Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-01, 07:37   Link #1941
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I hope not, as this would make him become closer to what he was like last season. We can only hope he won't forget his newly-found care for his friends... anyway, I do expect both C.C. and Kallen to try and do something about it, at some point.
I hope not too, but I don't see him staying with the same feelings and hope he has right now (Love is power). His personality could turn dark again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Your not the only one. I knew something bad would happen to her after Ep7 when they were all on the roof.

Shirely is the most humanising person in Lulu's life and for that to happen when he's finally getting his act together, well god damn. He really will become Zero now.

As a KaLulu fan i think i'll haver a bad taste in my mouth if we win by default. I didn't really like her as a character but since she just seems to get crapped on all the time she'll probably be moving up my favourite character list after this out of sympathy.
Same with me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
The saying goes you don't really know what you got till its gone
This is so true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
It's part of the "taking away" process. It starts with Shirley, but I'm thinking sooner or later, everyone around him will either

1) be dead
2) leave him
3) forget about him
As C.C. said it.

Quote:
Well, we'll see. I expect her to be shocked about Shirley's death though...
I know she will be shocked, it's obvious , but she can feel like she is the second choice right now . Even if she is the one to comfort him (I see that coming for real if he gets emo again), it will feel wrong. It will not feel as a victory to me.

If Kallen really loves him, I hope she will say No if he wants her to comfort him. As I said it, to be the consolation prize is terrible when you love someone
Old 2008-07-01, 07:38   Link #1942
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I just pray that they don't make her death too grisly. Previously, red on white had some... beauty to it. Lord, I need help.
Old 2008-07-01, 07:42   Link #1943
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniani View Post
I hope not too, but I don't see him staying with the same feelings and hope he has right now (Love is power). His personality could turn dark again.
Could, yes, but it isn't for sure that it will. We'll have to wait until after epispode 14 to see what permantent effects Shirley's death will have on Lelouch.

Quote:
I know she will be shocked, it's obvious , but she can feel like she is the second choice right now . Even if she is the one to comfort him (I see that coming for real if he gets emo again), it will feel wrong. It will not feel as a victory to me.

If Kallen really loves him, I hope she will say No if he wants her to comfort him. As I said it, to be the consolation prize is terrible when you love someone
I don't think we're in for any comfort like that - not for the immeidate future at least. But we'll see what'll happen when they're finailly reunited.
Old 2008-07-01, 07:47   Link #1944
Daniani

Quote:
I don't think we're in for any comfort like that - not for the immeidate future at least. But we'll see what'll happen when they're finailly reunited.
Just thought about it. Kallen was taken away, so if he turns emo, it will be just C.C. and him.

No just no, please. Not that I don't like C.C. but
Old 2008-07-01, 07:47   Link #1945
Deviannite

Guess i was right lol

was predicting Milly or shirley to die looks like its Shirley.
Old 2008-07-01, 07:49   Link #1946
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Just thought about it. Kallen was taken away, so if he turns emo, it will be just C.C. and him.

I don't think that will happen though...
Edit: After all, for now he seems more focused on trying to destroy the cult, not burying his sorrows.
Old 2008-07-01, 07:53   Link #1947
Stretch5920

He won't be emo, he'll be angry.
Old 2008-07-01, 07:53   Link #1948
Daniani

Quote:
I don't think that will happen though...
Edit: After all, for now he seems more focused on trying to destroy the cult, not burying his sorrows.
If "to let Kallen away" and "having shirley to die" is just a setting by the code geass staff to make the c.c./lelouch pairing happens I will want to commit a murder among sunrise staff
Old 2008-07-01, 07:56   Link #1949
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
If "to let Kallen away" and "having shirley to die" is just a setting by the code geass staff to make the c.c./lelouch pairing happens I will want to commit a murder among sunrise staff
I'd agree that it'd be a very cheap way of "taking away all comptetion", indeed, not having the guts to solve the matter with all three into the picture at the same time, indeed
Old 2008-07-01, 07:58   Link #1950
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Though C.C. is definitely in for some character development by episode 15, I'm extremely doubtful this scenario was engineered to put her back in the race. In fact, hating Geass could alienate C.C. from Lelouch, and even force him to be self-loathing for a bit.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:01   Link #1951
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Well if Shiley does, boy, that's one competitor out of the way (1 out of the 108 girls he dated, including the ones he hadn't such as C.C. and Kallen) ... :P Just kididng. Can't wait. It'll be dramatic.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:01   Link #1952
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The Geass as a Ring of Power from LotR... Somehow, I'm getting this impression.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:03   Link #1953
Var
Banned

Quote:
I know but I'm sure a lot of fans (I would even say "Idiots") will say "it's a victory" for their favorite pairing, while this event will make Lelouch even more cold and empty of feelings.

He will stay away from Love because he knows what could happen when people he loves are involved. He will only use people as pawns of war again.
You should not listen to idiots, it's that simple. No one in their right mind would call this a victory, but, at the same time, it is not nearly as cripling as you make it out to be. You have to realize that losing someone you love, or thought you loved, makes you realize just how much you love everyone else. It makes you reflect, retroactively, on everything.

In Lelouch's case, if he has someone else he has feelings for, he'll realize it and go forward leaps and bounds, to keep that person either within arms reach or 'safe' while not forcing them into a bird cage. Case in point: Nunally after Euphemia's death.

Quote:
It's SO cliche. Bad writing all the way.
What isn't cliche these days? Everything is cliche if you choose to look at it in such a way. This, in my opinion, is not cliche. As I did not expect this particular end.

Quote:
This is true, but I will end up being a fan of no one, because I don't like cheap victory. Having the best contestant (after Turn 12) to die is a total crappy twist. I wanted Kallen to win because she's the best, not because the other girl died. Do you understand how I feel?
Best contestant win? What? When? She was finally brought into the damn running, not made the best contestant in one episode. The best contestant for the last entire series lifetime has been no-one/Nunally. This series of events might actually wake Lelouch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa View Post
I'm totally against her promising to Lelouch that she will try her best to change him and make him fall in love with her, only to have us the audience see in the next episode her fall dead and have Lelouch realized that he had loved her all the time.

Bad writing, imo.....but not cliche.
Since when is foreshadowing bad writing? It's called an ironic development, and it should raise flags whenever its noticed. Things like 'I'll make you fall in love with me' followed by a swift realization that the person you love isn't the person you know, is ironic and its foreshadowing shit on the horizon.

Quote:

He's going on a vendetta, not turning emo. You also don't know if/when Kallen will be rescued, in Ep.13 we know he has been making preparations to do it. He could very well save her before the assault on the Cult.

Quote:
I'd probably agree. Except... Kallen's with Lelouch's most dear person.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:03   Link #1954
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The Geass as a Ring of Power from LotR... Somehow, I'm getting this impression.
As in: gives you a lot of power, but which can corrupt you along the way and slowy eat away your humanity?
Old 2008-07-01, 08:07   Link #1955
v1nx

Send a message via ICQ to v1nx
Quote:
As in: gives you a lot of power, but which can corrupt you along the way and slowy eat away your humanity?
From mythology: Geas - is a gift(like uber-power hack), but also a curse
Like for Lelouch - his curse "walk all his path alone", or something like this...
Old 2008-07-01, 08:07   Link #1956
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Remember, in the series, there were several types of rings. The type you described were the "9 for mortal Men".

Right now, Lulu's seems to be the "7 for the Dwarfen lords": granting great wealth, but also lures evil to them.

Charles's reminds me of the One itself: "1 for the Dark Lord in his Dark Throne".
Old 2008-07-01, 08:09   Link #1957
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
He's going on a vendetta, not turning emo. You also don't know if/when Kallen will be rescued, in Ep.13 we know he has been making preparations to do it. He could very well save her before the assault on the Cult.
Var, making a new Kallen rescue prediction all times
Wel,, it isn't impossible, I'd say, but I myself suspect she won't be saved (if that's what happens indeed) before we've been getting some looking into her Britannian character as well as some interaction with Nunnally, I think, so...
Old 2008-07-01, 08:10   Link #1958
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nx View Post
Like for Lelouch - his curse "walk all his path alone", or something like this...
In Irish mythology and folklore, a geis (/ˈɡɛʃ/, plural geasa) is an idiosyncratic taboo, whether of obligation or prohibition, similar to being under a vow or spell.
Well, of course if you follow your geas, it says to bring good fortune and power
Old 2008-07-01, 08:13   Link #1959
v1nx

Send a message via ICQ to v1nx
Quote:
A geis can be compared with a curse or, paradoxically, a gift. If someone under a geis violates the associated taboo, the infractor will suffer dishonour or even death. On the other hand, the observing of one's geasa is believed to bring power and good fortune. Often it is women who place geasa upon men. In some cases the woman turns out to be goddess or other sovereignty figure.
from Wiki. I'm not historian or whatever, so I won't argue)
Old 2008-07-01, 08:14   Link #1960
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nx
Not quite, as I see it Geas from mythology is an obligation or something - not so much a blessing as I see it. Like for The Fool in Feit's "Fairy Tale", perhaps - when his true name is said, he has to obey the orders of the one who said his name, or "the Geas will be upon him"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan
Remember, in the series, there were several types of rings. The type you described were the "9 for mortal Men".

Right now, Lulu's seems to be the "7 for the Dwarfen lords": granting great wealth, but also lures evil to them.

Charles's reminds me of the One itself "1 for the Dark Lord in his Dark Throne".
Haha
But I think Lelouch's power fits better as one of the Nine then...
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories