AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-15, 17:04   Link #421
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

Quote:
I agree with Sinestra that something will probably happen to Agemaki to get Zakuro to awaken but before that I really hope Agemaki can do something physically great to show Zakuro he's not as weak as she thinks he is (although what he's done so far by supporting her is great already).
Even if Agemaki could show strength he is still no match for Omodaka he especially given whose blood is running in veins. However, being out matched and overpowered if he were to attempt to save her even at the cost of his life that alone will show Zakuro how much he cares. Zakuro would of course be upset with him for doing it but that one act would show her how far he is willing to go for her.

Quote:
If Zakuro's mother is so powerful, why didn't she use her power to protect herself and her beloved? I guess this is a case of "bad" discipline being so ingrained into her head. Good thing Zakuro has grown away from all that heavy servile thinking and developed a strong independent and rebellious nature to allow her to break free from all that's to come.
She had no idea that the village had found out about her. She could never have imagined that her own son betrayed her. Also, she was the not the violent type i couldn't see her taking a life thats just not who she was. The priest were also powerful in their own right. They could have suppressed their power in order to follow her. I dont think anyone would have been fast enough to stop 5 spears from going through him. The other tragedy is she probably blamed herself for him being killed. She was probably haunted by that thought till the day she died.

Quote:
It's a bit ironic that between the two siblings, Omodaka looks most like their mother. But I also can understand the metaphor for having Zakuro look like her father.

Although the others have good intentions of coming to save Zakuro, their efforts will be futile without Zakuro's help; it's obvious that they are no match to any of those in the Oracle Village.

On a lighter note, it was just hilarious that Zakuro's father met her mother when he fell a tree.
I do find it humorous as well that they met because he happen to chop down the tree she was in. Like an angel descending from the heaven just messing up the landing lol. Also, the fact that she totally has never washed anything and destroyed that piece of cloth was amusing.

I dont think that their efforts will be futile their presence will instrumental in giving Zakuro the courage to fight against her brother. Omodaka will try to use that to his advantage. Seeing the people who truly care for her will give her the strength to fight. The others can take care of the small fry.

I love the fact that Omodake looks like his mother (whom he despised) while Zakuro looks like her father (the lingering proof of her mothers love for another man) Seeing Zakuro will always be proof that her mother loved a human the irony is overwhelming.
Old 2010-12-15, 18:00   Link #422
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Even if Agemaki could show strength he is still no match for Omodaka he especially given whose blood is running in veins. However, being out matched and overpowered if he were to attempt to save her even at the cost of his life that alone will show Zakuro how much he cares. Zakuro would of course be upset with him for doing it but that one act would show her how far he is willing to go for her.
Oh I totally agree that Agemaki is no match for any of those in the Oracle village (let alone Omodaka) but what I meant is that I hope to see him accomplish some small feat at least - I just sympathize Agemaki for constantly feeling that Zakuro is always the one to save him.

Quote:
She had no idea that the village had found out about her. She could never have imagined that her own son betrayed her. Also, she was the not the violent type i couldn't see her taking a life thats just not who she was. The priest were also powerful in their own right. They could have suppressed their power in order to follow her. I dont think anyone would have been fast enough to stop 5 spears from going through him. The other tragedy is she probably blamed herself for him being killed. She was probably haunted by that thought till the day she died.
True, she probably did blame herself for her beloved's death but I think she also blamed herself for not having protected Omodaka, and as a result he has become the person he is now.

I didn't mean for her to fight and protect her human lover in that instant but more to have acted initially. Well, she did eventually act. when she knocked out those guards and escaped with Zakuro at the end, so she's very capable. I just think she's so ingrained with a subserviant attitude that she didn't initially stand up for her beliefs. Her conversation with Kushimatsu right after that old geezer's nightly visit showed that she simply accepted her fate. Plus, she cherished her own kind and thought she was doing them a great service by giving them a powerful heir. It's not until she mingled with the human farmers that she began to see things in a different light.

Quote:
I do find it humorous as well that they met because he happen to chop down the tree she was in. Like an angel descending from the heaven just messing up the landing lol. Also, the fact that she totally has never washed anything and destroyed that piece of cloth was amusing.
LOL. That cloth was hilarious. And her expression while falling and landing position was funny.

Quote:
I dont think that their efforts will be futile their presence will instrumental in giving Zakuro the courage to fight against her brother. Omodaka will try to use that to his advantage. Seeing the people who truly care for her will give her the strength to fight. The others can take care of the small fry.
I meant physically it will be futile if Zakuro doesn't awaken/act. There's no way they can rescue Zakuro completely on their own.

Quote:
I love the fact that Omodake looks like his mother (whom he despised) while Zakuro looks like her father (the lingering proof of her mothers love for another man) Seeing Zakuro will always be proof that her mother loved a human the irony is overwhelming.
Seriously, the creators of this series has thought everything out so well...from the pairings to even Omodaka's and Zakuro's appearances. I don't think I've ever come across such a detailed and well thought out series as this in a long time. At first, looking at the promo pictures and everything I had thought it's the typical shoujo/neko type series but after watching it, I'm so glad I decided to check it out - certainly evidence for "don't judge a book by its cover".

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 18:32   Link #423
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
If Agemaki and Zakuro have a child i wonder if it would look human and have spiritual powers or would it have the ears but no powers at all.
Old 2010-12-15, 20:54   Link #424
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
If Agemaki and Zakuro have a child i wonder if it would look human and have spiritual powers or would it have the ears but no powers at all.
I would guess he/she will have powers at least. Since Zakuro is a half-spirit but her powers are even greater than her full spirit mom suggests that a dilution of blood doesn't seem to affect the power level.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 12:56   Link #425
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
If Zakuro's mother is so powerful, why didn't she use her power to protect herself and her beloved? I guess this is a case of "bad" discipline being so ingrained into her head. Good thing Zakuro has grown away from all that heavy servile thinking and developed a strong independent and rebellious nature to allow her to break free from all that's to come.
Tsukuhane didn't look like the fighting type, we don't know what exactly her powers were. She only managed to escape the village's clutches thanks to Zakuro's powers in the first place.
Old 2010-12-20, 13:32   Link #426
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2010-12-20, 13:35   Link #427
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for OYZ 12 - The Rescue Team:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 14:47   Link #428
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep12:
Old 2010-12-20, 15:28   Link #429
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 12:
Old 2010-12-20, 15:39   Link #430
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 12:
Old 2010-12-20, 16:26   Link #431
sikvod00

I like how the theme of wanting to be loved by someone connects the protagonists and antagonists alike . Even the least sympathetic character, the spider lady, appears to be suffering from unrequited love. Obviously I don't condone the way she goes about dealing with. It's sad how she ruthlessly uses the younger sister to vent her frustration and exact her vengeance., when the poor girl is dealing with similar emotions. She just wants to be loved/accepted by someone!!
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 17:26   Link #432
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep12:
Old 2010-12-20, 18:20   Link #433
kitten320

Spoiler for 12:
Old 2010-12-21, 07:14   Link #434
Thoguht

Lots of little hints and flags are adding up in my mind. For example:
  • Agemaki's sister can see invisible spirits, like the nekomata that his cat Itsue had turned into
  • His mother was aware Zakuro was at least part-spirit (although she could just be very observant, or the maid Tae could have told her)
  • Lords A and Um sensed an "odd presence" while they were transporting him to the Village of Oracles
  • Zakuro is visibly surprised when she finds out that he has heard her mother's voice
  • Although he longs to save Zakuro instead of her always saving him, there is no way he could stand a chance in direct combat with Omodaka, unless...
Spoiler for speculation:
Thoguht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 10:52   Link #435
kitten320

Eehhh... Zakueo is asleep and shows no reactions, she couldn't be suprised because of Agemaki hearing her mother.

And I duno... the problem with many stories is that authors forgets such details as normal human can't fight someone abnormal, especially it gets forgotten in final fights.
Old 2010-12-21, 12:22   Link #436
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Eehhh... Zakueo is asleep and shows no reactions, she couldn't be suprised because of Agemaki hearing her mother.

And I duno... the problem with many stories is that authors forgets such details as normal human can't fight someone abnormal, especially it gets forgotten in final fights.
you forgot they where around zakuro too then.

ending of 11th episode was nice no music then slowing into it.
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 12:31   Link #437
kitten320

I'm lost... Agemaki heard mother's voice now in episode 12. Zakuro is asleep, all we saw from her sleep was her meeting crying Omodaka.
Old 2010-12-21, 16:18   Link #438
Seihai
スマイリウム

Omodaka's situation reminds me a bit of DRRR!! when all that was needed to solve the characters' conflicts was to be honest to each other, and not hide things leading to reckless assumptions and actions. In fact, if from Omodaka's side compromises were possible, he wouldn't have needed to retreat to such measures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm lost... Agemaki heard mother's voice now in episode 12. Zakuro is asleep, all we saw from her sleep was her meeting crying Omodaka.
We'll see coming last episode but it confirms for me that Agemaki's the one with the odd presence A and Um felt during the porting. And his family can partially sense / see spirits where others can't so there's gotta be something special about him, too, I guess. Not to mention he was the only one that got seperated from the others... and then through a weird coincidence hear Zakuro's mom's voice and meet her.

It's good that we were shown something at all, they might as well could have left Zakuro in her trance without showing anything. That she was able to face those 'male half-spirits' and then apologizing to them was a step towards a good direction. Zakuro meeting Omodaka also presents the stepstone for the final episode.
Now they just have to set Rangui straight, punch some light into Daidai (and save her when needed), clear up the misunderstandings and eventually give those poor treated half spirits a happy end.
Old 2010-12-21, 16:26   Link #439
Miraluka
Banned

Fuck yeah!!

BTW, Ganryuu did a good job, I though he was there for nothing :P.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 18:37   Link #440
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I noticed a neat little thing in the OP for 11 (haven't checked out if it's in episode 12 yet) but it was changed to make it clear that Hanadate is Omodaka, just a little detail that I thought was rather cool.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen