AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-02, 16:10   Link #21
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Would anyone wants to figure out why Jinki:Extend hasn't been licensed yet?

It's one of the few remaining 2005 anime titles pending for licensing.

My bet goes that ADV films will secure the license for it eventually.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 13:08   Link #22
Sides

So, who has bought it and who has watch it (the OVA) ?
Would be nice to have a summary of it ^^.

Just skipped through that episode,
what i can say is no jinki in action ;_;

Last edited by Sides; 2006-03-12 at 15:42.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 20:56   Link #23
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
Just skipped through that episode,
what i can say is no jinki in action ;_;
Did you get it form torrent? If so, can you send me a copy of the torrent?
Old 2006-03-17, 06:35   Link #24
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Yeah, I'd like a summary on it too. The download for episode 13 is going so freaking slow (literally 1 kb per second ), and I'm starting to get bloodthirsty...
Old 2006-03-17, 11:04   Link #25
apr
Pedestrian

Summary? Um, well, we get to meet all the girls again, as they ponder their future. One last fireworks party, and then they're off to pursue their dreams, be it to meet a broken mother, find a long-lost brother, or perform Jinki research.

It's a very pretty episode (photography, music), but story-wise it goes nowhere. You're not missing anything.
Old 2006-03-18, 03:11   Link #26
Knowname

So it rivals that Kannon special for irrelativity??? lol
Knowname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 04:15   Link #27
pianocello

Do we get any Rui x Aoba "moments" if you know what I mean? Also, any fanservice?
pianocello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 04:42   Link #28
apr
Pedestrian

Well, they're all bouncing around in yukata, which could count as fanservice. There's a shower scene with whatshername (blue hair; has an older brother; voiced by Ai Nonaka) as well. Um, nothing else that stuck in my mind.

There's a nice mother-daughter scene, and the episode is very pleasant to watch overall. It's just disappointing that it doesn't seem to finish the show, after the previous 12 episodes failed so miserably.
Old 2006-03-19, 05:33   Link #29
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Is there any resolution between the two of them? Does Shizuka ask for forgiveness or express any love towards Aoba?
I wasn't thinking of that couple. And I'm trying to spoil as little as possible. :)
Old 2006-04-04, 13:08   Link #30
Kensuke

Yay, Jinki:Extend OVA is subbed by Ayu.
*Downloading*
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 18:14   Link #31
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I was just about to post the announcement too. Long live Ayu!
Old 2006-04-05, 03:24   Link #32
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Spoiler for Episode 13:

EDIT: Oh, and there were a few small and some big mistrnaslations here and there, but otherwise a good sub. Fyi.
Old 2006-05-14, 22:11   Link #33
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I have seen now the thirteenth episode. The animation quality was inconsistent compared to the rest of the TV series considering it was a DVD-released episode.

Some bad drawing and design at certain close up shots. The eyes of the entire female cast looked more penetrating than were in the TV series. Their eyes seem like when both Rena and Mion (from Higurashi Naku no Koroni) go psychotic, oyashiro mode.

The story itself was inconsistent with the plot of the TV series. There is no mention whatsoever of Kokushou as if had been eaten by earth.

It doesn't give closure to exactly what was the 'Lost Life Phenomena', the legacy of Wakana, the reasons behind Angels conception, and Kokusho's quest for vengeance.
In the last TV episode there's a close shot of the unmasked Kokushou followed after by the ending credits, "To Be Extended", which suggested that the OVA would carry on a final climax against him.

But everything is absolutely discarded.

Spoiler:

And it was nice too to hear the ending theme, Mirai Yuuna Kotae, playing in the OVA episode after a long time.
Old 2006-05-14, 23:14   Link #34
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
It doesn't give closure to exactly what was the 'Lost Life Phenomena'
While it wasn't specifically pointed out in the TV series, in the manga it was explained that Kyomu and the Hasshoujin were behind the Lost Life Phenomenon. Kyomu would wipe out the cities and kill the populace with Jinkis and cyborg soldiers.

Another indication of how the TV series fails, and the manga succeeds. Why did they have to kill the anime by limiting it to only 13 episodes... >.>
Old 2006-05-15, 00:05   Link #35
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
While it wasn't specifically pointed out in the TV series, in the manga it was explained that Kyomu and the Hasshoujin were behind the Lost Life Phenomenon. Kyomu would wipe out the cities and kill the populace with Jinkis and cyborg soldiers.

Another indication of how the TV series fails, and the manga succeeds. Why did they have to kill the anime by limiting it to only 13 episodes... >.>
A perfect reason to switch to the manga. This OVA episode simply gives a sweet, happy ending particularly to both Aoba and Shizuka, however, it isn't for Ryouhei because he has to carry out a revenge that will remain pending.

Still, the OVA hints that Jinki will continue to be used.

The anime ending like that quite suggests that there won't be more Jinki anime.
Old 2006-05-15, 03:21   Link #36
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I'm hoping that the manga will keep up its current kick@$$-ness, and regroup its fandom that brought the anime to life, then cause another anime to be made, like they're doing with Negima. (although it hasn't been confirmed by anyone at all what the new Negima series will be, I would think, and I hope, that it will be a re-doing rather than a sequel to the previous series )

What they need to do is not make it a twelve episode series. This was undoubtedly the TV series' problem, since they started to rush things in episode 5, like taking out Shousei to save time by not having another character to use up screentime. Ryouhei's reduction in importance in the TV series is also a big indicator that the TV series was too short. And in hindsight, even the flashback-to-flashforward thing gave a hint of rushed-ness, as it seems like it was there to set up the 1991 setting while the 1988 setting was being set up.

Jinki fans, unite! We must press for a remake!!
Old 2006-05-15, 13:44   Link #37
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Shinji103 you've got me curious about the manga. Has it been translated? or do I need my Kanji dictionary?
Unfortunately at the moment, the only US releases for the Jinki manga is Jinki: Extend volumes 1-3. The US release of JInki: Extend has apparently been temporarily halted, probably due to the fact that manga volume 8 was only released last month, and it only takes a mere 2 months at most to translate a manga volume and put it on the uS market, so I think they're probably just waiting for the Japanese manga to get some headway before resuming it. However, they apparently had problems with the licensing of the first Jinki manga, and that is currently unavailable in the states. I don't know of any scanlators doing this series.

I say whip out your kanji dictionary (although you won't need that if you can read hiragana and katana, since the kanji in the manga has furigana for the kanji).
Old 2006-05-15, 15:37   Link #38
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

How did Shizuka become insane and eventually chose to support Kokushou?
(in the manga)

Spoiler:

How come Kokushou has never physically aged in both manga and anime?
Old 2006-05-15, 17:47   Link #39
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
How did Shizuka become insane and eventually chose to support Kokushou?
(in the manga)
Although it hasn't been specifically explained yet, Kokusho used limited brainwashing to make Kousei fight Aoba in Jinki volume 4, so I'm sure he brainwashed Shizuka in the manga, too. It wouldn't have been hard, since all he would have had to do was use the feelings of love she already had for him back before everything went to hell in the volume 7 flashback.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Yep.

Quote:
How come Kokushou has never physically aged in both manga and anime?
Don't know about this one yet. They'll probably explain it at some point.
Old 2006-05-25, 18:29   Link #40
ViewtifulAlchemist

I thought there would be "more" to this OVA than what was presented. I haven't seen the original J:E series in quite some time but I remember thinking there were some serious issues that needed to be addressed in the, at that point in time, upcoming OVA but from what I've seen nothing interesting happened. I don't even remember most of issues but glancing at this thread help recall a few and even those didn't really get solved/addressed.

I forgot most of the girls' backstories besides Aoba, Rui, and that other girl blonde (now brown?) girl Aoba fought in the end of the original series but it didn't seem to matter as the OVA was basically "the girls find their path and move on, The End. Oh yeah, Ryouhei is still alive...doing stuff" type deal.

Pretty pointless OVA even though the

Spoiler:
and hearing the ED from the TV series again were very nice.
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote