AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-08-25, 05:15   Link #18961
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Best. Scene. Ever.
Thanks a lot! Glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Spoiler for Just for fun:

I had fun writing this.
Very nice scene! I like your interpretation of Kyonko, in particular. I think that you had Nagato responding to Kyonko's narration at one point - that's an interesting touch, in that I don't think it's ever happened in the novels/anime (Nagato responding to Kyon narration).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
It's funny, it's funny. ^^; Kyonko and Haruki seem nastier than usual, though, less kind.
I'm glad that you found it funny at least. As for Haruki and Kyonko... I haven't yet read all of the visual novel work that Kaisos has done, but from what I've read so far, it seems to be going on the theory that Haruki's a bit bossier/more delinquent than Haruhi is (Haruki throwing spitballs at Kyonko; openly telling Mitsuruu that he lied to him before trying to force him to crossdress - I can't think of a scene where Haruhi admitted to lying to a fellow SOS Brigade member, or in fact did lie to a fellow SOS Brigade member).

It also seems to be going by the theory that Kyon being very snarky translates into Kyonko being, well, nasty. Honestly, I haven't read a scene yet where Kyonko has struck me as even remotely nice. Being cold to Itsuko... trying to steal Kyon's shoes or telling him to "go to hell!" even after he gives her his shoes... being harsh to Taniguchi (male) and Kunikida (male)... I don't get the feeling that Kyonko is meant to be kind.

I'm fine with the above. It makes sense that a male Haruhi with that added testosterone would be even bossier and nastier. And I can see snarkiness in Kyon translating into nastiness in Kyonko.

So, anyway, I was mainly trying to channel Kaisos' writing when I wrote Kyonko and, to a lesser extent, Haruki (I did take a few more liberties with Haruki, I'll admit).
Old 2009-08-25, 05:23   Link #18962
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Pretty much the only instance of Kyonko being "nasty" that isn't directly caused by the player(IE: the player actually making her do that) is the part with Kyon. And at that point, I'd say her being irritable is perfectly logical, what with being painfully(yet somehow pleasureful) ripped out of her own world and into his, as well as having to sleep outdoors and being stuck with dirty clothes.

*e* And now I have, as well.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2009-08-25 at 05:33.
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 05:30   Link #18963
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Pretty much the only instance of Kyonko being a bitch that isn't directly caused by the player(IE: the player actually making her do that) is the part with Kyon. And at that point, I'd say her being irritable is perfectly logical, what with being painfully(yet somehow pleasureful) ripped out of her own world and into his, as well as having to sleep outdoors and being stuck with dirty clothes.
Well, I'll read some more, and see what I think of her there.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-08-25 at 05:44.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 07:46   Link #18964
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:

I had fun writing this.
This is very, very good; and the idea brilliant. Also, it made me think of Kyonko and/or Kyon as Blackadder.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 09:39   Link #18965
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:

I had fun writing this.
That's made of pure win! Just a little typo, were you going for "quiet" instead of "quite"?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 10:10   Link #18966
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Typos fixed. I realized there were a lot in my first draft.

Glad everyone liked it.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 11:22   Link #18967
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It also seems to be going by the theory that Kyon being very snarky translates into Kyonko being, well, nasty. Honestly, I haven't read a scene yet where Kyonko has struck me as even remotely nice. Being cold to Itsuko... trying to steal Kyon's shoes or telling him to "go to hell!" even after he gives her his shoes... being harsh to Taniguchi (male) and Kunikida (male)... I don't get the feeling that Kyonko is meant to be kind.
In Kyonko's defense, it's implied that when she was nasty to Taniguchi and Kunikida she was still experiencing at least residual pain from the transfer; after all, the first thing Itsuko notices when they've crossed is Kyonko "half-bent over in pain, clutching (her) head." While she later says she's fine, that sort of experience would probably put you under a severe amount of mental stress, which tends to translate to being rather short tempered. Added to this, before she can really settle herself, two boys who look vaguely similar to and share names with people she knows show up and won't stop talking to her.

I'd say snapping on them was a perfectly understandable response on her part. Maybe not the right response, but understandable nonetheless.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 12:04   Link #18968
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:

I had fun writing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Spoiler for Fanfic scene inspired by dragon4dudes:
Both of these are ridiculously awesome.

I already gave away my bedazzled chainsaw and chrome-plated accordion, so I don't know what to give out. Uh...One of the prizes available is a horse with blank CDs stapled to it, but the horse is actually made of solid brass and Hitagi was the one who stapled the CDs onto it. I don't know how staples can go through brass, though. The other prize someone can take is a flock of geese, but each goose is tied to one of those "get well soon" foil balloons. And...I don't know. Maybe these geese are special and can somehow avoid shitting on everything. Or maybe they can make staples that work on solid brass, or maybe the balloons are also made of solid brass. These are pretty much the worst prizes ever, if they even qualify for that name. I'm sorry.
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 13:17   Link #18969
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
In Kyonko's defense, it's implied that when she was nasty to Taniguchi and Kunikida she was still experiencing at least residual pain from the transfer; after all, the first thing Itsuko notices when they've crossed is Kyonko "half-bent over in pain, clutching (her) head." While she later says she's fine, that sort of experience would probably put you under a severe amount of mental stress, which tends to translate to being rather short tempered. Added to this, before she can really settle herself, two boys who look vaguely similar to and share names with people she knows show up and won't stop talking to her.

I'd say snapping on them was a perfectly understandable response on her part. Maybe not the right response, but understandable nonetheless.
I wasn't aware of the residual pain factor. I can see that making a person legitimately more irritable and likely to snap, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
Both of these are ridiculously awesome.
Thanks a lot!

Quote:

I already gave away my bedazzled chainsaw and chrome-plated accordion, so I don't know what to give out. Uh...One of the prizes available is a horse with blank CDs stapled to it, but the horse is actually made of solid brass and Hitagi was the one who stapled the CDs onto it. I don't know how staples can go through brass, though. The other prize someone can take is a flock of geese, but each goose is tied to one of those "get well soon" foil balloons. And...I don't know. Maybe these geese are special and can somehow avoid shitting on everything. Or maybe they can make staples that work on solid brass, or maybe the balloons are also made of solid brass. These are pretty much the worst prizes ever, if they even qualify for that name. I'm sorry.
I'll take the solid brass horse with blank CDs tied to it, then!

Saying "Hitagi herself touched these CDs!" should make them incredibly expensive Collector's Items over E-Bay or Amazon.

Solid brass horse can probably be broken down and turned into a nice brass instrument ensemble.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:04   Link #18970
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Despite you guys justifying the things she does, Kyonko is normally rather a bitch anyway.

Mostly because there isn't a single day that something bad doesn't happen to her.

Poor Kyonko.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 14:28   Link #18971
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
MEN OF TANITH SEITENKAN DO YOU WISH TO LIVE FOREVER?!

Nice stuff sw XD

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 15:31   Link #18972
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Those war stories upward are great. Though I somehow imagine Haruki wanting a Rocked Propelled Chainsaw Launcher instead of a plain ol' rocket launcher. I mean that's a more over-the-top coolness. Not that Warlock Genghis Khan with a Rocket Launcher is not over-the-top cool.
Or with a minigun.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 16:33   Link #18973
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:

I had fun writing this.
Awesome story too. But I felt kinda disapointed. You showed every character, including T&K, exept Ryou I was kinda waiting seeing he with a sniper.

About Kyonko. Well, it is not like he is a kind nice guy. He is nice to girls (exept Haruhi) and not so much to guys (not really a jerk, but boardline).
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 16:51   Link #18974
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Previous instalment:

Spoiler for Suzumiya Haruki no Setsubun, part 19. 'The End is Getting Closer':

Next instalment.

As usual, I would appreciate your comments immensely. ^^

Last edited by Aebliss; 2009-09-01 at 16:36.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 17:10   Link #18975
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Off-the-current-topic:

Another "Lol Itsuko theorizing" scene is coming up in the VN... due to the responses last time, I thought I'd ask:

What random, yet relevant theories do you want to hear Itsuko spout out, for those who have been paying attention? Anything else you want to hear?

This is the Seitenkan Brigade's "We're Stuck in Another World, what the fuck is going on Meeting" so I'd love the help, if possible.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 17:19   Link #18976
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Off-the-current-topic:

Another "Lol Itsuko theorizing" scene is coming up in the VN... due to the responses last time, I thought I'd ask:

What random, yet relevant theories do you want to hear Itsuko spout out, for those who have been paying attention? Anything else you want to hear?

This is the Seitenkan Brigade's "We're Stuck in Another World, what the fuck is going on Meeting" so I'd love the help, if possible.
Um. How about 'the current situation we find ourselves in is due to Suzumiya-san's sudden interest in the different thought processes of man and woman. He is now curious how his life would be different if he were a woman, so a female version of him has come to exist by virtue of his power. Only, because this is truly a female version of Suzumiya-san, she has access to the same power he does, and has created a world around herself which is a reflection of Suzumiya-san's. But since ultimately the power springs from our Suzumiya-san, this is an unbalanced creation, with the divine power like the rope in a game of tug-of-war. As the power flows, so too are people drawn along with it, possibly in an effort to achieve reality in this new world. Or possibly Suzumiya-san's sunconscious is actively sending us here, relying on us to solve this imbalance. The Organization exists, after all, to safeguard Suzumiya-san's state of mind and the real world from which we came.'

Something like that? Li'l sleepy. ^^;
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 17:22   Link #18977
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. Go on, I dare you.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 17:23   Link #18978
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Um. How about 'the current situation we find ourselves in is due to Suzumiya-san's sudden interest in the different thought processes of man and woman. He is now curious how his life would be different if he were a woman, so a female version of him has come to exist by virtue of his power. Only, because this is truly a female version of Suzumiya-san, she has access to the same power he does, and has created a world around herself which is a reflection of Suzumiya-san's. But since ultimately the power springs from our Suzumiya-san, this is an unbalanced creation, with the divine power like the rope in a game of tug-of-war. As the power flows, so too are people drawn along with it, possibly in an effort to achieve reality in this new world. Or possibly Suzumiya-san's sunconscious is actively sending us here, relying on us to solve this imbalance. The Organization exists, after all, to safeguard Suzumiya-san's state of mind and the real world from which we came.'

Something like that? Li'l sleepy. ^^;
Heh I liked this one. Though Itsuko would also open the possibility of being the other way (Suzumiya(f) creating Suzumiya(m)).

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-08-25 at 17:34.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 17:47   Link #18979
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Personally, I'm all for a further discussion of Jungian archetypes.

Also, I imagine at least Itsuko would bring up the concern of what Haruhi would do if they all suddenly vanished... Lots of room for theorizing there.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 18:08   Link #18980
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Previous instalment:

Spoiler for Suzumiya Haruki no Setsubun, part 19. 'The End is Getting Closer':

As usual, I would appreciate your comments immensely. ^^
This should be an official novel.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote