AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2021-03-22, 23:33   Link #181
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't particularly blame Zeke for killing an armed force (although it was a massacre), he can't be blamed any more than Sasha sniping the Marleyan soldiers during the assault at Liberio for that. But turning all the civilians in the Rakago village into to monsters is definitely something in the war crime territory. You can't even justify that as a collateral damage. He could have at least shown a bit of remorse or compassion, at least he could have shown that it was conflicting for him to do so but he had no other choice, but as Levi pointed out, he couldn't care less about those people. And that's what in my opinion gives Levi every rights to show zero mercy and compassion for Zeke.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-23, 02:33   Link #182
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sole Salvation

If Levi's an a*****e, then other characters would be more or less like him.

Back when I watched season one eight years ago, I withheld passing judgement on Annie for all the lives she took away at both the 58th Expedition and the Stohess District arcs because she was just following the mission along with Reiner and Bertholdt. And, her character arc had not been fully explored and fleshed out at its full potential.

However, I do agree that Zeke crossed the line for what he did at Ragako Village claiming false pity for the inhabitants to justify for the cause to save the Eldian race. Yet, Levi made it clear without buying such speech that the former had little to no interest at being concerned for the lives he wastes away if it can be justified for a grandiose cause that Zeke truly believes.

My point is that both audiences and readers shouldn't pass judgement on the characters until their respective arcs are fully explored or fleshed out in order to properly understand their previous actions and what drives them to keep moving into that set path that either they chose for themselves or were thrown into against their will.
However, if said character, through his or her deeds, crosses certain moral threshold event horizon of no return then the audience either immediately or eventually will sooner or later lose all sympathy for said character.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-23, 08:46   Link #183
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't particularly blame Zeke for killing an armed force (although it was a massacre), he can't be blamed any more than Sasha sniping the Marleyan soldiers during the assault at Liberio for that. But turning all the civilians in the Rakago village into to monsters is definitely something in the war crime territory. You can't even justify that as a collateral damage. He could have at least shown a bit of remorse or compassion, at least he could have shown that it was conflicting for him to do so but he had no other choice, but as Levi pointed out, he couldn't care less about those people. And that's what in my opinion gives Levi every rights to show zero mercy and compassion for Zeke.
It should also be noted that Levi isn't blinded by revenge, or he would have just killed him on the spot. He cares about his comrades, and he cares about the future of his people. He acts like an asshole, but he isn't one deep down.
Old 2021-03-28, 23:48   Link #184
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It should also be noted that Levi isn't blinded by revenge, or he would have just killed him on the spot. He cares about his comrades, and he cares about the future of his people. He acts like an asshole, but he isn't one deep down.
It’s not even deep down; he talks like an @$$hole, but he wears his caring for his friends and comrades on his sleeve. He’s foul-mouthed with a bad personality, obviously due to his childhood and upbringing, but his heart is 100% with his people.
Old 2021-12-31, 17:58   Link #185
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Attack on Titan The Finale Season (War)

Regardless of the ocassional blemishes, IMHO, MAPPA did a satisfactory job carry on from Wit Studio and delivering the Marley arc in full animation.

War permeated this year's season after Eren found himself lost with the truth that the Survey Corps unraveled at the end of season three.

This time Paradis brought the fight into the heart of the Marleyan continent rather than waiting for death knocking at their doors, and we got the full account on what Reiner, Annie, and Bertholdt went through growing up in Marley as warriors in order to get all the pieces on their respective character arcs.

I do not intend to miss and slack off for the rest of the finale season coming on next week, since it will be not only the decisive outcome but also the event that will conclude a 9-years cycle since the first one got released way back in 2013.
Old 2022-01-13, 09:57   Link #186
LKK

Several posts regarding the manga's ending have been removed. Don't use your manga knowledge to discuss the events-yet-to-come in this anime thread.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-13, 18:00   Link #187
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... The only ones with a modicum of interest in discussing the anime are manga readers who want to post spoilers? That's not fun.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-14, 18:10   Link #188
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So... The only ones with a modicum of interest in discussing the anime are manga readers who want to post spoilers? That's not fun.
I'm among the two or three people whose post got deleted. I'm not interested in discussing the anime either, actually. Neither were the others.

Meanwhile, every other place on the internet is going crazy over this show. And no, it's not just because of the lack of users that there is no discussion here.
Old 2022-01-16, 01:55   Link #189
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Judgement

Welcome all to the beginning of the end.

We may discuss whatever the anime right now is revealing from the content of both the opening and ending to the actual events transpiring within the show itself, however, no manga spoilers, as the mods have already warned against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
I'm among the two or three people whose post got deleted. I'm not interested in discussing the anime either, actually. Neither were the others.

Meanwhile, every other place on the internet is going crazy over this show. And no, it's not just because of the lack of users that there is no discussion here.
Inevitable, since the manga ended 6 to 8 months before the conclusion to the anime's final season started; the long wait killed off the momentum, as I predicted it back then that it would.

Nevertheless, I believe fans at other places in the internet are raging over the anime more due that the final season's new OP and ED are packed with tons of spoilers that will eventually come to pass in the final episodes to the anime. (Again, no manga spoilers discussion in this thread).

Anyways, Marley has once again invaded Paradis to return the insult that (mostly) Eren and the Survey Corps dealt at Liberio, and this time they're going full assault to do whatever it takes to stop Eren and Zeke from activating the Founding Titan's power.
Spoiler:

Once again foreshadowing events for a future episode in the anime without spoiling the fun.
Old 2022-01-16, 06:04   Link #190
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I want to have a little thought to those who were anime-only and watched AoT back in 2013. But never made it to the end of this journey because they passed away before. I have had a highschool friend and a cousin from Portland (Oregon) who were hyped by AoT. The former got into a accident (bicycle vs car = not a chance) in 2015, he never get to see the Beast Titan debut in its terrifying glory. My cousin left us in nov2021. So I want to watch the journey to its end on their behalf and visit them to tell them how it was.

If you have friends and family who are anime-only and found their flame with AoT, please cherish the time with them. We dont know how many anime-only fell to Covid or something else, and will never get to see the end.
Old 2022-01-16, 17:29   Link #191
Estzero1

Even though the pacing is really terrible, at least it resulted in a possible new meme template. It's better than nothing, I would say.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 13:39   Link #192
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sneak Attack

IMHO to me the highlight of the 77th episode was the imagery and symbology employed when epiphany finally dawns upon Gabi realizing what Reiner truly experienced in his 5-year stay in Paradis.
Spoiler:
Old 2022-01-23, 14:24   Link #193
Blaat

For those who haven't read the manga, in episode 78 we briefly see variations of the main characters these are based on characters from the bonus manga chapters at the end of each volume. Just in case you were confused by a goth Mikasa or Armin wearing glasses.
Old 2022-01-23, 19:16   Link #194
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a really good episode. I was afraid they'd drag things out to end it on Eren getting his head blown off (which was an end of chapter cliffhanger in the manga), but thankfully they didn't. The whole part in the Paths is one of my favorite of the entire manga. The wild ride is only starting.
Old 2022-01-23, 21:55   Link #195
Router25
World Connector. I think

The episode after the next would totally have a cold open of a plot point.
Old 2022-01-24, 06:48   Link #196
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was a really good episode. I was afraid they'd drag things out to end it on Eren getting his head blown off (which was an end of chapter cliffhanger in the manga), but thankfully they didn't. The whole part in the Paths is one of my favorite of the entire manga. The wild ride is only starting.
I honestly expected that. I can't say I would have completely blamed them as it would have been a pretty effective cliffhanger.
Old 2022-01-30, 13:51   Link #197
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Two Brothers

The highlight for this episode that made me weep to my heart...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
Fortunately, they didn't.

The story has at last reached deep into the climax bowels, and Eren is having none of Zeke's euthanasia plan. He merely went along the ploy in order to literally arrive into the realm of the Path to get at Ymir, the Founder.
Nevertheless, Zeke anticipated that much to counter Eren, and the elder brother nullify the vow to renounce war, literally chaining Eren in order to attempt to "save" his little brother.

In the next episode, Zeke will find out a big mistake.
Old 2022-01-30, 19:16   Link #198
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was amazing. It was hinted before with Kruger knowing Armin and Mikasa's name that the Attack Titan could see the future, and we got confirmation of it in the worst/best possible way. The irony of Eren having been the one manipulating his father into killing Historia's family is just... wow. Same with Zeke being the one getting healed by this journey down memory lane, when he intended for it to open Eren's eyes.
Old 2022-01-30, 20:27   Link #199
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Been waiting for this episode for literally years.

IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT.

I always thought Zeke’s shocked Pikachu face in the manga was a bit dull and underwhelming. But here, his face had every inch of shock and horror that I had ever dreamed we’d see in the animated version.
Old 2022-01-30, 21:38   Link #200
Wandering Soul

Got to love the irony of how Zeke was trying to save Eren from their father only to see that in the end it was actually Eren that pushed and influenced Grisha instead.