AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-13, 04:57   Link #461
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
I already post some of the pic in image thrend, but well.. I will add some stuffs and its not anime image anymore, so I move it here.

Quina Investigation:
CC's origin: CC is a Slovenian.

ED Ep 13 shows us screen which proven to be interesting. Its a scene which she was standing looking down on cliff. Notice 2 things the scene and the dress she is in.
CC looking down to a beautiful lake in slovenia.

Quote:
Scene: The scene is from a bled castle in solevania. The building on the case of the mountain is a chuch (I have more pic later), and upon the mountain top is a castle.
On a side note: the scene she is looking at is actaully shown once before in Lulu's vision when he is inside CC.

scene inside CC's vision. Blend castle in slovenia. Church in the pic too.
zoom in to mountain top

Some more info on http://www.slovenia.info/?grad=314
Quote:
Clothing: Please take a a look at this picture:
Slovenia clothes
CC ED
well.. I know they are not hot, but notice their clothing? These clothes are actually Slovenia traditional clothes. (country where the last photo are).
If you compare them to what CC is wearing in the ED.
They are the same. Hat, long skirt, apron, long sleeves etc.... does that say anything about where she is from? or may be she is just visiting lol.
Because of the weirdly similarity, so I investigate the church a bit: This is inside the church.

Quote:
CC killed, last ED this is from the chapel..
Quote:
Jesus look up to Holy Ghost shaped of bird
bird shape power... Geass?
Quote:
Sun god is called by having a person being cut... well.. CC was being cut.
Lulu's vision of the sun while he was inside CC (a budha, well a god was shown the next shot).
It is too similar to said its totally not connected, I think the artist use this place while he was thinking of the story, if not intend to have it as a part of the story later on... After all Japan is in there, Britain is in there, no reason Slovenia can't be in there.

Quote:
The whole things kinda indicates that CC is either:
- a Slovania who gained the power from god through some ritual (thus her scar). She then lose her memory sometime after that..which wouldn't quite make sense.
OR
- she is a god(?) herself (descend from Jupiter) and was worshiped by her people (Slovania). She lost her memory of what she was before the decendance. The town was attacked (historian here?) and she can do nothing to save her people, so they went against her (throwing rocks etc at the church). The girl with geass eyes inside Lulu's vision is probably the first person CC made contract with (may be this girl call her name or something). If this is the case then her wish is probably want to return to where her belongs. She then has been giving out geass to people in exchange so that those people will help her get there in some way.
Just for a fun note: http://www.20000-names.com/female_slovene_names.htm these are some common female slovenian name. may be CC's name is in there!? CIRILA meaning "lord" suits her lol especially if people think she is god and stuffs so they name her that way.

Last edited by quina; 2007-01-13 at 13:39. Reason: added holy ghost info, thanks to sonhex
Old 2007-01-13, 06:00   Link #462
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
...ceiling of the church, Painting of people warshipping a bird shaped god?
Um, that would be the Holy Ghost and the people are Jesus and his dad. Small detail, I know

Does look like the scenery and clothes are quite European.
Old 2007-01-13, 07:49   Link #463
Viperus

I live in the country next to Slovenia

It might be possible that the Sunrise creators stole it from Slovenia , but i think they'll make something up , not related to european countries. And last time I checked , the great Slovenian hero Kekec didn't have Geass. ^_^
Old 2007-01-13, 08:10   Link #464
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Who knows. Maybe his geass was the "Dobra volja" - good mood XD Eitherway it's a fun theory and it wouldn't be the first time Slovenia was show in the anime. There was even a map of the area i live in Eureka Seven XD

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-01-13, 15:48   Link #465
attobyte

About Lelouch and the geass power.
Well Lelouch is a student and has little if not none combat training, even less killing experience, so on ep 01 soon after he used geass to kill the special forces his face reverted from frightened to psychotic. In this sense, I can say that either geass has somekind of side effect which triggers one's killing (psychotic) instincts or Lelouch's hate is on a whole new plane of knowledge.
Other creepy thing is Lelouch's memory loss about Lancelot, in ep 11 he almost wet his pants and still he forgets to deal with it.
Old 2007-01-13, 16:48   Link #466
quina

anyway found more stuffs... lol

CC is a slovenian (continued).

These are some pictures from War for slovenia (1991)
model of thank used in the invasion CC running away from a tank with the same model.

The way soldiers dress in the invasion. soldiers' attack in CC memory.

Clearly they both are similar if not exactly the same.... This with whats post above clearly indicates that CC is indeed Slovenian, it is also possible that it is the first place she reach earth from her trip from Jupiter when the last "Ragnarok" occur.
Old 2007-01-13, 17:15   Link #467
attobyte

Another point to speculate: about Suzaku and C. C.
At ep. 02 Suzaku said something about helping Lelouch and that girl (refering to C. C. the girl at the capsule). Later on ep. 11 upon seeing C. C. Suzaku seemed pretty uneasy, in fact due to his reaction I wonder if C. C. really needed to use her power on him, in this sense I can think in two possible cenarios:
1) Suzaku knows C. C. from his childhood (the very begining of ep 01) or he thinks C. C. is a relative of that woman, considering that he doesn't know that C. C. doesn't age nor dies.

*** In fact C. C. existence in Japan made me think that she is some kind of "venon factor" whose sole purpose is to manipulate politics (Suzaku's father) weakening the target country making it easy to invade ... ... ...; I even thought that C. C. could be Suzaku's mother along with other cretin things so, don't take this paragraph seriously ***

2) Suzaku knows what C. C. is, or rather what "C. C. project" is, this is hard to shallow but not impossible since he is in the army and can look things from inside out.
Old 2007-01-13, 17:45   Link #468
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
anyway found more stuffs... lol

CC is a slovenian (continued).

These are some pictures from War for slovenia (1991)
model of thank used in the invasion CC running away from a tank with the same model.

The way soldiers dress in the invasion. soldiers' attack in CC memory.

Clearly they both are similar if not exactly the same.... This with whats post above clearly indicates that CC is indeed Slovenian, it is also possible that it is the first place she reach earth from her trip from Jupiter when the last "Ragnarok" occur.
...The tank in C.C.'s picture is an old World War I British Mark I model - the first battle tank issued to the British Army. Provided there is a same evolution/development/progress pattern in the CG world, there is theoretically still seventy to eighty years of difference between the two models (the Mark I being a battle tank and that Slovenian Armored Personnel Carrier looking horribly like a Russian-developed BMP or BMD spinoff; the style certainly matches former Soviet APCs' shapes). Moreover, you can see biplanes flying in the background - which greatly resemble Great Britain's famous Sopwith Camels used in WWI. To add to the list, there is also a trench with soldiers lined within - a blatant reference to the trench wars from WWI that were ultimately won when the British finally went ahead and developed the Mk I to wipe out the German troops fighting from those trenches...and who were underpowered against mobile, armored targets. Nowadays trenches are not that used anymore. Mobility, speed and stealth are paramount and I doubt soldiers would dig trenches like that (unless, of course it's turned to a war of attrition like for WWI) - rather, they'd prefer dig up foxholes for one or two persons (a shooter and a loader/spotter) with a rocket launcher or whatnot.

Sorry, but all details here point to a WWI-era conflict.

Second, the soldiers wearing those long coats are unlikely to be seen nowadays. We now wear fatigues and short load-bearing vests (like the MOLLE/ALICE system) that have become almost standard issue throughout the world except for certain countries that prefer a certain rusticity (either because they find it more convenient than sophisticated materiel or it's too expensive to field it to everyone, for lack of funds). Rather, those soldiers' attire is more reminiscent of the fatigues developed prior to WWII - and somewhat remind me of certain coats Germans had during WWI and even long before that. You might only see Eastern Europe officers or soldiers on non-war patrol wearing that nowadays but certainly not during battle (more like during heavy weather and the like). And in that theoretical span of seventy years, our world's battle dress uniforms (BDUs) certainly changed drastically. The long, bolt-action rifles (they certainly don't look like automatic rifles like the later M1 Garands or the M14s with higher rates of fire) look more like they came from the 1870s-1940s or something like that. They look like Krag-Jorgensens but certainly not like the Avtomat Kalachnikovs (either Obrazet-47 or -74 'Kalakov') the Slovenian Army would use nowadays. Also, bayonet charges are kinda...obsolete. I mean, really. Those are generally used for CQBs, building clearings and prisoners of war (PoW) management. But not for MOUTs (Military Operations in Urban Territory). You seldom see that nowadays.

As for the Jupiter thing, it's not certain they are in Jupiter. Plot devices like magic aside, not only is it a gaseous planet (an orb of various gases that could have become a miniature star but remained thusly) where the atmosphere isn't breathable in the least (and there is no solid surface where a civilization could live on, unless they fancy living in floating settlements) but the gravity there would crush any inhabitant not wearing an exoskeleton or something lessening the strain.

Also, in a recent spoiler (it was an interview either in Pash! v9 or the Newtype mag that was released at the same time), it was said that both C.C. and the Emperor made visits to the spirit world (that's more or less how they worded it) and it was possible for them to meet each other without knowing it.

So let's not say directly that that hovering temple is necessarily on Jupiter. It could be anywhere else, especially if spiritualism, esoterism and whatnot are involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
Another point to speculate: about Suzaku and C. C.
At ep. 02 Suzaku said something about helping Lelouch and that girl (refering to C. C. the girl at the capsule). Later on ep. 11 upon seeing C. C. Suzaku seemed pretty uneasy, in fact due to his reaction I wonder if C. C. really needed to use her power on him, in this sense I can think in two possible cenarios:
That's because Suzaku met C.C. in episode 1, when he mistook Lelouch for an activist. As he was shot and woke up not finding either the girl (who happened to get out from a Britannian Army-issued container, which makes her something to focus on) and Lelouch, it was normal for him to be worried. Moreover, when he was reunited with Lelouch at Ashford, his friend lied by saying that she had 'disappeared somewhere' during the battle.

Of course, seeing her suddenly show (I mean, how can you mistake her with that white camisole and green hair of hers?) up in the middle of a battle (again!) and helping an enemy while, ten eps ago she was portrayed as a victim (either of circumstances or something else), will shock him. Not only doesn't it make sense but Suzaku will try to find out who she is exactly and what is her role in all of this. Had he known her before and during his knowledge, I am certain his reaction to first seeing her during ep1 would have been a little more eloquent or we would have had truck-sized hints that he has even the inkling of a clue as to who C.C. is. But right now it's now. He's just bewildered by her showing up after disappearing into thin air.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-01-14 at 05:14.
Old 2007-01-14, 03:50   Link #469
ccardoso
Banned

Is it possible that C.C. is some kind of weapon developed by the Chinese Federation? I ask this because it has only been hinted so far that the Chinese Federation is a strong enemy to Britannia so they would have all the interests in create rebellions within Britannia's colonies.
Old 2007-01-14, 05:19   Link #470
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334;799387
As for the Jupiter thing, it's not certain they [I
are [/I]in Jupiter. Plot devices like magic aside, not only is it a gaseous planet (an orb of various gases that could have become a miniature star but remained thusly) where the atmosphere isn't breathable in the least (and there is no solid surface where a civilization could live on, unless they fancy living in floating settlements) but the gravity there would crush any inhabitant not wearing an exoskeleton or something lessening the strain.

Also, in a recent spoiler (it was an interview either in Pash! v9 or the Newtype mag that was released at the same time), it was said that both C.C. and the Emperor made visits to the spirit world (that's more or less how they worded it) and it was possible for them to meet each other without knowing it.

So let's not say directly that that hovering temple is necessarily on Jupiter. It could be anywhere else, especially if spiritualism, esoterism and whatnot are involved.
oh!? so the emperor and CC had out of body experiences...well i find it natural for CC (being already mysterious) but could it be that the emperor has some powers as well?...if the speculation on geass can be said (that each person recieves a different geass ~ as like in russian roulette) then the emperor would be after CC for a new ability (meaning that his powers to leave his body is already a form or geass O.o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Is it possible that C.C. is some kind of weapon developed by the Chinese Federation? I ask this because it has only been hinted so far that the Chinese Federation is a strong enemy to Britannia so they would have all the interests in create rebellions within Britannia's colonies.
id say that the percentage of this statement is 1%...unless some massive fact hits us later ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-14, 05:29   Link #471
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh!? so the emperor and CC had out of body experiences...well i find it natural for CC (being already mysterious) but could it be that the emperor has some powers as well?...if the speculation on geass can be said (that each person recieves a different geass ~ as like in russian roulette) then the emperor would be after CC for a new ability (meaning that his powers to leave his body is already a form or geass O.o)
Well, seeing how the Emperor makes visits to an otherworldly place that hovers midair and features architecture certainly no longer from our time, it is obvious there is more to him than meets the eye. What's left to discover is whether he has spiritual powers of his own or if he's using some sort of contraption to communicate with the spirit world. There was some debate about the translation's accuracy, at the beginning of ep6 when the Emperor mentioned Clovis, but if he can communicate with that said universe, well, maybe he could indeed converse with his departed son's soul. Who knows...

Quote:
C.C. seems to have been there way long before China could have had the technological wherewithal to engineer her...and besides, why would a Chinese weapon suddenly turn up being a nun in Eastern Europe or wherever she was living in? And then in Japan? There is no hint that there is a correlation between her and the CF right now. Rather, she seems more like someone working for her own goals, with possibly a few contacts here and there.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-01-14 at 05:41.
Old 2007-01-14, 05:33   Link #472
SinsI

I wonder what that error which C.C. must not repeat is. Could it be that she was betrayed by Mao who gave her to Britannia's scientists?
Old 2007-01-14, 05:42   Link #473
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I wonder what that error which C.C. must not repeat is. Could it be that she was betrayed by Mao who gave her to Britannia's scientists?
This is an idea I am leaning towards as well... That somehow, CC gave Geass power to Mao 11 years ago under the assumption that he would assist in her goals, whatever they were.

And that something happened, either Mao betrayed her or he made a tactical error that got her captured. Thus, the "mistake" CC made in the past could have been CC placing her trust on someone (Mao) either untrustworthy or incompetent.

An idea just hit me; we all know how CC acted arrogant and don't take orders from Lulu. But what if it was because she got "burned" emotionally by Mao, and as such CC couldn't bring herself to trust Lulu until recently?
Old 2007-01-14, 08:44   Link #474
Darkeyesrina

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyesrina Send a message via MSN to Darkeyesrina
That sounds like a good idea VCV yet I am not sure. We know that CC when and look for Lelouch when he was with Suzaku in Japan, so basically she only stay with Mao for 3-4 years.

That and I wonder if Lelouch is the eldest person that she have give Geass, since the girl on the flashback must be younger than 10 and Mao got it at the age of 6.

Personally I think the error is that she is falling in love with Lelouch knowing that she is most likely taking him to his death. What will really surprise me is to know if the contract can be breaken or if Mao is still under it.
Old 2007-01-14, 13:03   Link #475
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeyesrina View Post
That sounds like a good idea VCV yet I am not sure. We know that CC when and look for Lelouch when he was with Suzaku in Japan, so basically she only stay with Mao for 3-4 years.

That and I wonder if Lelouch is the eldest person that she have give Geass, since the girl on the flashback must be younger than 10 and Mao got it at the age of 6.

Personally I think the error is that she is falling in love with Lelouch knowing that she is most likely taking him to his death. What will really surprise me is to know if the contract can be breaken or if Mao is still under it.
About the contract thing, I think its not actually should be called a "contract". It works more this way. She simply can gives a person some inhuman ability and her only choice is to give it or not.

She also has a goal herself, so she use it as a bargain: to have that person help her achieving her goal. Its more like a "promise". I do not think she can take her "power" back.

That would also explain why call Lulu's promise to date with Shirley a "contract" and she actually tell him to go to the date. "You must follow the contract".." That's what she said.

It also explains why Mao still have it even though he is a total psycho.
Old 2007-01-14, 14:46   Link #476
JayF

Refering to Nina and the Table Scene from 12, will it foretell a Shizuru scene from Nina towards Euphie?

You know how Sunrise like their psycho lesbians, especially for their late night series.
Old 2007-01-14, 14:49   Link #477
ImperialKnight

On a side note, I wonder if the introduction of Jet Lancelot and its aircraft carrier is foreshadowing the conflict expanding from Area 11 into the surrounding areas.

Cornelia and her staff seemed mostly concerned with Zero's influence which has led to some actions being taken by the Chinese Federation. Makes you wonder if were going to see some bigger actions occuring in the nearby future.
Old 2007-01-14, 15:00   Link #478
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
thinking about it i hope that we get to see battle else where in the CG universe (like what happened in area 18 when cornelia smashed it to bits ~ the Chinese Federation is apparently a really big resistance base (well duh to be able to survive) and also the EEU...i hope more about them will be revealed and maybe even have a hand in the destruction of britannia ~ linking it with lulu's aid ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-14, 15:34   Link #479
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
C.C. seems to have been there way long before China could have had the technological wherewithal to engineer her...and besides, why would a Chinese weapon suddenly turn up being a nun in Eastern Europe or wherever she was living in? And then in Japan? There is no hint that there is a correlation between her and the CF right now. Rather, she seems more like someone working for her own goals, with possibly a few contacts here and there.
Hey, it's an alternate universe, you never know.
Old 2007-01-14, 16:12   Link #480
Viperus

She's the devil hersefl XD

and which one is Mao ? How do you know his name? I might've missed something.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers