AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 02:04   Link #801
Luminisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu View Post
it seems that Toradora is being aired in Singapore too, though it is one episode slower than japan.
Is it redubed to mandarin?
Id say that it is pretty fast.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 02:06   Link #802
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

it's subbed, they are doing Casshern Sins and Skip Beat too

Last edited by ayu; 2008-10-11 at 10:16.
ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 02:43   Link #803
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Sorrow-K, and where have you seen anyone complaining about it not being scene-to-scene adaptation? I haven't and you havent as well, it is just more easier for you to put that into a simplified category.

No one is complaining about it not being scene-to-scene because frankly it is impossible, due to differences to manga/novels/anime specifics, yet there are those weird thing called pacing of the series. I know you probably never heard of such thing, however it exist and thats what was the main complaint - it was too fast making the events look rushed. They needed to extend it a little without cramping everything into one piece so fast. If they would have kept a normal pace then those skipped scenes (Not all,but more emotional ones) could have been animated.

So far it is going too fast. But it is not complaining about not being scene-to-scenes, thats just your morbid imagination.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 02:48   Link #804
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Having finished episode 2 recently I'd say the anime is off to a decent start. In terms of the changes, I'll just say the following. I've learned long ago that changes are par the course for adaptations so for me the key will be how the anime works on its own merit. So far I'd say it's working nicely. In any case not only is Taiga is nice, I'm also rather liking Minori. She was just "wow" in episode 2.
Old 2008-10-11, 03:51   Link #805
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
No one is complaining about it not being scene-to-scene because frankly it is impossible, due to differences to manga/novels/anime specifics, yet there are those weird thing called pacing of the series. I know you probably never heard of such thing, however it exist and thats what was the main complaint - it was too fast making the events look rushed. They needed to extend it a little without cramping everything into one piece so fast. If they would have kept a normal pace then those skipped scenes (Not all,but more emotional ones) could have been animated.

So far it is going too fast. But it is not complaining about not being scene-to-scenes, thats just your morbid imagination.
This feels kinda arrogant or something, maybe annoying, but this is a valid point, though i do have mixed feelings about it. For both TAMnI's and Toradora's 1st ep, they used about 3 manga chaps worth of material, and it felt decently paced, now they turn around and use more than twice as much material in the same amount of time. It definitely felt like they just crammed stuff in there, and didn't expound on certain situations that I felt were good in terms of char interaction(such as the falling down the stairs incident).

However, I don't foresee that TAMnI's ep2 is going to be like that. Why? Because there are plot developments that are contained in the first set of chapters. This wasn't really the case with Toradora. I'll moreso lean toward what houkoholic said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
...I don't want to see stupid cliche shounen love comedy ploys and the whole Taiga calling Ryuji a stupid slave dog dragged out for more than 3 episodes - THAT would have hurt it more with how short people's attention span are now-a-days - a lot of peope already couldn't take the first episode of Taiga being "yet another Kugimiya tsundere" and were ready to drop it on a whim, Ryuji's plans (basketball, lunch etc) doesn't add any depths to either of them except to emphasis again that Ryuji is a sensitive guy and Taiga is a tsundere dizz, they were right to leave those on the chopping board.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 04:33   Link #806
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Very much liking Toradora, so much, I went and got a figure of Aisaka before it gets sold out ^_^;;

http://acesan.wordpress.com/2008/10/...figure-review/

I'm actually somewhat glad that the anime is skipping along quite fast compared to the manga. We should be able to see completely new content in an episode or so!

Last edited by Aceywacey; 2008-10-11 at 04:46.
Aceywacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 05:38   Link #807
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
Very much liking Toradora, so much, I went and got a figure of Aisaka before it gets sold out ^_^;;

http://acesan.wordpress.com/2008/10/...figure-review/

I'm actually somewhat glad that the anime is skipping along quite fast compared to the manga. We should be able to see completely new content in an episode or so!
aww... so cute, the tiger
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 06:03   Link #808
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
frubam, more than arrogant I would call my post annoyed, because Sorrow-K didnt even read those posts and decided on his own that they are complaints about not following scene-to-scene original, which is not the case.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 06:46   Link #809
tabun
rawr!

Although I can to some extent understand the somewhat disappointed manga / light novel readers, I as an anime-alone viewer am rather pleased so far. Taiga doesn't seem to be your average tsundere, because she does seem able to convey her feelings to a certain degree (that sounds so cold, but I lack the words).

Also, I do like the art of the anime, and if any of you have an avatar or signature request, I will be glad to test my mettle, just PM me with a scene and timeframe, and I'll see what I can come up with!
Old 2008-10-11, 07:12   Link #810
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Let's put it this way: The three light novel series with Rie voicing the lead female would always have disputes between adaptations. Personally, I think of them as summaries to the light novels. Very important, when you have a series that goes on and on.
Old 2008-10-11, 07:38   Link #811
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Aside from the Ep2 pacing controversy, I must say I am pleasantly surprised by the number of team fansubbing Toradora!

Since there are only 2 episodes for now, and as the show is a pleasure to rewatch, I am trying them all.

Has somebody already made a comparison?
Old 2008-10-11, 07:46   Link #812
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I honestly was a bit iffy in the 1st episode because of the typical tsundere bombing from the Taiga girl.

But then with this episode, a lot of excessive baggage in emotional reasoning seems to have been taken care of.

And really? Pacing issues? I think it's great they just breezed through like that. The second ep decisively convinced me it's a keeper.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 08:00   Link #813
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Aside from the Ep2 pacing controversy, I must say I am pleasantly surprised by the number of team fansubbing Toradora!

Since there are only 2 episodes for now, and as the show is a pleasure to rewatch, I am trying them all.

Has somebody already made a comparison?
you're insane for downloading them all tell me what the conclusion you'll arrive at when done please lol

well for the pacing issue, the anime adaptation of Sekirei also breezed through the manga material. and i was fine with the result so i guess it won't be an issue for me
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 08:43   Link #814
typhonsentra

I finally watched a fansub and now that I can understand everything they're saying finally, I noticed some pretty interesting changes they made to their dynamic.

Spoiler:
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 09:55   Link #815
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I can not believe some of you people are complaining about the slight changes they made in episode 2. For the first fucking time we don't have to deal with bullshit in a show (which this series has very little of anyway) in the form of the same old marketed tsundere shit Rie has been forced to typecast down our throats, and you guys are against it?

I'll admit they did pack alot of content into episode 2 but they did such an absurdly fantastic job with it that I can't be anything but happy about it. I really can't. This is ME we're talking about, I would have been ecstatic to shit all over this show like it was the second season of Shana or Zero no Tsukiama, but I can't because they've already elevated this show, far, far, far past the horrid standards of said examples.

So to that I say bring it on Tora Dora, you've done nothing short of bring a huge smile to face as I watch you.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 11:49   Link #816
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
They have a saying in economics: give people an orange, and they want an apple. Give people an apple, and they want an orange. Guess that's how it is.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 11:51   Link #817
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The way Taiga talked about Ryuuji in the manga is a lot more convincing to believe that she actually likes Ryuuji.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 11:56   Link #818
yozaku
Always Idle

being a non manga reader I think eps 2 is decent
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 12:05   Link #819
Riful
Of The West

being a non manga reader, I thought ep 2 was way too fast. No feelings conveyed at all ^^;
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 12:18   Link #820
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post

Spoiler for Unit Size: QUEEN LATIFAH!:

This picture made me think of something cute. After that I imagine the ending of Takasu and Taiga being close lovers, and Takasu gives her a Palmtop Tiger for a present. Now that would be a great ending.

As far as everyone's manga vs anime concerns go:

I can't tell you what will happen, but I can tell you that since the events of these first two episodes were so brilliant done and established, there's not a doubt in my mind that the rest of the series will please anime watchers and manga readers alike.
I hope that gives you all a bit of relief, but I doubt it will. My point is, they're doing a fantastic job and Toradora! is the only anime that was so good I actually had to re-watch both episodes after my first run through. I've never actually felt forced to re-watch an episode before this series. I highly doubt that the rest of the series is going to be a flop in comparison.

The one good thing about this series is that everyone isn't stupid, except Takasu of course. I can't see why Takasu likes Minorin, it just doesn't click for me. Maybe they'll go into that in a later episode, but I don't get his infatuation with the girl! The good thing is everybody else is pretty right in their minds and on the level. Kitamura (as I have said before) is definitely the intelligent one in Toradora!, as he already caught on to the attraction between Taiga and Takasu. It would seem Taiga is starting to build up an appreciation for him as well, but of course being the girl that she is expecting her to come out with that is beyond foolish.

Takasu isn't a big idiot though in all respects, and that's one of the nice things about Toradora!. Finally the main character doesn't have the intelligence of a lemming. We don't have to worry about him going off the cliff with everybody else because he doesn't follow the flow of the anime. He's actually a part of it, and not just the person that's important. I think if Taiga started to show feelings for him he'd catch on. But that might be wishful thinking.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen