AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 25 45.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-27, 23:41   Link #21
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

You have to blamed yourself for that, BunBun.. dont click the spoiler box next time
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-28, 00:55   Link #22
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Excellet episode. Can't wait for Excaliburz!!!111 Hilarity ensues.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
Old 2008-05-28, 01:00   Link #23
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Excellent episode with Stein vs Chrona.
Although I was shocked by the preview. Excalibur! and not only that... he's voiced by Takehito Koyasu
Old 2008-05-28, 06:31   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Len View Post
and not only that... he's voiced by Takehito Koyasu
I seriously can't say i'm all that surprised with it.

Brilliant choice.
Old 2008-05-28, 10:38   Link #25
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm looking forward to it as well. They really are taking this really far though like Excalibur is some huge event in the plot. Though I suppose it is fitting they do that.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-28, 10:44   Link #26
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

But excalibur is a hueg event.

Somehow .. deep inside of me .. I feel a bit sorry .. for Seiba :x
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-28, 11:15   Link #27
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'm looking forward to it as well. They really are taking this really far though like Excalibur is some huge event in the plot. Though I suppose it is fitting they do that.
Hehe, check out the countdown on the website
Old 2008-05-28, 11:33   Link #28
Silver Soul
Banned

I'm sorry to bring this up since I've only read manga chapters 23-47 and I've decided to wait for the anime to fill in the blanks but why are people making such a big deal about Excalibur, is it more the line of Death the Kid and Black Star working together or the character itself since I've haven't seen much of him after his debut also is it just me or has Blair Witch form has had a lot less appearabces in the manga compared to her cat form.
Old 2008-05-28, 11:50   Link #29
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Because excalibur owns in souleater.. He defy every single perception on what we knew of excalibur the legendary sword.

As for Blair-tan.. yes, she's pretty much stayed in cat form throughout the manga
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-28, 14:17   Link #30
ThoHell

At first I wasn't really feeling this series, but I've grown to really like it. Even went to the of reading all the manga because I couldn't wait to find out what happens next. Question: This going to be more than 1 season? Don't see how it could be concluded within 51 episodes unless they use some original storyline later on.
Old 2008-05-28, 14:28   Link #31
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Hehe, check out the countdown on the website
I noticed it and I find it simply hilarious that they are having so much fun with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
I'm sorry to bring this up since I've only read manga chapters 23-47 and I've decided to wait for the anime to fill in the blanks but why are people making such a big deal about Excalibur, is it more the line of Death the Kid and Black Star working together or the character itself since I've haven't seen much of him after his debut also is it just me or has Blair Witch form has had a lot less appearabces in the manga compared to her cat form.
I think they are really just having a lot of fun with this for several reasons. After all, Excalibur is a legendary weapon and his personality sort of warrents the big deal they are making of this.

I haven't seen much of Blair either, but I don't think they have reduced her scenes from the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
At first I wasn't really feeling this series, but I've grown to really like it. Even went to the of reading all the manga because I couldn't wait to find out what happens next. Question: This going to be more than 1 season? Don't see how it could be concluded within 51 episodes unless they use some original storyline later on.
Unfortunately, I think we are going to see something similar to what happened with FMA though the difference here is that there is a lot more of the manga out than there was when FMA started.

Unless the manga finishes soon (which doesn't seem likely), I'd say we'll see an original ending or perhaps some vague ending where technically things aren't over yet. Hopefully they'll stick to the manga as much as possible, but I can't be sure how much so after they finish all the material in vol. 6.

We currently just finished 2 volumes in the first 8 episodes. I'm expecting some anime original episodes though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-28, 14:40   Link #32
ThoHell

Quote:
I

Unless the manga finishes soon (which doesn't seem likely), I'd say we'll see an original ending or perhaps some vague ending where technically things aren't over yet. Hopefully they'll stick to the manga as much as possible, but I can't be sure how much so after they finish all the material in vol. 6.

We currently just finished 2 volumes in the first 8 episodes. I'm expecting some anime original episodes though.
We just finished chapter 5 with episode 8, there are currently 48 chapters out--or so I think. Manga doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon. So, there will be more manga than episodes. Either season 2 or anime original ending.
Old 2008-05-28, 16:19   Link #33
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

49 are out at the moment and 50 should be out soon as well.

I'm thinking an anime original ending considering the full 51 episodes and the high quality of the series. This doesn't look like it will have a season 2 or anything. Maybe a movie if we get lucky.

Old 2008-05-28, 17:56   Link #34
Zoe

I think the following needs to happen for them to be faithful to the manga

- compressing the story
- completing the current manga arc
- movie to tie up the loose ends

It's simply not gonna happen with the current pace.
Old 2008-05-28, 22:38   Link #35
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

As far as I'm concerned, Excalibur is an event. He's the single greatest character in entertainment history. His level of development and complexity is honestly unheard of. Even a psychological thriller like Death Note couldn't hope to compare to his brilliance.

As for anime-only discussion, I highly suspect Bones to keep this at 51 episodes. Which means at one point or another, they have planned to diverge from the main storyline.

You can tell this with the whole Kiishin egg bit they keep pulling. In the very least however, this just means that they know what they're going to be doing, and what direction they're going to head in, even if it is different from the manga.
Old 2008-05-28, 23:53   Link #36
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
I think the following needs to happen for them to be faithful to the manga

- compressing the story
- completing the current manga arc
- movie to tie up the loose ends

It's simply not gonna happen with the current pace.
And that seems rather hard to decide at the moment since the current manga arc still has a few chapters to go. Granted, it could finish in time for them to animate it, but I think that they would probably be on their way with the anime original storyline.

How is Soul Eater doing in terms of popularity and ratings anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
As far as I'm concerned, Excalibur is an event. He's the single greatest character in entertainment history. His level of development and complexity is honestly unheard of. Even a psychological thriller like Death Note couldn't hope to compare to his brilliance.

As for anime-only discussion, I highly suspect Bones to keep this at 51 episodes. Which means at one point or another, they have planned to diverge from the main storyline.

You can tell this with the whole Kiishin egg bit they keep pulling. In the very least however, this just means that they know what they're going to be doing, and what direction they're going to head in, even if it is different from the manga.
I'll assume you are being sarcastic with that, though I'm sure Excalibur himself would agree with that statement.

I've been wondering if the whole Kiishin egg thing was some sign of things, but I'm not sure yet.

I'd say we'll at least stay true to the manga through vol. 6. I hope they don't decide to leave some characters out of the show though.

Old 2008-05-29, 07:25   Link #37
Zoe

Quote:
I'd say we'll at least stay true to the manga through vol. 6. I hope they don't decide to leave some characters out of the show though.
The new kids have been shown a couple of times already.
Old 2008-05-29, 08:33   Link #38
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

For sure, they'll stick to the manga throughout this first major arc, as indicated by the OP.

But after that who knows?
Old 2008-05-29, 08:33   Link #39
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

As some BG characters..

I do hope they took part in some actions if the anime decide to deviate from the manga at one point.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-29, 09:12   Link #40
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Guys...remember since Excalibur technically hasnt been shown yet, (minus the quick preview) let's keep the talk of him out of the weekly thread ok, manga and or character discussion is fine.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread