AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-20, 21:55   Link #6541
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh wait.
Upon further investigation, I found out that Sasha is a UNISEX name. o.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-11-20, 22:30   Link #6542
Miraluka
Banned

Tch!

You just killed my fun, yeah, I knew that too, but still.... e_e*
Old 2010-11-20, 22:32   Link #6543
tsunade666

If Sasha's name is unisex then the Croitsef is a russian girls name. The Kruezhev name is just not a russian name.

Terra got his head cut and he deserves that for being such a stupid know it all villain.
Old 2010-11-21, 02:24   Link #6544
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Well, I was guessing Itsuwa would be too broken-hearted by her absolute defeat... or maybe respect Touma's decision enough to not go near him. Besides, if Touma and Kaori becomes an official couple Itsuwa has no chance of taking them apart. I included Lessar and Mikoto mainly for lulz and that they have a reason to go after Touma (or in Mikoto's case, Kaori) for a fight.

Oh yes, I translated that part (Vol22 Ch11 pt3) myself... the implication of that just never hit me for some reason >.>

Though seriously, Sasha isn't a girl's name? I thought as a general rule names end in 'a' are girls names, like 'Eva' or 'Anna'.
wait is kaori the closest one to touma right now? oO
Old 2010-11-21, 03:20   Link #6545
reaper with no name

Let's talk about Aleister for a moment.

He is the man who has passed the Aeon of Osiris (magic) and transcended into the Aeon of Horus (esper).

So, how come he can use magic without hurting himself?

Are we supposed to believe that the secret benefactor of espers does not have an esper ability himself, despite believing that espers have the capacity to be superior to magicians?

Or has he somehow found a way around that little weakness?
Old 2010-11-21, 03:21   Link #6546
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

You have a misconception here. ESPer don't automatically falls into the Aeon of Horus. Even Accelerator still belongs to the Aeon of Osiris.
Old 2010-11-21, 03:35   Link #6547
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
Let's talk about Aleister for a moment.

He is the man who has passed the Aeon of Osiris (magic) and transcended into the Aeon of Horus (esper).

So, how come he can use magic without hurting himself?

Are we supposed to believe that the secret benefactor of espers does not have an esper ability himself, despite believing that espers have the capacity to be superior to magicians?

Or has he somehow found a way around that little weakness?
There was nothing to suggest that Aleister Crowley had become an Esper in the first place.

And not all Espers are automatically Aeon of Horus. When Accelerator first got his Black Wings, he was still using the Aeon of Osiris.

Hmmm, I think you're misunderstanding the concept. The Aeons are like a 'Format' to follow, and apparently you can use either magic or AIM to do so.
Old 2010-11-21, 03:35   Link #6548
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I think I can honestly say there were casualties when Fianma summons his golden arms to Telesma purge the planet

Can't deny that there....sucks to be a hound dog or one of the underground involved in Academy's Darkness...but the thing is that the one doing most of the grunt killing is Accelerator. The other characters aren't that bad....Carissa and Fianma both start major wars which obviously cause plenty of lives but the other villians haven't actually done any slaughtering for fun kind of stunts
Yeah, it sucks to be the underling. U die like trash and no one really care about u.

Those lucky got redemption on the other hand, just how spoiled can they be anyway. I bet the grunts also started with being a troubled kids. Their lives aren't the only ones that suck.
Old 2010-11-21, 03:49   Link #6549
tsunade666

Fiamma aren't getting redemption. The whole world would hunt him down even if he tried to redeem it's far to late. His unlike Accelerator which killed in secrecy and only clones and bullies or bad guys. Fiamma killed innocent and no alms to anything to complete his goals. Fiamma is the same as Touma. Just like what Fiamma said to Touma and also the Author. Fiamma is model from Touma. As the guy who would do anything to get into his goals. Aqua is modeled as Touma with strong belief to the point of being a zealot.

Aleister uses a wand..... the wand of striking. So I can still classify him as a magician.
Old 2010-11-21, 04:09   Link #6550
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Fiamma aren't getting redemption. The whole world would hunt him down even if he tried to redeem it's far to late. His unlike Accelerator which killed in secrecy and only clones and bullies or bad guys. Fiamma killed innocent and no alms to anything to complete his goals. Fiamma is the same as Touma. Just like what Fiamma said to Touma and also the Author. Fiamma is model from Touma. As the guy who would do anything to get into his goals. Aqua is modeled as Touma with strong belief to the point of being a zealot.

Aleister uses a wand..... the wand of striking. So I can still classify him as a magician.
But what Al actually uses, AIM or magic, still unknown, can't really say for sure at this point what he is...definitely not a pure esper however.......
Old 2010-11-21, 04:31   Link #6551
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Since B-T's down again, I'll post this part. It's the epilogue of Vol 6, so someone please help me upload this when it's okay.

Spoiler for 25%:

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-11-21 at 09:55.
Old 2010-11-21, 04:42   Link #6552
tsunade666

"just as planned" mutter by a person inside a test tube hanging up side down.
Old 2010-11-21, 04:58   Link #6553
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
So it seems that Komoe-sensei isn't all that oblivious to the happenings that have been occuring inside Academy City...

... but damn, to suffer a great shock, witnessing someone getting attacked and bleeding during the events of Daihaseisai(sp)... I feel for her. D:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-11-21, 06:08   Link #6554
choopo

something make me confuse

Tsunchimikado >> Magician >> getting esper curriculum
>> if use magic getting rejected

Komoe-sensei >> Teacher >> teaching esper curriculum >> using magic >>nothing hapened like Tsuchomikado when he using magic

so Teacher in academy city even though teaching esper curriculum still can do magic ?
Old 2010-11-21, 06:09   Link #6555
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by choopo View Post

Komoe-sensei >> Teacher >> teaching esper curriculum >> using magic >>nothing hapened like Tsuchomikado when he using magic

so Teacher in academy city even though teaching esper curriculum still can do magic ?
Why not? Komoe's not an esper...
Old 2010-11-21, 06:14   Link #6556
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Even though Komoe-sensei teaches in an esper school she isn't an esper herself. So there's no penalty... well, except for casting the magic wrong.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-11-21, 06:49   Link #6557
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by choopo View Post

The teachers aren't espers, only the students. Which was why Touma went to her in the first place in Vol 1.
Old 2010-11-21, 08:39   Link #6558
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Spoiler for 80%:

And for Komoe-sensei

Spoiler for description from vol 1 chp 1:

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-11-21 at 08:56.
Old 2010-11-21, 08:59   Link #6559
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ahh, much needed info about Aleister's plans. Well actually we roughly know about it already but it's good to see it explained in details.

So I guess through this we can say that Tsuchimikado is leading towards Aleister's side rather than Laura in his double agent role?

More than ever I'm supremely interested in Aleister's back story, and I'm looking forward to his confrontation with Touma, given that he said “Hm, all the illusions that I believed in were destroyed a long time ago." Just how strong is his resolve?

Also, I'm glad that they acknowledge the existence of other worlds base on the other religions, but my question is- Are those worlds the creation from Human worship, or did they all exist ever since? If so, just what is the political landscape for the Divine ?
Old 2010-11-21, 09:23   Link #6560
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Toaru Majutsu no Index ARCHIVES Volume 1 Radio Drama
Quote:
Synopsis
Index and Touma unexpectedly have to take care of a baby dropped at their doorstep. As they experience being parents for the first time, they discover that the baby is linked to two women from India, and the race to save the baby from imminent danger begins!
Spoiler for info:

Spoiler for links:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen