AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-03-23, 04:11   Link #5781
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Some Crack 4 You

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 04:44   Link #5782
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

^ Uhm.. what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
more crack snippet madness from me...(slightly inspired by Tshuryuu's ideas)

apologies to owning Authors for use of concepts, events or Ideas.

for those not in the know, David 'Eerie' Brown is my Character, now slightly modifed to also be a Shooting arts originator/user and onetime teacher of Subaru and Ginga for purposes of this snippet. also, minor Device/power alters, modded profile up later on.

Section 13 is David's department, basically the Bureau's cold-case and X-files section, hence David's 'eerie' nickname.

Spoiler for Training days again:
Oi oi, how many are we planning to introduce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
and on another note (and explaining one of those events referred to):

Spoiler for meet the family...:

enjoy...
Game influences are always amusing to do. :3 And it does explain how Nanoha was so easily allowed to join the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Nanoha's Beamspam. The moment the beamspam leaves Raising Heart and becomes Beamspam! -- is that still MAGIC? Or has it become SCIENCE?

ディバインバスター・エクステンション - Divine Buster ・ Extension
A 「Bombardment spell」 fired and effected from Mana.
Mana concentrated to high density allows the target to be hit directly at long range, with no decrease in power over distance.
The first offensive spell that Nanoha memorized, after 10 years it has remained one of her favorites, and has also become one of her specialty spells

Nop, Nanoha's beamspam is still magic after it left Raising Heart.

Also, I should point out that Touma's imagine breaker breaks down anything created through supernatural means. Even if Fate were to start throwing around Lightning, it will still be negated on the base that it was created through magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
How about we compromise some? I'm tweak it such that the 500 to 1 becomes something like number 14 took more than 300 tries (damn those micro Spartans blocking successful tissue culture) to get actual cloning to work and nearly 500 to finally succeed in altering the cloned cells. This takes her around 2 years.
Not that I mind, but I'm still confused why there should be 299 dead results at all. I mean, if they're already dead, what does it matter if they're in the story or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
@Keroko: That sparks a dim memory. Didn't Subaru load cartridges before using Oscillating Breaker when she went berserk?
Yeah, she did, but it was also noted by Subaru that the IS used a different form of energy. I think the cartridge loading was more to power her berserking kicks.

Quote:
*Turns off his LURK! field.*

Well, I'll be honest, LE. I am of the school of thought that magic in the Nano-verse is high technology a la Xenosaga. In fact, I believe that is the canonical explanation that high technology is the basis for "magic".
No, technology is used in combination with magic in the Nanohaverse. It is not the base. Case in point: Yuuno.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 05:12   Link #5783
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Well, your first statement is quite an illuminating response on your take of "Magic" in the Nano-verse. But that's cool.

Now, as for the Railgun connundrum, well, gee-whiz, isn't it obvious? Touma nulling the Railgun makes perfect sense. You said so yourself that psychic / esper related phenomenon is delusions made into reality. Therefore:

What is accelerating Railgun?

Mikoto's delusion.

What happened to the 100 yen coin as it was accelerated by her delusion?

It melted / disintegrated.

Therefore, null the delusion and Railgun ceases to be. The 100 yen coin was already destroyed (last time I watched anyways) in the process, so Touma is not in danger from being hit by shrapnel. Also, look at this another way, since Touma nulled the delusion accelerating this coin, it's as if the coin never accelerated in the first place, so it could feasibly just drop right there on the ground in front of him.

And as such, I believe my argument still stands. Is Starlight Breaker - Magic? or Scientific?

If it's magic, obviously Touma wins.

If it's scientific like a gun, he lost. And dang that is the most harmless death ray ever.
*TK suddenly find's himself idly pondering if all the pilots in Ace Combat and Hawx are in fact delusional Espers. Hell it would explain how they can carry 200 missiles and defy the laws of aerodynamics…* Oh sorry, too much HAWX coop tonight. (Which is insanely fun by the way.)

I've been somewhat down this path before and decided that for my own plans it's not really important, since I don't plan to explore the nature or limits of magic. Why it works and where it originates from is less important to me then how it works and the concrete effects it can produce for practical use. Sort of a engineering verse theoretical physics approach I suppose.

Honestly once you get into crossovers like this it largely comes down to what the author says in the end. This rather reminds me of many "verses debates" between universes. Say Universe A has some weapon that can defeat it's version of a shield, so one guy says "Well it will defeat Universes B shields as well". Someone else though says "No it won't universes B shields work differently!". Whose right? Sometimes we can draw on other evidence from the universes to get a decent answer, but sometimes it's basically just a matter of opinion no matter what technobabble one might produce to support their view.

In that kind of situation it's often less important to agonize over such details then it is to just be INTERNALLY consistent with what you decide, the majority of this stuff is ludicrous to start with after all. (Note this is when something is ambiguous, just flying in the face of canon or strongly hinted canon by authorial edict is something else)

Last edited by Tk3997; 2009-03-23 at 05:24.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 06:41   Link #5784
Arkeus

Note two things:

1st, imagination breaker, at least where i was, is limited to touma's hand: If it comes down to it, Nanoha could *easily* target Touma's head with a good numbers of shooters.

2nd: Imagination Breaker, as its name suggest, breaks down delusion. If it works like AMF and destroys magic, purely accelerated attacks like stardust Fall/ Railgun should worry him. If it doesn't and attack the base of it... Well, it, as James said, depends wether Nanoverse' magic is a delusion, or simply a fancy name for an energy the body can collect (remember there *are* artificial magical power cores like the ones in HQ/Cradle.

AS TK said, it comes down to, so far, Author's Word.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 06:54   Link #5785
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
1st, imagination breaker, at least where i was, is limited to touma's hand: If it comes down to it, Nanoha could *easily* target Touma's head with a good numbers of shooters.
Just like how Izzard targeted his body and arm. We know. That Nanoha can hit him if she avoids the hand is kind of beside the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
2nd: Imagination Breaker, as its name suggest, breaks down delusion. If it works like AMF and destroys magic, purely accelerated attacks like stardust Fall/ Railgun should worry him. If it doesn't and attack the base of it... Well, it, as James said, depends wether Nanoverse' magic is a delusion, or simply a fancy name for an energy the body can collect (remember there *are* artificial magical power cores like the ones in HQ/Cradle.
I'm still wondering how this 'breaks down delusions' thing became a fact, because as far as I recall no specifics on Imagine Breaker were ever released.

That aside, for all intents and purposes it's very easy to say Nanohaverse and Toumaverse magic work the same. If we follow the delusions theory, spells are given shape by the casters mind, thus susceptible to Imagine Breaker. Touma had very little problems stopping magically strengthened objects flying towards him before (Railgun in the manga, water dragon and golem in the anime) so the problem lies not so much in whether the objects are physical, but more where the objects are when canceled. For example, the steel bars during the Accelerator fight were right above him. If he had canceled them then and there, gravity would still dictate a steel bar falling down on him.
Old 2009-03-23, 06:57   Link #5786
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Doesn't that argument still depend entirely on the irrational assumption that 'magic' means the same thing between the series?

I'll agree and add that Nanoverse magic works on ambiguous grounds. We have seen ships powered by artificial linker cores; it may be not a big stretch to say that magic in nanoverse is nearly equivalent to alchemy in FMAverse.

At this point, we can chant Arthur C. Clarke's mantra.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 08:57   Link #5787
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Actually, the STAB uses Niven's Corollary:

Any sufficiently advanced Magic is indistinguishable from technology.

Though god help them if The Warlock shows up and starts up a Warlock's Wheel Factory...

@Tshouryuu: apologies for the spelling error, and by all means you can use the names...
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 09:46   Link #5788
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Some Crack 4 You

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ*
Where's the black dude? Every zombiefest has to have a black dude! And I love black dudes, cos they never survive!
Old 2009-03-23, 10:00   Link #5789
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

If Teana is Zoey, who gets to be Louis? Maybe Zafira, since he is of darker skin... (inb4 "that's racist!"). Genya is Bill, and Francis is... hmm... Nove? Or maybe someone else...

Also, I call Smoker.
Old 2009-03-23, 10:19   Link #5790
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Needs to be balder. In the meantime, I call Anita the Witch. Oh f--

*is incapacitated in 1 hit*

See?!
Old 2009-03-23, 10:21   Link #5791
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
*Folds in*

Meanwhile as events unfolded for the Bureau in the bounds of Ordered Space...

Things were also happening for the GDI in the Neutral Zones...

and closing fast towards Ordered Space

======

All sectors clear and okay...

All functions normal...

Stability checked and ok...

All units standby...

Spoiler for And Go!:

Finally the moment has come... and also dibs on the song as well as the idea.

*defolds to finish the profile just as he sees Exelica reload from her rifle pod*
Old 2009-03-23, 10:26   Link #5792
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
and Francis is... hmm... Nove? Or maybe someone else...
Francis is Vice obviously

And Alto is the chopper pilot

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-03-23, 10:32   Link #5793
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
*Folds in*

Meanwhile as events unfolded for the Bureau in the bounds of Ordered Space...

Things were also happening for the GDI in the Neutral Zones...

and closing fast towards Ordered Space

======

All sectors clear and okay...

All functions normal...

Stability checked and ok...

All units standby...

Spoiler for And Go!:

Finally the moment has come... and also dibs on the song as well as the idea.

*defolds to finish the profile just as he sees Exelica reload from her rifle pod*
Ah, I love the increasing trend of Mecha Musume shows. <3
Old 2009-03-23, 10:33   Link #5794
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Artei: If there's anything I like better than girls, it's girls in powered armor! >=D
Vice: So that's how you convinced Arisa to wear one of your creations!
Artei: Yup!

Arisa: ...

Vice: Good luck, Allelujah! I only just saw Marie.
Artei: ...

Consider Artei and the Diviners involved with any of Excelica!

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2009-03-23 at 10:49.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 10:47   Link #5795
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ah, I love the increasing trend of Mecha Musume shows. <3
Actually...

that's the animated OP for the upcoming PS2 Game Triggerheart Exelica Enhanced

FYI: Nana Mizuki is the VA of one of the mains/playable characters.
Old 2009-03-23, 10:49   Link #5796
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The interesting thing about Excelica is how portable it truly is to the Nanohaverse with little modifications, as proven by the awesome animation

Old 2009-03-23, 10:52   Link #5797
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

PS2? Che- If it was PS3 I'd be marking it down for an import...

Here's to the hope they'll animate it.
Old 2009-03-23, 10:55   Link #5798
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
The interesting thing about Excelica is how portable it truly is to the Nanohaverse with little modifications, as proven by the awesome animation
As long as SaintX doesn't go dibs on everything and leave us with nothing but ORIGINAL CONTENT to work with.

...wait. Maybe that IS the point.
Old 2009-03-23, 11:16   Link #5799
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Well I intend to plot that in... and add a bit more so that they have that "nanoverse" feel to it.

I'm trying to complete this!

And yes

Page Claim to REKINDLED ACTIVITY
Old 2009-03-23, 11:23   Link #5800
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Well I intend to plot that in... and add a bit more so that they have that "nanoverse" feel to it.

I'm trying to complete this!

And yes

Page Claim to REKINDLED ACTIVITY
What? Saint X, out of development hell? Unpossible! ()
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content