AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-29, 13:10   Link #18101
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
AlternativeS Chapter 1 (AS rough draft) AlternativeS Chapter 2 (AS rough draft)
Spoiler for Alternatives 3-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-2:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-3:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-4:

no image this time :3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 13:11   Link #18102
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I think it's borderline; you can explain it away as alternate universe, but it would only take a few tweaks, I think, to make Vita not skirt that line. (After all, it's hard to argue that based solely on Fate's absence Vita would change overmuch)

*waves a NanoVita flag*
Not that hard, actually. Fate's absence affects Vita indirectly. Vita's most defining change in her relationship with Nanoha is when Nanoha was injured when she was 12. In this story, without Fate around, AltS!Nanoha never fully recovered from the ordeal. This may result in Vita changing a bit from the original Vita, perhaps making her feel more guilty over the incident due to Nanoha being crippled, and this may make her even more protective of Nanoha towards others, and a bit softer to Nanoha herself.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2009-10-29 at 13:23.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 13:21   Link #18103
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
*cough* Wallachia *cough*
Gah. Must. Resist. Temptation. Must not... Ah screw it.

KATTOKATTOKATTOKATTOKATTOKATTOKATTOKATTOOO!

*Cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
Spoiler for Urban Explorer!Shamal:
The music really added to the atmosphere. Good job!

Let me get in on the Halloween spirit!

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-29, 13:21   Link #18104
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
i second that conflict, vita/nanoha!

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 13:24   Link #18105
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Not that hard, actually. Fate's absence affects Vita indirectly. Vita's most defining change her relationship with Nanoha is when Nanoha was injured when she was 12. In this story, without Fate around, AltS!Nanoha never fully recovered from the ordeal. This may result in Vita changing a bit from the original Vita, perhaps making her feel more guilty over the incident due to Nanoha being crippled, and this may make her even more protective of Nanoha towards others, and a bit softer to Nanoha herself.
You have a great point, but my key point was applicable to all the characters affected: they aren't going to change hugely. Vita, even if softer around Nanoha, wouldn't be Vita if she weren't rough around the edges and very very attached to people she cares about. To be honest, I think her survivor's guilt wouldn't be all that different if Nanoha had never recovered from that incident. It would be slightly different, but not enough that it would create such a large change this far down the line.

@Satashi: I know you're writing these quickly and on breaks; do you care about typos/edits, or would you rather plot/character observations?
Old 2009-10-29, 13:27   Link #18106
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
You have a great point, but my key point was applicable to all the characters affected: they aren't going to change hugely. Vita, even if softer around Nanoha, wouldn't be Vita if she weren't rough around the edges and very very attached to people she cares about. To be honest, I think her survivor's guilt wouldn't be all that different if Nanoha had never recovered from that incident. It would be slightly different, but not enough that it would create such a large change this far down the line.

@Satashi: I know you're writing these quickly and on breaks; do you care about typos/edits, or would you rather plot/character observations?
Well, yes. I didn't mean to imply that there'd be a great change. That's why earlier I said that Satashi could get away with them being a little OOC. Not blatantly, and Vita's behavior wasn't really blatantly OOC to me in that section. About the survivors' guilt, I agree, mostly. But it is possible for it to grow a little bit over time. After all, Nanoha's Smart Chair gets the unfortunate occupation of being a constant visual reminder to Vita of her failure to protect Nanoha, and that can get to a person after all. (<--Speaking from experience).

I get the feeling AltS!Vita has never encountered Lexus. The man would be paste if Vita saw him mistreating Nanoha.
Old 2009-10-29, 13:32   Link #18107
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Hehe, Happy Halloween folks. *Howls*
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 13:35   Link #18108
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:

Nah, I glance over to try and find red lines to fix typos, but mainly I'm just trying to write. I don't proof them or anything either. These are 100% rough drafts. When they go to FF.N, they'll be fixed though. Thank you for the offer ^_^

If something is weird in the story, though, let me know. Like Kero-chan pointed out, I incorperate the things you guys talk about between posts. Adding in Vita because people think she would be there more, the whole conversation between Nanoha and Hayate was a rehash of several post, and Nanoha saying that she wasn't going to "cheat" was from a discussion here as well.

As for Vita, I tried to make her still snippy and "rough around the edges" but she still had to have that "little something" that shows she's nicer to Nanoha than other people. So I compromised by having her acting "softer" to Nanoha but still doing things that I think are canon for her. Like making sure Nanoha couldn't turn away from her, swinging her feet off the bed, rolling her eyes, making sarcastic remarks (with love).

I don't think she'd change much because Nanoha can't walk, but I do think she wouldn't hold back her feelings as much. The whole "Nanoha can take care of herself, she's strong" would be lessened to "Nanoha can take care of herself, she's strong, but just in case, I want to be there for her."

Vita: I don't think she will fall, but if she does, I'll catch her.
Old 2009-10-29, 13:40   Link #18109
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

In my opinion, there wasn't really much about Vita in part 3-3 that's really OOC. In fact, I have to be overly critical to find points that are. Vita has shown repeatedly that she can be soft towards the people she cares about, and she also showed in StrikerS that she can handle the 'reassuring talk' position when she comforted Shamal right before the Cradle mission.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 13:59   Link #18110
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Vita doesn't seem out of character to me. In fact, I can very easily see that she would act much like this if Nanoha never recovered from her injury.

Except for one thing. I thought Nanoha was crippled by another injury in this universe, one that was magical in nature. She can still feel her legs but not move them, right?

So her injury wasn't the drone backstab it was in the original timeline? A sharp metal blade through the spine would cause more conventional paralysis.
Old 2009-10-29, 14:41   Link #18111
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Well, yes. I didn't mean to imply that there'd be a great change. That's why earlier I said that Satashi could get away with them being a little OOC. Not blatantly, and Vita's behavior wasn't really blatantly OOC to me in that section. About the survivors' guilt, I agree, mostly. But it is possible for it to grow a little bit over time. After all, Nanoha's Smart Chair gets the unfortunate occupation of being a constant visual reminder to Vita of her failure to protect Nanoha, and that can get to a person after all. (<--Speaking from experience).
Okay; I revise: I think I see something there that I want changed, but I can't put my finger on it; whatever it is, it's minor.

Quote:
I get the feeling AltS!Vita has never encountered Lexus. The man would be paste if Vita saw him mistreating Nanoha.
This is true. Lexus is a matter of time/unfortunate timing before he's a smear on a hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Nah, I glance over to try and find red lines to fix typos, but mainly I'm just trying to write. I don't proof them or anything either. These are 100% rough drafts. When they go to FF.N, they'll be fixed though. Thank you for the offer ^_^

If something is weird in the story, though, let me know. Like Kero-chan pointed out, I incorperate the things you guys talk about between posts. Adding in Vita because people think she would be there more, the whole conversation between Nanoha and Hayate was a rehash of several post, and Nanoha saying that she wasn't going to "cheat" was from a discussion here as well.

As for Vita, I tried to make her still snippy and "rough around the edges" but she still had to have that "little something" that shows she's nicer to Nanoha than other people. So I compromised by having her acting "softer" to Nanoha but still doing things that I think are canon for her. Like making sure Nanoha couldn't turn away from her, swinging her feet off the bed, rolling her eyes, making sarcastic remarks (with love).

I don't think she'd change much because Nanoha can't walk, but I do think she wouldn't hold back her feelings as much. The whole "Nanoha can take care of herself, she's strong" would be lessened to "Nanoha can take care of herself, she's strong, but just in case, I want to be there for her."

Vita: I don't think she will fall, but if she does, I'll catch her.
Yeah, that's very Vita anyway. Maybe I'm just imagining things, considering no one agrees with me.

@synaesthetic: The backstab only happened because of the magical exhaustion, IIRC. Maybe Fate was never there to take some of the responsibility off Nanoha, so Nanoha was doing more, and so her magical reserves very simply never recovered... something like that?

Alternatively, it got better, then got worse when Nanoha did it to herself again.
Old 2009-10-29, 15:28   Link #18112
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Spoiler for NSFW Halloween fun!:
Old 2009-10-29, 15:40   Link #18113
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Holy... *nosebleed at the image*

That was sweet and well written. As expected of Satashi-sama.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 15:44   Link #18114
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
You know, the whole "no explicit material" rule seems to have gone out the window... >.>;

Not that I'm complaining. <.<;
Old 2009-10-29, 16:04   Link #18115
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
You know, the whole "no explicit material" rule seems to have gone out the window... >.>;

Not that I'm complaining. <.<;

"No sexually explicit material."

Detail is what's important. You can imply things and build up to, but as long as you don't write the act of them doing it out, its normally okay. Also, the "NSFW" tags are good. It gets "sexual" when acts of sex or foreplay, ect. are involved. What I wrote was "erotic" but not really "sexual" because no acts happened and no details were explained.
Old 2009-10-29, 16:07   Link #18116
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Quote:
HOLY CATS!!! (no pun intended)
Old 2009-10-29, 16:48   Link #18117
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
AlternativeS Chapter 1 (AS rough draft) AlternativeS Chapter 2 (AS rough draft)
Spoiler for Alternatives 3-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-2:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-3:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 3-4:

no image this time :3
I'm...so...tired! But your TWO updates brought me back! Thanks Satashi; it was great! And Vita is Vita! :3

*puts on a vampire costume*

Well...off to the party! X3

Halloween fun:
That made me laugh non-stop! XD
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 16:55   Link #18118
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Eh, might as well get into the Halloween spirit. *Rushes off and comes back a few minutes later in a Yokai academy boys uniform from Rosario+Vampire*
Old 2009-10-29, 17:10   Link #18119
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nanoha Halloweens need more Bag Brothers.

*FLEEZ*
Old 2009-10-29, 17:37   Link #18120
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Nanoha Halloweens need more Bag Brothers.

*FLEEZ*
OMG, yes! Mind you, "Spinel Heart" was one of my favorite Satashi fics anyway, but that was one of the funniest bits ever!!!!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha