002 actually met Hiro in childhood
002 wanna be human coz child Hiro was racist and dun want a monster
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 14:09   Link #1663
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Are you referring to the Japanese folk tale where a Red Oni wants to get along with humans but is struggling so the Blue Oni suggests creating a scenario where the Blue Oni attacks the humans and the Red Oni "saves" the humans and drives off the Blue Oni, so that the humans would feel grateful to the Red Oni...?

So basically, Red Oni = 02, Blue Oni = klaxosaurs.
I like the idea but Klaxosuars don't really fit in properly as Blue Oni's since their intentions don't match. I can't imagine Klaxosuars revealing to be working for ZeroTwo's sake either.

Would be interesting if Hiro turned out to be the Blue Oni and he served that role somewhere down the line. Remember that weird blue shit that was appearing on his chest before his third battle with ZeroTwo?

Or maybe Ichigo could be the Blue Oni. Then we might as well call her Rem 2.0 and call it a day.

A very nice episode by the way. In fact it was pretty terrific from start to finish. Just a shame considering how much of a deal breaker some of the more asinine elements of the show are.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 14:54   Link #1664
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Are you referring to the Japanese folk tale where a Red Oni wants to get along with humans but is struggling so the Blue Oni suggests creating a scenario where the Blue Oni attacks the humans and the Red Oni "saves" the humans and drives off the Blue Oni, so that the humans would feel grateful to the Red Oni...?

So basically, Red Oni = 02, Blue Oni = klaxosaurs.

We see 02 desperately searching through books and failing to find something. We see a flashback to Hiro and Ichigo discussing a book - it's probably the book that 02 wants. Perhaps Hiro had read the tale in the book and had told little 02 about it?

So in a sense, 02 is misunderstanding/misinterpreting the folk tale or doesn't quite remember it properly.

Well, when I thought of Red Oni Blue Oni, what first came to mind was character differences. We've known Zero Two to be outwardly very self confident, but inwardly very vulnerable. In contrast to that, there's Hiro who at first sight seems vulnerable, but on the inside he's pretty self confident. To link this to the folklore, wasn't it so that the Red oni wanted to get along with humans, whilst the Blue oni already got along with humans despite his outward appearance? If memory serves me right, Red oni was always characteristically very temperamental, whilst Blue oni was always rather calm.

Because in your scenario, it kind of fits with Zero Two's current predicament: As long as she kills Klaxosaurs, people won't treat her as one.

I'm not sure about that book. Zero Two is looking for a picture book, but if it was a picture book, I don't see both Hiro and Ichigo not understanding it's contents. After all, they only focused on the description of a sacred tree, which suggests that it's a book full of heavy theory or very visual themes that they couldn't have known at their age.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 15:05   Link #1665
_Ninja_

I am actually really not a fan of the whole "Hiro is actually her original Darling and they have just forgotten". It's too convenient.

PS. I wouldn't take what Zero Two says this episode at face value. She is angry and she is broken. She's lashing out, including at those closest to her. I don't think she was faking the whole time. The stuff in episode 4 when she was happy he went after her. The fact she's finally found someone who could be her partner.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 15:32   Link #1666
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
this ep was end of cour
I think the anime runs continuously, so there is no real "cour."
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 15:46   Link #1667
LG-MAX 2.o

then, twelve hours after we see a man raping a woman, we see a woman trying to rape a man. This seems like equality.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 15:51   Link #1668
Blueknight78

i'm also believe which peoples here are taking 02 words here as a absolute truth and forget what is happening with her and what happened in the past.

This started when the professor franxx told to 02 not get "too close with hiro" because she know something bad gonna happen(she turning in a monster) and it's happening now, then she in order to protect herself and protect hiro and the others is playing the "evil guy" she is trying to destroy all the "love"/attachment" she had with the group, because she is a fraid of what will happen when they see her as a monster and it is "eating her" and turning her in crazy making her say things which she "don't wanted".

Remember that sort of actions you only get when someone is "falling apart" and get desperated then one of the natural defenses is do that go on denial and start to attack anyone around, it's not they really intention but the despair and losing himself can lead peoples to do that in that situations.

Them is important take her actions and words with a grain of salt and wait a little more to see if it was indeed she being honest or just she loosing her mind and i don't think this is the "last episode of this season" because we ended in the middle of a battle and when she loose herself, it's looks more like a "2 parts" and the 13 will be the end of it when hiro probably will make 02 snap out of it and get back to herself, because this is what happening she is about to turn in a monster in the middle of the battle then they can't end it here now*(i know this anime is a 2 core but i'm talking about it being a 2 episodes plot).
Old 2018-03-31, 16:30   Link #1669
_Ninja_

She hates herself. And she won't be proven wrong so easily. He loves her but that can't be, she's a monster. It must be shallow. it must be because of all of the seductive things she has done. That's what he means. He insists so she'll show him. She'll prove that she's a monster by hurting him and she knows how to hurt. He is nothing to her. He is fodder. This is what she does to people, right? He contradicts her again in the FRANXX so she'll lash out for challenging her obsession. She'll show him the monster, she'll show him everything.
Old 2018-03-31, 16:36   Link #1670
Mistyclear

....hmm an interesting episode. Did Hiro forget or was he made to do so?
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 16:38   Link #1671
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 12 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 16:49   Link #1672
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
....hmm an interesting episode. Did Hiro forget or was he made to do so?
Maybe she is the cause. Same how he doesn't remember his first ride with her.

Possibly she did something to him when they were kids or scared him or something. And he rejected her, called her a monster. So she hates herself for what happened. Takes his memories and decides she'll become human somehow so when they meet again she's not the monster who hurt him.

Also, a possible chilling realization. What was making her human was devouring her partners, not killing klaxosaurs. Someone possible sold her a huge lie.
Old 2018-03-31, 17:00   Link #1673
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
Maybe she is the cause. Same how he doesn't remember his first ride with her.

Possibly she did something to him when they were kids or scared him or something. And he rejected her, called her a monster. So she hates herself for what happened. Takes his memories and decides she'll become human somehow so when they meet again she's not the monster who hurt him.
Wouldn't it rather be that she took his memories when they were doing tests on Hiro? Maybe they tried to groom him into a special stamen for her.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 17:12   Link #1674
Twi

Six months since they left the Garden to become Parasites? Really? Are they growing these kids in a vat and speeding up the growth rates?
Old 2018-03-31, 17:26   Link #1675
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Six months since they left the Garden to become Parasites? Really? Are they growing these kids in a vat and speeding up the growth rates?
They themselves think that six months is not a long time. Had their growth been sped up they would have a different perception of time and wouldn't think that was short. Likely they've grown up and trained in the Garden.
Old 2018-03-31, 17:36   Link #1676
Twi

Quote:
They themselves think that six months is not a long time. Had their growth been sped up they would have a different perception of time and wouldn't think that was short. Likely they've grown up and trained in the Garden.
Makes sense. Still, I don't know what to be angrier about here. The fact that the Adults are clearly being heinous or the fact that someone openly lied to Zero Two about killing the monsters being enough to keep her human. If she knew that draining her partners was what kept her form human, she wouldn't have been making nice with Hiro. The fact that they didn't split them up regardless means they have some reasoning for allowing the pairing to continue even after their rebellion in the 4th Episode.

Also, pretty sure that the other Nines are similar to her. Blonde's behavior reminds me a little of Zero Two back in the second episode.

Edit: Hiro's piloting swag continues to be on point with that triple kill.
Old 2018-03-31, 17:36   Link #1677
KPSJ

Zero two close to becoming worse girl if she ends up beomf a evil down the line
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 17:41   Link #1678
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
002 only played Hiro
002 has experience with over 100 men
002 actually met Hiro in childhood
002 wanna be human coz child Hiro was racist and dun want a monster
People are skipping over the fact 02 was quick to offer sex to hiro and she knew how to do it.... 02 has a double digi body count maybe even triple... and seems she calls past partners darling to
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 17:48   Link #1679
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
People are skipping over the fact 02 was quick to offer sex to hiro and she knew how to do it.... 02 has a double digi body count maybe even triple... and seems she calls past partners darling to
You're judging her under an extreme state of mind. Besides she was making a point with the sex "offer". The point was to denigrate Hiro's confession to something shallow.
Old 2018-03-31, 18:00   Link #1680
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Moreover they were shocked that kids would be getting the parasite shots at such an early age and were then told that the adults are speeding up the development process of parasites. I'm guessing that normally kids would leave the garden as teenagers but something changed and they are being rushed into service sooner.

Also I'm starting to think that plenty of the names used in the show are incredibly literal, one of them is parasite. I'm willing to bet that what makes kids able to pilot mecha are literal parasites in their bodies. I'm also willing to bet that those parasites turn people into Klauxsaurs eventually and that zero two is a special case who grew some sort of simbiose with her parasite which made her into that horned, red skinned and blue blooded girl.

What's the ultimate goal of papa and the others as well as the background to how the world came to be though are details I'm very much looking forward to finding out about.