AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 20:37   Link #2201
Yosei
Death by writing

Careful you don't spoil yourself again. From now on I'm bracketing these kinds of questions. Click only if you are certain you want to know. Should've done that earlier with the two final battles.

Spoiler for whee:

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-09-27, 09:19   Link #2202
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Careful you don't spoil yourself again. From now on I'm bracketing these kinds of questions. Click only if you are certain you want to know. Should've done that earlier with the two final battles.

Spoiler for whee:
Well that isn't much of a spoiler, thats more suspence than anything. Now I really want to find out who it is.
Old 2008-09-27, 17:47   Link #2203
Yosei
Death by writing

Ah, I see. No problem, then

Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-09-28, 10:08   Link #2204
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
@AkatsukiYu & Yosei:
People have said it, but I'll say it again: good work on the different style. I think some work needs to be done on the title, because "Reflections" doesn't reflect the content & strength of that chapter.

So the animals really like Flora. When I read that particular portion I was reminded of a rather cliched scene in Disney's Sleeping Beauty when Aurora goes into the forest, starts singing & automatically all the birds & animals rush out to serenade her. This chapter sorta had that effect - but you guys avoided it. Flora is no Aurora, but maybe some emphasis on her independence/ fighting-spirit could've set it apart.

Also: I do sense a bit of a look-at-me-because-I'm-hot tone in Flora's attitudes towards the stranger. A bit off character for Flora, who I interpreted as more demure. She would probably be aware that people do stare at her, but will either be too hesitant or unsure to tell them off.

Good chapter, still
Old 2008-09-29, 03:54   Link #2205
Yosei
Death by writing

Just in case, I actually did not edit this at all, save for one or two grammatical errors, and even then I did not touch it much. I'll read it and there will always be some parts that I wouldn't write, but I go ahead and post it here anyway. The content is, like... 99.5% guest author's.

Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-09-29, 11:04   Link #2206
shelter
Every word must conjure

@Yosei:
I see, I see. This is the first time I'm seeing AkatsukiYu's work. Now I know the standard he'll be setting for the chapters I'm writing for him
Old 2008-09-29, 18:59   Link #2207
Yosei
Death by writing

Hi all, this is Chapter 27 of Let the Blood Flow, once again, another guest chapter by AkatsukiYu. My internet has been having some erratic problems, so I don't know if I can consistently post up the other chapters as per the usual schedule. Also I have started on other projects so I can't be as committed to this one as I was a couple of weeks ago.

I think it's fair to say that this attempt to involve more members has largely been successful, probably not because of the number of participants who actually wrote a chapter or more (which was rather few), but the sheer amount that came from them. So I think this is an encouraging point to note for the future.

Spoiler for space:

Whee

Spoiler for whee:

Galaxy Fantasy

Last edited by Yosei; 2008-10-09 at 19:22.
Old 2008-09-29, 19:36   Link #2208
hell88
Banned

@Yosei: Lol Vincent Valentine, I never would have guessed this. I was thinking about all the possible men in Claymore that Flora could have fallen for, but there isn't a lot of them. So I had no idea what you and AkatsukiYu were planning. I like this Master Sands though for some reason, he seems like a cool old guy. You should put him in the story more.
Old 2008-09-30, 03:18   Link #2209
KillerYomaFromSpace

OMG! Crossovers!

Although I'm not a fan of FF, it was fun to read, looking forward for the rest of the story
Old 2008-09-30, 03:24   Link #2210
Yosei
Death by writing

Hi guys, don't forget, the Vincent Valentine of this AU has nothing to do with FF, it's only because the name/character/personality fits what we want to do with Flora's husband.

I know... I was confused too. It took me a while for AkatsukiYu to explain that to me.

Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-09-30, 16:41   Link #2211
AkatsukiYu
Leave me alone...

Yes... I got a lot of that impression that it is more of a crossover in most writing when I do Flora x Vincent.

Practically I find it difficult to find a neutral/mutual ground between the two franchise. But Flora x Vincent is something that I grown fond of.

It's more of a story of a character and another character that is not owned by me, and they belong to their respective owners.

I only hold ownership of the original story itself (Flora x Vincent).

Last edited by AkatsukiYu; 2008-09-30 at 16:42. Reason: I don't want to be sued for biased info..l.
Old 2008-09-30, 17:27   Link #2212
KillerYomaFromSpace

I've been thinking about the offer of writting one arc in Yosei's story and my head is already messed up

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to write something interesting using a character that is not mine, that also have diferent circumstances than the real one, and fitting it into a universe that is from a third author.
one must stay true to many things at the same time, its a huge challenge IMO
Old 2008-09-30, 18:56   Link #2213
hell88
Banned

@shelter: Just read chapter four of Snakehead. I didn't think about it until I saw your chapter that, thats how Galatea could have lost her vision and everything. Wow nine months though for that story, it doesn't feel like its been that long. Good job though.
Old 2008-09-30, 19:57   Link #2214
shelter
Every word must conjure

@AkatsukiYu:
I don't have an knowledge of FF unfortunately. So I really wonder if this Vincent Valentine character is really so gentlemanly, mysterious & adorable.

While I think the way he fights is well described, I did not really like his style. I'm pretty certain Flora could've handled those thugs on her own. I think the unfamiliarity wasn't helped that he wasn't introduced properly - somehow his name "Vincent" slipped into the story several paragraphs before his formal introduction. So some confusion there.

If Master Sands was willing to charge nothing for the 1st round of bread, why charge for the 2nd? A bit too convenient a situation for Vincent to show his gentle- manliness. I was thinking a more appropriate scenario for Vincent to show he genuinely cared was to compel Flora to walk with him to ensure her safety, or to get the thugs to apologize to her.

@Hell:
Thanks very much. I'm grateful you liked it. It took a long time & longer time to edit. Right, Tempest? That's my take on how Galatea lost her sight.
Old 2008-09-30, 20:21   Link #2215
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
@Hell:
Thanks very much. I'm grateful you liked it. It took a long time & longer time to edit. Right, Tempest? That's my take on how Galatea lost her sight.
*scratches head*
Old 2008-10-02, 02:18   Link #2216
Yosei
Death by writing

Hi this is Chapter 29. After this I'd like to disappear from storywriting for a while due to other projects and other people's guest chapters. I've set everything up in this chapter so that as long as you follow the story progression (Clare vs. Raki, then Rigardo, then Riful, then Priscilla), you can write about anything... and now that the first phase of the guest chapters are done, I'm opening up for people to actually contribute to the main story itself. This should be interesting.

Spoiler for space:

Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-10-02, 09:53   Link #2217
hell88
Banned

I really wonder how this fight is going to go between Raki and Clare, Yosei. For some reason I feel it might just be as dramatic as Clare vs. Priscilla. Mabye its just because of who they are. I still think Clare will beat the crap out of him though, I have a strange feeling that he will leave Easily after though and I think I'm right. I'm kind of just speculating though about where your story is going.
Old 2008-10-03, 18:01   Link #2218
hell88
Banned

Alright its been a few weeks but I've finally done it, here it is chapter 10 of Double Edged.

Spoiler for double edged chapter 10:

I will try to have the last chapter up tomorrow hopefully. I don't want to get all busy and tangled up like I was for the last few weeks and keep putting it off like I did with this one but oh well thats life I guess.
Old 2008-10-03, 20:59   Link #2219
shelter
Every word must conjure

@Yosei:
For lack of a better word, I think the latest chapter with Raki is both insightful & unconventional. I remember mentioning that Raki should have some more story exposure & the events (no matter how trivial) in your story illustrate the new ground that we're treading on.

There's absolutely no way in canon that Raki would get a chance to meet either Irene or Galatea - or, even in the case of Helen, to address & view them as equals or rivals. That's the flaw of the Raki in canon: a bit too acquiescent, accommodating, sometimes too awe-struck, even by a warrior with dreadlocks So when you show Raki conversing with Irene & Galatea (it's a good choice of characters to meet outside the tavern) you bring across his perceptive-ness and, to the dismay of all who dislike Raki, his potential.

I'm really curious as to how the next chapter will interpret the Raki/ Clare fight. That he is male is already a bit awkward, but that everyone dislikes him makes it even more touchy.

I don't consider myself a vocal Raki fan, but if you are writing the next chapter, Yosei, here's an opportunity to show how a spar between 2 underdogs can end up.

@Hell:
Chapter 10 needs some polishing up for grammar & spelling. But I liked the way your story turned out Killing off 2 main characters seemed a good move: it didn't feel so fast - maybe because I've always thought that those 2 were invincible. So seeing them die is - a good way to let off steam

Also, the scene between Dauf & Clare is enough to get a R21++ rating. But I think, for the first time in a long time, you handled it deceptively well - very metaphorical, visual but not an overload of descriptions & suggestive enough to be relevant to the story. Although I wish you could stop repeating "Clare screamed" so many times, it's a scene that I think a lot of Claymore fans have in their heads, but none have the courage to actually put on paper
Old 2008-10-03, 21:28   Link #2220
Yosei
Death by writing

@ Hell: Will read your chapter and give you a proper review when I'm not so brain-dead. :P

@ Shelter: I'm still around, but I'm taking a break. I've set up the story so that the next storyline chapter will be about Clare vs. Raki, and then, leading up all the way to the final fight between Clare and Priscilla. Personally, I don't mind if someone writes the next chapter.

Sigh... Raki might actually become a respectable character to others thanks to this AU... the Raki who should've been.

Galaxy Fantasy
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction