Notices

Old 2010-12-07, 21:23   Link #1341
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
Agreed. I mean if the other three can sing I think it's safe to say she can as well. If she can then really the Crux has been doing this the hard way. You want to find maidens just hold a singing contest .

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
Makes you wonder, why in the latest episode Takeo was already in his cybody and Takuto was standing just by his Cybody's foot, he didn't just stomp Takuto and save himself the trouble.
It's just how they are doing things. They've had plenty of chances to resolve things simply, but have decided to beat Tauburn in one on one combat. Pretty upstanding of them considering they could just gang up on Takuto outside of zero time and beat him up. More dangerous now of course with Sugata able to use his king's pillar attack.
Old 2010-12-08, 01:09   Link #1342
msg

I see a pattern in this series

the four maidens - Wako (south), "fish girl" (north), Mizuno (west), keito (north)
and each has her own "song".Thus raising this question - what is purpose/function of the song? What actually is the seal that needs to be broken?what happen if all the seal is broken?

The four quadrant gear like pattern symbol found in zero time.2nd upper left quadrant seems to be not moving.perhaps that quadrant symbol represent the four seals/maidens with one of the "seal" is broken (The z symbol).

Phases

1st phases - a character possessed certain type of power and was able to unlock and use it..e.g sword star who was able to levitate/move a spherical object.scarlet kiss able to control the one whom she kissed.Sugata summon kings pillar.

2nd phase - able emulate and control the character's power using the cybody
"apprivoise" through mask.can't undersatand why they need to wear a dorky looking uniforms and masks

3rd phase - see takuto - Auto apprivoise.Just shout it. ^His first phase power is unnown and a mystery.how he jump straight to a 3rd phase is too another mystery.wait that means that the glittering crux uniform that they are wearing right now will "auto" appear when they're ina third phase just like takuto.the way i see it, there's more "features" will appear for the third phase.We'll just have to wait.

perhaps there's more phases beyond the 3 phases?

the sword

so far i've identified 4 of them.The name seems to be following old french version of a gemstone names.

saphyr - sapphire
emeraude - emerald
sardonix - sardonyx
onixis - onyx

the next upcoming one is purple in colour...perhaps - Amatist/Amythest gemstone?

so whats left

Diamond - most probably sugata will get that sword.
ruby
jade
opal
turquoise
....etc

seems like the older generations are pulling the strings behind the younger generations
Old 2010-12-08, 01:25   Link #1343
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
I see a pattern in this series

the four maidens - Wako (south), "fish girl" (north), Mizuno (west), keito (north)
and each has her own "song".Thus raising this question - what is purpose/function of the song? What actually is the seal that needs to be broken?what happen if all the seal is broken?

The four quadrant gear like pattern symbol found in zero time.2nd upper left quadrant seems to be not moving.perhaps that quadrant symbol represent the four seals/maidens with one of the "seal" is broken (The z symbol).
Well not sure if any of the songs actually have a function other than fish girl's being great zero time material . Don't think it's some combined thing with the song's being fairly different especially Mizuno's in style. The songs could have more meaning since it's strange for three of the four (Keito hasn't sung yet so we don't know one way or the other) are all pretty good singers. Though with a series like this it really could be complete coincidence. Don't think there is some overarching seal, but just the individual seals that guard certain things. Like Wako keeping the cybodies activation within zero time and Mizuno protecting the third phase.

Quote:
the sword

so far i've identified 4 of them.The name seems to be following old french version of a gemstone names.

saphyr - sapphire
emeraude - emerald
sardonix - sardonyx
onixis - onyx

the next upcoming one is purple in colour...perhaps - Amatist/Amythest gemstone?

so whats left

Diamond - most probably sugata will get that sword.
ruby
jade
opal
turquoise
....etc

seems like the older generations are pulling the strings behind the younger generations
Actually Head already has the Diamond one (Diamant) that he used in the first episode so you can forget that. Amethyst was used by the third guy that Takuto fought and was the first person he used his own star swords against.
Old 2010-12-08, 03:47   Link #1344
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Actually Head already has the Diamond one (Diamant) that he used in the first episode so you can forget that. Amethyst was used by the third guy that Takuto fought and was the first person he used his own star swords against.
Up to the Crux's knowledge there were only 11 swords (Half the Cybodies) , but the Crux was surprised when Takuto drew Spahir...now there are 12 swords.
Sword Driver had a sword last time too, right?
Old 2010-12-08, 04:10   Link #1345
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

there's phase 4 which is Wako's seal. Break her seal and Cybodies can be used in the real world.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 07:25   Link #1346
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
there's phase 4 which is Wako's seal. Break her seal and Cybodies can be used in the real world.
The worst fate of 'em all...
Old 2010-12-08, 12:13   Link #1347
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I dont think the songs really represent anything significant. It seems like its just another way to connect all maidens together but make them unique by given each of them their own song. Plus there's the belief that maidens should know how to sing and dance. Like the myth when a beast needs to soothed they have some maiden or priestess sing to calm it down. Im pretty sure the 4th maiden will have her own song as well. Though maybe not as beautiful as fish girl's.

I enjoyed Mizuno's song its just didnt seem to fit very well with the zero time scenes.

Why am i not surprised Tauburn has fangs or drones or whatever. I was wondering what skirt looking thing was around its waist.
Old 2010-12-08, 12:37   Link #1348
Arkard

The songs seem to have a seasonal feel to each. Fish girl's was winter based, and Mizuno seems Spring based?
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 13:24   Link #1349
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

ROTFL, the dream sequence back then (episode 4) was really not based on Tiger's memories, but Keito's instead? Wow, incredible misdirection lol. Now it makes sense that it was Keito trying to get Wako and Takuto together (Tiger hasn't shown any inclination for them to get together before or since), and that the 'lovesick girl' is as much, if not more, a reference to Keito as it is Tiger (I mean, Tiger WAS rooting for Takuto not Sugata this episode).

And thus it pretty much sinks the SugataXTiger ship, but it gets replaced by the SugataXKeito one lol (especially if its true that Keito is the 4th maiden, as Sugata is supposed to marry one, and Tiger does not fit the bill). Man, Sugata so lucky having multiple osananajimi LIs.

Come to think of it, I don't think Bones ever animated a show where the childhood friend does not 'win'. Sure there's a first time for everything, but considering Sugata has three, it doesn't look like the streak will be broken. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 13:26   Link #1350
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Urgh shipping. Not again.
Old 2010-12-08, 14:33   Link #1351
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
OTFL, the dream sequence back then (episode 4) was really not based on Tiger's memories, but Keito's instead? Wow, incredible misdirection lol. Now it makes sense that it was Keito trying to get Wako and Takuto together (Tiger hasn't shown any inclination for them to get together before or since)
Do u remember Mami (fought twice)..she said that Wako & Takuto "the outsider" shouldn't be together..so how come her Leader "Keito" want 'em together...unless she's like Marino..they're both plotting to take down the whole Crux...

Come to think of it, it's typical that among the villains u find some good guys...
++++
Random thought:

-At the very beginning of episode 01,, Wako mentioned the summer Breeze and so did Miuzuno in ep 10 (15:57).

-Sugata is no fool, he probably noticed that Takeo is a member of the Crux., after seein' how his attacks change directions..the same way the ball did.

Last edited by Wakan Tanka; 2010-12-08 at 14:52.
Wakan Tanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 18:17   Link #1352
Key Board
Carbon

because Keito probably likes Sugata

if Wako paired up with Takuto, Sugata would be free
If Wako loses her virginity that's even better, because Sugata would be forced
to marry the last remaining maiden in the island.

Yes, it's pretty obvious by now that Keito is the last maiden.

Honestly, I'm still not decided of Keito likes Sugata or Wako, though.
Judging by her upset reaction when Prof. Green suggested that Sugata
might be trapped in an eternal sleep, I'd say Sugata, though.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 01:07   Link #1353
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
because Keito probably likes Sugata

if Wako paired up with Takuto, Sugata would be free
If Wako loses her virginity that's even better, because Sugata would be forced
to marry the last remaining maiden in the island.

Yes, it's pretty obvious by now that Keito is the last maiden.

Honestly, I'm still not decided of Keito likes Sugata or Wako, though.
Judging by her upset reaction when Prof. Green suggested that Sugata
might be trapped in an eternal sleep, I'd say Sugata, though.
I'd go for Sugata,..will he be the Leader of the Crux and fight Takuto again...or the previous fight was simply to check his abilities whether or not he could protect Wako or not...there must be a twist...

Spoiler for Head:
Old 2010-12-10, 12:23   Link #1354
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for Ginga Bishounen?:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 13:50   Link #1355
HandofFate

Episode 10 was a decent episode. Really liked how they put the episode title screen @ the end of the episode right after the last line, so its like :"oh so this is what this episode was about" Marino got owned lol.

So pretty much episode 9 and 10 was kind of two-parter for a story...

Baseball segment was okay, not a big fan of baseball in the first place, so good thing it didn't last that long.
I liked Takuto's line that he wished he could dual-whield Bats though, lol.

The west maiden's song sucks, the girl in the cage's song was much better.
In rank of singing ability:

Girl in the cage
West Maiden
Wako

The Cybody fight was whatever, obviously not the focus this episode.

Didnt like Marino much at first, but growing to like her more now.
Old 2010-12-10, 17:28   Link #1356
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Urgh shipping. Not again.
Yep, thread dangerously close to being over or getting a sub-forum.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 19:41   Link #1357
Katapan
俺様祭り

Hmm. Here comes the time of the season when I hunt for new OP/ED information, and the SutaDora website did post an update about the new songs three days ago.
The second opening, titled "SHINING☆STAR", will be sung by 9nine, the girls behind the current ending. (Let's not forget its lyrics, too: You are my only shining star, KIRABOSHI PATTERN! (ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆). The second ending, "Pride", will be performed by Scandal.

I don't think it's been mentioned here either - there's also a PSP game in the works, apparently!
Old 2010-12-10, 22:50   Link #1358
HandofFate

wait, when did we find out Keiko is the 4th maiden?
Old 2010-12-10, 22:55   Link #1359
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
wait, when did we find out Keiko is the 4th maiden?
The bus scene from the The 8th episode.
Old 2010-12-11, 01:09   Link #1360
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voinic View Post
I'd go for Sugata,..will he be the Leader of the Crux and fight Takuto again...or the previous fight was simply to check his abilities whether or not he could protect Wako or not...there must be a twist...

Spoiler for Head:
I keep leaning towards him going with them, perhaps going on some thought process that breaking the seals would allow both him and Wako to be free. Having that Emperor position open is just asking for it along with Sugata not staying out of the game forever. And still being on their side when he finally does seems like it would give way too much power to Night Flight's side.

It also seems like the natural way to go given how Sugata seems to feel useless at the moment.

Spoiler for Head:

I still rather hope we don't see this happen, but it just feels so damn obvious that I can't see it going any other way.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen