AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 9 18.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 48.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-07, 02:17   Link #41
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Same, it's getting highly likely now that the Elite 4 now stripped from their status will probably become grudging allies.
Some yes, some no. I see Sanageyama and of course Gamagoori turning face (the latter just about has already), especially once Satsuki plays her very obvious Vegeta card. I don't think Nonon is quite as likely to ally with Matoi, even alongside Satsuki, given her upcoming curbstomping at Matoi's hands. Inumuta just strikes me as always being one "better offer" away from stabbing anyone in the back. He might already have turned on Satsuki and we just haven't seen it yet.
Old 2013-12-07, 10:08   Link #42
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Jakuzure seems to follow wherever Satsuki goes though....so by default she'll be with Matoi's group anyway
Old 2013-12-07, 14:51   Link #43
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

What's all this "after episode 12 or 13 buissness?" We know when we are getting new enemies. It's next episode.
Old 2013-12-07, 15:47   Link #44
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
What's all this "after episode 12 or 13 buissness?" We know when we are getting new enemies. It's next episode.
I suspect it might be a two-parter of sorts, personally. We'll get the new chick next episode, definitely, but it might be a case where the whole fallout and change in direction takes a couple of episodes.

And the other thing is that it's not going to just be a change of enemies; the show is confirmed to take a darker, more tragic turn in its tone during the second half and there's clearly a lot of buildup going on for it right now.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:43   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
There's three main things I really liked about this episode:

1) I have to admit I had some worries that they might spend exactly one full episode on each of the Elite Four. I was thinking that if they did this, it might seem a bit old/tired to me by Episode 12. So I was pleased to see them change it up a bit, and get through the second fight quicker than the first (so that we had a lot of the third fight in this episode). It made this episode much more fast-paced, and it also made it feel more dynamic/unpredictable.

2) Also helping out that dynamic/unpredictable vibe was the interesting background talk between the homeroom teacher and the biker. They've added an interesting X Factor into play here. It's no longer just a question of "Will Matoi defeat the Elite Four?" (which probably has a predictable "Yes" answer, of course). Now we have a more iffy question of "Is something bad going to happen to Matoi due to how quickly her uniform is evolving?" That creates excellent added suspense, and keeps this from feeling like, say, a straightforward DBZ tournament fight arc.

3. The two new Elite Four uniforms did not disappoint. Relatively short as the 2nd fight was, it was still a lot of fun while it lasted. And that flying mecha of an "uniform"... that was really something! More good Elite Four/Satsuki flashback scenes as well, which were great to see.

So another excellent episode of Kill La Kill!
Old 2013-12-07, 18:00   Link #46
CptChaos

Didn't like Nonon that much until now, but she was totally awesome in this episode. Kinda hope she breaks the pattern and wins the fight.
Old 2013-12-07, 18:57   Link #47
Gravitas Free Zone

Nonon's transformation reminds me of various items from the movie version of The Wall. They aren't direct resemblances, but the huge front that tapers off to a stringy back end, along with all the weird angles, has a certain Gerald Scarfe to it.

I suppose it would be appropriate for the band leader, after all.
Old 2013-12-07, 19:35   Link #48
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Flying musical doomships for the win!

My only regret is I couldn't make a joke about cranking my vote up to 11 because it literally can't go that high.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2013-12-07, 19:54   Link #49
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptChaos View Post
Didn't like Nonon that much until now, but she was totally awesome in this episode. Kinda hope she breaks the pattern and wins the fight.
I kinda agree. I'll actually feel badly for her if/when she loses.
Old 2013-12-07, 21:09   Link #50
Raymondjram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I kinda agree. I'll actually feel badly for her if/when she loses.
I prefer rooting for the underdog here (Ryuko).
Old 2013-12-07, 23:28   Link #51
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Nonon for the WIN! Just when I thought I couldn't love Gamagoori or Uzu any more, along comes Nonon the Troll with her big ass music machine.

As for the incoming new character....

Spoiler:

Otherwise, once again, GREAT episode: Gamagoori/Mako/Inumata was comedy gold.
Old 2013-12-08, 00:41   Link #52
Hamster

Now I'm expecting Nonon to try to get special treatment when she's defeated due to her relationship with Satsuki only to get a verbal smackdown and put in her place.
Old 2013-12-08, 03:58   Link #53
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I think....I've become Jazukure's fans
that Goku Uniform is epic... yeah..fire those recorder missiles

Ryuko needs blood infusion... how the hell she can still standing after overusing Kamui like that?
Old 2013-12-08, 06:11   Link #54
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Now I'm expecting Nonon to try to get special treatment when she's defeated due to her relationship with Satsuki only to get a verbal smackdown and put in her place.
Which is exactly why I see her as more likely to turn on Satsuki than Gamagoori or Sanageyama.

Nonon is a little immature (notice how similar her speech patterns are now to her cutesy childish speech patterns in her flashback), and her loyalty to Satsuki is based on feelings that I don't know if Satsuki is even able to reciprocate. If Satsuki "betrays" her by not giving her preferential treatment, she might go out of her way to try to win Satsuki back, but her feelings could just as easily turn to hate. Inumuta's loyalty to Satsuki is based on fear and greed. If he runs into someone more scary than Satsuki who can give him more (like her mother, for instance), he's gone. Sanageyama's loyalty is based on respect for her skill. He may decide one day to fight her to see if he's finally surpassed her, but even if he wins, she'll still have his loyalty and respect. Gamagoori's loyalty is based on respecting Satsuki's vision and wanting to protect her. As long as she doesn't turn as chaotic as Matoi and start tearing down everything she created (without at least having a plan to build it all back), he'll remain loyal. I think he's kinda sweet on her, too, but in a purer, more mature way than Nonon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I think....I've become Jazukure's fans
that Goku Uniform is epic... yeah..fire those recorder missiles
This one time... At band camp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Ryuko needs blood infusion... how the hell she can still standing after overusing Kamui like that?
I think it was established that since she "accepted" Senketsu, he doesn't take nearly as much blood. The sense I got is that he's almost more "sharing" her blood than taking it. Notice that she hardly eats anything now when she sits down to dinner with the Mankanshokus. I think she can fight just about indefinitely, as long as something doesn't disrupt their relationship.
Old 2013-12-10, 12:20   Link #55
klare

so now she can fly, I guess soon Ryuko can go to the space^^

they spend a lot of time designing those uniforms...
Old 2013-12-10, 18:54   Link #56
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

5 out of 10.

The sooner the show moves on from MOTW/'Becoming friends with those you beat' tired cliches the better.

This show would have been better served if it had been a 12 episode affair instead of pointlessly dragging it out like this.
Old 2013-12-11, 03:05   Link #57
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
I prefer rooting for the underdog here (Ryuko).

Technically, since the Kamui is made up entirely of life fibers and the power level corresponds directly to the amount of life fibers, Nonon would clearly be the underdog. Even the 3-star Goku uniform has less than 50% life fiber content.

Worse, Nonon has no ability to cut the Kamui and none of her attacks so far have any effect on Ryuko. It's only a matter of time before Nonon loses.
Old 2013-12-11, 11:55   Link #58
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2013-12-13, 02:15   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I guess Inumuta wanted to spare himself the shame of getting stripped naked by Ryuko and Senketsu due to forfeiting the match at the nick of time, since I think what he said of having his data damaged that's pure b******t from my POV.

Now, Jakuzure pulled out something big, nice, and which makes a hell of an exploding noise, but Ryuko proved once again that she's the patron Saintess of recklessness. Kamui Senketsu Shippu new form turning her uniform into a crossover of jet and glider now that's cool.
Closed Thread