in the head is a no no, no matter what you wear.

Last edited by kukuru; 2014-10-15 at 00:59.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 03:37   Link #213
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
While I'm agree that Anime's purpose are to boost popularity within the masses, I still don't think it's a good idea to decrease the satisfaction of the people who already read the source. They still need money from the BD/DVD sales after all.

Then again, I honestly think the anime is doing pretty well so far. Well, it's not great, but it's decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
It's easy now, since most of the 1st novel is very easy to cut, but as it gets into the thick of things, it's hard...very hard....mahouka hard.
Nah, it's nowhere near Mahouka level IMHO. Mahouka was a lot more complex with the explanations of magic relative stuffs and the world setting. Madan is more light compared to Mahouka.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 02:02   Link #214
stardrago

so, what are the chances that we would get to see some extended/extra scenes of the episodes when it comes out in DVD/Blu Ray, or by chance some ovas that depict what had happened.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 02:32   Link #215
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Nah, it's nowhere near Mahouka level IMHO. Mahouka was a lot more complex with the explanations of magic relative stuffs and the world setting. Madan is more light compared to Mahouka.
Not really, those tactics are quite thick and require a lot of details after all, at the heart of it, it's a war story, not an combat story.

And Madan will have a much shorter episode count to do it with.

What they might do is gloss over the "minor" battles and go straight to the final ones...but that's...ewwwwww.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 09:38   Link #216
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Not really, those tactics are quite thick and require a lot of details after all, at the heart of it, it's a war story, not an combat story.

And Madan will have a much shorter episode count to do it with.

What they might do is gloss over the "minor" battles and go straight to the final ones...but that's...ewwwwww.
Well, we were talking about the comparison of complexity between 2 works. Mahouka is in my opinion more complex with the world setting, character settings, magic technical explanations, CAD technical jargons and stuff. Honestly, Madan is more straight forward, even the strategies and tactics are quite to the point and simple, which is not really a bad thing since it's easy to understand.

Then again it's only my opinion, if you're not agree with me, we can just agree to disagree since it's getting a bit off topic.

Although I'm agree it sucks that there's chance we might miss few battles or getting the battle rushed compared to the source, if they indeed adapt the first five volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardrago View Post
so, what are the chances that we would get to see some extended/extra scenes of the episodes when it comes out in DVD/Blu Ray, or by chance some ovas that depict what had happened.
Chances are, I think the theater extras are what we'll get. No news about additional or extended scenes like what they did in Ore Imo or DxD NeW so far.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 11:36   Link #217
D-Joe

It's pretty much some people think if the anime have 1% different than LN, then it's bad.

For me, these kind of replies is getting annoying, and i already read all 9 volumes.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 13:11   Link #218
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I am glad i am an anime only participant. I find I enjoy these series alot more when i dont know what has been cut or what has been changed.

I can always go to the original source material later on. But in the meantime, ignorance is bliss.
Old 2014-10-16, 13:23   Link #219
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikramit View Post
75% of volume 1 in eps 1 is a " 1% different than LN"? I also listed some of the cuts that took place and the large aspects of LN that were mostly removed all together and as a response you can only provide as a counter argument ........a condersening one liner.....
What counter? i just speaking the truth, some of you people watching the show not for "let's see how this episode done, is it flow? feels fun? enjoyable?", but for "let's see how is this show different than source material, i'm ready for the complain"

75% and so? even it's 100% different(see Arpeggio), but if they do it right, then it's good.

Not 75% btw, otherwise they won't spend whole episode 3 to adapt the battle.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 15:13   Link #220
Dark Wing

Quote:
I never thought I'd say this about an appearantly generic ecchi/action/harem? anime,but despite the occasional fanservice this show actually has the potential to be atleast above average simply because of the setting.I mean the whole feudalism/seven war maiden/war thing just begs for political intrigue/scheming and backstabbing.Throw a good measure of action and occasional fan service into the mix and you're good to go.Although there are only two episodes out right now I highly enjoyed the show so far.Even if it doesn't turn out the way I hope it will be,atleast there's the action and scantly clad white hair beauty fan service.

What makes this story work so well is that it has a balance of all the right elements even if the anime has skipped some parts it's not really too necessary for the main story. If you're still interested in knowing about the lore and back story of this world I recommend you read the novels after the the anime is finished.

Now I know some people are highly upset because of the missing material. However as sad as it is they need to the understanding that many adaptations are made to be nothing more then advertisement for the source material.

Anyway given the 13 episode limit I think the staff has been doing a decent job getting this done.

Tags
ecchi, fantasy