Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-02-22, 13:00   Link #581
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
English translation
Ugh this is why I love the Producer, props to the voice actor!
Old 2015-02-22, 16:05   Link #582
inisipis

I believe the Leader role of the team is more like the team's spokeswoman and doesn't really held any important decisive role, as far I can see, so I guess Mio(not exactly the brightest bulb in the pub) whose quite outspoken and passionate in the press would suffice.

I think each of the girls have their own strengths and weaknesses and that they need the three of them together to be complete. So any of them could be the leader.

Uzuki though being very optimistic and forward looking up-beat is quite timid, indecisive and lacks resolve to act (and not very bright either). If this happens to Haruka she would quickly pull her dying corpse from her deathbed, pull the producer by the ear and storm straight to Mio with thunder, lightning and fiery hell-storm in her wake.

Rin who seems to be smartest and is quite willful is still unsure about the whole Idol thing and seems to prefer to take the backseat so far. Let see if she would step-up when she finally gets serious.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 18:41   Link #583
s07195
However,

Ugh, remind me never to watch anime on any JP websites ever. Chat was filled with comments like,
'This anime sucks'
'Mio should go die'
'Good for the other idols, they have less competition'
*sigh*
I thought this was great episode. Hope it keeps up. It also interested me in the original anime cuz I've never watched an idol show before. (Love Live just isn't to my taste, can't get excited about it for some reason) So yeah.
Old 2015-02-22, 20:56   Link #584
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Ugh, remind me never to watch anime on any JP websites ever. Chat was filled with comments like,
'This anime sucks'
'Mio should go die'
*sigh*
I thought this was great episode. Hope it keeps up. It also interested me in the original anime cuz I've never watched an idol show before. (Love Live just isn't to my taste, can't get excited about it for some reason) So yeah.
lol those comments would make me so mad, too.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 21:38   Link #585
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, that went much better than expected, which is good. Mio recognized she was being a moron, and Uzuki got to show optimism and a smile can definetly save the day. Excellent episode through and through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post

But let's be fuckin real here for a sec. Why is Mio still the leader? I think it's Uzuki, the goddamn ganbarimasu girl that can do no wrong (yet), that obviously should be the one leading New Generations. She's optimistic, motivated, and the only one of the three that didn't lose their way. Despite everything happening around her, the only thing she regretted was not smiling more at their CD debut for fuck's sake. Call it airheadedness or just sheer majesty, I love that quality of her. She ain't got no time for this weepy whiny shit.

She also looked so adorable in her PJs and that surgical mask. ;3
Clumsiness isn't a good leader quality, though. Uzuki is better suited for support. That said, after this episode, I'm glad to have her as my avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Another damn fine episode, and Producer was EVERYWHERE. Very good voice work all around too.

With this out of the way, we can start on the various idol stage types. Like the Talk stage, Working events, Idol Battles, and finally the Production Events!! I hope to see how more game mechanics get turned into the anime!!
Indeed. I'm glad to see CG is including its P-kun more into the plot.

And a beach episode. That's important too. Actually, if it's a battle, I can only see Rika winning, unless it involves very slow singing, I suppose. But really, no one else in the project screams athletic to me.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 22:32   Link #586
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Well, that went much better than expected, which is good. Mio recognized she was being a moron, and Uzuki got to show optimism and a smile can definetly save the day. Excellent episode through and through.

Clumsiness isn't a good leader quality, though. Uzuki is better suited for support. That said, after this episode, I'm glad to have her as my avatar.
But Haruka doe
Old 2015-02-22, 22:36   Link #587
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
But Haruka doe
Is Haruka a good leader, though?
Old 2015-02-22, 22:56   Link #588
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Is Haruka a good leader, though?
She's fantastic. And she trips on thin air!
Old 2015-02-22, 23:00   Link #589
Kusano

Hey, Mio, after causing so much grief for everyone

This is how you dogeza!

Mio's dogeza was WEAK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
'This anime sucks'
'Mio should go die'
*sigh*

Most i saw was

"who said you were leader?"

"why is she the leader?"

"stop being the leader"

Can't really blame those viewers when Uzuki and Rin have shown better traits as leaders so far. Mio was one who lost most composure in the groups performances so far. First one being as backup dancers and second one being their proper debut performance. If the directors are dead set on making Mio the leader than I hope she betters start acting more like one as soon as possible because just acting all happy go lucky is not going to make you a good leader.

Last edited by Kusano; 2015-02-22 at 23:16.
Kusano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 23:57   Link #590
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
I believe the Leader role of the team is more like the team's spokeswoman and doesn't really held any important decisive role, as far I can see, so I guess Mio(not exactly the brightest bulb in the pub) whose quite outspoken and passionate in the press would suffice.

I think each of the girls have their own strengths and weaknesses and that they need the three of them together to be complete. So any of them could be the leader.

Uzuki though being very optimistic and forward looking up-beat is quite timid, indecisive and lacks resolve to act (and not very bright either). If this happens to Haruka she would quickly pull her dying corpse from her deathbed, pull the producer by the ear and storm straight to Mio with thunder, lightning and fiery hell-storm in her wake.

Rin who seems to be smartest and is quite willful is still unsure about the whole Idol thing and seems to prefer to take the backseat so far. Let see if she would step-up when she finally gets serious.
I agree it's not a big deal to have Mio take the public leadership role right now. It does get a little grating to have her constantly go on about being the leader, but partially because she's using it to give herself additional blame. They all have weak points right now. Mio being energetic, but also incredibly fragile. Very outspoken, but the first person to get shaken up and nervous.

Uzuki is a powerful source of optimism. She even got the Producer to get out of his hesitant state without realizing it. But, she's probably too focused on her own limits to take on the burden of being a public leader. Although being hard on herself and critical can be a good leadership quality also. Holding herself to a higher standard which leaves others to want to match that.

Rin as well needs to focus on "finding something to be passionate about." She has good skills and can handle pressure a bit better than the other two. Probably my pick for leader of that smaller group, but no reason to rush it.
Old 2015-02-23, 08:18   Link #591
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.

Takeuchi Shunsuke appears at the end.

Dat voice. o_o

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 08:22   Link #592
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Clumsiness isn't a good leader quality, though.
Clumsiness doesn't really affect whether one is a leader or not though. A leader is one who can instill the ability in others to act, meaning that the person's actual competence is less important. Yes, you can better convince people to follow you if you're not clumsy, but if you show yourself to be competent in spite of your clumsiness people will still follow your orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusano View Post
Hey, Mio, after causing so much grief for everyone

This is how you dogeza!

Mio's dogeza was WEAK.
That's actually more impressive than the Triple Axel Dogeza. Where's it from?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 09:49   Link #593
The Green One

The most recent episode of Absolute Duo.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 12:21   Link #594
Tenzen12

Quote:
But Haruka doe
These genki girl are good when other feel troubled, sure. But "let's work hard together" doesn't really work on everything. Leader is someone who can both push and pull. Not just overcome problem, but point where it is and how solve it too.

...btw who was Haruka again, somehow I can't remember that awesome leader.
Old 2015-02-23, 14:51   Link #595
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Clumsiness doesn't really affect whether one is a leader or not though. A leader is one who can instill the ability in others to act, meaning that the person's actual competence is less important. Yes, you can better convince people to follow you if you're not clumsy, but if you show yourself to be competent in spite of your clumsiness people will still follow your orders.
Ok, clumsiness alone doesn't explain it. In hindsight, it does sound silly. Let me put it better: Uzuki is excellent at staying optimistic and helping others cheer up, but she lacks a commanding presence and assertiveness. Rin can pull her weight if things get tough, but she's too unsure abput the whole idol thing to inspire others at Uzuki's level and isn't naturally cheerful enough to bring people together. Under normal circunstances, Mio seems like a nice middle point, being cheerful and always approaching others.

Of course, things could change as the series goes on.
Old 2015-02-23, 15:04   Link #596
Miraluka
Banned

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 16:21   Link #597
tsunade666

^what does that mean? specially the numbers and is the moon runes their name?
Old 2015-02-23, 17:11   Link #598
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^what does that mean? specially the numbers and is the moon runes their name?
I think it is the amount of votes/points.

Like the sticker board to vote for their favorite character.

Like,
[1st Place] [455 Points(?)]
[Producer]

Atleast, that is what I'm guessing~
Old 2015-02-23, 17:19   Link #599
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
So Producer-san and Rin are first and second place with a big point gap to the third place and Mio is on last place. While I like the first two positions, Mio's really sucks, she deserves better like 8th or 9th place.
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 17:36   Link #600
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

...btw who was Haruka again, somehow I can't remember that awesome leader.

Tags
idols, ios, music