Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-12, 15:13   Link #2921
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Asexual simply means they don't care about/like sex, which is how it seems.
Asexual also means having no sex organs, like the "adults"; hermaphrodite (or intersex) means having sex organs from both sexes.

I don't think the nines are the same as adults but its not clear what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
It's knowing this that I think Mitsuru and Komodo are doomed.
Nah they're too important now. Argentea is toast though. Zorome loves papa way, way too much.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 16:07   Link #2922
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Asexual also means having no sex organs
Usually, when said of people, it means without sexual feelings, which is what I meant. Actually that's another reason why I asked the gender/sex thing, because I didn't get if they meant that the adults don't have sexual organs, or just don't have sexual feelings. I think the Nines anyway have at least sexual organs, and I don't think they're hermaphrodites (which would require them having both male and female organs, they don't look that ambiguous to me), but they certainly don't care much about sex.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 16:14   Link #2923
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to comment that I removed some gender-related discussion from this thread. This is not because I think it is off-topic or a non-issue in this show (which clearly makes it an issue), but because people in this thread seem to lack the maturity to deal with differing viewpoints about gender and sexuality without losing their minds.

It's inevitable that this discussion is going to come up given this story, and if you're going to engage in the conversation, you need to handle it in a mature way that respects differing viewpoints, even if you disagree with them. If you can't do that and get really offended by this topic, I recommend you use the ignore feature or just don't engage with these topics. Flaming opinions in the threads or calling people out using pejoratives is not acceptable. If you have a problem with a post, report it and the mods will review. After you've sent in your report, move on.
Old 2018-05-12, 16:24   Link #2924
Blueknight78

Quote:
Usually, when said of people, it means without sexual feelings, which is what I meant. Actually that's another reason why I asked the gender/sex thing, because I didn't get if they meant that the adults don't have sexual organs, or just don't have sexual feelings. I think the Nines anyway have at least sexual organs, and I don't think they're hermaphrodites (which would require them having both male and female organs, they don't look that ambiguous to me), but they certainly don't care much about sex.
for what i get for me was clear which they are saying which currently that "adults" are not the same as "us" as humans and they don't have a sexual organ, only parasites are allowed to have it, because that is the only way they can pilot, remember in one of the interviews, the writers told which the adults are different from parasites and eve "doctor franxx and nana and hachi, this means which the adults which the parasites are protecting or where clone likes or "machines like the empty one, only the parasites and professor franxx and hachi and nana are actually "real humans" in that society, everyone is pretty much a "fake human", this match which what the queen told about the being wannabe humans, ape, papa and the adults are not "humans" as a human is supposed to be.
Old 2018-05-12, 16:30   Link #2925
zibi88

I guess 02 will disappear and Hiro in order to save her will need a replacement pistil in this case Nana ;P When they synchro we will see the erased memories going back so both Hiro and Nana will see what happened in past that resulted in that memory erasing process.

Other option is that APE will send a kill order to get rid of kokoro for breaking rules, Nana will protect her but in the process she takes the bullet, kids rage and turn against Ape.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 17:31   Link #2926
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
I think the Nines anyway have at least sexual organs, and I don't think they're hermaphrodites (which would require them having both male and female organs, they don't look that ambiguous to me), but they certainly don't care much about sex.
Kokoro's question was specifically regarding reproductive organs. I dunno where you're getting that sexual feelings matter but sexual orientation doesn't seem to matter either considering Ikuno.

As far as ambiguity... do you consider 9α female? Or do you have some other headcanon on why 9α is a pistil?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 17:44   Link #2927
Mistyclear

I’m just going to go with the 9’s being gender ambiguous, until or if the creators feel like telling me.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 18:11   Link #2928
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Kokoro's question was specifically regarding reproductive organs. I dunno where you're getting that sexual feelings matter but sexual orientation doesn't seem to matter either considering Ikuno.

As far as ambiguity... do you consider 9α female? Or do you have some other headcanon on why 9α is a pistil?
I think he's male, I don't know how the stamen-pistil thing works or if it requires them literally having the appropriate genitals. We'll see I guess, it makes sense your way too, it just seems wilder and hard to handle as a potential "reveal".

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 18:23   Link #2929
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

And then they f@ck , the end

Death flag freaking everywhere .

So Papa is something non-human who clone the true human to turn them into his soldier , then what is Dr Franxx , is he a human ? And even Klaxx princess too , what is she really ?

Nana and Hachi confirmed to be ex-Franxx pilot who somehow not rapidly age unlike other pilot ( and Miku to some extent ) .

Poor 02 can't have a baby ....
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 18:36   Link #2930
Ray
Garnet

Another lovely episode! Although with all these heartwarming scenes we've been getting it honestly feels like we've got nothing but suffering in store for us..

I can't get over just how precious Hiro and Zero Two are. The horn touch into kiss scene was really, really cute. I can't say I'm surprised with Hiro growing horns though, I recall here saying that the show will have come full circle not once Zero Two becomes human but once Hiro becomes more like her/an oni. On that note, I guess we'll be having Hiro stampede in their FRANXX or something along those lines.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 18:44   Link #2931
_Ninja_

Papa is not going to like what the Nines have to say. Kokoro and Mitsuru have now defied one of the crucial rules imposed on parasites. The potential baby has no future under their current leadership and the confrontation is now inevitable. Papa wont let this one slide and P13 wont let them have Kokoro if they come for her.

Nana is the dark horse now. She'll do something in the key moment. Dr. Franxx too, it's not entirely clear what it is he wants. And at this point Hachi as well. Him being this quintessential obedient soldier maybe suspect now that he is seemingly working with Franxx on whatever agenda they have.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 18:49   Link #2932
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree about the Nines being hermaphrodites. They've confirmed that reproductive organs are needed to pilot the Franxx, so it would explain why those who appear to be male can act as pistils. We know female on female doesn't work, I don't see why male on male would. Thinking about it, it's weird that they implied that the ability to reproduce is needed to pilot a Franxx, and yet had Zero Two state she can't pregnant (she seemed pretty certain too, so I guess it confirms my speculation they attempted to breed with her).

Kokoro is actually the character with the biggest death flag on her head at the moment. APE will surely want to purge her after hearing the Nines' report. However, I doubt they have the balls to do that, so they'll probably go the cliché route and have Mitsuru sacrifice himself to save her and their child. The biggest twist would be both of them surviving, so I'm hoping for that but I don't really believe it for a second.

Surprisingly, I think this episode increased Zero Two chances of survival. Saying she can't get pregnant pretty much ensured that she will, thanks to Hiro becoming the same as her.
Old 2018-05-12, 18:55   Link #2933
_Ninja_

I would say pregnancy if they go that route is a survival flag not a death flag. Unless she gives birth before the end. But it's a death flag for Mitsuru, because we can't have a completely happy ending, everyone has to pay a price.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 19:01   Link #2934
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The reason as to why the parasites must have sexual organs in order to pilot the Franxx is due that their libido is utilized as an energy source to power-up the mecha. However, this would mostly apply to the boys because, finding out doing article researching, males reach the peak of their libido around their teens while the libido of females gradually increases in adolescence reaching peak during their mid-thirties.

In other words, my conjecture goes that the male aspect (the Stamens) provide the biological urges in order to strengthen or give power to the Franxx, while the female aspect (the Pistils) provide the empathic emotions in order for the Franxx to come to life, however, the third aspect which is the bond (link-up between Stamen to Pistil) is the last requisite in order for Parasite couples to properly pilot the Franxx.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 19:50   Link #2935
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
This will be a 10/10 show for me if everyone lives.
Got to kill someone off.
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 20:42   Link #2936
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Page 69 people, bring on the predictions on who has sex first in this show!
No one, obviously. How many non-hentai anime do you know where people actually have sex? Only ones I can think of are Parasyte, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Panty & Stocking w Garterbelt.
Shin Sekai Yori, Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED Destiny, Gundam 00, Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, RahXephon, Valvrave etc.

There's quite a few non-hentai anime with sex in them mind you. Many of them involve the MCs, and mecha anime is one of the genres that's not averse to have some sex in their shows.
See, Gan_HOPE? I told you so . And Kokoro & Mitsuru are the first to pop their cherry .
Old 2018-05-12, 20:45   Link #2937
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Nah they're too important now. Argentea is toast though. Zorome loves papa way, way too much.
I still think that they're in grave danger. Also, when I say that they're doomed, I think that it might not just be death. The APEs may have a nasty surprise waiting for them.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 22:11   Link #2938
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Boo! Boo! -10/10! Where is the H-scene!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 22:31   Link #2939
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
I would say pregnancy if they go that route is a survival flag not a death flag. Unless she gives birth before the end. But it's a death flag for Mitsuru, because we can't have a completely happy ending, everyone has to pay a price.
I wouldn't call it a death flag. They're in a postapocalyptic environment. Mom and dad have to survive to raise that child. No one else is going to do it.

But aren't you guys getting ahead of your selves? One intimate moment does not a pregnancy make.

Only thing APE has to do is mindwipe Mitsuru and Kokoro and that solves the problem.

But you know Kokoro and Mitsuru should go back to that town and hide out until both factions kill themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
See, Gan_HOPE? I told you so . And Kokoro & Mitsuru are the first to pop their cherry .
Hiro and 02 are shown together in their PJs in her room. They've prob already done it well before Kokoro and Mitsuru.
Old 2018-05-12, 22:48   Link #2940
Blueknight78

WoW now after think a littler and remember that episode some really dark and crazy things come to my mind, here a crazy dark theory:

First

- we know which the adults can't reproduce and they are "made", basically the adults are just "clones" or clone like things, being replicates over and over whenever someone die they just "make a new one".

- Parasites can reproduce because they have reprodution organs

- sex organs are needed to pilot

- you need to have "both" genders in order to proper pilot a franxx even if could means hermaphrodites or something like that.

- only one gender can't pilot, female with female confirmed and probably male with male too

- the adults excluding professor franxx, nana and hachi are "not humans" not at last as "we know as human".

now the bomb...
Spoiler:

another thing after see the "robot guy" i'm start to believe which "papa" is actually a sort of "super computer A.K.A AI.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-05-12 at 23:16.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote