Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-12, 12:57   Link #2301
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So Suzaku has gone from Kira to being Shinn? So when he is going to be Athrun? We can just cycle Suzaku through the GSD characters until we find one that sticks. I guess comparisons are going to continue well after the second season of Code Geass is over.

I really think the differences between these shows are too great to have comparisons like this. How often does a character have someone he cares about be killed and want revenge for it? We could go into saying Kira didn't cause the city destruction (by accident), or we could talk about how Euphie was able to speak full sentences even when in crazy Geass mode.

I'm sure there will be some crazy battle in the second season between Suzaku and Lelouch. Though I'm sure we've still got a good fight to enjoy in the finale of this season. (Stupid summer release.)
Old 2007-04-12, 13:27   Link #2302
Juvyniled

The parallelism is there, but they are in no ways the same character and aren't very much alike, Shinn and Suzaku that is.

It's not surprising that they re-use or modify old concepts.
Old 2007-04-13, 16:16   Link #2303
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi524 View Post
What are your thoughts?
Just this: no matter how much I hate Suzaku, he still does not deserve to be compared to Shin
Old 2007-04-14, 02:06   Link #2304
pockychan

kira-SAMA?

how objective is the post
Old 2007-04-14, 10:00   Link #2305
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Aha. Fake Okouchi update.
Translation, addenda and comments credited to Celiss Galvea, as usual.
Quote:
1. (Did Suzaku know that Zero = Lelouch at the end of episode 23? If so, did Lelouch realize it as well?)
No comment.

2. (When exactly will episodes 24 and 25 be aired during the summer? Will they not be aired first via Biglobe's internet streaming?)
I don't think so <referring to internet streaming>. We weren't able to secure the slots <we wanted> in time. It's a little thick-skinned of me to say this, but to make up for it the animation and the directing etc. will be impressive.

3. (It seems to me that Suzaku is more important to Lelouch than Lelouch is to Suzaku. What exactly does Suzaku think of LuluNana?)
To Suzaku, Lelouch is more of an old friend. As for Nunnally, rather than her being just the sister of a friend, it appears that he thinks of her as an important person.

4. (Will Lulu and C.C.'s line "Bestow upon me the mark of destruction! Consecrate it!" used in the pre-airing CMs appear in the show? A word about this line please.)
I don't think the line will appear in the show. The lines said in the CMs are more like "catch copies" <"catch phrases" in English>

5. (Did Suzaku see V.V. or C.C. in episode 22? What was the reason behind it?) <-- The light silhouette in front of the Gawain
It was C.C. It's somewhat like the mirage(?) of C.C. only Lelouch could see in episode 1. He saw it because he has the Geass potential.

6. (C.C. talked to Marianne in episode 23. Is Marianne in the World of C?)
No comment.

7. (How does C.C. go about choosing Geass users? As long as they have potential everything's fine? For what reason did she choose Mao and Lelouch?)
It's a secret, but the main criteria involved in the choosing is related to the bloodline as well as where and how the person grew up.

8. (In episode 7, C.C. said "The blood does not rebel" (Children take after their parents) Whose blood was she referring to? The Emperor's or Marianne's?)
Both, I suppose. C.C. was teased <by Marianne> a lot, so I think she just wanted to get her back for it <by claiming that Lelouch takes after her?>

9. (Who's stronger: V.V. or C.C.?)
It depends on what you mean by "strong", but if you were to make them fight each other mano-a-mano I think C.C. would be declared the victor.

10. (Will the "Lelouch being good at household chores" character setting be used in the future? Is it true that he made Zero's costume himself? Will such hidden character settings appear in the drama CDs etc?)
I think the scenes that were cut from the show <such as the kiss with Kallen?> as well as the character settings that have yet to be shown will be included in the drama CDs and such. <He didn't actually state a specific media>

11. (What's the meaning behind the OP shot in which Lelouch rides a horse? What about the mugshots? Whose hand is it in the scene showing someone trying to grab hold of the person floating with the Geass mark?)
Horse-riding is a sort of reference to piloting a Knightmare <they're "mares", after all> It implies that his (Lelouch's) main role isn't to pilot a Knightmare <he's more of a commander>, unlike Suzaku. Also, his elegant way of spurring a horse onward shows his prince-like quality / nature. This is further supported by the background, which was drawn with the Britannia homeland in mind. As for the mugshots, I think that those show the key characters whose actions help move the story forward, but I fear that only the director knows the truth of it. As for the hand, I think it's probably Nunnally's. (Actually I don't know either, but the skin-tone is the same as Nunnally's)

12. (What is the debt from 7 years ago? Will it be revealed in the 1st season?)
The "Debt" doesn't only refer to one specific thing. One of it has to do with the Kururugi family forcing LuluNana into confinement <in a storage shed, no less>

13. (Will the Emperor's past cronies and Knight appear in the show?)
That would depend on the 2nd season.

14. (Why is it that even though Nunnally calls Marianne "Okaa-sama" (polite), Lulu calls her "Kaa-san" (informal)? It's rather strange for royalty to do that.)
I think perhaps it's a sort of code showing how he respected, trusted and in a way depended on his mother. The same goes for Suzaku calling himself "Ore". <Meaning it's a sort of clue about what goes on in their heads>

15. (How much time has passed in the show between episodes 1 ~ 25?)
The actual length of time is made ambiguous, but I suppose it's quite close to the broadcast length in real life. <About 6 months?>

16. (The difference between a Knight and an Elected Knight (Suzaku, Guilford) please.)
Originally, the term "Knight" is a general one referring to all Knightmare pilots. Elected Knights such as Guilford and Suzaku are those chosen by the royalty as personal protectors. It's just that for the convenience of the conversation there are times where the term "Knight" actually refers to "Elected Knight".

17. (A hidden character setting, please. Anything is fine.)
In the early planning stages, Rivalz was named Radner <? Katakana = "radona"; I have no idea whether this is a name or whether he's referring to another famous person or what> and had a much bigger role. In a way, he had an evil side to him, more so than Lelouch, and was truly "bad company".
However, if he was to be made into someone who had too much in common with Lelouch, Suzaku's existence would have less of an impact and thus changes were made.

18. (Will the period in which LuluNana lived by themselves be shown in the show? Or will these be covered by the Picture Dramas and Drama CDs?)
Unknown.

19. (Was the Marianne shown in episode 22 part of C.C.'s memories? Why did Suzaku faint?)
Rather than say that was C.C.'s memories, it would be more appropriate to say that was a scene showing her "vision". <That's exactly what he says in katakana> Suzaku collapsed because of C.C.'s shock attack.

20. (Villetta once said "Britannia is scary" when she was still Chigusa. Were those her real feelings?)
That was her reacting to having been seriously wounded and having lost her memories. Besides that, she felt peaceful during her time with Ougi and was also influenced by his way of thinking.

21. (What are the requirements for the reactivation of Suzaku's "Live!" Geass? How will it affect him, exactly? Make him go berserk?)
He will return to his original way of living and become more and more honest. <His "boku" personality is a false one used to protect himself>

22. (Are there plans to use the cut Zero / Kallen kiss scene (Source: Megami Magazine) in the future?)
It is true that that scene was cut. A lot of adjustments were made around episode 20. The kiss event was to give Kallen courage after she lost her nerve to continue to act as a member of the Black Knights. Originally there was supposed to be a sequence of scenes showing her remembering the kiss, shaking off her hesitations and fighting whenever she was about to be discouraged.

23. (A word about the Emperor and Marianne, please.)
No comment.

24. (What is the relation between V.V., Suzaku and Nunnally?)
For Suzaku and Nunnally, it's just as I said in the answer for the 3rd question. As for V.V. and Suzaku, no comment. At the moment V.V. and Nunnally are not connected.

25. (A word about the future of the Ashford Academy Student Council members.)
The school will become a part of the battlefield due to various calculations <? from which side? Nina...?>

26. (A hint about love relationships. Also, a word on why Euphie fell in love with Suzaku. Is Suzaku no longer a virgin?)
No comment. <Yeah, 2chers like asking which characters are virgins. See: Virginity Theory>

27. (Kaguya called herself The Goddess of Victory. Did something happen before this to support her claim?)
Unknown.
Small note: when FO says 'no comment', it doesn't necessarily mean he's silently agreeing. Silence is by no means synonymous of acquiescence and/or approval - it simply hints that it's too hot a topic to be even addressed, even with the vaguest of answers.

'Virginity Theory': in 2chan there is a theory going rampant about how Taniguchi's main characters (and it started with Gun x Sword IIRC) had a tacit higher chance of winning/surviving at the end of the show as long as they were still virgins. In CG's case, Lelouch was confirmed to be a virgin, while Suzaku has been labeled as 'experimented'.

EDIT:
--> FO overlooked a question and added an answer later.
Quote:
(Is there something more tragic than what happened in episode 23 waiting for Cornelia in episodes 24 and 25?)
She will have a showdown with Zero personally. What will happen then...?
Also, the upgrades made to the Glenstone/Gladstone/Grandstone Knights' Gloucesters are known, according to FO, as the 'Zatteru Baffe' (at least, that's what the katakana says). Romanization unknown, but I suspect 'Zatteru' to be the katakana for 'shuttle'...unless they're using German names/words and it's christened something like '(...) Waffe', which I nevertheless doubt to be the case.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-04-14 at 10:57.
Old 2007-04-14, 11:00   Link #2306
kakashi524

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockychan View Post
kira-SAMA?

how objective is the post
HAHAHAHA

Actually I only referred as that to see who noticed (i have done this in 2 post, and it seems your are the first to comment on that). I haven't really referred as that to him ever.

Fake Okouchi Q&A above:
Old 2007-04-14, 11:10   Link #2307
ashlay
the red string of fate

hmmm, an interesting bunch of tibits to hold us over for the next weeks.

and if Lelouch is busy confronting Cornelia personally (and likely Suzaku as well), does that mean they're going to leave Nina to Kallen? 0_o

Quote:
22. (Are there plans to use the cut Zero / Kallen kiss scene (Source: Megami Magazine) in the future?)
It is true that that scene was cut. A lot of adjustments were made around episode 20. The kiss event was to give Kallen courage after she lost her nerve to continue to act as a member of the Black Knights. Originally there was supposed to be a sequence of scenes showing her remembering the kiss, shaking off her hesitations and fighting whenever she was about to be discouraged.
I finally get where that joke came from.

Old 2007-04-14, 11:22   Link #2308
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
5. (Did Suzaku see V.V. or C.C. in episode 22? What was the reason behind it?) <-- The light silhouette in front of the Gawain
It was C.C. It's somewhat like the mirage(?) of C.C. only Lelouch could see in episode 1. He saw it because he has the Geass potential.
Suzaku haters am cry... if that isn't a confirmation of Noodle Jesus getting geass in the future then I don't know what it is.
Old 2007-04-14, 11:33   Link #2309
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Suzaku haters am cry... if that isn't a confirmation of Noodle Jesus getting geass in the future then I don't know what it is.
actually, nothing is confirmed.

anyway, stop using the term Noodle Jesus. (I guess noodle is fine though ) Suzaku has developed past his similiarities to Kira, and the Boku Suzaku personality will now die a slow, painful death of endless fighting and DRAMA. >:3
Old 2007-04-14, 11:39   Link #2310
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
actually, nothing is confirmed.

anyway, stop using the term Noodle Jesus. (I guess noodle is fine though ) Suzaku has developed past his similiarities to Kira, and the Boku Suzaku personality will now die a slow, painful death of endless fighting and DRAMA. >:3
Well, there wouldn't be a point to give him Geass potential and not give him Geass... he'll probably no longer be Noodle Jesus, though. I guess he will became more akin to GXS' Van or more probably Roy, or however the long haired blond guy who also wanted to kill the Claw Man is called.
Old 2007-04-14, 12:14   Link #2311
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Regarding the air date for episodes 24 and 25, does that mean that they will not air period or they just have a bad timeslot for the summer. Heck, why not air a 90 minute special in the fall showing the last two episodes of the first season and the first episode of the second season.
Old 2007-04-14, 12:19   Link #2312
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Oh, and by the way, it seems that the name of the aforementioned Gloucester add-ons is German after all - or at least it has German origins in the CG world.

The possibly official Romanized spelling is 'Sattel Waffe' (looks like I guessed 'waffe' right ), which means 'saddle weapon'. Since we're talking about knights and knightmares here, the name's not that strange or alien to our realm of understanding.
Old 2007-04-14, 12:37   Link #2313
Ansa

so wait...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-14, 17:27   Link #2314
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
so wait...

Spoiler:
Aparently so. I was right in not discounting Kallen from the romance picture. It is a pitty that it wasn't aired, thats a pretty important little tidbit of information for those of us who (attempt to) analyze romantic conections (with varried accuracy).
Old 2007-04-14, 21:14   Link #2315
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
Aparently so. I was right in not discounting Kallen from the romance picture. It is a pitty that it wasn't aired, thats a pretty important little tidbit of information for those of us who (attempt to) analyze romantic conections (with varried accuracy).
... where the heck would that fit in then?! *goes and rewatches ep20*
Old 2007-04-15, 02:25   Link #2316
Juvyniled

It was a kiss of encouragement. There's no real connection whatsoever.
Old 2007-04-15, 02:40   Link #2317
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
It was a kiss of encouragement. There's no real connection whatsoever.
oh hell, I'm thinking of Zelda the animated series now...
Old 2007-04-15, 08:17   Link #2318
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
... where the heck would that fit in then?! *goes and rewatches ep20*
Don't expect to find it anywhere in S1. It was originally meant to occur in S1 sometime before the final battle but the production team has been rewriting parts of the plot, as well as shuffling events around so as to make room for the recent alterations and additions.

Kallen footage, most notably, have been cut to a minimum and relocated to the beginning of S2. As such, you'll only see that scene somewhere during ep26 or later. Also, you should consider that scene as a Zero x Kallen moment, not a Lelouch x Kallen. It's highly suspected Lelouch will ask her to close her eyes while he removes his helmet and kisses her (and devoted as she is, she will undeniably and faithfully comply). I'm not sure there is some feeling behind, merely an incentive to continue the fight and return the gesture (reference to the Zero-Kallen dialogue in the docks, after he placed the underwater mine and she helped him strenghten his resolve). If this scenario plays out, then his identity will remain secret to the very end.

Also, I'm wondering how Lelouch intends to live peacefully (with his sister) in a free Japan afterwards. With anti-Britannia sentiments coming to the fore, he can only rely on Kyoto 6 to provide protection and immunity (since they're the only ones who know who he is...well, at least only Kirihara does...for now)...provided, of course, that they do not backstab him in the long run. Ironically, it'd mean he'd still have to hide from the public...
Old 2007-04-15, 09:33   Link #2319
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

More imptly, how did he(Zero) kiss her with that helmet on? -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-04-15, 09:35   Link #2320
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
More imptly, how did he(Zero) kiss her with that helmet on? -_-
Ahem.
Post right above yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
It's highly suspected Lelouch will ask her to close her eyes while he removes his helmet and kisses her (and devoted as she is, she will undeniably and faithfully comply).

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers