AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-24, 18:21   Link #81
ChronoReverse

Or perhaps the chains simply represent the hold of Sharingan on it?
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 18:57   Link #82
Last of the Uchihas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
The illustration on the cover page is interesting. Kyuubi has sharingan eyes (MS ones), but it still needs to be restrained with powerful chains.
the chainS symbolize the sharingan power over kYUUBI/
Last of the Uchihas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 18:58   Link #83
Anavel
*Graphic Designer

It's a trap!
Anavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 19:12   Link #84
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchihas View Post
Not disagreeing with your statement, but aren't the chains and the Genjutsu'd Sharingan redundant together. They both imply the same thing (control), so why do you need both in the same image.

@Anavel, always enjoy your pop-culture refferences .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 19:32   Link #85
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Not disagreeing with your statement, but aren't the chains and the Genjutsu'd Sharingan redundant together. They both imply the same thing (control), so why do you need both in the same image.
The redundancy is likely present for the purpose of further emphisizing the point; making the Sharingan's power over the beast that much more prominent(often, the job of an artist is to have you assimilate a particular message ). Apparently, people will *still* manage to misconstrue the message. Imagine if the chains weren't there, lol... We'd be reading all sorts of nonsense here.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 19:50   Link #86
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
The redundancy is likely present for the purpose of further emphisizing the point; making the Sharingan's power over the beast that much more prominent(often, the job of an artist is to have you assimilate a particular message ). Apparently, people will *still* manage to misconstrue the message. Imagine if the chains weren't there, lol... We'd be reading all sorts of nonsense here.
Completely agree, the chains make perfect sense, but then that begs the question of why he has to have the Sharingan as well.

Here is my theory, The Sharingan in the Kyuubi's eyes implies Madara's ability to actively summon the Kyuubi. Specifically, if you will remember, when Pein summoned a "strange" creature it would have Rinnegan eyes (for some reason). Maybe, in the case of an EMS summoning the Kyuubi, the Kyuubi will gain the Sharingan in its eyes. So, the chains could act as the image of control, and the Sharingan eyes could imply his summoning.
Old 2008-04-24, 20:01   Link #87
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
So, the chains could act as the image of control, and the Sharingan eyes could imply his summoning.
Yes. However, I think its really just to further emphisize the control over the beast; since its unlikely that many people will remember details such as Manda's eyes displaying the sharingan star(in fact many readers probably missed it altogether). This is most likely an act of consideration by the author/artist (much like Zetsu's presence during the Sasuke vs. Itachi fight, to differentiate between reality and genjitsu). Your point is definitely plausible though. What a beautiful picture .
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 20:14   Link #88
james0246

Quote:
Yes. However, I think its really just to further emphisize the control over the beast; since its unlikely that many people will remember details such as Manda's eyes displaying the sharingan star(in fact many readers probably missed it altogether). This is most likely an act of consideration by the author/artist (much like Zetsu's presence during the Sasuke vs. Itachi fight, to differentiate between reality and genjitsu). Your point is definitely plausible though. What a beautiful picture .
That makes sense, and I do agree with you (better to explicitedly spell out the "control" than to leave it up to interpretation).

And the picture is cool.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-04-24 at 20:30.
Old 2008-04-24, 20:16   Link #89
naruto89

more info -

The chains/leash that hold calamity itself captive—those eyes that made that clan a legend are locked inside their own unseverable chains (of fate).
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 20:26   Link #90
tatami
back in black

Quote:
oh you didnt read the first ideas of chain and sharingan check out that nonsense posts kyuubi with ems or madar in 9 tail form...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 20:56   Link #91
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchihas View Post
No need to use chains to make that illustration. We already know Manda's condition after getting Sharingan'd. Still, there were two possible explanations, one supplementary and one complementary (let's hope the borders are clear). You are free to choose one according to how you see. Until we learn the past completely, there will be no right or wrong answer.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 21:57   Link #92
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Spoiler pics are out. They aren't translated, but they seem to indicate the spoiler about Itachi killing the Uchiha clan at the request of Danzou and the two Hokage advisors is correct.

Also about the Kyuubi chains, wasn't there an earlier piece of art showing Kyuubified Naruto chained up as well? Maybe the cover page is also a reference to that.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 22:09   Link #93
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Spoiler pics are out. They aren't translated, but they seem to indicate the spoiler about Itachi killing the Uchiha clan at the request of Danzou and the two Hokage advisors is correct.
Wow, so Itachi is Really, and I mean Really, stupid...did not see that coming.

Well, at least Sasuke has more people to potentially kill now, and I am sure they will indicate yet another person that he has to kill, who then indicate another person he has to kill. Doesn't look like Sasuke has much of a future .
Old 2008-04-24, 22:10   Link #94
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I wonder wtf is Danzo and the Hokage's advisor's role in all of this?
Old 2008-04-24, 22:31   Link #95
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk
Wow, so Itachi is Really, and I mean Really, stupid...did not see that coming.
Don't think anyone saw that coming... though there were some theories about Itachi killing the clan because he knew they were planning something evil

Have to wait on the translation to be sure, but that does seem to be the spoiler that most closely matches the spoiler pics

Quote:
Well, at least Sasuke has more people to potentially kill now, and I am sure they will indicate yet another person that he has to kill, who then indicate another person he has to kill. Doesn't look like Sasuke has much of a future
I don't know. If he has a real reason to hate Konoha, Sasuke could go from anti-hero to a true villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurayami Leader
I wonder wtf is Danzo and the Hokage's advisor's role in all of this?
The spoiler seems to suggest Sarutobi himself may have also been involved, though I'm not sure to what extent. I don't like to think Kishimoto would smear the 3rd's reputation by revealing that he actually ordered the execution of one of Konoha's clans, but I can definitely see Danzou and the advisors doing this.

But still, if this is true, how would they convince/force Itachi to do it? And why would they risk asking an Uchiha in the first place with so many other shinobi at their disposal? And even ignoring that, why would Uchiha Madara also help if the clan massacre wasn't his plan? And why did the Danzou and the others allow Sasuke to live all this time? This has gotten beyond weird, but it's intriguing. I wonder how Kishi will explain this.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 22:47   Link #96
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I'm guessing that Danzou and Madara just may have more in common than what was originally implied (which was nothing). And I think that for the advisors/Danzou to ask an Uchiha; specifically Itachi, while bold it is a smart move, because the business of teh matter would remain within the terrority of Uchiha walls (and they just so happened to all be killed so no Uchiha police to investigate the matter), meanwhile Danzou and the advisors can cover the incident up their own way, since there would be no Uchiha task force to investigate the murders (blaming Itachi.)
Old 2008-04-24, 23:00   Link #97
Monkey D. Luffy

Who better to carry out a task like this but an Uchiha among Uchiha's, an a renowned prodigy at that. This would provide them with the upside that Itachi knew certain things about the clan that an outsider wouldn't of known and would of aided him in the attack. There has to be more to this than just a a request by Danzou though, something must of had provided the spark to actually have him come to the conclusion that he had to perform the massacre...unless Itachi was that dumb.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 23:05   Link #98
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
Who better to carry out a task like this but an Uchiha among Uchiha's, an a renowned prodigy at that. This would provide them with the upside that Itachi knew certain things about the clan that an outsider wouldn't of known and would of aided him in the attack. There has to be more to this than just a a request by Danzou though, something must of had provided the spark to actually have him come to the conclusion that he had to perform the massacre...unless Itachi was that dumb.
Spoiler for what if...:
Old 2008-04-24, 23:21   Link #99
chitgoks

so the story about naruto shipuuden all along is naruto's quest to follow sasuke around until sasuke murders everyone in his hit list
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 23:56   Link #100
Boduar

Maybe the translation is off but it doesnt it say that the only people who know of the order were the 2 advisors, danzou, + the 3rd. Doesnt imply that any/all of them actually ordered it although I guess someone had to.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote