Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-23, 01:10   Link #21
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
well maybe she likes the taste of feet ;o at least her own...and maybe Yoruichi's >.>
I like them feet too (thats my foot-fetish talking)
Old 2010-06-23, 01:33   Link #22
Jerseykid

Worst bankai in history heh, I feel so bad for Soifon and I don't even like her character. If it's this tough to come up with stuff please let the community help you.
Old 2010-06-23, 01:39   Link #23
Lendial

i agree its a little underwhelming, as if we did not have enough high powered energy blasts ala rainbow cero.
Old 2010-06-23, 03:54   Link #24
astrallionheart

Brings back memories of Star Ship Troopers and the radiological rocket launcher

"NUKE EM!"
Old 2010-06-23, 05:15   Link #25
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kubo once said that Zanpakutous are weigthless to their shinigamis? And now Soi Fon's bankai is apparently too heavy for her to move.

Also, I'm a little creeped out by the Shinigami picturem book.
Old 2010-06-23, 05:59   Link #26
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kubo once said that Zanpakutous are weigthless to their shinigamis? And now Soi Fon's bankai is apparently too heavy for her to move.
That is correct. In an interview by Shonen Jump that was published in June 2007, Kubo was asked "How can Ichigo swing a sword that looks heavier than he is? Is he secretly working out at home?"

Kubo's response was: "Well, no. To begin with, a zanpaku-tou isn't something you'd swing with your muscles. Ichigo's zanpaku-tou comes from inside him, so he wouldn't find it heavy. If Ichigo tried to wield Renji's zanpaku-tou, Zabimaru, he'd find it heavy."
Old 2010-06-23, 06:58   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is has to be the most impractical bankai ever. MisterJB brings up a very good point though... maybe her bankai is heavy because of its enormous spiritual pressure? Or Kubo forgot.

I liked the shinigami picture book, but the preview was the best. Good ol' Ukitake luring children with candies... I'd be worried if I were Starrk too.
Old 2010-06-23, 11:11   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Funny how people bring up the point of gravity when Kira wins his battles by multiplying the weight of the enemy's weapon...if it's zero by default then Wabisuke's useless
Old 2010-06-23, 12:13   Link #29
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Let's just not believe anything Kubo says in interviews, then.
Old 2010-06-23, 12:29   Link #30
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Let's just not believe anything Kubo says in interviews, then.
Good points in Bleach are like Santa. They exists if you believe what they tell you and you are not thinking about it.
Old 2010-06-23, 13:30   Link #31
bombyethan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That is correct. In an interview by Shonen Jump that was published in June 2007, Kubo was asked "How can Ichigo swing a sword that looks heavier than he is? Is he secretly working out at home?"

Kubo's response was: "Well, no. To begin with, a zanpaku-tou isn't something you'd swing with your muscles. Ichigo's zanpaku-tou comes from inside him, so he wouldn't find it heavy. If Ichigo tried to wield Renji's zanpaku-tou, Zabimaru, he'd find it heavy."
maybe she's just not used to her bankai yet, just like Hitsuguya
Old 2010-06-23, 15:03   Link #32
Lumir

Unless they do some explaining in the next episode... Why would she even release her bankai if she completely despises it, and from the looks of things it would be completely useless against barrigan.

The preview looked promising though. Espada #1 gots some cero shooting GUN!
Old 2010-06-23, 15:05   Link #33
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
The preview looked promising though. Espada #1 gots some cero shooting GUN!
I am 100% sure that his resurrecion will be shown in next week's spoiler-OP
Old 2010-06-23, 15:09   Link #34
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Episode was a bit meh. Omeda is just so annoying. i really wish Barragan had done away with him.

Looks like Stark might finally release..judgin by the preview..which should be awesome
Old 2010-06-23, 15:51   Link #35
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ Depends on what counts as awesome. Having seen his later form in the manga it was like WTFOMGPHAIL! But at least the transformation sequence may be interesting.
Old 2010-06-23, 19:38   Link #36
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
maybe she's just not used to her bankai yet, just like Hitsuguya
Id agree though out of all the bankai users...she must be the least synchronised with hers. To have all her advantages in battle taken away in that mode..whats up with that...?

Hitsugaya's bankai is not fully realised but it doesnt ever really hinder him. Hes better off in bankai than shikai...its just he cant control its max power....but its still very useable.

Renji also needs training with his bankai but it doesnt him hinder at all either...he just needs to be able to move it faster...maintain it longer. Hes also better off in his bankai than shikai.
Old 2010-06-23, 21:50   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This is has to be the most impractical bankai ever. MisterJB brings up a very good point though... maybe her bankai is heavy because of its enormous spiritual pressure? Or Kubo forgot.

I liked the shinigami picture book, but the preview was the best. Good ol' Ukitake luring children with candies... I'd be worried if I were Starrk too.
Probable that Kubo just doesn't care. I mean it doesn't appear like her bankai had much thought behind it considering it's just a giant missile.

Yeah just like Ukitake to be playing around with children and luring them with candies. Though I still think he could be spending his time better, like actually helping his allies out .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Id agree though out of all the bankai users...she must be the least synchronised with hers. To have all her advantages in battle taken away in that mode..whats up with that...?

Hitsugaya's bankai is not fully realised but it doesnt ever really hinder him. Hes better off in bankai than shikai...its just he cant control its max power....but its still very useable.

Renji also needs training with his bankai but it doesnt him hinder at all either...he just needs to be able to move it faster...maintain it longer. Hes also better off in his bankai than shikai.
Yeah I think Hitsugaya and Renji are better off with their bankai since they actually want to use them and work on it. Don't think there is much point comparing her to Hitsugaya since while there is untapped potential he already has a lot of abilities usable with it.

I think an interesting comparable would be Ikkaku since both don't want to use their bankai though for different reasons. In the end Soi Fon's disliking the type of bankai it is probably holds her back more than anyone else. Though I do wonder what more she could do with it even with training.
Old 2010-06-23, 23:53   Link #38
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Funny how people bring up the point of gravity when Kira wins his battles by multiplying the weight of the enemy's weapon...if it's zero by default then Wabisuke's useless
Indeed.... and if faced against Barragan it would rot and decay before it ever reaches its target...
Old 2010-06-24, 00:02   Link #39
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
/NC, EXPLAIN KUBO, EXPLAIN!!!

Old 2010-06-24, 00:37   Link #40
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

I love how Shunsui doesn't worry at all about the strength of his opponent. Stark's cero is amazing and he is having no problems at all. Also I guess I'm the only one who likes the idea of Soi Fon's bankai. My only problem with it is that it doesn't fit her. But if her vice captain had it I think it would be more accepted. I really don't like how Omeada was able to last against the number 2 espada, if Matsumoto and the other lieutenants couldn't deal with fraccion.
Closed Thread