031 - 040: Bad... 1 3.13%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Even G.I. Joe made more sense than this crap... 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-05, 13:17   Link #41
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Sooooo exciting was awesome to see more of Zetsu, a bit painful watching sakura crying cause I think she is a great character. Can't wait to hear more about Danzo.
Old 2011-03-05, 17:47   Link #42
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
I believe that Sasuke will be redeemed and that he will die.~AuroraFlash
Quick Poll: does everyone think Sasuke is going to die at the end?

Personally, I don't think so.

Here's my guess (this isn't a spoiler because I really have no idea, but this is how I would like it to end)- Sasuke get's his butt kicked, and after using up his eyes, he is two steps away from being blind. Once he's practically blind, he can finally "see" the truth, that he's been an idiot for being played by Madara, and uses the last of his magical eye powers to take Madara down, and then goes blind. At which point, Sasuke will have made up for being a giant jerk, and will also pose no more threat since he is blind, and can go back to Konoha! And I think he'll totally end up with Sakura, btw!

Well, that's just my take-I'd love to hear what other people think is going to happen!!!
octaviahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 18:17   Link #43
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Well, I believe that Uchiha Madara took Itachi's eyes with him. Sasuke has not yet exhausted his full potential. There's still the Eternal MS which is said to give birth to a fourth power. I think that Sasuke will go blind and then there will be no other eyes but Itachi's for him to take. He won't have a choice since there are not many Sharingan eyes in the world.
Even though he refused to look at the world through Itachi's eyes, he'll be forced to do it.
Sasuke is full of hatred and this hatred inside of him is growing. He wants to kill the elders and he wants to kill everyone else in Konoha. He wants to destroy Konoha. Naruto doesn't want anyone to die. Everyone in Konoha is precious to Naruto. Naruto wants to become Hokage just like his father and he wants to keep the flame and pass it to the next generation.

A fight between Naruto and Sasuke is inevitable. Maybe Madara will make Sasuke hunt Naruto. I think that's what Madara wants him to do. Naruto must then use his full power against Sasuke. If he holds back again, he will die, but Naruto is not the one to die and consequentially he won't hold back. Sasuke will lose the fight, but he's determined not to return to Konoha, so he will flee. He will run back to Madara and once again beg for power. Madara has made clear that he does not accept failure. He told Pain that failure is not an option and it's not an option for Sasuke. He will kill Sasuke and probably take his eyes. Naruto will have followed Sasuke. Maybe he sees Madara killing Sasuke, maybe he is too late.
Naruto will fight Madara.
Old 2011-03-06, 08:11   Link #44
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Well, I believe that Uchiha Madara took Itachi's eyes with him. Sasuke has not yet exhausted his full potential. There's still the Eternal MS which is said to give birth to a fourth power. I think that Sasuke will go blind and then there will be no other eyes but Itachi's for him to take. He won't have a choice since there are not many Sharingan eyes in the world.
Even though he refused to look at the world through Itachi's eyes, he'll be forced to do it.
Sasuke is full of hatred and this hatred inside of him is growing. He wants to kill the elders and he wants to kill everyone else in Konoha. He wants to destroy Konoha. Naruto doesn't want anyone to die. Everyone in Konoha is precious to Naruto. Naruto wants to become Hokage just like his father and he wants to keep the flame and pass it to the next generation.

A fight between Naruto and Sasuke is inevitable. Maybe Madara will make Sasuke hunt Naruto. I think that's what Madara wants him to do. Naruto must then use his full power against Sasuke. If he holds back again, he will die, but Naruto is not the one to die and consequentially he won't hold back. Sasuke will lose the fight, but he's determined not to return to Konoha, so he will flee. He will run back to Madara and once again beg for power. Madara has made clear that he does not accept failure. He told Pain that failure is not an option and it's not an option for Sasuke. He will kill Sasuke and probably take his eyes. Naruto will have followed Sasuke. Maybe he sees Madara killing Sasuke, maybe he is too late.
Naruto will fight Madara.

Are you kidding me? What are you even doing in this thread? This is like repeating a class and showing off knowledge to the new kids.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 15:07   Link #45
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

@Ibeast
I don't really get the metaphor...hmmmm...I dunno, it's fun to day dream. Sorry to go off topic!
Old 2011-03-06, 17:46   Link #46
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
@Ibeast
I don't really get the metaphor...hmmmm...I dunno, it's fun to day dream. Sorry to go off topic!
lol ibeast and aurora both read the manga, and know what will happen well beyond this point in the anime. So, hes comparing aurora posting thoughts and opinions here(as if he doesn't know what will happen) to someone repeating a class and acting as a "know it all". I think its all in good fun though
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 18:33   Link #47
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

No, I am clearly excluding what I might know from the manga because this is an anime thread. You can pick up my predictions from various threads in these forums.

In addition, the manga has not come as far as what I posted here. The anime told us everything that was highlighted in black. Not only that, I argue on the very basis of the anime. The manga is not to be discussed here.
Old 2011-03-06, 19:25   Link #48
Midnight Commander

Quote:
In addition, the manga has not come as far as what I posted here. The anime told us everything that was highlighted in black. Not only that, I argue on the very basis of the anime. The manga is not to be discussed here.
I'm merely explaining ibeasts joke to him; I'm not actually trying to call you a "know it all" myself, or pick a bone. I just think the whole situation is a bit funny is all. (the situation that ibeast thinks you're trying to be a know it all )
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 13:43   Link #49
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Well, it sure is.
Does my theory sound that realistic? Well, that's just my idea after all. Kishimoto only kills people important to Naruto. Have you ever happened to notice? ^^
The other people should stay away from Naruto because he's the beacon of death. Yet they're all like bees round a honeypot...
Old 2011-03-07, 15:21   Link #50
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Well, it sure is.
Does my theory sound that realistic? Well, that's just my idea after all. Kishimoto only kills people important to Naruto. Have you ever happened to notice? ^^
The other people should stay away from Naruto because he's the beacon of death. Yet they're all like bees round a honeypot...
LOL!

Well, manga or no manga, I don't think anyone knows how this will end!!!! I can't wait!
Old 2011-03-07, 15:23   Link #51
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

It all started with I believe not with I know ^^
Old 2011-03-07, 16:56   Link #52
Lumir

For those in agreement with shikamaru you need to remeber that sasuke is a tool that is and has been passed around like a toy between kids. First it was itachi, then orochimaru, now madara. Sasuke is still naive and is easily dyed any color. That said i can see where naruto and sakura come from, as they know him very well. He may act all tough and high and mighty but he's actually pretty weak, and it shows from him being so easily manipulated. Its like his own actions and choices are really not his own, but he is blinded and thinks they are.

I think as anime viewers we already have some of the answers. If we look back at what happened in the past before and when konoha was founded we can find the answer to madara.

What did he initially want to achieve? We know he was against the treaty between the "wood" clan and the uchiha clan, but agreed anyways since it was majority rules. We also know he was against the first hokage becoming hokage. That being said it seems like he wanted and still wants the uchiha clan to be at the top of everything.

That said we come to danzo who's motive is similar, he wants to be the head of konoha and control things, but for what reason? Is madara to blame for his actions? Does he have danzo in the very same state that was described in this episode? I dont know but to me it seems like madara is holding most of the pieces in this game for power in the ninja world, hes manipulated pain, now sasuke, and like i mentioned before maby even danzo. It seems now like he is going to try and manipulate naruto too.

Quote:
A fight between Naruto and Sasuke is inevitable. Maybe Madara will make Sasuke hunt Naruto. I think that's what Madara wants him to do. Naruto must then use his full power against Sasuke. If he holds back again, he will die, but Naruto is not the one to die and consequentially he won't hold back. Sasuke will lose the fight, but he's determined not to return to Konoha, so he will flee. He will run back to Madara and once again beg for power. Madara has made clear that he does not accept failure. He told Pain that failure is not an option and it's not an option for Sasuke. He will kill Sasuke and probably take his eyes. Naruto will have followed Sasuke. Maybe he sees Madara killing Sasuke, maybe he is too late. Naruto will fight Madara.
I dont understand your reasoning for the bolded ideal. Why would madara go through all the trouble to manipulate sasuke only to have him fight naruto and loose and then take his eyes? Why not take them right now? The only idea i can think of is that he wants sasuke's powers to mature a bit more before taking them if he is even interested. A better scenario IMO would be have him loose to naruto and go blind due to using all his powers, have him take itachi's eyes for his own thus gaining the power madara has, and then madara would take his eyes to reach an even higher level... lol its like a pattern.
Old 2011-03-07, 21:36   Link #53
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I can be empathetic to Sakura, but I cannot turn blind eye over the strained atmosphere that Sasukes' actions have wreaked upon the Fire Country.

His actions are prompting world war amongst Ninja nations for a fourth time; a soon-to-be-war orchestrated by Madara pulling the strings, and Sasuke's just the next pawn being dyed in Madaras' colors.

I fairly praised and respected more Sai for what he delivered to Sakura. The burdens of Sasuke's departure are paying a toll on Naruto, and they have to start thinking and moving for themselves without putting too much trust and reliance on Naruto.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 01:37   Link #54
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
For those in agreement with shikamaru you need to remeber that sasuke is a tool that is and has been passed around like a toy between kids.
LOL, yep, Sasuke is pretty much a tool in every sense of the word. Though for some reason, when he gets into fights with anyone who isn't Naruto, I totally cheer for him. I guess I like his bad-ass-a-tude, but I agree with a comment above- mentally, he is weak...and a tool
Old 2011-03-08, 17:56   Link #55
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
Quick Poll: does everyone think Sasuke is going to die at the end?
No way he would die... that fool is plot-protected. I think that Naruto is in more risk though.

The prophecy doesn't talk anything about he would live a long and happy life, he just will change the world as they know it. Besides he is already doing it, before the time skip with Neji, with Gaara, now he did it with Chiyo, Pain, etc.

So... if Goku died in the end... why not Naruto for the greatest cause ever, everybody is happy thanks to him, Sasuke, Sakura, etc... and he will be sharing the greatest time with his parents.

It would be so d*mn epic... i would follow that line.
Old 2011-03-08, 18:13   Link #56
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post

I dont understand your reasoning for the bolded ideal. Why would madara go through all the trouble to manipulate sasuke only to have him fight naruto and loose and then take his eyes? Why not take them right now? The only idea i can think of is that he wants sasuke's powers to mature a bit more before taking them if he is even interested. A better scenario IMO would be have him loose to naruto and go blind due to using all his powers, have him take itachi's eyes for his own thus gaining the power madara has, and then madara would take his eyes to reach an even higher level... lol its like a pattern.
You're obviously not into mafia and stuff. Let me explain it to you. You don't have to do the dirty work. Let others do the dirty work. Let them feel good when you make them do it. Give them some power, support them in their efforts and when these tools don't work properly, get rid of them.
Old 2011-03-08, 19:52   Link #57
Trixie

It's really hard to comment an opinion completely when one is following the manga. But I'll try my best not to say too much in my post.

With Sasuke, nobody can deny the madness he has fallen into. And further down the track, he will without a doubt fall even lower. Naruto doesn't want to lose his friend, nor does he want his village to be destroyed. He's been advised that Sasuke must be eliminated, as a means to save his friend and protect Konoha which Naruto is now taking under deep consideration and thought.

Naruto however, is still a character who won't simply give up and friendship and bonds is what Kishimoto wants to high light in his manga. I also feel it's about the next generation surpassing the others, and overcoming repeated tradegy. To end this chain of hatered once and for all. Which Naruto, most likely will. And Sasuke, being the key symbol of hate, must be stopped somehow. I believe Naruto will try and find a conclusion that will save his friend, and the village. He has said countless of times before 'How can I become Hokage if I can't even save a friend'. Even if death results in Naruto 'saving' Sasuke, it'll just be too sad on Naruto's part if he died to his hands. Like he failed. I know this may sound fluffy, but this is something only Naruto can do.

It's hard to back up my theories as they're based on recent developments in the manga, but I didn't give much away did I? I really hope not, but I kind of feel my post is useless if I can't provide evidence. There's also the data book where it writes about Itachi entrusting his feelings and hopes into Naruto to save both the village, and his younger brother Sasuke. I believe the anime and manga had hinted along the lines of Itachi 'looking' content with Naruto's answer to save Sasuke despite what he said to him, and before stuffing a crow down his throat for future use. Though, Itachi's reaction was subtle.

The book also wrote that as long as someone has faith in Sasuke, he can still be saved. And faith alone is enough, despite the impossible.

Last edited by Trixie; 2011-03-08 at 22:26.
Trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 19:57   Link #58
Fran~
floating away...

To me... Itachi's words are the key to solve all this, sameway Minato, Itachi could saw what will happen and both took preemptive measures on Naruto before hand. Minato enhanced Naruto with the kyuubi and only God knows what did Itachi with Naruto. Minato focused on Madara and Itachi focused on Sasuke, i'm sure that Itachi knew that Naruto is the only one who can save Sasuke.
Old 2011-03-09, 06:25   Link #59
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
but I didn't give much away did I? I really hope not, but I kind of feel my post is useless if I can't provide evidence.
If you have to talk about stuff that hasn't happened in the anime to prove your point, then just don't post. Wait until that stuff has happened in the anime.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 19:22   Link #60
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I didn't like the pacing of this episode. It reminded me of many of those sneaky tactics Naruto series used to using to stretch out the material. The poor effort at animating and the character drawing along with subpar background drawing didn't help matters. I guess the intriguing part was the fact Sasuke will be forced to act and the awesome Madara is making his move on Naruto. I can't get enough of the seiyuu for his character. I loved Pain's seiyuu too, the deep voice to epitomize the awesomeness of Pain. Anyway, I hope the next episode does better in terms of the pacing.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion