AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-09, 14:49   Link #1621
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiMata View Post
I do hope that Yano gets more development, and an arc of her own at some point. I enjoyed Chizu's arc, but I prefer Yano as a character and she seems to be relegated to commentator status most of the time. She is one of the few non-dense people in the series, so I have a soft spot for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Yes i agree, she's my favorite side character in KnT, would love to see a Yano arc at some point or rather I've been waiting all the time for one to surface, preferably one involving her own personal romance issues. As you mentioned her role so far is just that of a cupid/observer but it would make a great plot twist if in her own arc she was to take the role of the clueless and needy fool for a change, after all in love everyone becomes an idiot, she shouldn't be any different
I agree with both you. We did get a tiny look at how her love usually goes and it does not seem to go that great most of the time from her own words. She seems to be more mature than her counterparts however she is really bad and choosing guys. "I went out with him because he wanted too, they always start out being mature then they just become bothersome, who are with, where are you going, why didnt you answer your phone, why did you call me back right away its some tiresome" Yano

So yea i think her luck in the love department would make a pretty entertaining mini arc. We will get more of her in the future with some great antics and more of her fierce attitude (which i love) But honestly there is not a guy in that school that could handle Yano hell a lot of them are scared of her lol.
Old 2010-03-09, 16:59   Link #1622
Katapan
俺様祭り

Spoiler for Episode 22:
Old 2010-03-09, 17:09   Link #1623
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 22:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-09, 17:18   Link #1624
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 23 preview:
Old 2010-03-10, 04:22   Link #1625
prnoct90

BIG NEWS!!! According to the most recent Newtype, Kimi ni Todoke will actually be 25 episodes, not 24 like originally announced.

Also, for those curious, here are the last couple episode titles:

Spoiler for Episode Titles:

Identical to the manga, if you don't want to look.
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 04:24   Link #1626
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That's good to know, and hehe, episode 25.
Old 2010-03-10, 04:52   Link #1627
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So 25 episodes? Fark so KmT is going to end the same week as Cross Game and SnW. How depressing.

I was initially going to say that Sawako's dad is such a dope after inadvertently ruining everything for her on the 24th, but he redeemed himself in the end. I still say that the entire thing at the end with Kazehaya waiting for her and giving her his number as her first number on her phone is cheesy as hell, but cheesy in a good way.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 05:57   Link #1628
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Seriously glad they used the main theme for the key scene there at the end. That added a lot more impact.

Sawako's attire in the preview for episode 23 looks so much <333 animated. Can't wait.
Old 2010-03-10, 13:20   Link #1629
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for ep 23 preview:

Made me completely forgot what I wanted to say about the ep
Old 2010-03-10, 13:27   Link #1630
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I seriously can't blame you there.
Old 2010-03-10, 13:32   Link #1631
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:

I really should start watching the previews for the next episodes. I'm missing out on these things. Now I'm really, really excited for episode 23.

I would describe watching episode 22 the same way I described basically every episode of Kimi ni Todoke so far: cute, sweet, and I love it. Nice to see Sawako thrust back into the main role. A nice Christmas episode. Looking back I don't think I've watched an anime Christmas episode I didn't like.
Old 2010-03-11, 00:47   Link #1632
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh my god. 22 was EPIC. from the scene in the classroom, to the phone call and her going to the party, it was amazing. i started to tear up when she got the phone call, and when she started to run in the snow, i was overwhelmed. and it was pretty telegraphed, but when Kazehaya gave her his present, i was like, omfg, its a cellphone charm.

beautiful. though i couldn't help but think her dad was a jerk this ep...

my prediction is that her birthday will be another amazing ep, though i don't know if it'll be 23 or 24..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 08:20   Link #1633
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

That was the best part of this episode. KURUMI FOR LIFE!!

I kid...I kid...

22 was really good. Her father was so funny. "Santa-san" this and "Santa-san" that.
Old 2010-03-11, 09:58   Link #1634
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

22 was really good. Her father was so funny. "Santa-san" this and "Santa-san" that.
I wanted to hit her dad with something hard.

She's not a kid. He guilt-tripped her into not asking to go out to the point the girl was crying. She's lucky her friends called.
Old 2010-03-11, 10:18   Link #1635
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

She's not a kid. He guilt-tripped her into not asking to go out to the point the girl was crying. She's lucky her friends called.
But hey at least it got her that extra special cheesy moment with Shota at the end.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 11:06   Link #1636
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Well, the poor man didn't know that Sawako had a previous appointment.
It's HER fault for not speaking!
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 12:22   Link #1637
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Agreed. We all know that if she said something her dad would have agreed easily (although reluctantly). But she did not know that and she did not want to disappoint him.
Old 2010-03-11, 12:43   Link #1638
brain
house music addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
He clearly doesn't actually ask her about her life... I was horrified when her dad picked up the present she made Kazehaya! But the suspense at the end and the relief was enough to make me Best episode yet, but it shows Sawako needs to learn to not be a pushover.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 18:11   Link #1639
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im a tad bit late but....

What can i say another episode that was extremely well done. This episode highlighted one of Sawako's problems which is not speaking up for what she really wants for fear of hurting or disappointing others namely her parents. If she had just said she wanted to go to the party with her friends her parents would have said yes as its obvious that her parents love that she has finally made friends. Well her father who seems to be having a little bit of trouble letting go might have cried a bit. But ya know i like how he just adores his daughter who is just so kindhearted. He even got her a cellphone a topic which arose earlier on and the fact that Kazehaya was the first contact in her phone and the one who showed her how to use it was perfect.

Its been a long time since side characters contributed so much to the development of a story and a main character at that. But there was a difference this time the whole class wanted Sawako to go. There is like half a page in the manga that they left out of the episode that showed the class wanted her there as well. I heart nearly broke as Sawako cried while on the phone with her friends. However, this was a way to show how much they missed her and wished she could be there to celebrate after all next year they will be preparing finals and taking entrance exams. Sawako honestly did not know what to say especially about her Christmas present (god i love Ayano) the stake drove home and waterfall of tears burst forth once she heard Kazehaya's voice. Its easy to see why she didnt know what to say. But thats what moms are for and like any good one she handled the situation flawlessly. IT was cute watching Sawako tug on her moms sleeve while she was chatting with Kazehaya. That kind of "for all that is holy my mother is talking to the guy i like". It was a nice scene and the giving of the cell phone was a perfect touch.

Sawako's gift giving ideas were pretty damn good and they were all handmade. It wouldnt seem right if she went out and bought gifts. Sawako is the type to give things from the heart and what better way to do that than making the gifts yourself. Now the hat gift didnt go off as planned but at least Kazehaya got a nice belly war...i mean scarf to warm himself during winter. Kazehayas gift was also good as Sawako had just received a cellphone. It was obvious the writer planned this but i had no complaints about it.

Even though Sawako was not able to make it to the party to see everyone. I believe the lesson she learned far outweighed not making it. Plus in the end the person she wanted to meet the most was still there waiting for. Not being able to communicate our feelings to other can be a hindrance in life. People cant guess what we are feeling or what we are thinking its important to develop those communications skills to voice our opinions or wants and needs. I tend to look the episode of Kimi ni Todoke as life learning experiences of color put on a pallet and we get to watch it take shape as its made into something beautiful. Sawako is the pallet and life is the color and every episode a little more is added to her.

Great episode but get ready guys Sawakos Birthday (which happens to be the same as mine ) is going to be brilliant episode
Old 2010-03-11, 20:23   Link #1640
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:

Thank you for avatar! Kurumi is awesome!
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo