AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2015-08-09, 09:15   Link #2101
Homura7

WRONG. Personally I find the idea of releasing 6 movies far more appealing than a series, mainly because it guarantees quality.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 09:25   Link #2102
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
It's 6 movies, and it they each run 80 mins like Episode 1 will, that's the equivalent to a 20 episode TV series in length.
It'll be equivalent to a 24 episode series in length, not 20.

Anime episodes are 20 minutes long, so each film = 4 episodes, roughly.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 20:57   Link #2103
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
It'll be equivalent to a 24 episode series in length, not 20.

Anime episodes are 20 minutes long, so each film = 4 episodes, roughly.
Anime episodes are about 24 minutes long if you include the OP/ED. We'll probably clock in around 22 episodes worth of animation in the end since these movies will probably feature full length songs for the OP/ED sequences so they'll be double or triple the length of what you would normally get in an anime episode and while I full expect they'll use the OP to keep the story moving, I don't really expect the same from the ED portion.
Old 2015-08-09, 23:37   Link #2104
Retrorock

After watching the latest dragonball episode, I'm somewhat glad Toei decided to turn this into multiple movies, even if it means we will have to wait forever for it to finish.
Retrorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 07:51   Link #2105
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
WRONG. Personally I find the idea of releasing 6 movies far more appealing than a series, mainly because it guarantees quality.
This is Toei. Nothing can guarantee quality. Nothing. Unless you're talking about 'quality!" But I do agree, I don't mind that this will be released as movies either... it means we can hope that this will at least roughly have the quality of a decent(ish) TV series. In the long run this is good.
Old 2015-08-10, 16:46   Link #2106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
I'm still pretty upset about the entire Tri Series being a Movie ! It pretty much killed 80% of my hype.
Honestly , What I truly want is a new Protagonist who act like a Comic Relief like Davis ! However later he will shown to have a smarter , Serious and Darker personality that he hide under his ''Comic relief personality ! A part of series will be dedicated to him overcoming his inner darkness and share his real self with other DigiDestined.
That What I hope for when I though Tri series to be an actual TV Series.

By the way , Its Look like someone asking Sora on a Date ? Could it be Tai ?
Honestly though , Sora doesn't look cute at all in this new animation!
Yeah, basically have no hype left for this after the move to the movie format. There's just no point to getting hyped about something that we're not going to see conclude for several years. Might as well try to forget about it for as long as possible and see it later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrorock View Post
After watching the latest dragonball episode, I'm somewhat glad Toei decided to turn this into multiple movies, even if it means we will have to wait forever for it to finish.
I'm not. I'm just pissed that Toei can't be bothered to put in the effort for their television series. So now our only hope for a Digimon series that doesn't look like roadkill (though I still think the art styles for this don't look great anyways) is the extremely spaced out film option.
Old 2015-08-11, 02:21   Link #2107
Blaat

Well some of the character profiles are up, based on Yamato's profile it doesn't looks like they've retconned 02.
Old 2015-08-11, 05:53   Link #2108
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Well some of the character profiles are up, based on Yamato's profile it doesn't looks like they've retconned 02.
lol at hikari part
Quote:
Yagami Hikari:
2nd year middle school student. It's because of her cute charm, she's really popular in her brother's soccer club. She loves ice cream. Her partner is Tailmon.
They should change soccer club to whole world club...

Taichi part was interesting
Quote:
2nd year senior high school student. Part of the school soccer club, who practices really hard on soccer every day, lately he's been trying to decide on his future career. His partner Digimon is Agumon.
So, will they show the reason why he decide to become politician?
After all, only with that path he could truly help Digimon world to enter in friendly negotiation with human world.

(He already have a lot of power in Digimon world but none in human world)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 06:58   Link #2109
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I don't really get why so many people seem to be gunning for a retcon. Sure, 02 wasn't that great, but this is a continuation, not a reboot. You can't just randomly cut out an entire season and essentially change the series' history without any good explanation.

I mean, I didn't like 02 that much either, but... it's done, it happened. At best they could change the bits that weren't so great about it.
Old 2015-08-11, 07:14   Link #2110
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
I don't really get why so many people seem to be gunning for a retcon. Sure, 02 wasn't that great, but this is a continuation, not a reboot. You can't just randomly cut out an entire season and essentially change the series' history without any good explanation.

I mean, I didn't like 02 that much either, but... it's done, it happened. At best they could change the bits that weren't so great about it.
Dragon ball super say hello
Old 2015-08-11, 07:16   Link #2111
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Dragon ball super say hello
I don't watch that, but for the record: I didn't say it wasn't done before, I said it should be done properly, or it's silly. There's a difference.
Old 2015-08-11, 07:49   Link #2112
Homura7

Look at the top left corner, the blurry part. It's Mimi's profile and it says she's currently living in America.

Retcon, my ass XD But why do you even bother? This story is focused on the original chosen children.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 08:06   Link #2113
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Look at the top left corner, the blurry part. It's Mimi's profile and it says she's currently living in America.
Which image? I don't see it.
Old 2015-08-11, 08:25   Link #2114
Akashin

Quote:
Which image? I don't see it.
I'd guess the blurb half cut off next to Izzy.

I can't read it anyway, though.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 08:27   Link #2115
Kazu-kun

Quote:

Retcon, my ass XD But why do you even bother? This story is focused on the original chosen children.
Top left corner blurry part is Koushirou. The kanji from his name are 光子郎, and you can clearly see the last two (子郎).

EDIT: I found Mimi's profile
https://twitter.com/harutan2424/stat...73831720431616

It does say she's living in America.
Old 2015-08-11, 08:30   Link #2116
Galaxian

They mention Matt's band and (apparently) Mimi living in America, but they don't mention Sorato. The staff can't decided what to do with 02
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 08:42   Link #2117
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
This profiles are very funny. My two favorite characters are popular with opposite sex:

Quote:
Yagami Hikari:
2nd year middle school student. It's because of her cute charm, she's really popular in her brother's soccer club. She loves ice cream. Her partner is Tailmon.
Quote:
Takaishi Takeru:
2nd year middle school student. Very popular among girls in school. Due to his parents divorce, he lives separately from his brother Yamato, they both get along really well. His partner is Patamon.

Another thing, I'm not entirely sure if 02 is canon or not.

There are things like school uniforms of Hikari and Takeru, Mimi living in America, Yamato playing bass in a band that we only saw in 02. However, these things are mainly background. In theory, these things could (should) occur even without 02 being canon for Tri.

There are other things that may contradict the end of 02, as digidestined and digimon appear to be separated (when the end of 02 implied that they would live together) and the relationship between Yamato and Sora seems to be being ignored. However, even if 02 is canon, these situations could change between between 2002 and 2005. Digimon and human may have been separated at this time and Yamato and Sora can be broken up (although they are likely to get back together at the end).

I think I'll wait to see digivice of Takeru and Hikari.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 08:58   Link #2118
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Top left corner blurry part is Koushirou. The kanji from his name are 光子郎, and you can clearly see the last two (子郎).

EDIT: I found Mimi's profile
https://twitter.com/harutan2424/stat...73831720431616

It does say she's living in America.
You were faster :3 yep

---

Eh, well, re: retcon situation, I don't think there would be much of a need to mention Sora and Matt in their profiles? It's like, one sentence giving a basic introduction, why waste it on saying who they're dating? Not like that's what the characters are all about I feel like people might be over analyzing this a bit.
Old 2015-08-11, 09:01   Link #2119
Gundamx

Quote:
You were faster :3 yep

---

Eh, well, re: retcon situation, I don't think there would be much of a need to mention Sora and Matt in their profiles? It's like, one sentence giving a basic introduction, why waste it on saying who they're dating? Not like that's what the characters are all about I feel like people might be over analyzing this a bit.
Yet they have zero problem saying Hikari & takeru popular with opposite sex...

I guess they are trying to keep that under bed till first movie
Old 2015-08-11, 09:09   Link #2120
Konja9

Quote:
I do not think it's a overanalysis.

The situation is that they mentioned "She's Taichi's classmate", they could have mentioned if Sora is girlfriend of Yamato.

If Yamato and Sora are a couple, they do not have to hide it in the magazine (this wouldn't be a mystery, as it was shown at the end of 02).
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon