Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 20:29   Link #2661
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSephiroth View Post
What about the Hellsing OVAs? I think they still making those.
I'll look into it,thanks.
xxangelchanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 04:36   Link #2662
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxangelchanxx View Post
Im more into depressing/bloody series like higurashi and elfen lied but all i see these days are goddamn harem's i hate them all with the exception of SHUFFLE!,Kanon 2006,air and clannad.
Death note and School Days are like Elfen Lied, they both have plot twists and a wonderful suprise ending. Suddenly this thread just got off-topic
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 07:48   Link #2663
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Death note and School Days are like Elfen Lied, they both have plot twists and a wonderful suprise ending. Suddenly this thread just got off-topic
Do we have to talk about crossovers again?
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 17:47   Link #2664
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I bloody well hate depressing anime-but I did like Elfen Lied-Grave of the Fireflies has sat-unwatched-for 6 years in the back of my shelves and never shall be viewed.
Old 2009-03-27, 06:58   Link #2665
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave
Quote:
Im more into depressing/bloody series like higurashi and elfen lied but all i see these days are goddamn harem's i hate them all with the exception of SHUFFLE!,Kanon 2006,air and clannad.
Haha! How can you hate harem's when you just listed exceptions for some of the most popular harem titles?? Since we're on the subject... go watch Asu no Youichi. That shit is mad props XD

Er, but yeah, depressing and bloody anime's... hmmm, have you tried Kara no Kyoukai? Hantsuki is another sad one, but very short (6 ep.)

Cheers
Arcwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 16:19   Link #2666
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcwave View Post
Haha! How can you hate harem's when you just listed exceptions for some of the most popular harem titles?? Since we're on the subject... go watch Asu no Youichi. That shit is mad props XD

Er, but yeah, depressing and bloody anime's... hmmm, have you tried Kara no Kyoukai? Hantsuki is another sad one, but very short (6 ep.)

Cheers
There probably popular because they are the best one's,you dont see kanon have pantie shots every 10 seconds..Unlike that maburaho or to love-ru crap.
And thanks i will also look into it.
xxangelchanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 17:37   Link #2667
PastPrime

Quote:
There probably popular because they are the best one's,you dont see kanon have pantie shots every 10 seconds..Unlike that maburaho or to love-ru crap.
And thanks i will also look into it.
You might try Blood+. It is similar in a lot of ways, but a lot longer. The first third and last third are strong, but it drags a little in the middle.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 21:58   Link #2668
azndragon4k

Quote:
Wait so does that mean Lucy had died or lost unconsciousness when they engaged fire on her? So that instead of Lucy waking up, it was Nyu who had arisen?
ya i dont think she died she prob just lost consciousness and went back home as nyu

Last edited by azndragon4k; 2009-03-28 at 10:09.
azndragon4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 11:53   Link #2669
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndragon4k View Post
ya i dont think she died she prob just lost consciousness and went back home as nyu
If that's the case, wouldn't of they just checked her body to make sure she is dead? Or maybe even capture her?
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 18:08   Link #2670
azndragon4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSephiroth View Post
If that's the case, wouldn't of they just checked her body to make sure she is dead? Or maybe even capture her?
well she prob killed them all and went back to Nyu after.... well who else would be at the door and that thing that guy said awhile ago about the clock started working when the person showed up at the door makes sense.

the ova isnt dub is it? so i guess i gota get a sub then
azndragon4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 18:36   Link #2671
Kyrenthor

Petition for another season.

if you want it that bad go to this site and petition for another season. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/e...on2/index.html. the more the merrier. hehehe.
Kyrenthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 19:47   Link #2672
Justin Kim
*Artist

Actually read the manga progression. I am hinting that it has something to do with the growth of her horns.
Old 2009-03-29, 12:22   Link #2673
PastPrime

Quote:
Quote:
well she prob killed them all and went back to Nyu after.... well who else would be at the door and that thing that guy said awhile ago about the clock started working when the person showed up at the door makes sense.

the ova isnt dub is it? so i guess i gota get a sub then
A fair amount of time seems to have passed between the scene with Lucy on the bridge and the figure at the door. Nana has learned how to cook (see OVA) and Yuka speaks like it has been a good while since that night. I got the impression that at least three or four months had passed. My guess would be that, if they ever did decide to continue the series, Bando would save her, planning to resume their battle when she recovered, and he would also be taking care of a seriously injured Kurama who would tell him that with the loss of the horns Lucy was dead and all that was left was Nyu. Since his fight is not with Nyu, when she recovered sufficiently from her wounds he would let her go home.
Old 2009-03-30, 09:58   Link #2674
ChildrenOfTheMind

I just finished watching the anime, wow the ending is wide open
ChildrenOfTheMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 09:59   Link #2675
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol, actually the ending is seen in the manga -->, then the story continues out from there.
Old 2009-03-30, 11:22   Link #2676
ChildrenOfTheMind

I enjoyed the ending, i was a really good anime; however i kind of don't like the Kohta X Yuka ... arn't they relatives?
Old 2009-03-30, 11:26   Link #2677
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenOfTheMind View Post
I enjoyed the ending, i was a really good anime; however i kind of don't like the Kohta X Yuka ... arn't they relatives?
Indeed, they're first cousins, however, romantic and/or marital relationships among cousins is not that of a bomb or scandalous, taboo issue in Japan as it is in mainstream USA.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 11:51   Link #2678
ChildrenOfTheMind

This anime definitely moves into my top 5
Old 2009-04-02, 17:31   Link #2679
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Indeed, they're first cousins, however, romantic and/or marital relationships among cousins is not that of a bomb or scandalous, taboo issue in Japan as it is in mainstream USA.
If they are cousins, it doesn't necessarily mean they are blood - related right? Confused.
Old 2009-04-02, 19:22   Link #2680
PastPrime

Quote:
If they are cousins, it doesn't necessarily mean they are blood - related right? Confused.
First Cousin would mean a blood relation since it would mean that the father or mother of one of them was the brother or sister of one of the other ones parents. But, I do not believe that it is ever stated in the anime or manga that they are First Cousins, and many people are considered cousins that are not blood relatives.

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen