AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 07:44   Link #1781
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Thanks for putting up with me, guys. =3
*pats pats*

Also, 2P colors of some characters. Because I can.

Spoiler for 2p colors:
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 07:46   Link #1782
Meltyred

Signum's Combos aren't too hard, but very very limited.
The basic starter is usually:
Square > Triangle > Circle
to hit the enemy far away then,
Hold Square (Signum will chase the enemy and slash her/him) > Triangle > Triangle.
Everything else does much lower damage.
This does 38.23% on Precia.

For using Signum's manual counter to start a combo, use this:
Manual counter> Square > Circle
To sent the enemy flying then,
Hold Square > Triangle > Triangle.
It's 43.41% on Precia.

So if you learn how to hit with manual counters, it is definitely more damaging, but very unsafe if whiffed.
I didn't use any skills for those combos by the way. ( I only have cross range power 1, so I can't do amazing boosts yet.)
(Does 52.7% with Cross range power 1 and Air Strike, 62.03% if you add Drive Critical)

Last edited by Meltyred; 2012-01-11 at 08:00.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 07:48   Link #1783
rxrx

Talk about limited, I think Touma can only do about 2 button regular combo. At least Signum's attacks are quick, the guy is damn slow and can be countered easily. Good that he have range though cause if he doesn't even have that, he would suck in cross range.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 07:50   Link #1784
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
In what way...?
My understanding, based on the summaries that you kindly provided, is that for all of GoD's... distractions based on who's story sequence it is on, it never detracted from the original overarching plot of U-D/Materials/Florians.

The focus does shift away every now and then ( Rynith, Touma, etc ), but it's there and building.

ViviD now is like if Toguro and Genkai did nothing at all throughout the entire Dark Tournament.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 07:59   Link #1785
rxrx

More like Dragon Ball's tournament in my opinion. At least the first one where Goku took part in where there is no ridiculous thing happening and the last fight is between Goku and Master Roshi.
Old 2012-01-11, 08:06   Link #1786
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
More like Dragon Ball's tournament in my opinion. At least the first one where Goku took part in where there is no ridiculous thing happening and the last fight is between Goku and Master Roshi.
Dragon Ball was rather arc-centric and simple at that time.

Besides, there was a story behind that tournament. The 'plot' during that arc was Roshi masquerading as Jackie Chun, and his hope that Goku/Krillin did not become arrogant and lose sight of their path.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 08:10   Link #1787
rxrx

Yeah, but at least it was still kind of good till the thrid where Piccolo arrives.
Old 2012-01-11, 08:15   Link #1788
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Talk about limited, I think Touma can only do about 2 button regular combo. At least Signum's attacks are quick, the guy is damn slow and can be countered easily. Good that he have range though cause if he doesn't even have that, he would suck in cross range.
He isn't to bad, his combos basically are:
Manual counter or Square > Circle > Hold Square
And you get big damage from it.
Simple to use.

Unlike Einhart, her combos take more timing and effort...
But I managed to do a combo that did 68.35% of Precia with Cross range Power 1, Air Strike and Drive Critical skills.
Edit: No wait, I managed to do a 86.60% combo with a burst combo. (Holy crap....)
Edit2: Screw it, I managed to do a combo that killed precia completely. (I am going to try it on characters with more HP)
Did 36.30% on Yuri. (Normal burst without combos does 30%) 60.50% to Hayate (As compared to the normal Burst of 50%)

Last edited by Meltyred; 2012-01-11 at 08:29.
Old 2012-01-11, 08:18   Link #1789
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
He isn't to bad, his combos basically are:
Manual counter or Square > Circle > Hold Square
And you get big damage from it.
Simple to use.
Thanks. i will try it out. So far, the combo I've been using is Square>Circle>Circle and the damage is alright. The good thing is that Touma's trigger for his FBD is really long and it is painful. With Burst Lvl 2, I killed off Precia in one hit.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:09   Link #1790
Meltyred

Found out something interesting, if you are using Kyrie and you use a Square chained into your full burst, her burst attack comes out slow enough that the damage reduction will be gone yet the CPU cannot dodge it due to the hit stun.
Which means Kyrie's Burst combos are the most potentially damaging. (It's basically what your combo did + Maximum burst attack damage.)
Sadly it only works with 1 combo (so far) and it does 79.02% (So 29.02% + 50%).
The con is that it is very very hard to do right.
The combo is this:
Square > Square > Square > Small delay before pressing Square > Triangle (If the enemy is just above your gun level, you timed it right) > Circle

This sends them away, and here comes the hard part.

As soon as the greatsword turns back , hold circle to use the Accel bind.
Then just hit Square > Burst attack. (The damage counter should disappear just before Kyrie does her first hit of the animation.)

You need to be in burst mode before you start the combo of course.
Old 2012-01-11, 11:58   Link #1791
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
See, it's all this wacky combo stuff that turns me off most fighting games. This game doesn't have complicated combos, but seeing you guys talk like that makes my eyes spin.
Old 2012-01-11, 12:03   Link #1792
rxrx

Well, if you don't play against other player, you can just ignore the combos and play as you wish. Like mention before, there are strange play styles like using Chrono's bind loop to bind your enemy till time over but you can play without them too.
Old 2012-01-11, 12:14   Link #1793
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Yeah, I don't play fighting games with others because I always lose. The only exception is when I play Fate/Unlimited Codes with my friend. I can only beat him when I use Saber Alter, though.

That's another thing: I don't main anyone. I have my preferences and I'm better with some than others, but in general I'll play as all the characters and not just focus on mastering one of them.
Old 2012-01-11, 12:52   Link #1794
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
I was hooked really good with Blazblue while waiting for this game. I certainly wouldn't mind some crazy crossover or maybe an AU Nanoha game in Blazblue's format. Yes, even the terrifying parts. There's something really charming about the unrepentant way the writers in Blazblue handle the characters. :3
It'll either have to wait until BlazBlue is done, so we know what the heck is going on, or else the crossover would have to leave out or adapt some things from the BlazBlue side.

Like the time-loop. Either Amaterasu is forcing the entire universe to loop, or just the BlazBlue planet/solar system.

Quote:
I'd like that, but I'd much rather have a game series with the story mechanics. Oh what I wouldn't pay for a 'Wild Arms' or a 'Tales of' RPG game of the Nanoha series.
That would be nice.

Quote:
Precia is kinds like some characters deliberately made to have screwed balance. Make no mistake, she is highly potent at ranged combat with her protector/attacker orbs, counter barrier and quick Thunder Rage casts.
Considering that she was likely never a fighter, and her poor health, the "screwed balance" seems like a faithful representation of her abilities.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Did Precia and Linith really need to be there either?
They didn't need to. But they certainly gave more spice to the story for me.

Sketchy it may be, but the execution was excellent so I'm not complaining.:3 I was never one to mind the ups and downs of the art of storytelling and is more there just for the enjoyment. And that's definitely what I got. =3
It was definitely touching.

However, I'm inclined to label it non-canonical Omake. Just as I'm inclined to ignore that Reinforce ever absorbed Fate into the book (why? why not do the same with Nanoha?), and just assume that Nanoha, Fate, Arf and Yuuno continued to fight Reinforce as a team until the Defense Program took over.

Arf and Yuuno left the fight for no reason, since the Arthra teleported Arisa and Suzuka out of Reinforce's capture-field (and should that have even been possible?).

Besides, the idea of Nanoha and Fate not being able to fight because they were worried about their support is laughable. Especially since Yuuno has stronger defenses than the both of them.

Fate can have a special side-story of her own after the Book of Darkness incident, either with the recovery of Linith's diary or a normal dream sequence, or both.

Quote:
Wish they did. I wanted some Blazblue-style pre-battle clashes for certain match pairings.
Definitely a missed opportunity. Maybe in the next game?

Quote:
Like I said, she's like a young and inexperienced royal who has too much power in her hands. It's a good thing she had the levelheaded Dearche Stern by her side.
Typo, there.

But as the Materials get older, won't Yuri be the one who matures into the actual leader? In your summaries and translations, even Dearche refers to Yuri as the leader of the Materials.

Quote:
Fate's melee is depressingly weak. And add to the fact that her unique skill, Cross Range Power 3 AND Sonic mode does little to improve it says a lot. She does a lot better in range when I use her.
Huh.

Does anyone feel this is accurate, or an unfortunate circumstance of game balance?

Who has worse melee damage than Fate? If her melee damage is superior to Nanoha and Chrono's, it will seem more accurate. It's not like anyone expects her to hit as hard as Signum or Vita.

Quote:
Thanks for putting up with me, guys. =3
Are you kidding? Thanks for helping us out!
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 12:52   Link #1795
rxrx

Me too. After all, it is fun to have some dream battle using different characters against another. Great to inspire fanfic ideas too. Heck, in Fate/Unlimited Codes, I like to use Shirou and he is definitely a very good character no?
Old 2012-01-11, 12:58   Link #1796
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Yeah, I don't play fighting games with others because I always lose.
Go defeat Galactus with Phoenix Wright or Mike Haggar. No other genres can offer that kind fo crazy shit.
Old 2012-01-11, 16:57   Link #1797
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
One can't help but feel guilty whenever Stern says that last line...
It's reverse psychology

Quote:
I can already imagine you having plans for them... ()
Heh, I do, I do
At least, for Yuri I do :3

Quote:
I'd actually like to keep the mindset that the PSP timeline would lead to a similar future but would actually have some significantly changed dynamics, specially with some characters. Hayate in this game is in possession of the actual Tome of the Night Sky and the original Schwertkreuz. And she has the skills to actually beat her fellow Aces in practice matches. That already puts her on a higher tier than the official timeline adult Hayate.
Yeah...it's a shame the official timeline nerfed her :/

Quote:
This makes me want to ask. What age do you think Amitie and Kyrie's physical appearances equate to? I can actually imagine them as being only fifteen by now. (Which is the actual age of our resident runt, Chrono. )
Heh, who knows
...does that mean Kyrie is into (slightly) older men?

...and Aaron, you're easily the King of Backlog Breakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Also, 2P colors of some characters. Because I can.

Spoiler for 2p colors:
Nice 2P colors indeed
Also at Laevateinn...it's so loooong.
Old 2012-01-11, 17:08   Link #1798
Astral Corruption

Can someone please PM me instructions on how to get the code for the Materials' DLC swimsuits or alternately give me the code itself, also how to download it from the website and how to make a japanese playstation network account on the PC? Thanks, I really apreciate the help.
Astral Corruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 18:36   Link #1799
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Yuri vs everyone

lol Dearche is embarrassed with Yuri.

Yuri: I like the King.

Dearche: eeeeee... stopppppppppppppp..... quiet quiet!!!

Last edited by bhl88; 2012-01-11 at 18:50.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:04   Link #1800
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Corruption View Post
Can someone please PM me instructions on how to get the code for the Materials' DLC swimsuits or alternately give me the code itself, also how to download it from the website and how to make a japanese playstation network account on the PC? Thanks, I really apreciate the help.
I've asked this before and all I know is that they're available between the 18th and the 30th.

Got through sequence 2. I noticed that Material-S uses different characters for Nanoha's name. Any of the Japanese knowledgeable understand the significance?