AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 12:10   Link #2881
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
What's Persona doing in my Guilty Crown? Bonds with people changing the void power?
That wasn't obvious before? If Shu's bond with Inori grows even stronger than that satellite destroying sword, there'll be no stopping him.

Honestly though, I like the void power changing with bonds thing. While Persona is using it as well, this anime has a chance of fleshing that concept out more, and it's not exactly a concept that I see all that often. Persona 4...stick to the game if you want to see that fleshed out.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 12:14   Link #2882
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Haruka service is good, but Hare service is better!!!!! the supporting cast of female characters is surprisingly strong.

for the ep, it was a good amount of development for Shu and Haruka. and some new interesting plot twists too.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 12:16   Link #2883
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
That wasn't obvious before? If Shu's bond with Inori grows even stronger than that satellite destroying sword, there'll be no stopping him.
Not really, no, if you were talking about the void fusion thing from 2 episodes back. Now they're outright saying the voids will change just because of shu's bonds? Oh GC, you never fail to amuse me every episode.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 13:31   Link #2884
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Has Keido been mentioned before somewhere? the name sounds familiar....
Old 2011-12-02, 13:35   Link #2885
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Lol. Yes, well, I didn't find this ep boring, exactly, but I didn't find it as fascinating as most of what went before. I checked who wrote the ep, and it was Haganeya Jin 鋼屋ジン, who is a novelist and writer for Nitro Plus and who, according to Japanese Wikipedia, has never written for anime before.
Considering he writes the Soukkou Aki Muramasa novel and the entire storyline for Demonbane....this should be interesting...

Unfortunately he's not the overall story director no? So it wouldn't impact the whole thing much....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-12-02 at 13:45.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 13:59   Link #2886
4Tran

Guilty Crown, we need to talk. When I said that it'd be better if you decided to be a fanservice show, I meant that you're not working out as a dramatic show. So if you went with silly and fun, then at least you'd be silly and fun and interesting. But it's not going to work out if you went fanservice and stuck with humdrum and uninteresting.

Look at Persona 4 - that show has shoddy animantion and artwork, the director doesn't really know what he's doing, no real budget, a main character that's not supposed to have much of a personality and it's stuck trying to tell the same story that the game told. Still, it manages to be an entertaining product in the right way, with lots of effective scenes and character interactions. Why can't you do that? Why do you insist on sticking two story elements that just don't work together in the same episode? Why is there some boring sneaking into an enemy base in a freaking beach episode? How the heck do you manage to make something intrinsically exciting like sneaking into an enemy base boring to begin with?

Here's my advice: go get a director like the guy who made the Highschool of the Dead anime. He managed to do fun and silly stuff like Matrix-dodging breasts. He'll go wild with a fun beach episode and we won't need another talk.

PS: When someone as dense as our protagonist says that it's really late to be asking what a Void is, that's probably a hint that you're putting that part of the story in a really bad spot.
Old 2011-12-02, 14:43   Link #2887
dark998

Quote:
His bond with Inori was not very strong at that point, most of the power came from the fusion and the infuence of that other girl.

And talking about that other girl...

Spoiler for image:
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 15:10   Link #2888
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
His bond with Inori was not very strong at that point, most of the power came from the fusion and the infuence of that other girl.

And talking about that other girl...

Spoiler for image:
what do you mean its her? Looks the same to me.
Old 2011-12-02, 15:13   Link #2889
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Here's my advice: go get a director like the guy who made the Highschool of the Dead anime. He managed to do fun and silly stuff like Matrix-dodging breasts. He'll go wild with a fun beach episode and we won't need another talk.
I can't tell if you're joking or not
Old 2011-12-02, 15:52   Link #2890
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
LOL, Dead right... Is that obvious sarcasm or what?
Old 2011-12-02, 16:23   Link #2891
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
LOL, Dead right... Is that obvious sarcasm or what?
I knew that I should have added the bit about getting advice from the guy that wrote Seikon no Qwaser as well, but it seemed too obvious.
Old 2011-12-02, 16:32   Link #2892
molitar

This smells like a setup.. Gai getting somehow information about the meteor being at the secret base.. just before breaking in Keido who has Shou's fathers pass steals the meteor and of course will be blamed on Gai and his organization. Who is Keido and why does he have Shou's fathers all access card? And what is Keido planning?
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 18:12   Link #2893
TheDrifter

this show is getting better only because the side characters are 100x better than invincible shoe and boring inori.

anyway here are the things i liked:
+this souta fella should have been main character. is a true bro since he asked if shoe was into her, and since he said no, actually pursued her.
+again this souta character. truly has a lot of energy.
+that girl that likes shoe tries so hard. i wish she can beat inori but alas...it's not happening
+gai being funny as usual. use your friends. and have friends to "create adventure".
+those 3 guys just relaxing and conversating with each other is another thing i liked
+souta's power is interesting. power to open anything? probably would have opened inori's legs if shoe didn't stop him. BUT he did open shoe up.
+the girl from last episode. lol she in love with gai
+when the guy raised the card to open everything. idk why but i found it funny

things i didn't like
-shoe hating on souta. the hell is wrong with this guy?
-inori and her perfect shot and flying kick. almost reminds me of suzuku from code geass
-shoe's mom. everything about her.
-beach episode

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-12-02 at 20:44. Reason: Don't complain about rep in your posts.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 18:30   Link #2894
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

So, I'm guessing that Haruka's not his real mother. She's probably Ouma Kurosu's second wife (first wife dead?) and Shu's his child from the first marriage. Explains the first name basis and the youth, at least.

Anyway, about eps.8...oh my God, who got Shu off his meds? And why, why, why is it always the small scenes that can be remotely entertaining (last week it was Segai's sleeping in the face of retardness, while this time it's Ayase's ojou-sama's scene and Tsugumi's OHOHOHO) while the rest of the episode remains a cluster****?

Seriously, their "We’re stressing action and plot: a cutting-edge TV show" comment during that interview with ANN only makes it worse.

And now after seeing RACK.DAT, I'm seriously confused why Shu's obsessed with Inori. Raging hormones? Hare has more personality, more assertiveness, and more "tracts of land", if hormones is what he's concerned with. Ahh, the Yoshida Kazumi-effect, you never cease to amaze irritate me.

It's the pink lip-gloss/lipstick, isn't it?
Old 2011-12-02, 19:48   Link #2895
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Don't listen to him. The Highschool of the Dead beach OVA is lame: Full of fanservice and doesn't have the bullet-to-breast dodging brilliance of the series.

Quote:

Honestly though, I like the void power changing with bonds thing. While Persona is using it as well, this anime has a chance of fleshing that concept out more, and it's not exactly a concept that I see all that often. Persona 4...stick to the game if you want to see that fleshed out.
So is the bond between the user and the one he pulled out the void from dictates the void's power, or the void's form?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 19:50   Link #2896
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Don't listen to him. The Highschool of the Dead beach OVA is lame: Full of fanservice and doesn't have the bullet-to-breast dodging brilliance of the series.
Oh but it turns out he was joking and knows that HoTD and GC share the same director.
Old 2011-12-02, 19:53   Link #2897
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Oh but it turns out he was joking and knows that HoTD and GC share the same director.
WHAT?!? So that's why its freakingly familiar... I never knew :P
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 21:24   Link #2898
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
So is the bond between the user and the one he pulled out the void from dictates the void's power, or the void's form?
I'd say both. And really? The GC director is the HoTD director? That's...I never saw HoTD, so I have no idea what similarities are between those two works.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 21:46   Link #2899
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
Seemed to me that Souta's void being able to open anything is connected to how he finally got Shu to be open with his feelings. I guess because he's a pretty in-your-face kind of guy he makes you more open.

And my impression of Funeral Parlor has always been of freedom fighters. You know like most, I guess, terrorist groups.
Certainly think the void was affected in both being open about his feelings towards Inori and his attempts to make Shu open up. In the end both had difficulties with each other since Shu would either stay quiet or say the wrong thing. Of course obvious the issue Shu had with Souta being so forceful that he can't easily deal with him.

Anyways some interesting moments like at that grave. The way Gai said Haruka just continues to confirm their connection going way back.
Old 2011-12-02, 23:11   Link #2900
Excorsism

100% on the Hare/Shu boat. Gosh darn it.

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig