Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-22, 19:10   Link #381
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post

@Dann and triple R yeah I'd take C.C. seriously if her ass wasn't shown in very interesting positions in promo pics, hell I'd take the series seriously if it didn't have pointless fanservice and yaoiservice in the show or promo pics.
Well, the series as a whole hasn't been too heavy on fanservice - just the last three episodes.

But Kallen is nearing Mikuru (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) territory. And, even as a fairly big tMoHS fan, I find it hard to take Mikuru seriously, since she's almost always played for comic relief/fanservice.

Hopefully, Kallen will get to kick serious butt in episode 4, and get away from the fanservice for awhile.

Kallen is my favourite female character in the series, and one of my two favourite characters (along with Zero), so I'd hate to see her become Mikuru...
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 20:59   Link #382
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
~snip~
Good post, you said everything I would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I was getting quite frustrated with her blindly following Zero which is why I'm glad the Zero & Kallen kiss scene never happened. After her strong start in season 1 she just become wasted potential. I agree with you that her confrontation with Lelouch is an sign of improvement in her character.
Personally, I'm blindly hoping for that kiss to appear in Season 2. Would mean so much more.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 21:12   Link #383
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It could not have that much meaning as it depends on the context of what causes the kiss. They could have it be a kiss to have her figure out her own feelings which could if they choose to lead to her realizing she doesn't love Lelouch.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 21:14   Link #384
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It could not have that much meaning as it depends on the context of what causes the kiss. They could have it be a kiss to have her figure out her own feelings which could if they choose to lead to her realizing she doesn't love Lelouch.
Which is still much more meaning than what it would have had in Season 1. I never said the outcome had to be positive, it could be negative for all I know.
Old 2008-04-22, 21:20   Link #385
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, the series as a whole hasn't been too heavy on fanservice - just the last three episodes.

But Kallen is nearing Mikuru (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) territory. And, even as a fairly big tMoHS fan, I find it hard to take Mikuru seriously, since she's almost always played for comic relief/fanservice.

Hopefully, Kallen will get to kick serious butt in episode 4, and get away from the fanservice for awhile.

Kallen is my favourite female character in the series, and one of my two favourite characters (along with Zero), so I'd hate to see her become Mikuru...
The difference is that they aren't forced scenes of fan service, whenever fan service was used it served a purpose. Kallen was the bunny girl as part of an operation to recover Lelouch, while Kallen's bathroom scene helped show us she is trying to accept Lelouch as Zero. Was it fan service? Yes. Did it lead to funny scenes? Yes. Did it serve a purpose? Yes.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 21:23   Link #386
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Good post, you said everything I would have.
Lol, I noticed that you and I see eye to eye as far as this is concerned.
Old 2008-04-22, 21:25   Link #387
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
@dom33:

Good post. I agree, but:

This Season just start, like first season, Kallens is more fanservice and fun.

Just join to me to pray for Kallen take a Lancelot or equivalent Nightmare from Lakshata.
Her current nightmare is annoying.
it's more likely she's gonna get a Guren Sanshiki(type 3, instead of Type 2) cause if you look in the Op song when she's grabbing onto that thing at 00:43, you'd see that the arm of her Guren is Black, and there's orange painted designs, on the head, and the head's overall desing has changed a bit, and a new Orange Plate on the chest.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 21:33   Link #388
Hadezu

So now, after she knows that Lelouche is Zero, will she have the same feeling for zero? I mean, She loves Zero, but not lelouche.

(in b4 ep 2)
Hadezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 21:38   Link #389
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Which is still much more meaning than what it would have had in Season 1. I never said the outcome had to be positive, it could be negative for all I know.
True. Still, it's more likely to have a positive outcome for all the pairing fans since the fact they moved it to R2 when every other girl already had a shot must mean they wanted to keep the kiss until R2 where tey were going to have romance.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-22, 21:42   Link #390
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadezu View Post
So now, after she knows that Lelouche is Zero, will she have the same feeling for zero? I mean, She loves Zero, but not lelouche.

(in b4 ep 2)
I would imagine that is what Kallen fans want to happen, and if they are having scenes between Kallen and Lelouch as early as episode 2 just a few minutes after he gets his memory and scenes where Kallen is trying to accept Lelouch as Zero the very next episode it's clear that is something they want to develop. Hell, we haven't even had a scene where Kallen, C.C. and Lelouch are in the same room except the very first part where Kallen busts through the roof with her knightmare.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 21:43   Link #391
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
True. Still, it's more likely to have a positive outcome for all the pairing fans since the fact they moved it to R2 when every other girl already had a shot must mean they wanted to keep the kiss until R2 where tey were going to have romance.
Anything is possible, nothing is definite. They've already given Shirley development which could also eventually lead to a deal-sealing. Right now we don't know enough to simply say that something will mean choice A or B or even C.
Old 2008-04-23, 00:50   Link #392
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Personally, I'm blindly hoping for that kiss to appear in Season 2. Would mean so much more.
Oh definitely and it would no longer be a (reassuring) kiss between Kallen and Zero but a kiss between Kallen and Lelouch which is what matters in the end. Kallen was my first half favorite in season 1 but C.C just overtook her while Kallen's stock slipped in my eyes. Looks like I'm in the Kallen "camp" this season though I still really like C.C... really wouldn't mind if it went either way.. no Shirley please...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 01:06   Link #393
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, the Kallen camp may be the safest bet since they seem to be pushing her character development insanely so far. She'll overtake any prominence C.C. has by episode 10 the way things are going.

Old 2008-04-23, 01:12   Link #394
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm still pretty evenly split between them but from the first 3 episodes I haven't really felt like discussing C.C... though the way she turned Kallen's "us" into "don't you mean me" was gold. I hope C.C gets some good scenes rather quickly...
Old 2008-04-23, 01:15   Link #395
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

This is Kallen's time now since they moved her story to R2. C.C. doesn't look like she'll be involved much at all so there isn't going to be anything worth seeing except some funny scenes.

Old 2008-04-23, 02:23   Link #396
Aquaman OS

Well what else can they do with C.C. now? If they go into her anymore then they have they'll start getting into her past and Geass and the World of C and thats mid series to endgame stuff right there.

They pretty much cut Kallen out to get C.C. stuff in during season 1. Now its the other way around. All's fair I say.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 02:28   Link #397
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@fenrir alright I suppose so.

@dann ok the promo pics are my fault for looking at them but is this my fault?(that image gives me nightmares) the Kallen camp does seem have the best bet.

@triple R isn't TMoSH a comedy/sci-fi?

@aquaman that's fair and it is true they can't do much with C.C. right now.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.

Last edited by dom33; 2008-04-23 at 03:47.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 08:16   Link #398
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Well what else can they do with C.C. now? If they go into her anymore then they have they'll start getting into her past and Geass and the World of C and thats mid series to endgame stuff right there.

They pretty much cut Kallen out to get C.C. stuff in during season 1. Now its the other way around. All's fair I say.
Actually, besides 11, 15, and 25, C.C. didn't have much "stuff" though this can be attributed to the fact that revealing too much about her would probably spoil parts of the plot.

But yeah, C.C. isn't going to get anything till later when they go into the Geass stuff, since that is pretty much all she is good for. She didn't have much to start with.

Old 2008-04-23, 08:53   Link #399
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I want to make this clear before i post, i am a Kallen fan, and a supported or KallenxLelouch. That being said, i can see realistically there are only two possibilities. First is CCxLelouch, second is Lelouch is single/dead. Given how this anime is going, i'd say single is the best bet right now. While the other girls may have their moments, CC is the only one to love everything about Lelouch. Kallen hates Lelouch and Shirley hates zero. without accepting those as part of him, they have no shot. Development means nothing when you already have a girl who was developed early on.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 08:57   Link #400
Westlo
Lets be reality

But didn't Kallen start to dislike/hate Lelouch because of his comments about 11's? (Anyone know what episode this was btw, I'll like to rewatch that scene) Surely in the year since she discovered that Lelouch = Zero she can understand why he said that to her in that situation. That comment was a success in distancing Kallen from his Lelouch persona but it blew up in his face when she found out Zero = Lelouch in the cave.

It's clear to me she's started to soften up to Lelouch and I'm sure the next few episodes will continue that. As for what will happen.. I'm going with..

C.C 30% (doesn't mean C.C will stay alive, could be a bittersweet ending for this pairing)
Kallen 20%
Single 15%
Dead 15%
Shirley 10%
Harem 10% (It's good to be king)