AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-26, 13:13   Link #7161
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, at least 60% of the volume is done...

Going to try and resolve some admin issues here:

1) Anyone interested in completing up Vol 22? I know Flere821, Cosmic Eagle and pikachuwei helped out quite a bit, so I'm wondering if you guys can help to complete it. If not, it'll be up to this overworked guy again... (For the record, I mentioned before that I won't be doing any volumes after 16 unless there are patches to be made, I still got the bet with Suzuku that I want to win at all costs, part of my new year resolution now.)

2) I'll be opening up a 'proofreaders' job. I had Tact in mind when I considered this, but I'm just wondering if anyone else is willing to do this. Of course, this is basically a subset of an editor, but you don't have to focus on language, your job is to focus only on content.
Old 2010-12-26, 14:14   Link #7162
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Who says Crowley operates on the "Magic" as is commonly understood in Indexverse? He's already an ascended being, AIM field or not, it doesn't affect him....But what could an ascended being possibly be planning hmm.....After all, Fianma can more or less do whatever the hell he wants and Crowley surpasses him...All that is known so far, is that he wants Aiwass's power since it is a key factor in his plans.
That's what I was hinting at in the end of my crazy hypothesis there. Fiamma reached a level beyond the Christian interpretation of God, but even then he and his power could still be described in terms of numbers. Crowley is beyond that. He is beyond that which can be described by the magic of our world. He is "impossible".

If he is the window to Aiwass, then perhaps they are linked in such a way that wherever Crowley is would also be linked to Aiwass' AIM, thereby changing the rules of magic for wherever Aleister is, allowing him to use magic that is "impossible". Since this "impossible" magic would be the "right" magic for a cosmology that includes an AIM plane, there would be no interference or injury from the use of such magic.
Old 2010-12-26, 20:15   Link #7163
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
[
2) I'll be opening up a 'proofreaders' job. I had Tact in mind when I considered this, but I'm just wondering if anyone else is willing to do this. Of course, this is basically a subset of an editor, but you don't have to focus on language, your job is to focus only on content.
I'm willing to do it! I'm home from college for a few months, and with a grammar Nazi mom to help me if I get stuck at any time...
Old 2010-12-27, 00:16   Link #7164
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
I'm willing to do it! I'm home from college for a few months, and with a grammar Nazi mom to help me if I get stuck at any time...
That'll be an editor, but I'll take any help at this point. The catch though is that the language's in British English (You don't expect the English to speak American English, right?)

Anyway, I'll be slower since I've a 3rd secret project.
Old 2010-12-27, 00:18   Link #7165
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait, who was it that said that Saiai had a verbal tick? Thank god I saw that before posting my last Christmas chapter

And since we're on the topic, how does Gunha talk?
Old 2010-12-27, 00:46   Link #7166
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
That'll be an editor, but I'll take any help at this point. The catch though is that the language's in British English (You don't expect the English to speak American English, right?)

British English, eh...

It's all the Yanks' fault I have not been using my passed-down British English lately!! Nah, just kidding.

Proof reading... I'd prefer pretending I didn't even do it at all, if you know what I mean

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-12-27, 00:47   Link #7167
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, who was it that said that Saiai had a verbal tick?
I think that was me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Page 1

Shiage:
...Mugino...? What's with the costume?
Mugino: Oh no... I thought you said you like girls in bunny suits...
Shiage: EHH!?
Mugino: I hope you're prepared to do something with me right here...
Shiage: Wai- Mugino-san...
Shiage: NOOOOOOOOOOO~

Page 2

Shiage:
Hah! ... It's a dream...
Shiage: Geez, of all the people to see in a dream, it's Mugino-san... *It's not Takitsubo...*
Shiage: Oh well, if I could dream a bit more. But... Hmm...
Saiai: You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit- *murmur* *murmur*

Page 3

Shiage: What the heck are you doing?
Saiai: You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit-You like to see Mugino in a bunny suit- *murmur* *murmur*
Shiage: Just get up already!!
Saiai: I just saw you sleeping super soundly here!
Shiage: That's none of your business!!
Saiai: Hmm~ Considering that face you made when you're asleep...
Saiai: I'm expecting that Hamazura had a super indecent dream.
Shiage: Uh-! *doki*

Shiage: Huh?
*sees Rikou in a corner*
Shiage: GYAAAAAAA! Takitsuboooooo~!!?

Page 4

Shiage: I-It's not what you think, Takitsubo! I'm not really dreaming about flirting with Mugino!
Saiai: I wonder what I'm should be telling him...
Saiai: Ah! By the way... Mugino has given out her orders.
Shiage: MUGINO!!!!

Mugino: You called!?
Shiage: So fast!!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-12-27, 00:51   Link #7168
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Saiai's verbal tic, eh...

I don't have much idea on how her speeches translates well in English, but she somehow likes to add "chou-" (ultra-, super-) in her sentences.

As for Fre Nda Frenda, she sometimes adds the interjections "Kekkyoku" (after all, etc) and "-wake" (no idea how this translates in English) in her sentences as far as what I can recall so far.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-12-27, 02:13   Link #7169
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think Frenda and Kuroko share the same "ojou-sama" type of speaking. Minus the "-desuno", of course.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-12-27, 11:36   Link #7170
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I think I can try the prof reading, my English isn't the best it actually getting worse lately but if I can understand it I guess others would have less problems.
Old 2010-12-27, 11:40   Link #7171
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

out of all of us im one of the ones who speaks American english, don't really know the difference between British english and American english.
Old 2010-12-27, 18:52   Link #7172
outerelf

Quote:

... That may be harder. I can probably see if I can't choke a british english dictionary out of a friend... And my little bro adores british shows, so I can buy it for him...

I can only try. No promises though I suppose.
Old 2010-12-28, 00:28   Link #7173
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, who was it that said that Saiai had a verbal tick? Thank god I saw that before posting my last Christmas chapter

And since we're on the topic, how does Gunha talk?
As mentioned, Saiai adds 'super' in many of her sentences, which I try to translate into English but ultimately just can't quite make it flow right... it keep seem off somehow.

And as for Gunha, from what I've read (see SS2 and Railgun 'vending machine' SS) he's like the typical Shounen Hero. Though he does have a verbal tic(?) as well, always going on and on about '根性', which I think translates roughly to 'guts', or 'having guts'.
Old 2010-12-28, 00:32   Link #7174
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
As mentioned, Saiai adds 'super' in many of her sentences, which I try to translate into English but ultimately just can't quite make it flow right... it keep seem off somehow.
Awkward, but I've somehow made it work

Quote:
And as for Gunha, from what I've read (see SS2 and Railgun 'vending machine' SS) he's like the typical Shounen Hero. Though he does have a verbal tic(?) as well, always going on and on about '根性', which I think translates roughly to 'guts', or 'having guts'.
Hmm abit late since I've already posted the chapter, but it's good to know...

... Though on hindsight I guess I should make him more 'louder'?
Old 2010-12-28, 02:12   Link #7175
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:

So he is basically Rock lee, that the author actually like?
Old 2010-12-28, 02:26   Link #7176
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

This just a speculation does anyone thing that Touma if he appear again that he'll be classify as Both a man and a god ..... since the author like to dabble in pesudo Christian caricature, again just a speculation .......

imagines Touma walking on water of the Adriatic sea ..... rofl
Old 2010-12-28, 02:53   Link #7177
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
This just a speculation does anyone thing that Touma if he appear again that he'll be classify as Both a man and a god ..... since the author like to dabble in pesudo Christian caricature, again just a speculation .......

imagines Touma walking on water of the Adriatic sea ..... rofl
He doesn't need to walk on water. The water just splits apart to let him through. He is "The One". And it hasn't been shown yet, but he can also stop bullets.
Old 2010-12-28, 04:10   Link #7178
pikachuwei

someone help me with sasha's verbal tic Q_Q
Old 2010-12-28, 05:34   Link #7179
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

As far as I remember, Sasha likes to enumerate her sentences.

First, she lists down particular ideas she wants to explain.
Second, she then explains these ideas.
Third, if in doubt, watch her appearance in the First Season of the Anime series. She portrays her verbal tic nicely there.

Old 2010-12-28, 08:42   Link #7180
pikachuwei

i r rage over how she talks (at least in chinese)

my translation of her speak into english is as smooth as a car ride through the himalayas

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen