AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-11, 10:18   Link #2461
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I heard some guildies of mine claiming that Arcane Barrage may have been nerfed. I'm not sure if that is true, but they claimed the stealth coefficient was significantly reduced. Not sure what that means.

Strange how profession values have suddenly changed. Herbalism is worth so much more now. I am so getting my Druid to 77+ ASAP to make full use of the fact. When just about any herb is going for 50g+ a stack....that says it all.

I love those new Crazy Alchemist's Potions. 2 Goldclover...bargain. I reckon the 5 I made today all saved me from certain death and a lot of downtime. Particularly from a very disgruntled Death Knight who decided to rage simply because my Thorns buff got me a tag on aggro on a named mob in Borean Tundra. Shapeshifting out of DK slow buffs - love it.
Old 2009-02-11, 13:59   Link #2462
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I heard some guildies of mine claiming that Arcane Barrage may have been nerfed. I'm not sure if that is true, but they claimed the stealth coefficient was significantly reduced. Not sure what that means.
I think they meant the spellpower coefficient was stealth nerfed.

The spellpower coefficient is how much the damage of the spell is increased by your spellpower. In general, spells with a cast time of 3.5 seconds get a coefficient of 100%, so for every 1000 more spellpower you get you do 1000 more damage per cast. This scales linearly with cast time, so a spell with 2 seconds of cast time would get 2/3.5 = 57.1% of spellpower for every cast. Instant cast spells get a coefficient of 1.5/3.5 = 42.9% coefficient because the global cooldown is 1.5 seconds. Theoretically this makes spellpower always give the same amount of dps no matter what spells you're using (before talents anyway).

Of course there are lots of exceptions. Healing spells have a higher coefficient to make up for the fact that they reduced the total amount of +healing on gear when they combined it with +damage to make the new spellpower stat in 3.0. Also, dots and hots get a much higher coefficient to make them worth casting. And, most relevantly, sometimes cooldowns are taken into consideration. This is why Arcane Barrage did so much damage; it's coefficient was much higher than any other instant cast spell.

Stealth nerf simply means that it wasn't listed in the patch notes for whatever reason. Blizzard has confirmed the nerf to Arcane Barrage to be intended (not a bug), although it wasn't their intention to hide it from the players; it was apparently a miscommunication.

I'm not sure if you needed that whole lecture (maybe stealth was the only confusion) but I like typing that kind of thing, so...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 17:10   Link #2463
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wooo, gotta love being ignore, but /shrug .. your loss, creative and funny video is what your missing out on.

on a diffrent note, Im looking forward to seeing Rogues and other classes crying about being nerfed and crying about OP paladins and such.
Old 2009-02-11, 17:22   Link #2464
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Wooo, gotta love being ignore, but /shrug .. your loss, creative and funny video is what your missing out on.

on a diffrent note, Im looking forward to seeing Rogues and other classes crying about being nerfed and crying about OP paladins and such.
Haven't Rogues been crying anything that kills them is OP?
Personally I say Rogues are OP when they always freaking slaughter me like a lamb.
Old 2009-02-11, 18:18   Link #2465
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Arcane Barrrage copped a coefficient nerf of about 10%, from ~85% to 75% or there about, it was one of those little exceptions. With all the changes to the Arcane tree unless you adapt you'll notice a good drop in DPS probably. Its still possible but it is a little more difficult to sustain the DPS that was possible pre-patch. Also new AP is just plain awkward.

Still <3 the spec though, just hope they revert the Barrage change, cause it took a huuuuuuuuuge dip on burst damage (17K crits -> 12K crits). They hinted they might reverse it if it hurts the spec too much, and it looks like it might do just that since people are looking at ignoring it completely now.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2009-02-11 at 18:38.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 18:58   Link #2466
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

They really should remove the Lovely Black Dress valentine achievement for male dwarves. Does ANYONE actually want to see that?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 19:03   Link #2467
Mr Hat and Clogs

Really really drunk dwarves?

DO you *have* to get it out of the crate? Cause I already have a black dress Q_Q.
Old 2009-02-11, 19:07   Link #2468
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I don't know but if you don't already have the achievement for it then probably.

On a related note, The Rocket's Pink Glare totally blows away the Sons of Hodir quests in the innuendo department. Not just the title but the description especially.
Old 2009-02-11, 19:23   Link #2469
Mr Hat and Clogs

Really really drunk dwarves?

DO you *have* to get it out of the crate? Cause I already have a black dress Q_Q.
Old 2009-02-11, 21:20   Link #2470
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Idk if you have to get it out of the gifts, but at least it's not a requirement for the Fool for Love world event achievement. Seems like they buffed the drop rate, so it shouldn't be an issue anyways.
Old 2009-02-11, 21:32   Link #2471
krisslanza

Ah the V Day event. I remember that way back... Putting on Cologne and sending love to the Night Elf guards.
Since they were all female and all
Old 2009-02-11, 22:01   Link #2472
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Strangely enough, I had a 100% fail rate wearing perfume when talking to UC's guards. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but abominations seem to like cologne a lot better.
Old 2009-02-11, 22:33   Link #2473
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I got the black dress on my first attempt heh. I'd post a screenshot but I really can't even bear to look.

Oh, and I don't know if any of you know yet, but the Ice Stone has melted.
Old 2009-02-11, 23:08   Link #2474
krisslanza

I remember that Black Dress. I wanted it so bad
But... I'm trying to resist the urge to play WoW. Though I did crack and just start a BE DK but... Argh must... Resist...
Old 2009-02-12, 02:31   Link #2475
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ice Stone?
Old 2009-02-12, 03:31   Link #2476
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Ice Stone?
There's a bug(?) where the server repeatedly broadcasts to everyone that "The Ice Stone has melted!"

I think it has something to do with the Summer Festival, but who knows? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Valentine's Day event.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 03:44   Link #2477
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Huh?

I'd hope that instead it would have to do with maybe 3.1 coming, or some not so minor change in 3.09 that wasn't broadcast.

But who knows.
Old 2009-02-12, 05:29   Link #2478
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

No, it's from the summer festival and a known bug.

And i love it. It cracks me up watching the reactions when the message is spammed.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 06:33   Link #2479
Justin Kim
*Artist

Ok whoah since when are Rogues crying that everything else is OP? If I remember correctly, playing on my full s3 hunter - Rogues with enough resilence are terribly hard to hit, given the fact that they also have this new shadowstep, and the mutliate can really pound you when they get to level 80. If you played Burning Crusade - the only op class in my opinion, and easy to level was the freaking warlock...every time in an arena it was such a hassle to kill their void, or felhunter in order to reduce their defense by another 20%. Not only that, all other classes were nerfed tremendously before BC even started. Blizzard always has the tendency to make one class higher than the other in terms of ability, but not skill. But overall it still is very hard to kill a warlock solo'ing another player whom's team is in the top tier of arenas. I am a marksmen hunter, and even with big crits it's just annoying getting feared, dott'ed, and then dropped by a shadowbolt or AoE attacks. Seriously, when warlocks are skilled - They can mingle and play with you like a cat and yarn. Im not so sure for warriors now, it's a little ambivalent whether to determine if they're op or not. It's just attuned to how much skill, and armor resilence they can attune when they face you. But yeah death knights atm, are definently op along with warlocks. Self-heals, massive AoE, Dots, and fairly decent hits.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 10:29   Link #2480
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd been under the impression that warlocks were a joke in arena pvp since S3.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows