AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-05-25, 15:15   Link #21
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

The bossman has rented out a theatre for the company, so I'll be seeing it at about 8am (ugh not a morning person) with my family, we shall see!
The kids're excited at any rate.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 12:19   Link #22
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Exclamation Loosely Hangs from the Rope.....

This is the first part one out of two for my review of X-MEN: Last Stand.

The night of yesterday my friends and I went to watch the premier of X-Men III in my country at my local theater. I really did have expectations for the film, but after coming through the cinema screening I have mixed feelings that the last X-Men delivery on the silver screen substantially fell flat on one end of the spectrum, though it accomplished several production and character values.

WARNING. Please read message on spoiler tag.
Spoiler for ”For those who have not seen yet the film, then stop reading prior to this point. Spoilers ahead”:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 13:37   Link #23
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Spoiler for ”For those who have not seen yet the film, then stop reading prior to this point. Spoilers ahead”:
The cubs and I saw it this morning, and, if I seperate myself from the woman who grew up on these, it's not a bad flick.

Spoiler for ”The comic geek in me had the following to say”:

Wow that ended up a lot longer than I thought, I'll shut up now

Old 2006-05-26, 16:34   Link #24
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Lightbulb But Makes It Through

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew
The cubs and I saw it this morning, and, if I seperate myself from the woman who grew up on these, it's not a bad flick.
Despite the film’s serious flaws, I applaud the production for having developed the key characters with enough screentime and best visual plus make-up effects in shooting every action sequence.

This is the second part two out of two for my review on X-MEN: Last Stand

Spoiler for For those who have not seen yet the film, then stop reading prior to this point. Spoilers ahead:

It will be unfair for me to grade X-MEN: Last Stand with a five due to the superior acting of the key characters plus the aesthetically stunning visuals and choreographics, therefore, I will give it a six.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 17:12   Link #25
monster

Saw it at the midnight premiere and I must say, that as a casual movie viewer, I love this movie. But as someone who grew up with X-Men, among other things, I'm a bit (just a bit) disappointed at what they've done with some of the characters. Hopefully the end scenes with Magneto, and the extra after the credits, is a sign that they may decide to do another one (maybe not in the near future) because I don't like the ending of X-Men to be like what this movie presented.

The best part of the movie is the Kitty action.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 17:41   Link #26
edkwon
Banned

Man i didn't realize the hot chick storm was fighting was Callisto from the comic books, makes sense tho the two constantly having it at each other.

Movie version is much better looking too.

Comic version

Movie version

Wow and i just read that while Stan Lee had his usual cameo, this time as the dude watering his lawn in the OP scene, longtime X-men writer Christ Claremont was the dude moving his lawn, lol.

Ed
edkwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 23:39   Link #27
Yakult

Wow... the ending was so sad in my opinion ): I never actually read the comics or anything but this is the first time a movie got me sad o_o Anyone kind of get reminded of Elfen Lied when they saw X-Men: III though? haha x]

Spoiler:
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 19:37   Link #28
Aisu
Junior Warrior

I was really dissapointed with the movie. In all truth I don't think that the woman that played Jean did a great part. Her acting skills were basic and did not manege to preperly act the high roll she was given.
Aisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 20:03   Link #29
jedinat

The movie was horrible. The quality was way below the first two. Crappy acting and dialogue. The story was pathetic. The actions and decisions of many of the characters made no sense and was inconsistent with their established personalities of the first two films. I'm not even even an X-Men fan and they way they handled a lot of the characters offended me. Overall a very painful experience.
The last scene [with the chess piece] was good though. Prevented me from feeling totally sickened as I left the theatre.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 00:42   Link #30
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
The movie was horrible. The quality was way below the first two. Crappy acting and dialogue. The story was pathetic. The actions and decisions of many of the characters made no sense and was inconsistent with their established personalities of the first two films. I'm not even even an X-Men fan and they way they handled a lot of the characters offended me. Overall a very painful experience.
The last scene [with the chess piece] was good though. Prevented me from feeling totally sickened as I left the theatre.

Oh c'mon now. It wasn't that bad. And that was NOT the last scene of the movie. There is a scene after the credits that was more than worth the wait. If you see the movie, you MUST stay until after the credits.

Spoiler:
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 01:24   Link #31
real folk blues..

the movie was awful...awful awful awful.. the fight scenes, and indeed the war was uninspiring.. this goes side by side with aeon flux in my book
it was just..horrid.
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 01:39   Link #32
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner
Oh c'mon now. It wasn't that bad. And that was NOT the last scene of the movie. There is a scene after the credits that was more than worth the wait. If you see the movie, you MUST stay until after the credits.

Spoiler:
The only thing I would give X3 credits for is the extreme eye-candy and the a-list actors and actresses. Other than that I agree with what jedinat says.

I feel annoyed with this movie even though I detached my comic!verse self from the movies.

Spoiler:
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 04:42   Link #33
real folk blues..

not to mention the juggernaut, isn't he supposed to be xavier's brother?
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 07:52   Link #34
Shi-chan
Chanchanchan

I kinda liked this movie, watched it yesterday in theater. But I figured out that it's more a movie like: sit back, relax and put your brainactivity at 0%.

Spoiler:
Shi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 09:38   Link #35
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
not to mention the juggernaut, isn't he supposed to be xavier's brother?
......That quote alone is proof that only the hardcore or loyal fans of the X-men comics would complain on the movies not being like the comics. And isn't Rogue supposed to be older, be pretty strong and can fly by default? yes but Guess what IT'S A MOVIE ABOUT THE COMICS SO OF COURSE THERES GONNA BE CHANGES FROM COMICS. Just deal with the fact that the movies DOES NOT have to be EXACTLY the same as the comics. Some people just can't be open-minded....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 11:38   Link #36
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
......That quote alone is proof that only the hardcore or loyal fans of the X-men comics would complain on the movies not being like the comics. And isn't Rogue supposed to be older, be pretty strong and can fly by default? yes but Guess what IT'S A MOVIE ABOUT THE COMICS SO OF COURSE THERES GONNA BE CHANGES FROM COMICS. Just deal with the fact that the movies DOES NOT have to be EXACTLY the same as the comics. Some people just can't be open-minded....
You're right of course. But do bear in mind it's rather hard to part with loyal fans of the comics and then try to detach themselves from the movie. Nonetheless, it doesn't matter if Juggernaut isn't related to Xavier or anything, it would've helped if random mutants didn't pop up and there was plenty of inconsistency to go along with it.

X3 is mindless, ridiculous fun. But it's no great movie.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 12:14   Link #37
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

I've seen it last Friday, and wasn't as impressed as the first two chapter, I don't know why, it's just that I'm not going to watch it a 2nd time

Also, I'm happy I'm used to sit until the credits end
So at the end of the movie, most of the people who have watched it just quit the room without even knowing what really happened
Old 2006-05-28, 12:51   Link #38
Nuke Mayhem
Shopping Hero 4ever

Send a message via AIM to Nuke Mayhem Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Mayhem
I thought the movie was ok, but I have to say that hardcore fans of the X-Men Comics, Mavel Comics and the Pheonix Saga are going to hate this film because it broke some major unwriten rules of franchise based movies.

1.Never kill or depower imporatant key characters to the franchise.
2.Never rewrite the orgin stories of characters.
3.Always leave it open ended for any kind of sequal(well the little extra after the credits might change that).

I heard a 2nd trilogy might come after this, so I'm hoping it's one about Apocalypes.
Nuke Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 13:13   Link #39
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Yeesh, I'd hate to think how they'd butcher the Apocalypse series...

Old 2006-05-28, 13:32   Link #40
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Spoiler: