AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 05:13   Link #6001
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And since it was requested, here's the reworked version of the previous image:

Now with 15% more thigh

*RUNZ*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 05:16   Link #6002
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*drops*

[IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/spec_operations/EnforcerShopLegFix.jpg[IMG]

*leaves*
Quote:

[IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/spec_operations/EnforcerShopZR2.jpg[IMG]

Now with 15% more thigh

*RUNZ*

These ZR/thighhighs, I'll be stroking admiring them. (b˚_˚)b

Now I need to give Frieda and the Twin Sisters delicious ZR/thighhigh, too-

/me is dragged into Shirogane-sense's Punishment Room
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 05:38   Link #6003
Aaron008R

Quote:

Spoiler for size:

Now with 15% more thigh

*RUNZ*

@_________________@

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 06:18   Link #6004
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Hiro Suzuhira hell yeah.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 06:19   Link #6005
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Cloud Barrier: An omnidirectional barrier that can block attacks from every direction and also provide escape dampening against supershots like Starlight Breaker- but she cannot attack in the process. It derives its name from the general appearance of the barrier- as a "cloud" of magic particles surrounding the user.
Hmmm, sounds a bit like Scatter Shot. Do these particles also interfere with illusion and binding magic in the area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Here's a random pic I finished yesterday evening.

I still don't know what the hell was wrong with me when I was drawing this...
But... well... the longer I kept staring at it, the more I liked it...

Maybe I will use this for some crack in the future...

Spoiler for Random sketch:

And yes, I'm pretty sure you'll recognize this person.
Genderbending. One of the best inventions of anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
A state-of-the-art, Mid-Childan pattern special operation forces combat storage device manufactured and designed by the FN Herstal Group for use by private military companies and major sovereign militaries, such as the Time-Space Administration Bureau's Armed Forces. The manifested element of the device is a quintessential "Smart" 5.7mm rotary beam assault rifle, whereas the Barrier Jacket is an equally prolific "hardsuit", with a certified Class-IV rating, ensuring survivability against all but the most absurd of threats. More than comfortable on the body and easy on the linker core to be worn at all times, the SCAR-G is tricked out with all the latest modern amenities, e.g. a Helmet Mounted Display, plus a few "old school" throwbacks, e.g. Retractable Monomolecular Bayonet.
I'd like to believe anything comes at a price... so what's the catch on this Barrier Jacket?

Quote:
Ok, maybe it's a little unnecessary, but I did it anyway.

I'm talking about a general survey of TSAB uniforms.

I went and looked into official art work to figur out what branch of TSAB may use what Uniform.
I had to make some guesses about some higher ranking uniforms (I'm coming back to that later.) and it is pretty much unfinished, so some help if possible would be appriciated.

For my own convenience I listed the 3 'levels' as: Enlisted, Officer and Command.

Ok... just to show you what I'm talking about, let's start with the most easy one:

Spoiler for The GAS (Ground Armaments Service):

Nothing much to talk about this... we saw people in these uniforms a whole season long.
It gets a little more harder now.

Spoiler for The Fleet:

The uniforms for the enlisted and the officers were pretty easy to figur out (even though they have only a minor difference.), what I had trouble with are the uniforms for command, and after some research I decided that the uniforms of Clyde and Auris might be the ones I'm looking for.

I got further proof after I figured out that Ami is wearing the same uniform as Auris in the A's epilogue. The uniform Clyde is wearing is not an admirals uniform but something similiar, the same type of uniform can also be seen on Regius (during the flashback in which Zest got killed.).

The next batch is incomplete, because we never saw more than two kinds of these uniforms (Command is missing.).

Spoiler for The AAS (Air Armaments Service):

We can see Griffith, Shario and Teana wearing these uniforms in the epilogue of StrikerS (as well a whole bunch of people getting drilled by Nanoha.).

I took a pretty bold guess with Hayate's uniform being an AAS officer uniform.
Actually we only see Hayate and Reinforce wearing that type and that's the problem. As both of them are Special Investigators, it pretty simply could mean the white stripe on the sleeve indicates thier special position.

For people who have trouble to spot the differences of Fleet and AAS I made this one.

Spoiler for Fleet vs AAS for dummies :3:

I did not include the uniforms of high command characters like Chrono, Regius, Graham and Lindy as I belive they are not part of a single branch anymore.

Well... that's it for now.

I will include High Command, the Environment Preservation Corps and the Special Training Instructor uniforms some other time.

Suggestions and comments are highly appriciated.
I'm missing the white Air uniforms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Well... To celebrate my 20th birthday...:3

Please link me to the first page, ghaz.

*goes back to schoolwork*
Sorry for being late. but happy birthday nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Argh. Finally got this one out.

I'm as happy with this one as I was with the others, but oh well.

Spoiler for Training Day:
The first ending is made of much win, especially the last line. Questions indeed. Personally, I'm looking forward to a progression on the second ending. Dinner with the Harlaowns sounds fun to read.

Quote:
Well, someone wanted a helmet for Mai so...

Also recolored Astaroth to match Mai's BJ, as per Nanoverse conventions

*Edit*

Replaced image with modified version after some OCC input
Hmm, not much a fan of the helmet. It looks a bit out of place with the rest of her outfit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
For the Emperor! For the Saint King! For the MOTHERLAND!

On an unrelated note, should I get DoW2?
In my opinion? Yes. I haven't tried competitive multiplayer yet, bot so far me and my friend are having a blast with the co-op singleplayer. It's fun playing through the game with eachother, he handles the assault and close combat, I handle the ranged fire. "Get these guys off me!" "Surpress those guys!" "What do you mean you're out of explosive packages!?" "I told you already six tim- Hey! Supply drop! Get it! Get it!" is not an uncommon thing to be heard shouting across the room. It usually ends up being very late until I head home.

Quote:
*drops*

Spoiler:

*leaves*
Quote:

Spoiler:

Now with 15% more thigh

*RUNZ*
The photoshopper within me demands a source image, delicious conversions are delicious and a source of inspiration.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 06:22   Link #6006
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Now with 15% more thigh
No truer words hath thou said.
Old 2009-03-31, 06:26   Link #6007
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmmm, sounds a bit like Scatter Shot. Do these particles also interfere with illusion and binding magic in the area?
More like the GN (shielding) field actually, which manifests as a cloud of particles around the gundam user.

Illusions i can't determine, cloaked figures can be detected passing the cloud while binding is still considered as an 'attack'.

well the original version had a followup skill called "bullet hell", a supposed tribute to the danmaku/shump/stg game/s it represented.

go figure.

sooo... other than that, anything else?
Old 2009-03-31, 07:14   Link #6008
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:

Spoiler for Makin' it small:

Now with 15% more thigh

*RUNZ*
Absolute Territory!!!

Quote:
I'm missing the white Air uniforms...
They will be listed under 'Special Training Instructor' uniforms, I think we once figured that Nanoha's is part of this special instructor group.

I will feature all 3 known white uniforms, the air type Nanoha (an Vita) is wearing, Subaru's ground forces typ and Tiida's as well.

Last edited by Kyral; 2009-03-31 at 07:42.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 07:56   Link #6009
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
They will be listed under 'Special Training Instructor' uniforms, I think we once figured that Nanoha's is part of this special instructor group.

I will feature all 3 known white uniforms, the air type Nanoha is wearing, Subaru's ground forces typ and Tiida's as well.
Tiida wasn't an instructor though... neither is Subaru. White uniforms are confusing.

Speaking of which, don't forget Subaru's silver Special Rescue Force uniform.
Old 2009-03-31, 08:13   Link #6010
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Yes the white ones are indeed confusing.
I really thought it may some kind of special instructor stuff (or what exactly was this one about the special air force aggressor?)

Gah I'm getting even more confused now... would be nice to find out why Tiida was wearing one.

A silver Special Rescue Force uniform?

When you mean the one she is wearing in the booklets of SSX and Vocal Collection, then this is her white ground forces type.
But yeah, I have to admit that the white of her uniform is a little darker than the one from Nanoha and Vita.

Ok... It may not be a 'white' uniform but I think it's the ground forces equvivalent.
Or it may be light gray because it's an 'enlisted' type, to further differ it from the officer uniforms. (Nope that's not it... Tiida is also wearing an enlisted uniform so i think they simply made the blue white and the brown gray/silver)
Old 2009-03-31, 08:27   Link #6011
Ottocycle

I'd say at the very least Nanoha's white and blue uniform is of AAS origin, we never saw Signum wearing it because she transferred to and from RF6 offscreen though.

While Subaru's SSX uniform is confirmed to be silver, she personally says as much in chapter 14, with 'silver' in Katakana directly referring to the uniform of the Special Rescue Team at that. Though how they make it actually silver is beyond my comprehension, since it's more light grey than anything else IMO.

Was Tiida's affiliation before his death explained? It's rather fuzzy to me right now.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 09:04   Link #6012
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Yes, Nanoha's and Vita's white uniforms are both of AAS origin, jacket and skirt are identical with the AAS ones.

Hm... so it was confirmed that Subarus 'silver' uniform belongs to the Special Rescue Team.
Maybe I really should finish SSX.
But her uniform is exactly GAS style, that's why I was confused. (Well, pretty much showes us what the SRT belongs to)

Looks like I will have to put white (and silver) uniforms to 'Others' as we really don't know much about it.
Old 2009-03-31, 09:07   Link #6013
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Yes the white ones are indeed confusing.
I really thought it may some kind of special instructor stuff (or what exactly was this one about the special air force aggressor?)

Gah I'm getting even more confused now... would be nice to find out why Tiida was wearing one.
Headaches, headaches. Here's your answer though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Was Tiida's affiliation before his death explained? It's rather fuzzy to me right now.
He was a captain of the Air Defence Force.

Quote:
A silver Special Rescue Force uniform?

When you mean the one she is wearing in the booklets of SSX and Vocal Collection, then this is her white ground forces type.
But yeah, I have to admit that the white of her uniform is a little darker than the one from Nanoha and Vita, but I don't think it's silver.

Ok... It may not be a 'white' uniform but I think it's the ground forces equvivalent.
Or it may be light gray because it's an 'enlisted' type, to further differ it from the officer uniforms.
*cracks knuckles* Well, its been a while since I've used this...

IS: Silver Retriever

Spoiler for Retrieved Data:

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
While Subaru's SSX uniform is confirmed to be silver, she personally says as much in chapter 14, with 'silver' in Katakana directly referring to the uniform of the Special Rescue Team at that. Though how they make it actually silver is beyond my comprehension, since it's more light grey than anything else IMO.
Silver sounds a tad cooler then grey. That's really all there is to it.
Old 2009-03-31, 09:23   Link #6014
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And here's some preview pages from the Perfect Grade Project: Mai Enna profile:

Spoiler for Chapter 1 page:

Full profile coming soon

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 09:24   Link #6015
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
He was a captain of the Air Defence Force.
And how does this explain that he is wearing white again?

Quote:
*cracks knuckles* Well, its been a while since I've used this...

IS: Silver Retriever

Spoiler for Retrieved Data:
Silver Retriever strikes back!

Where is this exactly from?

I know I read the strikers manga up to chapter 11.
Is there something new I missed?
I think I should search the internet for additional sources.

Anyway, I had discarded my brown to silver theory already.

Quote:
Silver sounds a tad cooler then grey. That's really all there is to it.
I first thought it has something to do with the heraldry colors... but than I remembered that in heraldry silver stands for white and not light gray.
Old 2009-03-31, 09:32   Link #6016
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
And here's some preview pages from the Perfect Grade Project: Mai Enna profile:

Spoiler for Chapter 1 page:

Full profile coming soon
When's its got a manual, it's got to be assembled. And when it's Perfect Grade, expect lots of detail and features.

*ruuunz from Keroko-chan*
Old 2009-03-31, 09:44   Link #6017
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
And how does this explain that he is wearing white again?
What do all three white wearing mages have in common?

The answer: They are, or were, all confirmed members of the Air Force.

So rather then blue being the AAS, the blue is still part of the navy and the white is AAS.

Quote:
Silver Retriever strikes back!

Where is this exactly from?
Manga chapter 14, I rushed a little translation together with the script I was given shortly after the manga was licensed. It's just that page though.

Quote:
I first thought it has something to do with the heraldy colors... but than I remembered that in heraldy silver stands for white and not light gray.
Well, if you look at the Vocal Collection cover you'll note that they are using a different shade of white here, the manga artist who did the SSX booklets merely emphasized that difference more then this one did.

There are several other cosmetic differences besides the shade of white too. The blue is lighter, and the shoulder stripe ends somewhat lower then that of Nanoha's. It also lacks the blue piece near her neck, as well as the blue skirt. Both are white on Subaru's uniform. There is also no belt, and Subaru's uniform has four buttons rather then two.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-03-31 at 10:58.
Old 2009-03-31, 10:02   Link #6018
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...cerShopZR2.jpg

Now with 15% more thigh

*RUNZ*

Excellent!

Spoiler for Reaction - 15 minutes in photoshop:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 10:07   Link #6019
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

All staff, spill on Aisle One! Spill on Aisle One!
Old 2009-03-31, 11:00   Link #6020
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
What do all three white wearing mages have in common?

The answer: They are, or were, all confirmed members of the Air Force.

So rather then blue being the AAS, the blue is still part of the navy and the white is AAS.
So you suggest that the white uniforms are the actual AAS uniforms and the blue ones are all Fleet.

I must admitt this is something that never crossed my mind, as I saw the white uniforms as something more... well... special.

Oddly the three of them are the only characters we have seen with these uniforms so far.

Quote:
Well, if you look at the Vocal Collection cover you'll note that they are using a different shade of white here, the manga artist who did the SSX booklets merely emphasized that difference more then this one did.
Err... I don't know if you read my post, but I did already mentioned that her uniform was more of a light grey compared to Nanoha's and Vita's on the Vocal Collection cover.

Quote:
There are several other cosmetic differences besides the shade of white too. The blue is lighter, and the shoulder stripe ends somewhat lower then that of Nanoha's. It also lacks the blue piece near her neck, as well as the blue skirt. Both are white on Subaru's uniform. It also lacks a belt, and Subaru's uniform has four buttons rather then two.
Yes... all the differences you just named are actually the same difference between the 'blue uniform' and the GAS uniform.
(Another difference is that the seam that separates the silver/light brown and the blue/dark brown is going from the shoulders downwards to the middle of the chest, while on the blue/white uniforms it goes up towards the neck. Ah that was what you meant with shoulder stripe right? sorry about that... The collars are also different.)

You can also compare it with Caro's GAS uniform, only replace the light brown with silver, the dark brown with blue, get rid of the small golden batch and you see that the uniform is made after the exact same pattern.

Last edited by Kyral; 2009-03-31 at 11:10.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content